SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Whats telling is the post and view count for this thread, not only has da'rona taken over everyones lives at home, it's the dominating subject here....

Thank you for your contribution!

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good ol' Minneapolis. Masks are now 'required' in all public establishments; no longer optional.

Masks will be required indoors in Minneapolis. Mayor Frey signed an order Thursday. St. Paul is thinking about it.

What you need to know about the new mask rules in Minneapolis

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"We're simply following (the governor's) orders."

We the People... need to fire every one of these un-American parasites.

Vote every one of these bastards and bastardettes off Turtle Island.

I obviously see what everyone is saying about the Constitution being a line that shouldn't be crossed. The flip side to me is do we want all the LEOs who support it to be in another line of work? There are obviously a lot of troubling things going on, but this could be nothing to what we see down the road. If they quit or get fired over not following orders the people who are responsible for this will just replace them with people who don't ask questions. What can be done is beyond me, but that town in the video isn't better with the captain taking over.

No one should be in a profession which compels behavior against their convictions or conscience. The LEOs enforcing unconstitutional government mandates by arresting churchgoers, gym members and those walking in parks are 100% responsible for the actions.

I’m sympathetic to LEOs placed in a tough spot by terrible government, but the right answer is always to do the right thing which in this case is upholding your oath to our founding documents and principals. You don’t have to be a martyr or quit in protest. But you also don’t have to zealously enforce everything new whim of a tyrant just because you received orders.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Good ol' Minneapolis. Masks are now 'required' in all public establishments; no longer optional.
Well...I guess this is as good a time as any to interject with this:

https://www.technocracy.news/b...isks-to-the-healthy/

Blaylock: Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

Dr. Russell Blaylock warns that not only do face masks fail to protect the healthy from getting sick, but they also create serious health risks to the wearer. The bottom line is that if you are not sick, you should not wear a face mask.

As businesses reopen, many are requiring shoppers and employees to wear a face mask. Costco, for instance, will not allow shoppers into the store without wearing a face mask. Many employers are requiring all employees to wear a face mask while at work. In some jurisdictions, all citizens must wear a face mask if they are outside of their own home. ⁃ TN Editor
[snip]

Dr. Russell Blaylock, author of The Blaylock Wellness Report newsletter, is a nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, health practitioner, author, and lecturer. He attended the Louisiana State University School of Medicine and completed his internship and neurological residency at the Medical University of South Carolina. For 26 years, practiced neurosurgery in addition to having a nutritional practice. He recently retired from his neurosurgical duties to devote his full attention to nutritional research. Dr. Blaylock has authored four books, Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life, Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients, and his most recent work, Cellular and Molecular Biology of Autism Spectrum Disorders.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Whats telling is the post and view count for this thread, not only has da'rona taken over everyones lives at home, it's the dominating subject here....

Thank you for your contribution!

Hey I'm just doing my part in this situation, it's all we can do, support my team, work with my coaches, just wanna be a part of the community and solution!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Interesting short segment this morning on Stuart Varney’s show about the importance of this Memorial Weekend to the economy. Mostly shared because of the report from J.P. Morgan on the positive correlation between open states and stable or declining infection rates.

Link

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

These leftist mayors and governors with their idiotic mask hysteria, I swear to God, one can surmise it is all a reaction to Trump not wearing one. That is how crazy this all is.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wife wanted to stop at Fresh Market on the way home from an errand, so we did, after going in it was obvious we were in the minority, being the only two without masks,

Everyone in the store had on masks, 100%, nobody said anything and there wasn't a sign on the door but there was a sign given about the customer base...

Nobody said anything though....

Interesting what it says about FM's customer base though...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess not. They were worried that if they spoke to you, you'd open your mouth and puke up one of them Broccoli Grenades on 'em.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
So, we couldn't hold out any longer and decided to go to Costco for necessities even with their stupid ass mask restriction. Wife and daughter went inside to do the shopping as I refuse to wear the shit and my wife found out why. While she was shopping she got dizzy and light headed. Nauseous to the point she nearly puked. She spoke to a supervisor, they told her to remove her mask if she'd like and tell everyone of her medical condition. Funny thing was that when they were going into the store, a lady was being brought out by the fire/ambulance crew on a gurney because of the same fucking nonsense. It's a health risk during high humidity/high temps like we ended up having today here in central Virginia. Folks are going to figure out real quick what it's like to be in MOPP 4 in the heat and humidity.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this does not bode well for the human race. In the event of a genuine crisis worldwide, we'd be roasting and eating each other in the streets.

Ammunition and charcoal briquets will be worth their weight in gold.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I guess not. They were worried that if they spoke to you, you'd open your mouth and puke up one of them Broccoli Grenades on 'em.

LOL, I was kinda worried I'd be hissed out of the store like Dom Deluise in Blazing saddles...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ammunition and charcoal briquets will be worth their weight in gold.

Don't forget Propane!

posted Hide Post
I know you all will be shocked, just shocked to learn the Evil Queen of Michigan has extended the lock down until 6-12.

And her tame judge opened the door for it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I know you all will be shocked, just shocked to learn the Evil Queen of Michigan has extended the lock down until 6-12.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Cool. We'll be up there starting June 1st to show our support for the local businesses in Presque Isle and Cheboygan Counties.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We're not out of the woods yet," Whitmer says.

Well maybe that's because you keep leading everyone back in you dam pinko.

On a brighter note looks like the DOJ is taking an interest in Illinois.

"DOJ intervenes in case challenging Illinois coronavirus restrictions, says governor went too far"

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...navirus-restrictions

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
No one should be in a profession which compels behavior against their convictions or conscience. The LEOs enforcing unconstitutional government mandates by arresting churchgoers, gym members and those walking in parks are 100% responsible for the actions.

I’m sympathetic to LEOs placed in a tough spot by terrible government, but the right answer is always to do the right thing which in this case is upholding your oath to our founding documents and principals. You don’t have to be a martyr or quit in protest. But you also don’t have to zealously enforce everything new whim of a tyrant just because you received orders.

Preach it (though it shouldn't *need* to be said at all...)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to go to work this morning to drop off paperwork. After I went to both Kroger and Walmart. About 80% or better were without a mask.

As I drove through town on my way home I only saw a handful of people out about walking with a mask on.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I just returned from a rural-ish Walmart down South.

Maybe 20% had masks on, fwiw, folks of all shades and socioeconomic statuses.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Does this man suffer from schizophrenia?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/1ZCOJq5DVZA

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post