SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just released today, watch the shooter running across the roof, unbelievable...

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1818703592775172424

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is called "Taking the wheel."...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44455 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Good for him. Taking it to them big time Wink .

He's soooo good at confronting criticism and detractors.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...eaks-nabj-conference

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXLe:
According to Brietbart, new video actually taken by James Copenhagen shows some running behide the ridgline minutes before the sniper begin shooting.

Link

Holy cow. My first thought was “I wouldn’t want to be the guy that took that video.” Eek And now to find out it was actually taken by one of the victims. Frown

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How in the world could the police in that building not have heard him running on across the top of that building?

Posts: 721 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The whole attempted assassination event just reeks doesn't it? And where something smells like shit you can bet there is some.

And no, I'm not advocating any conspiracy theory. Just reacting to this fiasco as details continue to unfold.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16515 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well judging by the mutiple takes by people reporting on a Trump interview today, Trump clashing about his stance supporting the Black community and manner of clashing - as it is being reported - is unlikely to help his position.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14144 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
? Clashing, being reported and what position is that? Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19704 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
This lady is a hack. Given a list of “gotcha” questions aimed at making Trump look bad. She doesn’t even have the skill or intelligence to work the questions into conversation. Just sit down and puke the vile accusations all over.

Disgraceful.

The ironic thing is they will vote Kamala who will continue to do nothing for them.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
According this Fox News article: Link, the local guys in the two windows of the two story building behind the shooter and furthest from him were not assigned to watch the roof and what they were assigned to prevented the them from seeing the roof. Pictures from the article showing what they were assigned to watch and their setup back from the window so they wouldn’t be spotted:

This Fox News article is the locals’ response to the testimony the USSS Acting Director gave on Tuesday: Link. A snippet from the article:

“"Our guys were in a covert sniper position, you know. They're set back a couple feet from the window," the DA said. "So, you know, in order to see on that roof, they would have had to hang out, hang outside, and in doing so, give up their position."

Bible added that if the Secret Service told local officials to station snipers on the roof, they would have, "absolutely."”

Would the Secret Service have documentation showing who they assigned to do what on that day?

The questions at this point seem to be:
Did the Secret Service assign someone to watch the roof?
If they did, who did they assign and why weren’t they watching the roof?

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm mistaken...hard to know just from audio, but I think some of the response was positive sounding for President Trump.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Some biased wording in these, read with salt:

https://www.fox32chicago.com/n...d-trump-chicago-nabj

https://www.reuters.com/world/...backlash-2024-07-31/

https://apnews.com/article/tru...87ba64dae9d9349303ba

https://www.politico.com/news/...j-interview-00172104

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...j-black-journalists/

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14144 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
This lady is a hack. Given a list of “gotcha” questions aimed at making Trump look bad. She doesn’t even have the skill or intelligence to work the questions into conversation. Just sit down and puke the vile accusations all over.

Disgraceful.

The ironic thing is they will vote Kamala who will continue to do nothing for them.

I think (and that is strange), he could have deflected by saying race shouldn't be an issue, the person best suited to lead the country is the issue.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“"Our guys were in a covert sniper position, you know. They're set back a couple feet from the window," the DA said. "So, you know, in order to see on that roof, they would have had to hang out, hang outside, and in doing so, give up their position."

Why would COUNTER-snipers need to be "covert"?

quote:
Bible added that if the Secret Service told local officials to station snipers on the roof, they would have, "absolutely."”

Yeah, that seems like a better idea.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would COUNTER-snipers need to be "covert"?

So a bunch of people outside aren’t pointing and yelling “There’s a guy with a gun in that window!"? You have to give the random people some credited for correctly identifying the guy with the gun on the roof as a problem.

Probably closer to the truth: wouldn’t broadcasting all of your defenses put you at a tactical disadvantage?

I’ve always assumed there’s the guys you see and then there’s the one’s you don’t. Like looking at the White House from Pennsylvania Ave. You can see guys on the roof. I’ve always assumed if you get over the fence, other guys pop up like Whack-A-Mole.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Would the Secret Service have documentation showing who they assigned to do what on that day?

I believe the answer to this question is probably, "yes."
I also believe it's not something they'd willingly share with the public, as a matter of not letting out the methods by which they do things. As trapper mentioned in the previous post (more eloquently than me), broadcasting your defenses [could] put you at a tactical disadvantage.

God bless America.

Posts: 13859 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34529 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I believe the answer to this question is probably, "yes."
I also believe it's not something they'd willingly share with the public, as a matter of not letting out the methods by which they do things. As trapper mentioned in the previous post (more eloquently than me), broadcasting your defenses [could] put you at a tactical disadvantage.

Or because they know they fucked up. My question, was it intentional?

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Well judging by the mutiple takes by people reporting on a Trump interview today, Trump clashing about his stance supporting the Black community and manner of clashing - as it is being reported - is unlikely to help his position.

Well, your take is completely wrong, so take solace in that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30890 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post