SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
^^ The FBI is looking for a "Wiley Edward Coyote" in connection with the latest attempts. Last known address was in Arizona, and he has been linked to the "ACME" corporation.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

Man charged in apparent Trump plot wrote 'This was an assassination attempt,' court filing Ryan Wesley Routh, 58, was charged with two gun crimes after his Sept. 15 arrest and will appear in a Florida court on Monday.

he man charged in connection with an apparent assassination attempt against Donald Trump in Florida this month dropped off a box at a person’s home that included a letter that declared, "This was an assassination attempt," a court document revealed Monday.

The note came to light in a U.S. District Court filing asking that Ryan Wesley Routh, 58, be held in pre-trial detention.

Law enforcement was contacted by a civilian on Sept. 18 who said that Routh had dropped off a box at his residence several months earlier, the filing said. The witness opened the box after learning of the Sept. 15 incident at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida.

In that box was ammunition, four phones and various letters.

One handwritten letter addressed to “The World” said: “This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you.”

The letter said in part: “He ended relations with Iran like a child and now the Middle East has unraveled.”

Routh was arrested on Sept. 15 after a Secret Service agent moving ahead of Trump as he was golfing at Trump International spotted “the partially obscured face of a man” in the brush along the fence line and the barrel of a rifle “aimed directly at him.” The agent fired at Routh, who fled. He was spotted by a witness and was soon after arrested on Interstate 95.

Routh has since been charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number. He is due in court Monday.

The FBI searched Routh's Nissan Xterra and found six cellphones — one of which contained a Google search of how to travel from Palm Beach County to Mexico.

Cell site records from two of the phones revealed Routh had traveled from Greensboro, North Carolina, to West Palm Beach on Aug. 14, 2024.

Further, on “multiple days and times from Aug. 18, 2024, to Sept. 15, 2024, Routh’s cellphone accessed cell towers located near Trump International and the former president’s residence at Mar-a-Lago,” the filing said.

Also found in the vehicle were 12 pairs of gloves, a Hawaii driver’s license in Routh’s name, his passport and documents. One of the documents was a handwritten list of dates in August, September and October and venues where Trump had appeared or was expected to.

Agents also found a notebook with “dozens of pages” filled with names and phone numbers about Ukraine, discussions on how to join the fight on behalf of Ukraine and notes criticizing the Chinese and Russian governments.

The filing said law enforcement learned that the license plate on the Nissan Xterra was not registered to the vehicle, and two additional license plates were found in the car.

A search of the area where Routh had been hiding near the golf course led to the discovery of a rifle with a scope attached and obliterated serial number, an extended magazine and a backpack and reusable shopping bag that both contained plates “capable of stopping small arms fire.”

On the rifle, investigators found a latent fingerprint on a piece of tape attached to the firearm that preliminarily matched Routh.

NBC News observed heavy police presence and tape on Friday near a row of palm trees and bushes lining the golf course on Summit Boulevard. The area featured an opening in the bushes behind the palm trees, which is easily accessible from the public sidewalk. The gap had a view of the golf course and was large enough for someone to occupy.

Posts: 24300 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'll surmise that possibly DT isn't doing another debate at this point for another reason other than unfair moderation. As mentioned, t may be that he doesn't want to give her the excuse for not doing public events because she's doing debate prep, or that it really could only benefit her. It also may not fit in with the campaign strategy this late in the campaign, as he may be hitting the airwaves hard with negative ads and talking points, and doesn't want to give her great national broadcast to explain them away.

Posts: 7636 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If I trust him enough to run my country, I trust him enough to choose to debate or not.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
From the Foxnews.com article on the letter written by looneytoneytwo.

quote:
"This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you. I tried my best and gave it all the gumption I could muster. It is up to you now to finish the job; and I will offer $150,000 to whomever can complete the job,"

Now, add additional charges:

Solicitation of murder
Conspiracy to commit murder
Terrorism
Conspiracy to commit terrorist attack
Attempted terrorist attack on fed.gov official

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32035 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Law enforcement was contacted by a civilian on Sept. 18 who said that Routh had dropped off a box at his residence several months earlier, the filing said. The witness opened the box after learning of the Sept. 15 incident at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida.

In that box was ammunition, four phones and various letters.

One handwritten letter addressed to “The World” said: “This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you.”

Why was this person storing the box?
Why wasn't he/she curious about the contents until after learning of the Sept. 15 incident?
How did Routh know, several months earlier, that the assassination attempt on Donald Trump failed?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24611 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's shithead's fabulous precision setup Roll Eyes

Three to five hundred yards? More like three to five yards, if that. Dig the straps holding down the scope, and that custom eye shade.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Are those straps or just electrical tape?
Yeah, three to five yards is about right.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16641 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
From the looks of it, Audrey the idiot TS was better equipped, at least able to aim.

Posts: 7400 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Wow, that thing is a hot mess... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
I hope he paid a lot of money for that.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5008 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Why was this person storing the box?
Why wasn't he/she curious about the contents until after learning of the Sept. 15 incident?
How did Routh know, several months earlier, that the assassination attempt on Donald Trump failed?

‘Cause that’s how they do it in the movies.

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
So much for speculation that CIA or FBI were behind him. Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, after seeing way the scope was mounted on the rifle, at least that question is answered.
Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24611 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Apparently, Plan B was a bayonet charge.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Apparently, Plan B was NOT a bayonet charge.

FIFY

Posts: 5912 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here's shithead's fabulous precision setup

Yup: More proof that he was recruited and equipped by the Deep State experts as a deadly agent to carry out their nefarious plan. No expense or effort will be spared. Roll Eyes

Although I’m unable to find it now, one actual YouTube authority opined based on the original very poor photo of the rifle where it was originally found that the scope was probably secured to the receiver with some sort of strap system as pictured. He said that was something often seen on the rifles in the Middle East.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47701 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
So you’re saying they’re were trying to pin this on the Iranians? Razz

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could the bolt even fully function with those straps? Guess the scope mounts were installed by someone who'd never heard of Loctite. Or had lost their screwdriver that day.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Thank God that the Left is mostly incompetent.

Unfortunately, they only have to be lucky once.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17565 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post