SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Amrchair quarterbacking at its most shameful.

On election night, the victory will belong to those of us who have kept the faith.

Yeah, loser mentality when in in actual reality, Harris AND ABC lost WAY more than Trump in the last 24 hours. These "armchair" pundits were never in 100% for Trump anyways, shit, DeSantis' name rears it's ugly head in this discussion. Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Huh? Why would Haitian Migrants carry dead geese to the police?

"...a caller reporting 4 Haitian Migrants carrying dead geese to the police".

Razz

I guess the Haitians wanted to prepare a nice dinner for the police.

Posts: 8874 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
As far as another debate goes, Harris and her handlers would never agree to have it happen with Fox News. You can forget that. The fact that they are even talking about another debate shows they are already aware that the way last night's debate was handled was a disaster for them.

Would Trump agree to another debate on enemy ground? Hell, I don't know, he doesn't need it but he just might do it. Trump is Trump...that's why we love him. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Amrchair quarterbacking at its most shameful.

On election night, the victory will belong to those of us who have kept the faith.

Yeah, loser mentality when in in actual reality, Harris AND ABC lost WAY more than Trump in the last 24 hours. These "armchair" pundits were never in 100% for Trump anyways, shit, DeSantis' name rears it's ugly head in this discussion. Roll Eyes

Pessimists are, generally speaking, disgusting. They are worrisome creatures who want others to build up their hopes instead of doing it themselves.

So many people continue to doubt Trump even though he has proved himself over and over again. Roll Eyes

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Trump was Trump, I'm not worried about it. Kamala came off as an arrogant, smirking bitch. I have to believe there are still people in the middle who haven't bought into all the propaganda and don't just hate the guy who watched that debate and decided that they didn't want Mrs. "I need to speak to your manager" as our head of state. Those people must exist, and they must exist in numbers significant enough to matter.

Posts: 17618 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
quote:

Razz

I guess the Haitians wanted to prepare a nice dinner for the police.

"...a caller reporting to the police 4 Haitian Migrants carrying dead geese [b][/b]".

better? Big Grin

Posts: 6502 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kamala's team was fed the questions, but it should've have been necessary given the likelihood of the subjects coming up.

Where the real value comes is that if she did the debate freehand, without scripted questions or with teleprompters, she should be able to do interviews all the time and her refusal to do them in the past was complete BS.

The press should start insisting on interviews.

Posts: 4248 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Razz

Reminds me of the movie Clue:

"He threatened to kill me in public."

"Why would he want to kill you in public?"

"I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her."

"Oh."

Crappy writing. About what I expect from the msm. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Trump did great.

He is truly Teddy Roosevelt's 'Man in the Arena:"

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

—Theodore Roosevelt

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^A fitting Truth right there, and one that could not be more appropriate! The US has been blessed with a number of Great Leaders throughout our history...Courageous men that have stepped into the arena and risked much for this country! Donald Trump is one of them!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Harris has a nice set of pearl earrings, I think I've seen them somewhere before.

The company responded and said the resemblance of what she was wearing and to their product was remarkable. Also the company is suing the China man for ripping off their patent. So she could have been wearing China man knock offs. Timmy probably picked them up in one of his thirty trips there and gave them to her.
At any rate if it's dastardly and underhanded she probably would do it. Given the questions beforehand isn't enough she needed someone in her ear to coach her along.

These debates carry no legitimacy in my opinion so I don't waste my time watching them. Nothing is on a level playing field when it comes to dealing with the Democrats on anything at any level. I doubt what ever happens in them changes anyone's mind. Everyone is watching and waiting for their team to get their snipes and digs in and that's about it.

The saying "It's like playing chess with a chicken. They jump up on the board strut around knocking all the pieces over, shit on everything and then say they won" Is a good description of how the Democrats approach these debates.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8616 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Given the questions beforehand isn't enough she needed someone in her ear to coach her along

There was one particular moment, I can't say when, when her response struck me as odd. Too quick, too glib, too extemporaneous, particularly for her. She was clearly happy with that response, almost surprised,

Maybe it was just me but yeah, an odd, out of character moment that stunk of someone putting words in her mouth.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8540 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
We don’t need another ‘debate’ which was never a debate to begin with

We need actions and not words.

Posts: 53783 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch the debate, I really did. Just couldn't do it, but then I have high blood pressure, so there is that.
From everything I've heard, Harris with all the help MAY have won the debate, but Trump won more votes. Big Grin The Democrats will never learn, and thank God for that.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1727 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
did Kameltoe cheat during the debate with the ear pieces?

you bet your ass she did

Democrats are ALL liars and cheats, so for them the end justifies the means - any means

Posts: 53783 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time the "moderators" interjected with a fact check or comment, I wish Trump would have said "I'm not debating you. Your only job is to ask a question, then keep your mouth shut. Is that understood?" If he does this again, they need to be quickly shut down, each and every time. Do not engage with them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
The debate itself is no longer a real thing. It is a platform to generate material for the propagandist media to use in the following weeks. The party base on both sides is already decided, and have their view of the opposition cemented. The undecideds won't be won or lost during the debate, or they at least will not be exposed to anything new.

How the media can use the debate to shape public opinion is the game being played. Had the media strongly defended Joe after his debate, he'd still be viewed by the low-information voter as competent. Instead they followed orders and in lockstep brought him down.

Were there an honest and impartial media, the coverage would analyze the candidates' understanding of issues and their policy differences. Since the media is not that, we observe the Dems performing for the camera while Trump tries to present facts and policy.

"News" coverage will be using debate bytes for propaganda, just as intended.

Posts: 9724 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This Springfield, Ohio stuff is absolutely bonkers how far it has been taken.
I went to Wittenberg University which is in Springfield and have a number of friends still there.
One happens to be the Deputy Director of Community Coordination for the City of Springfield.
He said all they did yesterday was field calls from a bunch of pissed people that don’t even live in or near Springfield.
That is until someone called in bomb threat to the City buildings and they had to evacuate and stand outside for awhile.

People have become down right ridiculous.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25666 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Did he actually say none of this is true? Can you get us the truth about the city and the 15,000-20,000 illegals?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Reactions to the debate.

https://x.com/VigilantFox/stat...d-they-are-pissed%2F

https://x.com/TONYxTWO/status/...d-they-are-pissed%2F

https://x.com/ImMeme0/status/1...d-they-are-pissed%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post