SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure Kolhs, Penney's, etc will be thrilled to have 50-80 employees working to support no more than 10 customers at any one time. And of course AFTER Memorial Day, further crushing sales.

Don't forget: By appointment only.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Stay in the fight. Incredible restraint by this gentleman.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"We're simply following (the governor's) orders."

We the People... need to fire every one of these un-American parasites.

Vote every one of these bastards and bastardettes off Turtle Island.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am guessing people are going to come out of the woodwork like hungry termites this weekend. Will be interesting to see.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Latest images out of Wuhan ...

... city doubled [the] daily testing figure to screen a staggering 856,128 people.
Picture: Asiawire/australscope
Source:australscope

Wuhan residents in Jiang'an District crowd a COVID-19 testing station on Tuesday.
Picture: Asiawire/australscope
Source:australscope

And ...

The Wuhan local government issued a new policy, as of May 13th, prohibiting the eating, and hunting locally, of wildlife.

Wuhan now declared a 'wildlife sanctuary'.

Oh yeah - exception for Government-sanctioned hunting for “scientific research, population regulation, monitoring of epidemic diseases and other special circumstances”.
(source; China Daily, which as equally trustworthy as the three letter MSM here).

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Let's see, we have gym owners in New Jersey, a gym owner in North Carolina, the Lutheran and Catholic churches in New Jersey, another church (on Laura Ingram tonight but I can't remember the name/location), a restaurant in Maine, barbers in Michigan and Texas, and a specialty shop in Cape Cod just to name a few all fighting with state governments by opening their businesses. Like I mentioned before, if these dictator wannabee governors don't take their foot off the throats of the citizens, their citizens are going to offer them and their brown shirt thugs (i.e. some local PD's) an ass whippin'. Talk about a self inflicted wound all because of politics and their blood lust for power and control. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Two gyms in WA state - violation of stay-at-home order forced to close due to lawsuit

Two gyms that were defying Washington state’s stay-at-home order have shut down temporarily, but say their fight is not over.

Mike Jellison, owner of Arlington’s PA Fitness, told KIRO Radio he could not open Wednesday because he faced a $2,000 fine for each person allowed to workout.

Arlington gym owner reopens, ‘trying to be as responsible as possible’

“We were six feet apart, temperature checks at the doors, bottles of hospital-grade disinfectant for everybody that came in, [kept capacity] below 30 percent of max, I mean, we did all the guidelines,” he said.

When gyms can reopen, Jellison says the state guidelines will make it nearly impossible for any of fitness center or gym to be able to turn a profit.

“You’re going to have a minimal amount of people in there, and you have to take classes for this virus, and it’s just going to put more people out of business,” Jellison said. “They’ve got to rethink the process.”

Northwest Fitness in Puyallup was also open despite the governor’s orders. The gym posted a photo on Facebook of two police cars in its empty parking lot Wednesday.

Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson has announced consumer protection lawsuits against the two gyms, saying their open doors and continued operations in violation of Gov. Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” proclamation gives them an unfair advantage over competitors that remain closed and endangers public health.

Both businesses were given multiple warnings, and received cease and desist letters on Friday as final warnings to cease operations within 48 hours or face a lawsuit. Despite these warnings, the gyms continued to operate, so the Attorney General’s Office filed a lawsuit against the businesses and their owners.

A court can impose monetary penalties of up to $2,000 per violation of the Consumer Protection Act. These lawsuits are civil actions and do not prelude criminal charges by local prosecutors if warranted.

The City of Arlington notified PA Fitness owners that the city has the right to revoke their business license, impose penalties, or seek a court order, and offered to assist the owners in accessing relief programs and education about how to reopen when it is safe to do so. Arlington does not have any enforcement action against PA Fitness.

“I understand where this business owner is coming from,” said Paul Ellis, City Administrator. “Economic hardship is real, but so are the health risks of this virus. We cannot just pick and choose which laws we are going to follow.”

Under Governor Inslee, the WA State Legislature issues proclamations in response to the COVID-19 panic. Umm pandemic, sorry about that Chief.

It's a state law or regulation.
Which?

Harrumph.

Well don't worry none, there is guidance for pet grooming services in Phase 2 of Safe Start. Whew.

Oh, not all counties!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Something that some of us have predicted- the rise in suicide rates, just like in The Depression.

This medical system in CA has seen more deaths by suicide than the virus.

quote:
The head of the trauma in the department believes mental health is suffering so much, it is time to end the shelter-in-place order.

"Personally I think it's time," said Dr. Mike deBoisblanc. "I think, originally, this (the shelter-in-place order) was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients.We have the current resources to do that and our other community health is suffering."The numbers are unprecedented, he said.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."

Kacey Hansen has worked as a trauma nurse at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for almost 33 years. She is worried because not only are they seeing more suicide attempts, she says they are not able to save as many patients as usual.
"What I have seen recently, I have never seen before," Hansen said. "I have never seen so much intentional injury."

https://abc7news.com/suicide-c...ic-death-by/6201962/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/fl...ving-more-people-die

Florida Ruled To Be In Violation Of Science For Not Having More People Die

TALLAHASSEE, FL—While many governors followed Science and shut down their states early and still have stay-at-home orders in place, Florida kept its beaches open through Spring Break and has already begun its reopening plans. Science says Florida should have seen skyrocketing deaths from COVID-19, but instead Florida -- despite its large elderly population -- has not seen anywhere near the number of problems faced by states like New York and New Jersey. This has been ruled to be in complete defiance of Science.

“We had good Science telling us Florida should have seen massive deaths,” said far right-wing conservative Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin. “And now Florida is undermining our trust in Science by not dying. We cannot tolerate this. More Floridians need to die. To die for Science.”

California Governor and Science believer Gavin Newsom agreed. “Ron DeSantis is a witch! Burn him!” Newsom said about the Florida governor. Experts widely believe DeSantis used something anti-Science -- like black magic -- to violate what Science said should be true.

There is now a movement by Science-believing Democrats to actively try to infect Floridians to try to get their death count to match projections. Democrats have also called for DeSantis to be put in some sort of Science prison -- a cage made using force fields or lasers or other Science things -- though it is unknown if that would be able to imprison him, considering his Floridian black magic.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Florida Ruled To Be In Violation Of Science For Not Having More People Die

^^^^^
Thanks that was funny. A friend of mine suggested that Florida change it license plate slogan from the Sunshine State to "God's Waiting Room."

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee is the best.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
Gov. Roy Cooper’s Executive Order Violation

Snitches get stitches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am guessing people are going to come out of the woodwork like hungry termites this weekend. Will be interesting to see.

I loathe holiday weekends (traffic everywhere, lines, general hysteria) so I got supplies the last 2 days and people are out of the woodwork already.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wait. I thought the Bee was a satire news site...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Wait. I thought the Bee was a satire news site...
Truth is stranger than fiction? Smile

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s a sad state of affairs when you have to plan a 2.5 hour car trip out of New East Germany, AKA Pennsylvania to West Virginia just so your wife can get a hairdo, your kids can play in a park and we can all sit in a real restaurant for a meal.

My wife is putting it together for June.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It’s a sad state of affairs when you have to plan a 2.5 hour car trip out of New East Germany, AKA Pennsylvania to West Virginia just so your wife can get a hairdo, your kids can play in a park and we can all sit in a real restaurant for a meal.

My wife is putting it together for June.
It was said many pages back, it's a sad state of affairs where buying liquor and weed is simple and easy, but you have to sneak around in the shadows to get a haircut.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Whats telling is the post and view count for this thread, not only has da'rona taken over everyones lives at home, it's the dominating subject here....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"We're simply following (the governor's) orders."

We the People... need to fire every one of these un-American parasites.

Vote every one of these bastards and bastardettes off Turtle Island.

I obviously see what everyone is saying about the Constitution being a line that shouldn't be crossed. The flip side to me is do we want all the LEOs who support it to be in another line of work? There are obviously a lot of troubling things going on, but this could be nothing to what we see down the road. If they quit or get fired over not following orders the people who are responsible for this will just replace them with people who don't ask questions. What can be done is beyond me, but that town in the video isn't better with the captain taking over.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
It was said many pages back, it's a sad state of affairs where buying liquor and weed is simple and easy, but you have to sneak around in the shadows to get a haircut.

Trump just declared worship essential and URGED all Governors to allow places of worship to open.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post