SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just donated to his campaign. I hope this turns out to be the largest day ever for fundraising.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 248 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Trillion dollar wound.

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have thrown everything at him – allegations of racism, Russian collusion, two impeachments, lawfare, and now an assassination attempt. If anybody can’t believe that the other side is an absolute Communist party then they aren’t paying attention or are liars.

Posts: 5233 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If the humidity, temperature, velocity, camera and angle is right that picture is consistent with the trails I've observed at rifle competitions.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
I just donated to his campaign. I hope this turns out to be the largest day ever for fundraising.

I hadn't thought about that. I'll be curious to see if there are reports tomorrow of yuge increases in donations overnight.

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful for many things, tonight I'm thankful the Good Lord is watching over President Trump. Seeing him raise his fist is some of the most powerful video I've ever seen.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The stop for fist pump got quite an emotional response from me.

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
I just donated to his campaign.

In with you friend. It's an amazing time for our country and Donald Trump is the only one with any chance of helping us.

If Trump was shot in the ear we witnessed a miracle today. God Bless America, Donald Trump and all true Patriots.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
If I can go to Ollie's and get a drone for fifty bucks to get video of where my goats have wandered off to...

How would they not have a group of drones in formation with a interleave video recording the entirety of the event from the air?

Hint: the security detail prolly already has drones that cost more than $50 (and no goats).

I guess we sent all our drones to Ukraine.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
We’re all speculating on the USSS and the perimeter around the event this evening. I have my concerns as well, but I can also say, I worked at the White House, traveling with the President, Vice President and First Lady. It was years ago and some things have changed, but former Presidents and candidates don’t get the number of agents as the current POTUS, but close. So before I condemn the USSS on their handling of an event, I want to see after action investigations and I also want to see the details on what really happened. Could this be an issue of not having the personnel required? Could it be things were missed? I don’t know at this point.

What I see now is people grandstanding on social media and TV saying things that in many cases don’t make sense.

I was thinking the same thing. I've watched numerous Presidents and President hopefuls come to Iowa when every 4 years national politicians make it a point to visit. The security presence of an active President is far different than a past or candidate. Trump doesn't get two Beasts when he is traveling now, I doubt there is helicopter support, they aren't shutting down the whole travel route for the motorcade. Do you remember the video of him leaving court in New York? His motorcade got stuck in traffic.

I bet (hope) security will be far different from now on in this campaign.

Posts: 2601 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
My 92 year old mom was horrified when she heard about this and just made a donation to his campaign.

Head of USSS needs to step down.

Posts: 7801 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1575 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Just heard an interview with a former SS agent. She indicated that during campaign season the SS is stretched thin protecting candidates. Their primary responsibility is the US President. They have to leverage state and local assets to fill in gaps if they don't have sufficient resources to cover multiple overlapping events.

Most organizations (regardless of type) don't ha
tens of people on the bench ready to step in. Everyone operates below optimal staffing.

Fucking excuse. They don't even want to protect RFK Jr. So, how many candidates are the down to now? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by mrw:
Incredible picture of Trump at the moment of the shot and what appears to be the bullet trail just behind his head.

Trump and bullet trail on X

^^^^

Wait…..am I missing something? I don’t see how the bleachers and people sitting on them behind Trump would be out of the picture….even with that photo taken from the ground the bleachers on the live news channels are still high enough to be in the picture I think????? Photoshop bullshiy going on here? Am I wrong?

Nope it looks right, power lines in the bottom right corner. Photographer was shooting from his feet.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure but you very well be right. I’ve seen bullet trails before in pics from my range on occasion, it just struck me there was no background people in the image….God knows how many assholes photoshop shit just to get a picture. Either way…..thank God Trump escaped serious harm or worse….that was wayy too close!

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Thankful the guy couldn't shoot for shit, sorry for the dead persons family

Incorrect. Watch the video of Trump. He turns his head about 1 second before the bullet hits his ear. If not, he might not be alive.

Absolutely, He turned just in time

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
There are different protocols and number of agents for sitting President and former President and candidates.

Wait for information to come out. Having been on Presidential Security Details and Candidate Security Details as I was only once even close to the inner perimeter (securing and guarding a helicopter that was soon to transport Vice President), all other times on the outer perimeter. Uniformed cops and agents are never allowed to leave their assigned post. Radio it in, stay AT your post (threat of a misdirection to move officers and agents creating an opening in the outer perimeter) and a security team is sent to investigate.

Things I thought that would be on hand and used; Ballistic Shields and/or Ballistic Blanket.

I have previously heard from a friend that is retired Secret Service that Trump's Detail has been asking for more agents since the campaign began and the Hitler crap and "existential threat" shit has been broadcasted left and right but all of it has been denied. In fact, just after the criminal "conviction" there was talk that made the media about pulling Trump's Detail as Trump was now a convicted felon (which he actually isn't until sentencing).

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
The depth of field on the camera from the front makes the stands look closer than they are.

Posts: 3776 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to hear it. Our country pisses trillions of dollars away. We have the most powerful military in the world. There's NO excuse for "lack of resources" to protect the past, present and future leaders of our country and the world.

If Trump was black every major city would be up in flames right now.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
the first volley was 3 shots, the first of which hit the President's ear. this was immediately follwed by a second volley from the SS of at least 3 shots, one of which hit the sniper in the head. suggests to me that the SS sniper had an excellent view of the rooftop

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post