SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
...no more than 10 customers at any one time.
Well, a nice round number, that's not arbitrary at all. Roll Eyes

When every other damn state is using percentages of capacity, usually based on the fire marshal rating.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Thanks for having actually read my post. I doubt many people do.

Then again many may follow yours and others' posts very closely. Smile

I hate apostrophes.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe the citizens of Michigan haven't ran out of patience.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Let's see, if I make the rule 3' people will see it as all but irrelevant and ignore it. If I make the rule 12', people will see it as extreme and ignore it. So we'll set it at 6' because that's the distance that most people will accept and comply with.

Posts: 23388 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm sure Kolhs, Penney's, etc will be thrilled to have 50-80 employees working to support no more than 10 customers at any one time.
Let's see if I follow this moron's thinking. As a business owner I can stay closed and lose $1k or open under these rules and lose $2k. I suggested many pages back this woman was retarded, this action proves it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
I liken it to strip mining:

Who cares about MI? She's out of there, and she knows it. It's all about the DNC friendly optics, and always Orange Man Bad, and his band of Tangoes.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 617 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You remember back in the early 90's all the church burnings that were not.

Well, I don't believe this one either.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...oEL2Tq5KW9p0KgHQAUfQ

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
As restaurants re-open in Minnesota, it was announced yesterday that reservations were required.

Odd? Well this was done so that the Govt has a papertrail record of who ate there and when for tracking purposes. I'd like to introduce myself, Bob Berditzmen. Good to meet you!

We make reservations under the name of Abe Froman....the Sausage King of Chicago. Smile

Reservations aren't required in my state, but I've noticed that a fair number of restaurants are asking that people make them before showing up.
Richard Gozzenya is another favorite, or Richard Fitzwell...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
So after telling everyone that the virus is incredibly contagious and can survive on surfaces for weeks, the jackasses flip flop again.

For those of you still wiping down groceries and other packages amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, breathe a sigh of relief: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now says the novel virus “does not spread easily” from "touching surfaces or objects" — but experts warn that doesn’t mean it’s no longer necessary to take "practical and realistic" precautions in stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Although when the change was made is not currently clear, the federal health agency appears to have subtly shifted its guidelines from March which simply said it “may be possible” to spread the virus from contaminated surfaces.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

"It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes," the CDC said on a now-archived page from March 28. At the time, however, the CDC did note that this possible method of transmission "is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads."

Even so, the CDC now includes "surfaces or objects" under a section that details ways in which the coronavirus does not readily transmit.

Other ways in which the virus does not easily spread is from animals to people, or from people to animals, the federal agency said on its updated page.

“COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning about how it spreads. It may be possible for COVID-19 to spread in other ways, but these are not thought to be the main ways the virus spreads,” according to the CDC.

The CDC did, however, remind citizens that the virus does mainly spread person-to-person, noting the virus that causes a COVID-19 infection, SARS-CoV-2, "is spreading very easily and sustainably between people.”

Maintaining a “good social distance," (keeping 6 feet away from others while in public), as well as washing hands often and “routinely” cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces are still listed as key precautions. (Getty Images)
Maintaining a “good social distance," (keeping 6 feet away from others while in public), as well as washing hands often and “routinely” cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces are still listed as key precautions. (Getty Images)
More specifically, the agency said the virus primarily spreads from person-to-person in the following ways:

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs
COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms
The change comes after a preliminary study from March suggested that the novel coronavirus can remain in the air for up to three hours, and live on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel for up to three days, prompting many to take to wiping down packages and other items. However, at the time, the study was yet not peer-reviewed, and, as Yahoo notes, did not determine if people could be infected from touching certain surfaces analyzed.

Dr. John Whyte, the chief medical officer for the healthcare website WebMD, called the CDC’s changes an “important step in clarifying how the virus is spread, especially as we gain new information.”

“It also may help reduce anxiety and stress. Many people were concerned that by simply touching an object they may get coronavirus and that’s simply not the case. Even when a virus may stay on a surface, it doesn’t mean that it’s actually infectious,” Whyte told Fox News in an email.

The news comes after The Food and Drug Administration in mid-April issued a statement saying that there’s no need to wipe down food packaging after you’ve returned home from the grocery store. (Getty Images)
The news comes after The Food and Drug Administration in mid-April issued a statement saying that there’s no need to wipe down food packaging after you’ve returned home from the grocery store. (Getty Images)
“I think this new guideline helps people understand more about what does and doesn’t increase risk. It doesn’t mean we stop washing hands and disinfecting surfaces. But it does allow us to be practical and realistic as we try to return to a sense of normalcy,” he added.

Dr. William Schaffner, the medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) and professor at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, echoed Whyte.

“The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person (within about 6 feet). Person-to-person contact is a highway. Touching infected surfaces are little paths, but they don’t carry the big viral traffic,” he told Fox News in an email. “To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the safest thing is to continue social distancing, wear masks, and wash hands frequently and thoroughly.”

Indeed, the CDC on its updated page reiterated important steps to take to prevent exposure to the virus. Maintaining a “good social distance," (keeping 6 feet away from others while in public), as well as washing hands often and “routinely” cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces were listed as key precautions.

https://www.foxnews.com/health...ontaminated-surfaces

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

As restaurants re-open in Minnesota, it was announced yesterday that reservations were required.

Odd? Well this was done so that the Govt has a papertrail record of who ate there and when for tracking purposes. I'd like to introduce myself, Bob Berditzmen. Good to meet you!
Harry Azcrac

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're single you're totally screwed.

Dating these days is challenging enough. Try it when you have to wear mask, stay 6' away, and can't meet anywhere.

Oh, and don't forget haven't had a haircut since February.

Always look at the bright side. You aren't paying for restaurant dinners, expensive drinks, movies, sporting events, comedy shows, shopping trips, vacays. Pr0n is free Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and if you think the economy's going to come roaring back...

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
With that said, it would set a good example for the President to follow the facility rules. No different than a hard hat, safety glasses, and ear plugs if required.

Sorry. No.

Let me rephrase that: F*CK NO

The President of the United States of America should NEVER be seen wearing a face mask. It projects fear and WEAKNESS. And you just know these assholes in the media will jump all over that and then shout “look at this guy, he’s scared, he’s wearing a mask, why is he wearing a mask?”

NOPE.

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
With that said, it would set a good example for the President to follow the facility rules. No different than a hard hat, safety glasses, and ear plugs if required.

Sorry. No.

Let me rephrase that: F*CK NO

The President of the United States of America should NEVER be seen wearing a face mask. It projects fear and WEAKNESS. And you just know these assholes in the media will jump all over that and then shout “look at this guy, he’s scared, he’s wearing a mask, why is he wearing a mask?”

NOPE.

Exactly damn right. The President of the United States DOES NOT WEAR A MASK. "A good example" is the last thing such an image would project.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've got a notion that POTUS will come to MI whenever he wants to whether the AG of Michigan likes it or not.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

Dr. William Schaffner, the medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) and professor at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, echoed Whyte.

“The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person (within about 6 feet). Person-to-person contact is a highway. Touching infected surfaces are little paths, but they don’t carry the big viral traffic,” he told Fox News in an email. “To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the safest thing is to continue social distancing, wear masks, and wash hands frequently and thoroughly.”

https://www.foxnews.com/health...ontaminated-surfaces

BACK OFF, MAN!

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
This whole thing is moved from silly, to absurd, to asinine, and now to fear based moronic delusion.

I'd like to post that on my door at work, but it would likely get me quarantined for two weeks. Or a [Skype] visit from HR. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"President Donald Trump on Thursday did not wear a mask for coronavirus protection during the public part of touring a Ford Motor Co. plant in Michigan, despite a state law and company policy requiring facial coverings there."

"“Not necessary,” Trump said, when a reporter asked why he was not wearing a facial covering.

“Everybody’s been tested and I’ve been tested.”

Trump also claimed “I had one [a mask] on before,” in an area that was not visible to reporters, but added, “I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.”

Link

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice to meet you, I’m Art VanDelay.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a related note, can the police read the reservation book without a warrant? Asking for a friend.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post