SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Kudos Eric Clapton!

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...ccine-shows-1200257/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
From the very beginning of this ridiculous shite at the start in 2020, Clapton has been on the right side of things.

I absolutely love that he is taking this stand on the vaccine.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
love that he is taking this stand on the vaccine.

I have been a Clapton fan since the 60s, when he was with The Blues Breakers.

And I have had the same stand on this shit show from the beginning.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
love that he is taking this stand on the vaccine.

I have been a Clapton fan since the 60s, when he was with The Blues Breakers.

John Mayall cultivated a lot of talent.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:

John Mayall cultivated a lot of talent.

Another most folks should be more familiar with is blues musician Alexis Korner who like Mayall nurtured a lot of future icons.

I saw a group of musicians jamming with Korner in Battersea Park, UK, back in 1972. Two in attendance were from the Rolling Stones. It was an amazing afternoon.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long this coach will be able to hold out before they make it mandatory to be on the sideline or something.

https://www.outkick.com/pac-12...coach-wont-be-there/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
My aunt's neighbors had twin 19 year old daughters take the vaccine. One got horribly sick, the other died later that night.

That is one of most heartbreaking incidents I've heard. Parents outliving their children is bad enough, but it is even worse when a child is so young as to not even had a chance to really live life.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
You be the judge.
Did Anthony Fauci’s NIH Fund Gain-of-Function research?
Did Anthony Fauci commit a crime lying before Congress?

I take him at is word.
He supported Gain-of-Function research.
He Lifted halt to Funding Pause on Gain-of-Function research.
My verdict is liar, liar, pants on fire.

Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
You be the judge.
Did Anthony Fauci’s NIH Fund Gain-of-Function research?
Did Anthony Fauci commit a crime lying before Congress?

I take him at is word.
He supported Gain-of-Function research.
He Lifted halt to Funding Pause on Gain-of-Function research.
My verdict is liar, liar, pants on fire.

Link

Fauci lied again and needs to be prosecuted but seems to be protected. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3056 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
My aunt's neighbors had twin 19 year old daughters take the vaccine. One got horribly sick, the other died later that night.

That is one of most heartbreaking incidents I've heard. Parents outliving their children is bad enough, but it is even worse when a child is so young as to not even had a chance to really live life.

It really is. I'm not sure of the circumstances on why the twins got the vaccine but the 2 colleges that my daughter is attending is requiring the jab or a waiver with weekly testing and a daily health journal. Being that my daughter is 20, she can make her own mind up but I gave her every bit of data that I could find. There's just no way of knowing how any of this is gonna pan out without proper long term testing and I told her not to be a guinea pig. As of now, she hasn't and doesn't plan on getting any of the jabs.

I would put a serious hurt on those that have come up with this "mandatory" jab nonsense if my child died because of their idiotic notion of safety. I can't imagine the pain my aunt's neighbors are feeling.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
There is a joint announcement coming out later today from 4 major healthcare systems in NC that they are now going to require that all employees be vaccinated. Failure to do so will result in mandatory leave of absence until they are vaccinated - continued failure to do so will result in termination.

While there will be a few exemptions based on health or religious grounds, I suspect that there will be more turnover than they anticipate which will only make it harder to provide care for patients in need.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
While there will be a few exemptions based on health or religious grounds, I suspect that there will be more turnover than they anticipate which will only make it harder to provide care for patients in need.

The devil is always in the details...
The question is how difficult will they make it to get a waiver. If you simply state your objection and they give a waiver, no problem but they could make it nearly impossible, in which case lots of people will leave and/or sue.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
How would anyone know FOR SURE that someone died from the vaccine?

My aunt's neighbors had twin 19 year old daughters take the vaccine. One got horribly sick, the other died later that night. Not sure which jab but neither had previous health issues and none of the docs wanna discuss WHY or HOW that could happen Mad

Probably, ya know, coincidental. Just like it was probably coincidental that one of my best friends, his wife, and a best friend of my wife's in another country all got mysteriously sick for reasons none of their doctors could explain, with identical symptoms, shortly after their vaccines. My best friend had to be hospitalized twice because "it," whatever it was, morphed into pneumonia.

In Yet Another Wu Flu thread somebody started here, a poster noted "It is kind of depressing that otherwise reasonably intelligent folks have bought the whole scamdemic hook, line, and sinker." Well, when the dominant "news" media, both national and local, are incessantly yammering the party line nearly every minute of every day and night, and studiously avoiding mentioning anything about the negative consequences of experimental vaccines--other than references to alleged "misinformation," what do you expect?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
House Democrats Block COVID Origins declassification Bill

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...eclassification-bill

House Democrats on Tuesday blocked a GOP bill which would require the Director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the US government's investigations into the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic - and in particular, what role the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have played in the outbreak.

The COVID-19 Origin Act was introduced in the Senate by Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Mike Braun (R-IN), and was passed unanimously in May, according to Townhall. Then, it was brought to the House floor by Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) along with Reps. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH) and Darin LaHood (R-IL).

"The best disinfectant is sunlight and that's what we can provide today," said Wenstrup. "The bill first establishes that we must identify the precise origins of COVID-19 because it is critical for preventing a similar pandemic in the future."

"I cannot stress enough that this bill is not controversial by any means," he continued. "In fact, it passed the Senate in May with unanimous consent — not one senator objected. Not Senators Ted Cruz or Rand Paul, not Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. If those four members can get on board with this bill, should not we be able to do the same?"

Rep. LaHood further explained the legislation's purpose, saying it "would require the Biden administration Director of National Intelligence to declassify intelligence information related to any potential links between the Wuhan Institute of Virology — also known as the Wuhan lab — and the origins of COVID-19 in order to better prepare and avoid future pandemics."

"The bottom line is Americans deserve a full accounting of the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic," he added. -Townhall

In April, Hawley noted that "for over a year, anyone asking questions about the Wuhan Institute if Virology has been branded as a conspiracy theorist," adding "the world needs to know if this pandemic was the product of negligence at the Wuhan lab but the [Chinese Communist Party] has done everything it can to block a credible investigation. That's why the Biden administration must declassify what it knows about the Wuhan lab and Beijing's attempts to cover up the origin of the pandemic."

As The Federalist notes, "House Democrats’ vote against transparency comes just days after the World Health Organization urged China to cooperate with their second inquiry into the virus’s origins, citing previous difficulty working with the communist regime when China refused to share raw patient data with the WHO during the first round of investigations.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Look at their faces, they are just seething with rage inside that someone dares question their Great God Fauci Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/ChrisStiga...247647144685571?s=20

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the vaccine and masks. The wrong people are being made to wear them.

If you've been vaccinated, you should have to wear a mask. You could have the cooties all over you and spread em to everyone you encounter, you'd never know.

If you aren't vaccinated and you get it, you may at least know it and stay your ass home.

Make all them vaccinated typhoid Mary's wear a mask! Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"If your shot works, why do I need one?"

"If your shot doesn’t work, why do I need one?"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
In Yet Another Wu Flu thread somebody started here, a poster noted "It is kind of depressing that otherwise reasonably intelligent folks have bought the whole scamdemic hook, line, and sinker." Well, when the dominant "news" media, both national and local, are incessantly yammering the party line nearly every minute of every day and night, and studiously avoiding mentioning anything about the negative consequences of experimental vaccines--other than references to alleged "misinformation," what do you expect?

I guess I expect those reasonably intelligent folks to use critical thinking and actually question the pablum they are being spoonfed. I’m saddened that this is apparently an unreasonable expectation. Sigh…

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"If your shot works, why do I need one?"

"If your shot doesn’t work, why do I need one?"

More succinct and more polite, but right along the lines of the query that nobody’s been able to answer for me. Mind if I steal?

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Horowitz: Data from India continues to blow up the ‘Delta’ fear narrative

The prevailing narrative from Fauci, Walensky, and company is that Delta is more serious than anything before, and even though vaccines are even less effective against it, its spread proves the need to vaccinate even more people. Unless we do that, we must return to the very effective lockdowns and masks. In reality, India's experience proves the opposite true; namely:

Delta is largely an attenuated version, with a much lower fatality rate, that for most people is akin to a cold.
Masks failed to stop the spread there.
The country has come close to the herd immunity threshold with just 3% vaccinated.
Most people are now getting cold-like symptoms from Delta, but to the extent countries hit by Delta suffered some deaths and serious illness, they could have been avoided not with vaccines and masks, but with early and preventive treatment like ivermectin.

In other words, our government is learning all the wrong lessons from India, and now Israel and the U.K. Let's unpack what we know occurred in India and now in some of the other countries experiencing a surge in cases of the Indian "Delta" variant.

The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) recently conducted a fourth nationwide serological test and found that 67.6% of those over 6 years old in June and July had antibodies, including 85% of health care workers. This is a sharp increase from the 24.1% level detected during the December-January study. What we can conclude definitively is that strict mask-wearing (especially among health care workers) failed to stop the spread one bit. Yet now they have achieved herd immunity and burned out the virus with just 3% vaccination (now up to 6%) with roughly one-sixth the death rate of the U.S. and the U.K. and less than one-half that of Israel.

Immediately, naysayers will suggest that somehow India is vastly undercounting the deaths because it is a shabby third-world country. However, if we are to suggest that, it would mean that so much of the data from so many other countries we use for studies must be ignored. Also, it's true that India is poor in some areas, but it is highly developed and has a very strong bureaucracy and administrative state throughout. There might be undercounting, but the notion that it can account for that wide a gap between India and the U.S./U.K. was always unlikely.

However, now that the Delta has spread to other countries like Israel and the U.K., we need not speculate who is right about India's death rate. The fact that Israel and the U.K. have so many Delta cases yet so few deaths relative to the winter spread of the original strain demonstrates that Delta is likely much weaker and India's numbers are probably close to accurate. Remember, most of India's spread, unlike in the West, occurred with Delta, long after the ancestral strain that hit the West was gone. If it really was the bloodbath some are suggesting (a tenfold undercount of deaths, in their estimation), why is the data from the U.K. showing just the opposite?

The latest data from the U.K. show that the case fatality rate for the Delta is just 0.2%, much less than the others. And we need not speculate with generalized studies. The raw data shows that since May 1, there have been approximately 1,300 deaths in the U.K. out of roughly 1.1 million confirmed cases. But those are confirmed cases. The likely infection fatality rate is much lower because now more than ever, people are avoiding testing, and the U.K. media has been reporting for weeks that the symptoms of the Delta for most people appear more like a cold.

The Guardian reports that based on data from the app-based Zoe COVID symptom study, the symptoms being reported are mainly headaches and runny nose. "People might think they've just got some sort of seasonal cold, and they still go out to parties … we think this is fueling a lot of the problem," said Tim Spector, a professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London, who is leading the work on the reporting app.

The U.K. media are trying to panic people about spreading a cold, but in fact, they are reporting good news! This virus has attenuated for most people to the point that they can't even distinguish it from a cold, much less a flu. Thus, the fact that India achieved most of its immunity throughout the spread of the Delta variant actually lends a lot of credence to the fatality rate of one-sixth of that of the U.S. and the U.K., which experienced most of its deaths from the ancestral strain.

If you look at any chart from Scotland, which is now mainly over the curve, there is a complete decoupling of deaths from cases.

The same thing is being observed in Israel, which is slightly behind the curve. The country has had just 20 deaths so far in July, but again, 15 of them were of vaccinated individuals.

However, to the extent that there are cases, and the relatively rare serious cases, the vaccines have proven to be a bust in preventing them. The Western countries are relying on an exponentially higher vaccination rate than India with a much lower seroprevalence rate from infection. It's simply not working. According to Israel's Ministry of Health, the Pfizer vaccine efficacy against infection dropped 42% since the start of the inoculation drive in Israel, and efficacy against severe illness has dropped 60% among those vaccinated early on. Ditto for the United Kingdom.

In fact, in Israel, the case rates track almost perfectly with the percentage of those vaccinated stratified by age range.

Thus, the experience from India and the Delta variant teaches us the exact opposite of what the panic-mongers are pushing. Natural immunity, not vaccination, is king. Which explains the dichotomy between India and countries like Gibraltar. In Gibraltar, nearly every adult in the tiny country has been vaccinated, yet it has the third-highest per capita rate of infection in the world.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed...delta-fear-narrative

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post