SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is a relatively simple fact to check. Davis jumped in not to “fact check” but to make a political point, which is part of why the network made abortion (Harris’s strongest issue) the second debate topic. This is the network putting its finger on the scale in the 2024 election, which, while expected, is still partisan politicking thinly disguised as “fact-checking.”

Yes BWTF with Trump, he needed a short concise knock out punch for this.

His goal should have been to bury her with short fierce hits, not ramble.

You don't respect Israels right to protect it border, that's a lie, and you prove it every day when you let millions of illegal pour across our boarder. Next

I stopped your bill to send 1500 boarder patrol agents, because it weak an ineffective against a sea of 15million illegals, just as you are weak and ineffective with all your responses.

Hey ABC will you pledge to retire if we find out that you or your staff gave the questions to Kamala prior to the interview

He needed zingers, nobody cares about his positions, we all know them.

I would have loved to see DeSantis in this debate.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5178 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard a lot of chatter about the debate is really for those undecided voters. Its my opinion, that if you are undecided at this point, you haven't been paying attention. I cannot deny that my life was better under President Trump than it is right now. As a father, I am terrified of another term under this administration.

Today is September 11. I hope people think about which of these candidates they would like to have as Commander in Chief if another event such as this ever occurs.

May God Bless America.

Posts: 797 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I did not watch a single second of this "debate", just skimmed the pages here this morning and elsewhere online. But several of my takeaways; 1) Trump did well given the circumstances of a 90 minute TV show specifically designed to attack and malign him in front of a national audience. And that no Republican candidate past or present could have handled the 90 minutes like Trump did. 2) As far as answering gotcha questions or "taking the bait", if he was silent and ignored those questions, his silence would be more damaging and used against him. From what I hear, he did not run away from any question, unlike Harris. 3) I read a comment that the Obama/Romney debate moderated by Candy Crowley was fair and balanced compared to last night's shitshow, and that moderate independent viewers who are not die hard leftist Democrats got a disturbing look at how disgusting a propagandized TV network can be. Die hard Harris voters will say last night was a victory, Republicans and conservatives will say it was a debacle, and moderates and independents will say that network "journalism" is disturbingly one-sided and corrupt.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Trump just nailed her with “She says she is going to do all these things, why hasn’t she already done it?”

That's what I've been asking. She's promising to do all this great stuff, so why isn't it happening now? She's in a position to make all of her bullshit happen, and has been for three years. It sounds like an ultimatum now, "if you don't vote for me, you're not getting any treats!"
Glad Trump finally said it. That needs to be hammered every day, if you want these things to happen, why aren't you doing them now, Harris? Why haven't you? It's been three years, plenty enough time to get some shit done.

I wish he would have said it in the first 3 minutes!
He had the perfect opportunity to bury her with the economy and went off the rails and started talking about the border. I realize the dissolved border (among other things) is going to kill our economy but he had a layup and missed it.
ALL her promises should have been met with the same response, “Why didn’t you do it yesterday?!”

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every single question asked during the debate, and I mean every one of them, was 100% predictable. There were no surprise questions. Therefore Trump should have had a response ready to go for every last question asked. I leave it to others to say whether they were satisfied with Trump's responses. I'm sure opinions will differ.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11889 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Every single question asked during the debate, and I mean every one of them, was 100% predictable. There were no surprise questions. Therefore Trump should have had a response ready to go for every last question asked. I leave it to others to say whether they were satisfied with Trump's responses. I'm sure opinions will differ.

Excuse me, what???

Did you watch the same debate I did?

You're inferring Trump didn't have any answers ready? He did, it's more that he got ganged up on 3 on 1 the entire night and kept getting cut off each time he began to make his point.

You didn't watch it, be honest here

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Excuse me, what???

You're inferring Trump didn't have any answers ready? He did, it's more that he got ganged up on 3 on 1 the entire night and kept getting cut off each time he began to make his point.

I absolutely did watch the debate. Every minute of it. If you watched the debate, I suspect you would probably agree with me that all of the questions were predictable. And I inferred nothing. If you look at this thread, you will see that some here did in fact suggest that some of Trump's responses could have been better. My post made two points. First, all of the questions were predictable. Second, that people will have different opinions as to whether any of Trump's responses could have been better. Take a look at the thread. You'll see that's true. You are inferring I think that this was some sort of anti-Trump post. It wasn't. I will be voting for Trump on election day.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Excuse me, what???

I watched the first half and I didn’t think Trump did well. Regardless of the ganging up on him, he would start to answer a question and quickly pivot to a different subject like immigration. In some instances this hurt him because what he was describing wasn’t clear. He needed to speak to the uninformed, not those of us with knowledge of the subjects being discussed. He just seemed to have too much to say and tried to put too much into each of his answers. I found myself constantly questioning why he didn’t detail one thing or another.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: frayedends,

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are inferring I think that this was some sort of anti-Trump post. It wasn't. I will be voting for Trump on election day.

OK I apologize here. I feel slightly uneasy today about the whole thing but it was a complete ambush and he tried to hold his own.

As far as Trump going off on tangents, he's never gonna change, that's just how Trump is. I'm still surprised that people still don't seem to understand this.

The one thing I really wish he'd done better on overall was trying to be more positive and not keep going on about how this country is a disaster (it is) and everything is going downhill. Kamala OTOH was clearly coached to be more "Hopey and Changey".

Overall this one reminded me of that bad debate in 2020 with asshole Chris Wallace lecturing him and fact checking him all night while practically blowing Biden under the podium. Trump seemed angry and off that night and we later found out he was sick or something.

posted Hide Post
That wasn't really a debate. It was another coordinated ambush by partisan media hacks. From the way her responses sounded, Harris not only had the questions in advance, but had worked with ABC to make sure that only focus group tested questions in her favor were asked.

Trump pushed back where he could, but the format was not in his favor with the way ABC stage managed the debate. I don't think the needle was moved one way or another.

Trump was Trump, and Harris read a canned script instead of providing actual answers.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I love Trump but agreeing to a debate on ABC wasn't a smart move. I know, I know, he went on CNN yada yada yada but there comes a point when it's obvious one is stepping into a landmine field and this is one such occasion. If Kumswala doesn't want to debate on FOX or X, then point that out and move on.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw on the CNN screen at the gym showing polling on who can better handle the economy went from 53% for Trump before the debate to 55% after the debate. At least that’s encouraging news and I don’t think the debate really moved the needle one way or the other. I’m still confident Trump will prevail in the states he needs to win.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everyone is smarter than Donald Trump.

Ain't that somethin'?

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The debate isn't going to matter. She got no bounce out of their convention and her numbers are declining. Trump is fearless and he did fine. Her contorting face and painful voice just aren't very appealing. Independent voters are telling pollsters that Trump won.

Posts: 2037 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump did a great job last night considering what he was up against

quote:
The usual doom-and-gloom has settled like a pall on the conservative commentariat. If our side doesn’t score with a Grand Slam, they invariably consider it a loss. Their attitude is all wrong. When looked at through “real world” lenses, Trump did remarkably well in a venue that was hostile and dishonest—and that many Americans recognized as such. I know this because I’ve been in venues just like that—only without millions of people watching. At the end of the day, I won my case, even though the process was more than usually painful. I believe the same will be true for Donald Trump.

Bear with me while I tell my tale.

Thirty years ago, the opposing counsel on the case, whom I’ll call Smith, had a reputation at the appellate level, where a very nice appellate judge—I know he was nice because I used to babysit for his daughter when I was a teenager—savaged Smith in an opinion. The reason for this savagery was that Smith was a liar. In his briefs before the court, he lied about everything, both facts and law...

... Last night, Donald Trump faced exactly what I saw in the San Francisco court system thirty years ago: Kamala Harris was Smith. Everything she said was a lie. She lied about the facts, she lied about Trump, and she lied about her policies. When she wasn’t lying about her policies, she was slithering away from them so the public wouldn’t see the truth.

And then, unlike me, where I at least had a few days to decide on a way to respond, Trump had to decide on the fly what to say. Do I protect my integrity? Do I challenge her lies? Do I just restate my position?

That’s easy to do from the comfort of a living room chair. That’s hard to do when you are on the world stage with a one-minute clock ticking. And yes, Trump is Trump, so he’ll defend his honor first. That’s how he’s wired. And then he restated his position. When you’re under the gun, you make your choices.

And then, instead of a dishonest judge, Trump faced two vicious, dishonest ABC hacks who attacked him with lies, asked him loaded questions that didn’t matter to most voters, and smothered Kamala with kisses. It was, as so many people said, a three-on-one pile-on, not a moderated debate...

...So, take heart. Trump fought valiantly in a corrupt venue, one so patently dishonest that even ordinary people, the normal people across America facing hordes of violent illegal aliens, unaffordable food, racial divisiveness, and world chaos, will see the truth and vote accordingly.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I have to shake my head and roll my eyes at those who acted like they just came home from a funeral. One against three but Trump still did more than just well.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I did not watch the debate, and I won't watch the next one, if it takes place. Trump already had my vote along with that of all my family members who are of voting age. ABC news would never allow any type of objectivity from their "moderators" anyhow.

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel

Posts: 1018 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ben Shapiro stated in the first two minutes of his show today that the person at the top of the ABC “chain” is very good friends with Kackles and was the one that set her up on the blind date with Emhoff. I mean, talk about a stacked deck. Double stacked. Was this not known to the Trump team?

Posts: 1106 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post