SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 ... 1144
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The stupid kid is completely ignorant of the fact that his write in vote favors the anti-gun side rather than fighting it. Moron. I loathe voters like this; when a true Us vs. Them situation arises, he chooses to essentially sit it out. It is a crystal clear choice between two, and the idiot has no clue to what exactly is at stake.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The stupid kid is completely ignorant of the fact that his write in vote favors the anti-gun side rather than fighting it. Moron. I loathe voters like this; when a true Us vs. Them situation arises, he chooses to essentially sit it out. It is a crystal clear choice between two, and the idiot has no clue to what exactly is the at stake.

Agree. Like voting for a third party candidate. Thought he was smarter than that.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Thought he was smarter than that.

Rittenhouse has never been a rocket surgeon. He's a naive immature kid. One would think that after his ordeal he'd have gained some wisdom, yet he remains a naive immature kid. To be honest, he's always struck me as being a bit on the slow side.

Posts: 20562 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to straighten that kid out. I happen to like Ron Paul, but he's never going to be President. Why not just write yourself in, its just as worthless. Not voting for Trump is essentially voting for the opposition. This kind of thinking drives me nuts.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3629 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if I was Rittenhouse, I would be keeping a lower profile. Ron Paul? Aint gonna happen.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16377 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Seems Kyle could use some advisors...Or maybe he's got 'bad ones' too! Roll Eyes

Whoever advised him to not just simply keep his mouth shut definitely gave him bad advice.

Posts: 28644 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After all that kid has been through you'd think he'd keep a low-profile. I guess his Millennial traits are coming out Roll Eyes

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When we’re discussing what happens in the world, a friend sometimes reminds me of advice he received long ago shortly after going on active Army duty:
“Don’t do stupid things, in stupid places, around stupid people.”

Rittenhouse did all those things and was fortunate to have been tried in a location where the principles of self-defense were still understood. In any of countless other places the results would not have been favorable to him. And no, it’s not blaming the victim to point out that doing stupid things in stupid places around stupid people often leads to undesirable results.

And just because he was fortunate while using a gun doesn’t mean that he should have been adopted as the poster child (literally) for the rights of gun owners, and it especially does not mean that gun owners—or anyone else—owe him any more attention, much less respect, than we would give to a random stranger on the street who was espousing his own peculiar opinions.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47676 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what their issue is, “single issue” voters are simply ignorant.

The way our system is set up, it is going to be one of the two major party candidates who is elected President. While unfortunate, it is a “lessor of two evils” situation. Other than your primary issue/concern/focus, which of the two are in line with where you would like the country to go?

You can stand on your “ideals” all day long and in most instances that is a sign of integrity and moral fortitude. In other matters, such as elections, you can maintain your ideals and integrity while voting for a candidate who may not share ALL of your beliefs.

The “third party”, “write in”, or just not vote at all response is the equivalent of “I’m taking my ball and going home” juvenile tantrum. I say this as someone who voted for Ross Perot.

Kid still has some growing up to do…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11210 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse seems to have apparently put his own thought into his choice and came to his own determination. I'm not going to hate on him for it. Hell most guys I know put ten times the research into which running back or wide receiver they are going to pick for their third round fantasy NFL draft then they do on who they are going to vote for. If they vote at all.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8616 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The stupid kid is completely ignorant of the fact that his write in vote favors the anti-gun side rather than fighting it.

If you're not with us, your against us.
He's helping Kackling Kamala's Kunty Kringe Krisis

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24573 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Rittenhouse seems to have apparently put his own thought into his choice and came to his own determination. I'm not going to hate on him for it. Hell most guys I know put ten times the research into which running back or wide receiver they are going to pick for their third round fantasy NFL draft then they do on who they are going to vote for. If they vote at all.

Well, I came to the exact opposite conclusion. It seems to me that he is being influenced by some very anti-Trump characters.

Having said that, he obviously can vote for whoever he wants. But he ought to keep his idiotic reasons for doing so to himself.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30882 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It would appear that Ron Paul isn't even running for President either! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It seems to me that he is being influenced by some very anti-Trump characters.

Trump supported Rittenhouse during his trial, and also had him over to Mar A Lago after Rittenhouse asked to see him.

I agree that he probably met some gun dudes who are extremely 2A to the point of it being a single issue, no other issues matter. So the bumpstock ban was reason enough to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I have seen CA 2A advocates endorse Jerry Brown for governor because they felt he was pro 2A compared to his opponent Meg Whitman, never mind illegal aliens, taxes, crime, etc. . And look what the hell it got them. Idiots.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha.

Well, I say good.

https://x.com/TheCalvinCooli1/.../1819463194110525846

https://x.com/ThisIsKyleR/status/1819459882510069816

Over the past 12 hours, I've had a series of productive conversations with members of the Trump's team and I am confident he will be the strong ally gun owners need to defend our Second Amendment rights.

My comments made last night were ill-informed and unproductive. I'm 100% behind Donald Trump and encourage every gun owner to join me in helping send him back to the White House.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30882 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
...hate on...
Say what?

In this forum, we avoid grammatical train wrecks such as that expression.

Anyhoo...

So much for "standing by your principles" eh, son? Who's gonna break it to Ron Paul, the non-candidate for whom you were going to waste your vote?

https://x.com/ThisIsKyleR/status/1819459882510069816

Posts: 109025 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...734408&lctg=26773771

There are some inserts that I assume wouldn't copy/paste correctly within this article.

A Whistleblower Has Come Forward and Now We Have Even More Questions for Acting USSS Director Rowe

It looks like Acting Director for the United States Secret Service Ronald Rowe will be facing more questions about his alleged role in denying additional resources to protect former President Donald Trump. RealClearPolitics’ Susan Crabtree has been documenting the assassination attempt on the former president on July 13 in Butler, Pennsylvania. It’s led to intense scrutiny of the agency, including two tense testimonies before Congress, one of which led to the resignation of Kimberly Cheatle, the former director.

Rowe was asked about the assassination attempt this week before a joint hearing of the Senate Judiciary and Homeland Security Committees. He was also questioned about whether he was involved in denying more resources to Trump’s detail, which he vociferously denied. Now, we have a whistleblower alleging that Rowe was directly involved in cutting off those resources:

"Just days after Secret Service Acting Director Ronald Rowe denied playing a direct role in rejecting repeated requests for added security measures and assets for former President Trump, whistleblowers have come forward refuting those claims and blaming Rowe for some of the agency’s security failures that led to the July 13 assassination attempt that nearly killed Trump and left rallygoer Corey Comperatore dead and two others wounded.

Other whistleblowers are coming forward citing more systemic problems with the Secret Service, the vaunted agency whose primary job is to protect presidents, vice presidents and former presidents and their families.

Those deep-seated long-term problems include nepotism and other non-merit-based favoritism, lowering standards and cutting corners in hiring – including failure to pass polygraph tests and accepting past hard drug use, retaliation for voicing security and other concerns, as well as uneven disciplinary action.

Hawley said he had received detailed information that Rowe personally directed “significant cuts” to the Countersurveillance Division, a department that performs threat assessment evaluations of event sites before the events occur and did not perform its typical evaluation of the Butler site and was not present that day.

“This is significant because CSD’s duties include evaluating potential security threats outside the security perimeter,” Hawley wrote, adding that a CSD’s threat assessment likely would have provided more measures to protect the rooftop of the American Glass Research building where shooter Thomas Crooks perched and opened fire on Trump and the crowd.

“The whistleblower claims that if personnel from the CSD had been present at the rally, the gunman would have been handcuffed in the parking lot after being spotted with a rangefinder,” Hawley continued. “You acknowledged in your Senate testimony that the American Glass Research complex should have been included in the security perimeter for the Butler event.”

The unnamed whistleblower further alleged that Rowe personally directed significant cuts to the CSD, including reducing the division’s manpower by 20%, Hawley asserted. “You did not mention this in your Senate testimony when asked directly to explain manpower reductions.”

The Secret Service had denied that no requests were rejected, though they were later forced to admit that more resources were denied to Mr. Trump. It comes as lawmakers wonder how the rooftop where Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, the shooter, perched could be left unprotected. A new video shows Crooks running on said rooftop moments before he opened fire on Mr. Trump.

We know that Crooks was ahead of the Secret Service during this attack. He had caught the eye of counter-sniper teams and local SWAT units, but there was a total failure in communications. Trump missed a fatal headshot by millimeters.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...tm_campaign=20240802

Trump: Zuckerberg Apologized to Me, Said He Isn’t Going to Support a Democrat

Former President Donald Trump said Friday on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings With Maria Bartiromo” that Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg called him after the assassination attempt and apologized for Facebook and Instagram censoring photos of him with his fist raised.

Trump said, “Mark Zuckerberg called me. First off he called me a few times after the event and said that was amazing and brave and actual he announced he is not going to support a Democrat because he can’t because he respected me for what I did that day.”

He added, “To me it was a normal response but I was called by Mark Zuckerberg the day before on the same subject and apologized and said they made a mistake and they are correcting the mistake. Google, nobody called for Google.”

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Does that me Zuck will muzzle the "independent but still far-left" fact checkers on Facebook?

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Wait, what? Zuckerberg is not supporting a democrat. Is he voting for Trump?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post