SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Trump is who he is. She is not who she tried to be tonight.

Obvious to anyone who gives a damn.

It went pretty much like I figured.

It is all good boyz and girls.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I started watching, but couldn't do it. I followed a bit of liveblog on PJ Media.
I admonished my wife not to discuss it when we went out for a walk.
I will not watch the recording or after-debate punditeria.
I know it was abominably unfair to Trump, worse than anyone imagined, I think.
They let her get away with their favorite lies; "fine people", "bloodshed".
She lied with every word, AFAIK she was not fact-checked except maybe once.

Truly neutral and open-minded observers could probably see that the debate was a sham, arranged in advance.
But there aren't any of those people left.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My take, no one is changing either way on this and it probably isn’t going to really help anyone who was legitimately “undecided” unless they suddenly wake up to logic and reason.

While clearly rehearsed and using planned and practiced lines, she definitely held up better than Joe. Moderators certainly carried the water for her as she was allowed to pivot away from the questions asked and use her time for the rehearsed lines.

She was able to get under his skin, but he did get better control as time went on and he got back to the important issues.

Most importantly, he focused on facts, what he did, and what he would do while she focused on history, lies, false claims, and mischaracterizing Trump instead of selling herself and saying what she would do with any specificity.

MSM will call it a win for her based solely on her not collapsing and managing to make it through.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Whatever she has to say, I find I don't like the way she speaks. She comes off as nagging, pleading, and condescending in just about anything she says.

And to quote one of the old timers: "If you tied her hands down, she wouldn't be able to speak a word." Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump just nailed her with “She says she is going to do all these things, why hasn’t she already done it?”

That's what I've been asking. She's promising to do all this great stuff, so why isn't it happening now? She's in a position to make all of her bullshit happen, and has been for three years. It sounds like an ultimatum now, "if you don't vote for me, you're not getting any treats!"

Glad Trump finally said it. That needs to be hammered every day, if you want these things to happen, why aren't you doing them now, Harris? Why haven't you? It's been three years, plenty enough time to get some shit done.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17084 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That wasn’t a debate, that was a 3 on 1 ambush for 90 minutes and Trump STILL managed to hang on.

Kamala was a little too quick in answering those “leading the witness” type questions the mods kept going to her with. Her team was clearly given a heads up about the topics and questions in my opinion.

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Trump was right- Haitian immigrants are eating pets and other animals in Ohio. Media is full of shit, its happening/happened. No evidence my ass, theres lots. Photos, police body cam video, the works.

https://timesofindia.indiatime...leshow/113200789.cms

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I was imagining something like this from ABC when I heard it was scheduled. It was actually milder than I expected. Trump got in some good hits. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Trump's facial reactions to Kameltoe's current lies.

My wife was talking to the TV some "She's not answering the question" or "That wasn't the question!".

I thought that the whole thing went pretty well.

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
That wasn’t a debate, that was a 3 on 1 ambush for 90 minutes and Trump STILL managed to hang on.

Kamala was a little too quick in answering those “leading the witness” type questions the mods kept going to her with. Her team was clearly given a heads up about the topics and questions in my opinion.

Yep. Blatantly, too.

Mr. Trump, there are no states where killing post birth is allowed.

Someone later said that actually there are several states when the baby is still alive after being aborted where it's left to die.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20021 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I was imagining something like this from ABC when I heard it was scheduled. It was actually milder than I expected. Trump got in some good hits. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Trump's facial reactions to Kameltoe's current lies.

My wife was talking to the TV some "She's not answering the question" or "That wasn't the question!".

I thought that the whole thing went pretty well.

Same with my wife. And she NEVER talks at the tv like that (me on other hand…).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/chrisstigall/sta...717400740499749?s=46

Chris Stigall:

The one thing Trump does always get done - he brings up things and enters them into the public consciousness. There were millions watching tonight and many who didn’t know about Aurora Colorado or cats eaten in Springfield Ohio. The “I didn’t know she was black” thing actually plays. Trust me. Her chin out smugness doesn’t make that stuff go away. People will look it up. Those of us making memes, etc here on X think the country is talking about cats being eaten. Millions tonight will look into it for the very first time. And that’s a win.

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
No Evidence, except there is.

Ohio Police “What did you do, did you eat the cat”.
Evidence on X.

President Trump team responds, posting a cat photo.
Link

Springfield City Commission Meeting discussing Haitian immigrants and ducks.
Link to X

Audio from Ohio 911 call on August 26th.
Haitian immigrants with geese.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:...Chris Stigall:...

Yep.

DJT has always been DJT his entire adult life.
He has seemed to be consistently out in front in everything he is involved in, and is passionate about his beliefs'
As far back as the late 70s and early 80s when he popped up on my radar, he has expressed the same central themes the same way without changing his spots.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it until it is...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Trump seemed more alert and better prepared in the debate with Biden. It didn't help tonight that it was 3 on 1. They were anxious to try and fact check Trump but said nothing to Harris' misquotes and debunked statements.

Harris tried to hammer the "rule of law", but she chooses to ignore the laws concerning illegals in this country.

There is so very much that could have been rebutted and torn apart in things she said but wasn't.

No doubt as a former prosecutor and long time politician, she is adept at debate and her showtime strategy was well prepared, but her history of actions or lack thereof speak for themselves.

Looks to me at this point to be a close race and for sure there is a certain percentage of illegal votes, ballot stuffing and other shenanigans on the way from the dims. Just hope it isn't overwhelming and the election stolen.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
My take, no one is changing either way on this and it probably isn’t going to really help anyone who was legitimately “undecided” unless they suddenly wake up to logic and reason.

Agreed, at this point, I can't believe there's that many undecided. The debate was an opportunity to see if the opposition would fall on their face. Don't believe either advanced their position. Wished DJT would've not get caught up in the trap-questions, Kamala continues to confirm she lacks any firm policy positions, likes to plead, preen and speak in buzzwords on various topics, meanwhile Big Media continues to cover for the Dems as their line of questions and 'fact-checking' interruptions was favoring them.

I have to agree with Walsh's take on tonights debate

https://x.com/MattWalshBlog/st...Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nebraska sheriff stunned as migrants allegedly kill bald eagle for dinner but feds pass on charging them

https://www.foxnews.com/us/neb...ack&utm_medium=email

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ABC News botches abortion fact check to help Democrats

https://www.washingtonexaminer...heck-help-democrats/

As expected in the debate between former President Donald Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris, ABC News botched a fact check to try and cover for Harris and the Democratic Party’s radicalism.

ABC News host Linsey Davis inserted herself into the debate on the question of abortion, offering a “fact check” of Trump’s comments about the Democratic Party supporting no protections for babies born alive after abortions.

“There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it’s born,” she said matter-of-factly.

The problem is that Davis did not get her facts right. Trump referenced during his answer the infamous (and undercovered by liberal media) comments by former Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA), who said the following about babies born alive after surviving an abortion: “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Davis evidently was not aware of this. She also evidently was not aware congressional Democrats voted against a bill that would provide protections for babies born alive after abortions. Davis was also evidently unaware that Gov. Tim Walz (D-MN), Harris’s running mate, helped repeal the state’s law that required physicians to try to save the life of a baby born during an abortion, meaning that abortionists can just let the baby die even if it has already been born. To be specific, Walz’s law explicitly deleted the former requirement that doctors try to “preserve the life and health” of infants born alive. As Northam said, “a discussion would ensue” about whether that baby’s life is worth saving.

This is a relatively simple fact to check. Davis jumped in not to “fact check” but to make a political point, which is part of why the network made abortion (Harris’s strongest issue) the second debate topic. This is the network putting its finger on the scale in the 2024 election, which, while expected, is still partisan politicking thinly disguised as “fact-checking.”

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the moderators were historically awful but, when Donald Trump wins the election, we all know he's going to be treated with the same hatred and dishonesty by the old media bastards from before Day One. Stay strong.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I can't listen to Harris in real time.

Give us the play-by-play.
Yes, I skipped it also because I just cannot stand to listen to her voice, her idiocy, and her cackle... or should I say Kackle! I figured I would get the rundown this morning from this fine group...

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post