SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 1135
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
I think President Trump could get a better security detail just picking members from this forum. Seriously.

Since regular rally attendees are better at spotting assassins than the SS and local LE, of course forum members could be better. I'd guarantee we'd secure, spot, and cover the rooftop that's too steep for SS officers.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Why did it take so long to get cops on the roof you ask? Let me show you:

It's like an episode from the Keystone Kops

What a horrible thing to say about the Keystone Kops

Posts: 53768 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Mike Johnson speaking at the RNC; nobody is enthusiastic. What a squish.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17144 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I recently watched In the Line of Fire, and how Eastwood had access to USSS agents, and procedures, granted 32 years ago, but the special on the making of it, had Renee Russo and the female agents who she shadowed, 32 years ago those women weren't DEI, they seemed tough and earned the job. Lot has changed.

Posts: 2835 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Vivek on now

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17144 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
[Biden] told the friendly crowd: 'Palms tells us: I have been yound and now I'm old. But I have not seen the righteous foresaken.'

"Yound?"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16856 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Mike Johnson speaking at the RNC; nobody is enthusiastic. What a squish.

Yep. He’s smart but has no fire and brimstone.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24564 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16856 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ So, they shot and killed the other armed guy earlier, and this is another one? This is getting fucking crazier and crazier.

Q

Posts: 27480 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Yep, a different one. The first one had nothing to do with the convention. This one...?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What do you guys expect?

Posts: 108981 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What do you mean?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I believe all the crazies are out and about now. They wouldn’t know who Gavrilo Princip was but they all want to be like him and start a war.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2794 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I did not believe that she really said this…

She really did say this:

USSS Director Kim Cheatle: “That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof. And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside.”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
She said that on page 1040 too. Whole multi-page multi-post discussion about it followed.

If she makes it another 6 months, we expect to hear an iconic “You’re fired!” Sadly, I don’t believe she’ll last a month.

That’d make a great SNL skit if he did it for real on SNL. He could call a dozen or more people and say “You’re fired!”

Posts: 11585 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
What do you mean?
I mean why is anyone surprised by this stuff? I mean does anybody believe any of that was a credible threat to the security of the convention? None of these loons are getting even close.

The only surprise to me is that there isn't more of this stuff.

Posts: 108981 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
She said that on page 1040 too. Whole multi-page multi-post discussion about it followed.

If she makes it another 6 months, we expect to hear an iconic “You’re fired!” Sadly, I don’t believe she’ll last a month.

This thread is moving so fast it’s hard to keep up with!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Vivek killed it at the RNC.

And same with DeSantis.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Dana Perino on The Five just commented on how different Trump looks after the assassination attempt. He does look different.

The arrogance is gone.

He looks now like a servant.

Humbled and inspired.

Following a Greater Leader.

Of course he looks different.

As someone who Death < Maxwell Smart voice > missed by that much on a dozen occasions, I can assure you each time you better understand your personal mortality. My last successful bit of Divine intervention in 2018 changed me in ways I am now only coming to understand.

As for a servant, a servant of the loving God who decided to turn his head, yeah. What else do you expect him to become?

Man was shot 2 days ago, probably on just enough pain killers to keep him vertical. Never mind his age. I don't believe he is changed, I just think he is feeling the effects of his schedule, his assassination attempt and his recovery. Give him a week and he will be back to his most best self.

Posts: 1079 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
That Weekend at Bernies" line was gold.

Watching day rwo on Real America's Voice feed which doesn't have jackass talking heads speaking over every presenter.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16507 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post