SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I still like the town hall idea on X with Elin Musk moderating.

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
Not debating is a mistake…they will use this against him.

He has nothing to Gain and everything to lose. He should NOT debate this commie bitch.

Posts: 8697 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Glad he is not going to do a cnn debate. Screw all these leftie msm outlets. Even fox.
Newsmax, sure. As mentioned, Elon on X, sure. Other than that they can go pound sand. All of them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19732 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I said it before and I will say it again. There is zero upside for Trump in another debate. Glad he said no.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5139 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Is there anything Donald Trump could do or not do that the commies will not use against him?

Doesn’t seem like something Trump should consider when making decisions.

I’m reminded of the now old joke that if Trump walked on water, the commies would say he couldn’t swim.

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I continue to be appalled that the "wizard behind the curtain"--whoever it is or they are--would be so evil as to let the country continue in the hands of Biden and Harris, when the entire world is at stake, and the clear weakness shown by the current situation greatly increases the chance of an enemy making an aggressive move, understanding that--true or not--the US would be unlikely to respond with a swift and deadly response.

If there were no other reason not to do everything in our power to bring these people down, that alone would be more than enough. And electoral defeat is not enough to make up for what they have put us all through. Thinking in particular about the hundreds of thousands in the military who would have to bear the brunt of whatever move is made. Of course it could be even worse, then we would all bear an incalculable cost of this evil.

God save us all. God save Donald Trump and JD Vance.

Posts: 18365 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I continue to be appalled ....

As well we should be, but unfortunately most aren’t.

One of the things that is most clear about totalitarian and authoritarian regimes is that they inevitably eat their own at some point. Once a leader or limited group is able to take measures to consolidate and increase their power, they quickly realize that the greatest danger to their status and persons is other members of their group. Something else that is clear, though, is that members of the “out” groups usually do not recognize the danger they are in. They tend to be the more ideologically blinkered members who cannot—or will not—believe that their movement could be subject to and could be corrupted by basic human nature.

Most people today (and always) are not aware of the dangers posed to us all by restrictions on our traditional freedoms. Far too few object as long as it’s not their speech, press, religion, or assembly rights that are being suppressed. Only when the members of the “in” group start getting midnight knocks on their doors do they recognize what they’ve allowed to be created, and as people like the German Pastor Niemöller pointed out, then it will be far too late.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47701 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump should agree to another debate only if it is held in the first week of October, or end of September.

It should be at CNN, with Jake Tapper the moderator. (Who needs two moderators? What's the point?) Tapper has been very critical of the ABC moderators, and I believe he would be fair.

Without getting the questions ahead of time, and without help from moderators, Kamala will be a disaster.

We are now down to 44 days, and there is no question in my mind that they can keep her well hidden until the election.

I also believe it will hurt Trump with independents if he refuses to debate.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I continue to be appalled that the "wizard behind the curtain"--whoever it is or they are--would be so evil as to let the country continue in the hands of Biden and Harris, when the entire world is at stake, and the clear weakness shown by the current situation greatly increases the chance of an enemy making an aggressive move, understanding that--true or not--the US would be unlikely to respond with a swift and deadly response.

If there were no other reason not to do everything in our power to bring these people down, that alone would be more than enough. And electoral defeat is not enough to make up for what they have put us all through. Thinking in particular about the hundreds of thousands in the military who would have to bear the brunt of whatever move is made. Of course it could be even worse, then we would all bear an incalculable cost of this evil.

God save us all. God save Donald Trump and JD Vance.

The "wizard behind the curtain"--whoever it is or they are-- is the un-elected 4th branch of government. That includes the intel agencies and the military industrial complex. They are pro-war because war is good for business and allows them to launder billions.

They are globalists who value profit internationally over what is good for any particular country, including the USA. They operate in the shadows, behind the scenes and cannot speak of their unspeakable policies. They must be dismantled and defeated. It won't be easy.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24611 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Trump is smart not to do another debate. There is not much for him to gain and CNN, ABC, et al are going to try and take him out, they will know the internal polls as well as KH.

KH is now going to be forced to get out and interview more to try and get her whatever the fuck her message of the day is. Tanking internal polls will force her hand, one and done debate then back to the basement strategy out the window. The more her drunk ass is in front of a camera the better.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1750 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I also believe it will hurt Trump with independents if he refuses to debate.

Sorry, I find this hard to believe. You really think that a voter will sit there, find out Trump is not going to do a third debate, and say "this is a deal breaker, I'm not voting for him"?

Independents will vote on two issues only, the Biden economy and the Harris open border clusterfuck. Nothing else matters. Independents are not a magical group of political savvy, follow-the-news junkies; they are largely non-political people who do not vote in midterms and could care less about the political minutia of the times.

Those who pay attention to politics and the issues have already picked a lane, and made up their minds awhile back.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I honesty don't think it's going to come down to which faction will vote which way at this point, regardless of another debate. I think it'll all come down to election integrity. And I can't say I'm completely confident in that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Having read all these comments, especially Oddball's, I've changed my mind. I agree that Trump should not debate.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The DNC and Mass Media aren't totally stupid. If he accepts, they'll place the ball on a tee and let Kamala hit it and at the same time to everything they can to make Trump look bad.

At least by not debating he can limit the damage as opposed to giving them an open opportunity to light him up.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The DNC and Mass Media aren't totally stupid. If he accepts, they'll place the ball on a tee and let Kamala hit it and at the same time to everything they can to make Trump look bad.

I agree. I don't think CNN would play it straight this time. I think they wanted Biden gone. They knew they couldn't drag his carcass across the finish line this time, so they set the debate up early and gave him no cover.

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I agree. I don't think CNN would play it straight this time. I think they wanted Biden gone. They knew they couldn't drag his carcass across the finish line this time, so they set the debate up early and gave him no cover.

^^^ This

CNN chose to let Biden fail to facilitate the "coup" against him.

They would certainly not make the same choice with Komrade Kamala.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17565 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I continue to be appalled that the media is ignoring this. We all know that Joe didn't just wake up the morning of his debate with Trump with instant onset dementia. Everyone in the White House must have been totally aware of his incapacity for a very long time, yet they allowed the farce to continue.

There should be a reckoning for all of them, but the media is all powerful in moving public perception. Since they are ignoring it, the public is too.

Remember Watergate? It wasn't even a thing for a while until the media started harping on it.

Posts: 9741 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I don’t think there are too many people left who are undecided… my feeling is the concentration should be more in line with “getting the vote out” then trying to convince undecideds.

Posts: 6452 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Why not let Trump decide the terms of the debate?
Take it or leave it.
Debate on FOX with Tucker Carlson or Elon Musk as moderator?
The Dems would immediately turn down any thought of a debate set up like this.
Maybe the Republicans could learn from the Dems on how to say NO!

Posts: 4692 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Goodnight, SIGforum. Keep the faith.

https://x.com/TheBabylonBee/st.../1837914809691480488

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post