SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Didn’t she say “cognitive dissonance?” Not sure that makes more sense either.
It sounded like “cognitive dissidents” to me, but I believe she meant “cognitive dissonance”. For almost 50 years the Democrats have been gaslighting her about what Republicans are. Now listening to actual Republicans (instead of Democrat lies about Republicans) she is experiencing cognitive dissonance because “it’s beautiful.”

Posts: 7066 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/...c5AImQQlqvaHSb-My44A

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1813291920535486718" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 656px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 85px; background-size: 200px auto; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Some of you meme generators need to replace the SS with one of those plastic owls from ACE Hardware, with the hope of scaring off any potential assassin.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Peter Navarro has been released from prison today serving for contempt, and is reportedly headed to Milwaukee.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) Those particular female agents may not be the best choice - but when they surrounded Trump, I think they might want some shorter people to help fill in gaps - it seemed like one of them kind of “slotted in” under the taller agents.

B) I’m sure the POTUS detail is viewed differently- I hope it is - but an acquaintance of mine was in SS - he spent most of his career doing counter-terrorism stuff related to fake documents in Afghanistan.

He kept avoiding doing protection work, and said it was a career requirement but most folks avoided it as much as possible.

C) I get the weaponized autism thing the Congressman was doing - and I could see arguing that the SS needs to be disbanded and reformulated, but it’s hard to claim malice when incompetence seems so much more likely.

Posts: 5902 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11214 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
A) Those particular female agents may not be the best choice - but when they surrounded Trump, I think they might want some shorter people to help fill in gaps - it seemed like one of them kind of “slotted in” under the taller agents.

B) I’m sure the POTUS detail is viewed differently- I hope it is - but an acquaintance of mine was in SS - he spent most of his career doing counter-terrorism stuff related to fake documents in Afghanistan.

He kept avoiding doing protection work, and said it was a career requirement but most folks avoided it as much as possible.

C) I get the weaponized autism thing the Congressman was doing - and I could see arguing that the SS needs to be disbanded and reformulated, but it’s hard to claim malice when incompetence seems so much more likely.

Save for criminally charging those involved, does it matter whether it was malice or incompetence?

Both lead to the same outcome.

The world witnessed a live assassination attempt on a Presidential candidate, who escaped alive only by the Grace of God.

If malice, charge and convict those involved, then fire the rest for not discovering a terrorist plot within the fucking USSS.

If incompetence, fire the lot for gross incompetence.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Georgia Court of Appeals has set a date to hear former President Donald Trump's bid to kick Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis off the crumbling Georgia election interference case.

With the proceedings indefinitely postponed, the state's appellate court on Tuesday scheduled oral arguments for the morning of December 5 , a month after the presidential race, thereby officially foiling the Democrat DA's plot to take Trump to trial before Election Day.

Trump's defense counsel will argue for Willis's removal on appeal before a three-judge panel. According to the court order, those judges, randomly selected by computer, are all GOP-appointed. They are Trenton Brown, who was appointed by former Georgia GOP Gov. Nathan Deal; Todd Markle, another Deal appointee; and Benjamin Land, who was appointed by current Republican Gov. Brian Kemp. The trio will likely be deliberating Willis's fate in the new year, barring any changes to the court calendar.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...s-scheduled-n2642026

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

...and Columbian hookers.

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even children in Uganda are able to recognize (and honor?) and brave and fearless leader -

https://x.com/justin_hart/status/1813575419549061450

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Even children in Uganda are able to recognize (and honor?) and brave and fearless leader -

A legend is born! That is so cute.

Posts: 3774 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Perhaps everyone's heard that of his detail Saturday only three were USSS. I think the lady officer you are speaking of is the one who slid underneath DJT's right side, putting her body and vest between threats. She also was carrying his hat with her. Can't put my finger on the source, but someone opined that she may have been one of the female agents who've been on his detail for several years. Others there that day were detailed from other DHS agencies.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The woman agent who shielded Trump on stage had her hair up in a bun. She picked up Trump's hat when it fell at the stairs. She was w/ Trump all the way until he was inside the SUV and she was at the door. She was not the holster lady or the lady beside her - these are two other agents than the one on stage.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13082 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
https://x.com/collinrugg/statu...609533249593819?s=42

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1813609533249593819" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 690px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 85px; background-size: 200px auto; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

isn't this just grand, everybody did the right thing except the SS and the cops. has to be the first time in history

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
The woman agent who shielded Trump on stage had her hair up in a bun. She picked up Trump's hat when it fell at the stairs. She was w/ Trump all the way until he was inside the SUV and she was at the door. She was not the holster lady or the lady beside her - these are two other agents than the one on stage.

Yes, that one. IIRC she also knocked on the SUV's roof for the signal to "Go".

P.S. In about 20 years, with good training those kids in Uganda from the X post Cookster linked in would be awesome.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:

Hahahahahahaahha, that was wonderful!

Posts: 16168 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:

It's more than cute. It's highly significant and indicative of the Hero Myth infused- immediately and permanently- into the event.

And it's all due to the defiant reaction of Donald Trump in that moment.

A sociologist could explain it better and in more detail, but in that moment, Donald Trump became a legend.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
That kid had better protection than DJT. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16515 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I was a lad in Africa in the late 1960s, I had a "gun" just like those.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Dan Bongino posted on his website this morning that the family of the slain fire fighter refused a call from Biden

Good for them

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-from-biden-n2641977

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post