SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 1123
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
She thinks she prepared herself for this campaign by doing nothing for 3-1/2 years.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Trump agreed to the no audience format moderated by CNN in June. He gave the democrats everything they wanted.

Now, it's HIS turn to call the shots.

But on the other hand was duped into playing into their strategy.

At this point I am convinced the early debate strategy was a set up by the democrats to make Biden sink or swim and replace him if he sank. The no audience strategy I think was done to prevent him from playing to the crowd, which can still sorta do. CNN moderated to give the impression they would favor him, but was uncharacteristically impartial.

The fact that ALL lamestream media IN UNISON called Biden's performance a trainwreck and demanded his replacement is TOO DAMN CONVENIENT. It was orchestrated by the Zero and the puppeteers. They were all given the talking points like always. I'll bet they had two scripts - the Joe wins and Joe loses versions - and after the debate they went with Joe loses.

Had Trump refused the early debate, and only had them after the conventions, it would have been too late to replace Biden. Now they had time to replace Biden with Harris and try to build her up.

He should have refused debate until after the convention and Biden was locked in.

Posts: 4909 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
<snip>
He should have refused debate until after the convention and Biden was locked in.

Scatter-brain KH will be easier to defeat than brainless Biden.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9412 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
<snip>

But the machine behind her won't be.

Posts: 20522 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Same machine.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9412 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chuck Grassley released a vest camera video that has numerous frames with the rifle in them. I took a screen shot, but cannot determine whether there is a dot sight in addition to irons.

The X address of the video is: @chuckgrassley

My original source is:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...tion-attempt-5692629

Sorry I do not know how to give a better address for the video, but please look for yourselves… I would like to know.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2148 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
<snip>

Seriously?!?
Most of us thought running against Biden was a no-brainer! Wink

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24555 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I'm still haunted by Trump's words at a 2020 rally -- "Can you imagine losing to THIS guy".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

'm still haunted by Trump's words at a 2020 rally -- "Can you imagine losing to THIS guy".

Roll Eyes

He didn't.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19675 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
<snip>

Seriously?!?

What you did there. I see it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29902 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
Chuck Grassley released a vest camera video that has numerous frames with the rifle in them. I took a screen shot, but cannot determine whether there is a dot sight in addition to irons.

The X address of the video is: @chuckgrassley

My original source is:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...tion-attempt-5692629

Sorry I do not know how to give a better address for the video, but please look for yourselves… I would like to know.

Para posted a link to almost 30 minutes of that guy’s body cam video on page 1085: Link. There’s discussion on the pages that follow.

Posts: 11550 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I'm still haunted by Trump's words at a 2020 rally -- "Can you imagine losing to THIS guy".

Roll Eyes

He didn't.

Just look at the census data... a 94% turnout?!?

The Census Bureau is not really known for anything but data. Raw data. Who was born, who has died, who has children, who does not, and so forth. The Bureau is trusted by the likes of Ancestry.com, the Selective Service, and the curators of the largest genealogical database on earth, the Mormon Church.

So. What could the Census Bureau tell me about the results of the 2020 presidential election? Well, it told me quite a bit.

It told me that Joseph R. Biden received 81 million votes, and it told me that Donald J. Trump received 74 million votes. Three million people also voted for the Communists, the Greens, or themselves. O.K., what else did it tell me? Well, it told me that at the time of the 2020 election, there were 168 million registered voters. So, I got out a pencil and a pad of paper and did me some flyover country cipherin.' My remedial math skills are not very good, but this was not much of a challenge.

81+74+3=158

158 is 94% of 168. (I had to use an online percentage calculator for this, because again... poor math skills.)

But, Hmm...

So, just using very rudimentary data provided by the Census Bureau, we can see that for the first time in American history our voter turnout has finally rivaled that of the old Soviet Union, Communist China, and Casto’s Cuba. Huzzah… I knew someday we'd finally catch up.

Now, the Census Bureau is not known for making mistakes, but if these figures are not merely wrong but catastrophically wrong, then we oughtn't have a census bureau at all.

So this is what there is:

A written synopsis of the 2020 election on the Bureau’s website states that voter turnout was 67%, but for some reason this is not included as a data point in their table of percentages for the last 100 years.

However, in more recent decades, say from 1960 to 2016, the average turnout has risen to 62% with the pinnacle being 63% in 1964. Since then, we have turned out in numbers below that. Until the last general election, that is.

Either because America loved Joe Biden with a passion or hated Donald Trump with the same, the electorate apparently kicked in the doors to the polls and stampeded en masse to vote in never-before-seen numbers. But again, such figures while possible, are not especially plausible. Sure, one could attribute mail-in voting procedures -- put in place to address Covid -- as a cause for the jump (and notice none of these procedures have been revoked back to normalcy now that Covid is no longer a thing), but then we are still left to wonder about that annoying 94% turnout rate that the Bureau’s data actually reveals after you do simple math. This is a 33% increase over just the previous election’s numbers and nothing close to the 67% turnout rate claimed in the Census Bureau’s written synopsis.

Perhaps they did not think it likely someone would actually check the data and do the math. I would hate them to think we are that stupid and I admit I am not that smart, but again, the Census Bureau is located in Washington, D.C. and I live in the middle of a corn patch called St. Louis, Missouri. It's conceivable there is bias against Yokels.

Just for fun, and for historical context, the average voter turnout for the United States according to the Census Bureau between 1920 and 2020 is a fairly anemic 48%. That's a 100-year trend that really hasn't gotten more robust over time.

So having seen this data and digested it, I suppose I have to admit that I am officially an Election Denier. But I do not know what else I can be. I don't want to admit that our electoral process is compromised, but I don't see how it is not. And so this brings me to Kamala Harris and the Great Democrat Cheat Machine.

Kamala Harris and the Great Democrat Cheat Machine
https://www.americanthinker.co...c_cheat_machine.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24555 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Well worth the 10 minutes, fantastic speech at yesterdays Atlanta rally.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17132 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
votes, and it told me that Donald J. Trump received 74 million votes. Three million people also voted for the Communists, the Greens, or themselves. O.K., what else did it tell me? Well, it told me that at the time of the 2020 election, there were 168 million registered voters. So, I got out a pencil and a pad of paper and did me some flyover country cipherin.' My remedial math skills are not very good, but this was not much of a challenge.

81+74+3=158

158 is 94% of 168. (I had to use an online percentage calculator for this, because again... poor math skills.)

Kamala Harris and the Great Democrat Cheat Machine
https://www.americanthinker.co...c_cheat_machine.html

What a bunch of fucking bullshit. Since 1980, the Census Bureau has used voting age population as the denominator for its determination of voter turnout and not registered voters. When you use the same number in the denominator the census bureau has been using for the last 40 years, you get:

“In 2020, 67% of all citizens age 18 and older reported voting, up 5 percentage points from 2016 (Figure 1)” www.census.gov. So, 67%, not 94%. Roll Eyes

From the same Census Bureau link above:

I especially liked this part:

“My remedial math skills are not very good, but this was not much of a challenge.”

Apparently, it was too much of a challenge.

Posts: 11550 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Still no one believes Joe really go that many votes and the turnout was significantly higher than past years.

Democrats used "non partisan" 501c3's to register voters in heavily democrat districts of swing states, much of it with federal gov't money. They largely ignore heavily Republican districts. For 2024 Biden has ordered the entire federal gov't to participate in voter registration. And they register anyone and everyone, regardless of eligibility, taking advantage of lax laws on citizenship. Then they go door to door and ferret out every ballot and ensure it is filled out "correctly" most likely with a little "extra" for the "voter" - money, food, drink, whatever. Of course, this requires ballot harvesting to be legal, and it helps for there to be drop boxes to dump large quantities of ballots at a time.

Democrats have made sure to put all of this in election laws or get courts to allow it. Wisconsin banned drop boxes but their Supreme Court ruled that have to allow them, after the previous court upheld the ban, the difference being a change in an elected justice from R to D in the 2022 midterms.

And all it takes is just enough ballots in the urban machine democrat districts to swing a state. Republicans had better be doing this too, but I haven't heard of any specific efforts.

Posts: 4909 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hope you are correct but... In my Tennesseean scantly educated hick opinion I disagree. Just my opinion as of now... won't argue the point, what do I know?
Hell I voted for Carter back when I was young and dumb! (Not young any more. Big Grin)

IMO, Biden would have been a cake walk post debate.

KH has/will rejuvenate the Dem (witted) voters and donors, as compared to Biden's letting them down.

I expect her to pull in more voters than Biden would have.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since 1980, the Census Bureau has used voting age population as the denominator for its determination of voter turnout and not registered voters. When you use the same number in the denominator the census bureau has been using for the last 40 years, you get:

“In 2020, 67% of all citizens age 18 and older reported voting, up 5 percentage points from 2016 (Figure 1)” www.census.gov. So, 67%, not 94%. Roll Eyes

OK. That makes sense.

Still, if it went from 61.4% in 2016 to 66.8% in 2020... that's enough.
No one could believe that voter turnout was higher for Joe Biden than for Barack Obama in 2008 (63.6%).

-rduckwor

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189: So, 67%, not 94%. Roll Eyes

Yes, 94% or approximately, of registered voters. But 67% of VAP (voter aged population) voters, two very different numbers, but both very telling of the 2020 election.

In previous elections voter turnout VAP numbers are: 1996-49%, 2000-50.5%, 2004-55.5%, 2008-57%, 2012-53.5%, 2016-54.5%. The largest turnout modern history was 1960 at 62.5%. So 2020 numbers are extremely high, extremely unlikely, especially almost 95% of registered voters cast ballots. I call bullshit on that.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17132 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Of course, they claim it's because mail-in ballots result in higher turnout because they make voting easier. And more people voting with fewer impediments is better for "democracy".

8 "states" have universal mail-in ballots. California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and the District of Columbia. They are all hard-blue except Utah which is hard-red. The electoral votes in these states are assumed to be in the bag for their side and will not change the overall election outcome.

Nebraska and North Dakota allow counties to opt-in to mail-in ballots - both states are hard-red

Including the mail-in states, there are a total of 35 (Puerto Rico and USVI allow it too but don't have electoral college votes. 16 states require a valid reason.

All of the "swing states" allow no-reason absentee voting, but a request does have to be made. I looked up Michigan and they require a request, but allow a box to be checked to be added to the "permanent" absentee list, so I'm going to be a lot of these activists groups will help people do this.

I do think without COVID as an excuse to change voting, it will be harder for the democrats to harvest ballots. But that's no guaranty there won't be shenanigans.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Wait, what? Zuckerberg is not supporting a democrat. Is he voting for Trump?

Supporting and voting are 2 very different things.
He will not give any money to a Democrat or do ads or speak in their favor.

He very much will vote for them when in the voting booth.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25646 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post