SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
On top of all that, do you see what you guys did? Matt Damon is frustrated because you won't take the shot. You have frustrated Matt Damon. It's come to this.

Did you see him in Good Will Hunting? We cannot have a frustrated Matt Damon.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
On top of all that, do you see what you guys did? Matt Damon is frustrated because you won't take the shot. You have frustrated Matt Damon. It's come to this.

Great. Now he'll crap on all the potatoes. And I really liked potatoes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Vallance continued, explaining that the extraordinarily high figure was nothing to worry about.

“And that’s not surprising because the vaccines are not one hundred percent effective, they’re very very effective but not a hundred percent." Well, very, very 40% effective. No, sixty. Forty is 60% very, very.

A Monty Python skit.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update
Sydney NSW.

Sydney is under lockdown, as the Delta variant spreads in a few 'burbs. Not the entire city.

For the week, 479k tests; 686 test positive.

And there is even the bare faced suggestion of a "ring of steel" around Sydney. That is a political and health expression for thinly disguised checkpoint charlies at certain Sydney 'burbs.

Ridiculous.

The result is thousands of anti-lockdown protestors marched in the CBD.

The news link below tells an obvious media biased story. And the pro and anti commentaries inline to the story.

Sydney anti-lockdown protesters

Some images from that story.

Being able to step outside and express feelings and pent up emotions.

There is absolutely a shortage of vaccine supplies in Aus. Not enough ordered.

Meanwhile, down here in Melbourne Victoria, our lockdown, while not as draconian, is well rehearsed ...

Anti-lockdown protestors descended on Flinders St Station in Melbourne.

(Note: The flag in the image? The Eureka flag. 1854 rebellion. Gold miners and the cost of mining licenses and colonial authority.
Versus mounted policy, army and para-military units. One day and done.)

So, after 3 hours of protesting Victoria's lockdown rules, mounted and special ops units moved in. Congrats, you get capsicum sprayed.

Sigh.

Trust you and yours are well.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RT- They publish the worst of the West but sadly the truth:

quote:
Australia goes down under the boot as citizens in Sydney are ordered to avoid casual conversation– even with a mask and vaccine

"new Covid cases in New South Wales – 78 to be precise, and one death"

"“So, even if you run into your next-door neighbor in the shopping center … don’t start up a conversation. Now is the time for minimizing your interactions with others.”"

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/52995...vid-speaking-people/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
citizens in Sydney are ordered to avoid casual conversation

Huh. It's almost as if they're concerned the citizens may be wishing to plot something against their overlords.

The people would be better to facilitate these conversations via electronic means so that they may be more closely monitored.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
They announced on Friday that St. Louis City/County will require masks to be worn in indoor public places and on public transportation beginning Monday. Vaccination status doesn't matter.

So, if it is so dangerous, why the wait until Monday? I guess no one can catch this "deadly" plague during the weekend. Ah, the horseshit continues.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I can tell you those Australian lockdown protests are not being covered at all in the US media, not even by the UK media which typically covers stuff our own corrupt media chooses to ignore.

I never thought I’d see Canada and Australia go full totalitarian over a stupid virus with a 99.7% survival rate. Eek

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thing is apparent- imbeciles flock towards government jobs, and the worst of them (the ones who think they're actually very smart) end up at the top of government. This is a universal phenomenon.

The one real argument supporting anarchy is the universal stupidity of government officials. No matter what chaos would take their place, at least these poxes on humanity would be gone.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
We're the generation watching personal freedoms disappear.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
imbeciles flock towards government jobs, and the worst of them (the ones who think they're actually very smart) end up at the top of government.

My buddies and I call this “FUMU” (Foo Moo)

Fuck Up, Move Up.

In a melting pot the scum always rises to the top.

We're doomed! LOL!

Covid could be spread through flatulence, say ministers

Ministers have privately pointed to evidence that Covid could be spread by people breaking wind in confined spaces such as lavatories. One said they had read "credible-looking stuff on it" from other countries, although government scientists are yet to produce a paper on the matter.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/po...lence-say-ministers/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
We're the generation watching personal freedoms disappear.

This is the part those who've chosen to take the vaccinations, and especially those who've criticized those of us who haven't and won't, don't get: For many of us it's not only that the vaccinations are experimental in nature and they've made people sick or killed them, but also because the governments and dominant media are trying so bloody hard to push them.

I'm always suspicious of anybody who is clearly trying too hard.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://rumble.com/vk8hif-sen....spite-fauci-den.html

video interview w Rand Paul

Sen. Paul: Gain of function virus research ongoing in U.S. despite Fauci denials

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Things I’m reading people say on other forums I frequent is astonishing. Just not by the sheer number of people who have not just swallowed this entire narrative that’s been fed to them but how deep they have ingested it. Fully vaccinated people still wearing N95 masks in public places where it’s not even required. Demonizing people who won’t get vaccinated. The unvaccinated are a health risk to the rest of society and should be forced to take the jab by any and all means they say. They all reference the CDC as proof of their convictions.

Many of these guys are at the age where they have been around long enough they should know to ask their own questions. Stupid certainly runs deep in this country.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It seems like this is probably the place to bring it up.

My wife is talking about wanting to get the vaccine. She's perfectly healthy, didn't get wu flu, and though she thinks the lockdown and all this was nonsense (or at least agreed with me enough to make me think she did), and yet she's thinking about getting the jab. Everyone in her very liberal family has gotten it and they're all fine, she points out.

About a month ago, when her company started going to back to work in the office, those fully vaccinated with proof could go around without a mask. She said she was thinking of getting the shot so she wouldn't have to wear the mask. Now she says she's going to get the shot and still wear the mask because she doesn't want to have to prove health stuff to a major corporation.

Now it's her body and she can decide what to do. I've only ever answered this way, but then also sent her links to stuff posted here and elsewhere. She hasn't read any of it. The doctor flatly told me if I eat very carefully, don't drink or smoke, and stay away from anything poisonous, I'll easily make it another ten years. She didn't want to promise twenty. But the caveat is that I could get really sick any time in there and just die. I have serious health problems. We have a seven year old son. I've asked my wife what I'm supposed to do if she gets the shot and has a heart attack or some other unexplained issue and dies? I'm not going to be around a long time. She answered that her family would be happy to raise our son if it comes to that. I didn't even know what to say to that.

To say this is all distressing is quite an understatement. And no, I'm not getting the fucking shot. I've got enough problems.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My WTF moment yesterday was when I saw a dude riding a Harley with no helmet (as Arkansas allows by law) but wearing a mask. I thought maybe it was a preventative measure against bugs in the mouth but the bike had its stock bugshield and the rider had the build, physiqe, and tattoos of your proto-typical outlaw-type Harley rider.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I badly want to believe that was one of those "dude, I'm going to do this and see how many funny looks I get, it's going to be hilarious" things, but somehow that's probably not right. Last month, after the restrictions were lifted, I saw a guy double-masked, in his car, by himself.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
imbeciles flock towards government jobs, and the worst of them (the ones who think they're actually very smart) end up at the top of government.

My buddies and I call this “FUMU” (Foo Moo)

Fuck Up, Move Up. In a melting pot the scum always rises to the top.

We're doomed! LOL!

Ministers have privately pointed to evidence that Covid could be spread by people breaking wind in confined spaces such as lavatories. One said they had read "credible-looking stuff on it" from other countries, although government scientists are yet to produce a paper on the matter.

Well if this is the case then it's simply more incontrovertible evidence that MASKS DON'T WORK, and are as useless as all of these 'Agenda Driven Imbeciles' in the .gov, media, etc! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I badly want to believe that was one of those "dude, I'm going to do this and see how many funny looks I get, it's going to be hilarious" things, but somehow that's probably not right. Last month, after the restrictions were lifted, I saw a guy double-masked, in his car, by himself.

Today, we ate at a small deli near the lake. I watched a chick at another table with a guy, and about a four year old boy. She would pull her mask down, take a bite, pull the boy’s mask down to give him a bite, then she would pull her mask down and take a bite, etc.

Then I watched the three of them leave the deli, avoiding others as if they were handling nuclear waste.

Then they went out to their Maxima, and strapped the four year old down with a seat belt. No car seat or booster seat. A seat belt.

Observing that interaction tells me without a doubt their political affiliation.

Safety first.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post