SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 ... 1135
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I wonder what was in the head of the shoote

.300 WM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2148 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I wonder what was in the head of the shoote

.300 WM.

7.62x51 from an SR-25 say the reports I’ve seen.

If he’d been hit with a .300 WM, there’d be no head.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31975 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

That's not an all-inclusive list. I'll add complacency to it.

I know several USSS guys who have risen to positions of responsibility despite being absolute mouth-breathing, window-licking idiots.

Yeah, it's a limited sample size, but their "idiocy output" has been consistent for over 20 years-- from Day One at FLETC-- and that makes me believe that it's not just tolerated in the USSS but actually celebrated and cultivated. All of this makes me lean hard towards "Incompetence."

quote:
Zed, MIB, 2019
Gentlemen, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training. Now please step this way,..

Posts: 16161 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Personally, I burnt out on 'selection of best VP nominee to win the upcoming election' many quadrennia ago. Figured, leave that to the folks who (figuratively) like seeing the sausage made.

Besides, I'm 99 44/100% sure that

President Trump/Vice President Vance will be working for us from 2025 on.

So, why are we happy with Vance?

As TSE put it so eloquently,

quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Vance is far too capable to be a figurehead. It is likely that Trump learned from last time that the swamp is deep and he needs trustworthy, effective, and like minded leadership in cabinet positions. I don't think he cared about bringing in one demographic or another, this was about building a better more effective team when he assumes office.

So, here is an article showing Vance to be a true proponent and defender of Second Amendment, and his uncommonly good common sense about the nature of violence in modern America.

And as we know, The God-given Rights enumerated in the Contstitution and Bill of Rights do not stand alone.

So, here:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....on-second-amendment/
Trump V.P. Pick J.D. Vance Solid On Second Amendment
By Mark Chesnut -July 15, 2024

Chestnut's summary paragraphs:
'Most gun -rights supporters should be pleased with Trump naming Vance as his running mate, thereby shoring up any dissent among 2A voters who weren’t already on the Trump Train. As for gun-ban groups and gun haters, they’ll now have someone else on the Republican ticket to hate other than just the former president.

In comparing the two V.P. candidates—Vance and Democrat Kamala Harris—on Second Amendment issues, there really is no comparison. While Vance has proven himself a strong supporter of gun owners and the Second Amendment, Harris has fought for more, and more restrictive, gun schemes at every turn, mostly unsuccessfully thank goodness.'

____

More from article:

On Monday, Trump named Republican U.S. Sen. J.D. Vance of Ohio as his running mate in his quest for a second term. And a look at Vance’s record on guns and gun control reveals that he is a very strong proponent of gun owners’ rights.

“Joe Biden and anti-democracy multinational companies are trying to find new ways to take guns away from law-abiding citizens,” Vance said when running for the Senate in 2021. “They’re making it harder to buy firearms and ammunition, and imposing new, unconstitutional regulations on American citizens. I will fight the gun grabbers, whether they’re federal bureaucrats enacting regulations or multinational companies punishing people for exercising their rights.”

In a guest column for the Columbus Dispatch in July 2021, Vance wrote of growing up using firearms and of an “unholy alliance” coming for our guns.

“Worryingly, perhaps the biggest threat to the Second Amendment comes not from the Biden Administration, but from some of our biggest companies,” Vance wrote. “Unfortunately, the unholy alliance between government and business won’t stop at the Second Amendment. Eventually, they’ll come for other cherished American liberties, too.”

The next year, Vance questioned whether limiting access to guns would have any effect at all on gun violence, which he said was tied to “inner-city urban crime” and which he said until recently dropped generally over decades during a time when guns became more widely available.

“None of us like the school shootings,” he told Breitbart News. “None of us likes the fact that if you live near a big city, you hear about gun violence nearly every week. So, we have to not take the left’s bait and say, ‘Well, this is going to make us safer at the expense of our Second Amendment rights.’ I don’t think it’s going to do either.”

Concerning other 2A matters, Vance supports right-to-carry reciprocity legislation, opposes gun-confiscation schemes that would strip Americans of their rights without due process (red-flag legislation), opposed bans on AR-style rifles and common standard-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, opposes universal background checks and supports legislation that would protect veterans’ Second Amendment rights. In fact, his dedication to freedom landed him the full support of the National Rifles Association during his Senate run.

Most recently, Vance created an uproar with remarks he made about a newly proposed bump stock ban in the Senate. Last month, he called the effort by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and other anti-gun

Posts: 16161 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The rolling thunder of change is taking place. People who never would have watched the Republican Convention are watching because of the attempted assassination of Trump. Might be their own morbid curiosity making them watch but they are. This video has been viewed 3 million times already.

https://x.com/WallStreetApes/s.../1813214596670628332

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8614 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
…cognitive dissidents…

Yeah, the RNC is full of thinking people objecting to what the DNC and leftism stand for.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31975 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
…cognitive dissidents…

Yeah, the RNC is full of thinking people objecting to what the DNC and leftism stand for.

Didn’t she say “cognitive dissonance?” Not sure that makes more sense either.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Oh look, WPXI changed it’s story and the guy was no longer spotted "on a roof” 26 minutes before taking his shots:

“Channel 11′s Nicole Ford confirmed that Beaver County’s ESU team had eight members at the rally, including snipers and spotters. According to Ford’s sources, one of them noticed a suspicious man scoping out a roof near the rally at 5:45 p.m., called it in and took a picture of the person.“ WPXI’s adjusted article

From the original story:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Channel 11′s Nicole Ford confirmed that Beaver County’s ESU team had eight members at the rally, including snipers and spotters. According to Ford’s sources, one of them noticed a suspicious man on a roof near the rally at 5:45 p.m., called it in and took a picture of the person.

As I noted before, details matter ... unless you're part of the media with a deadline 30 seconds from now. Just a turn of phrase or a swapped word makes a BIG difference.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
quote:
…cognitive dissidents…

Sadly that's a "no." It was what she wrote, not what she said.

Nice is overrated

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
quote:
…cognitive dissidents…

I think she is just misusing her words. But I think we can appreciate the body of her message and that a Democrat of 50 years has had the light go on. One less vote for Biden. Lets not pick it apart.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8614 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the lady that came on to speak about her army vet son killed on Streets of NY and Alvin Bragg not charging 2 of 4 perps and light charges for the other 2.

Finally opened her eyes to how Dems take them for granted. Such a powerful speech. A LOT of minorities/otherwise and “traditional “ -Dem voters are getting woken up and not getting woke and seeing reality.

Better late than never, they need to be welcomed to the table

Posts: 4952 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last night, I should have watched on YouTube. Instead, I turned on the TV and scrolled through the guide until I found the first channel with the RNC (probably ABC). I tuned in just in time to see Sarah Huckabee Sanders' excellent speech.

Next, Dr Ben Carson comes on stage but instead of airing the audio of Dr. Carson's speech the only audio was their talking heads speaking about previous speakers. I tried to change the channel 3 times and either got a commercial or talking heads. The mainstream media sure was hellbent on trying to prevent a conservative African American's excellent speech from getting to voters.

I finally switched to YouTube where I was able to see Marco Rubio's ok/good speech and Lara Trump's excellent speech.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23638 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
"Biden can't choose his own sock color" Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/TheChiefNerd/status/1813029431083946079

Posts: 13042 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Last night, I should have watched on YouTube. Instead, I turned on the TV and scrolled through the guide until I found the first channel with the RNC (probably ABC). I tuned in just in time to see Sarah Huckabee Sanders' excellent speech.

Next, Dr Ben Carson comes on stage but instead of airing the audio of Dr. Carson's speech the only audio was their talking heads speaking about previous speakers.

My wife and I are still relics with cable TV, we switched back and forth between Fox News for the commentary and interviews, and CSPAN for uninterrupted broadcast of the convention.

Great convention so far.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17144 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Everybody loves a winner.

Posts: 11585 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I suppose this clip, or one similar, has already been posted, but this thread has grown so rapidly since Saturday that it’s difficult to keep up.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The can't-holster lady was with them still when they got to hospital, video out there as SUV pulls up and she's struggling again.

Video taken by random strangers through the window of ER entrance, BTW, so it looks like they didn't really have any plans for securing that area if needed either, just a map request of "Hey, Siri, where is the nearest hospital to treat a gunshot wound?"

Outside of their seeming incompetence on many levels, it is frustrating to see so many that can't just focus on that and the despicable nature of the act and those who have celebrated it afterwards. Instead, so many folks seem intent on creating or believing such an array of conspiracy theories, none of which at this state hold any more water than 9/11 truthers. It just distracts from the real issue with something that makes us/them look crazy.

Not as much talking about folks here but in general the ones getting sensationalist screen time. And Alan Jones - holy shit how is he still a thing?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12661 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
https://x.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1813263823844843650

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1813263823844843650" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 528px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
all the speaking by the political folks, Carson, DeSantis, et al were very good,

The speech by the real people who suffered tragedy under the open borders and lax no bail system of the democrats were powerful.

The most emotional speaker, that hit the hardest, that resonated with the floor was by Anne Fundner about losing her son to a poisoned batch of Fentanyl.

https://x.com/Breaking911/status/1813404613321588790

Posts: 24199 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post