SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It was a response to rusbro’s assertion that the two Bakersfield Dr’s extrapolation were “blatantly false”. Which I disagree with. But you guys typed too fast for me to get it in next to his post.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
But I think his main point is that the CCP coronavirus is more widespread than we previously knew and far less deadly than we feared.

A lot of people here knew this early on.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of people here knew this early on.

Yes, those of us following this since the beginning knew this but most of us are not doctors working with patients everyday.
He also makes the point that Dr. Fauci is an academic but they are actually practicing medicine.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And more widely spread means all the “bad” number percentages are lower. Death rate, hospitalization, vented, etc. All the bad numbers mean less when you acknowledge a metric shit ton of Americans have been exposed and had covid who haven’t been and likely never will be tested. 6 inch swab up my nose? Not unless I’m dying. Pin prick test. Still no, I don’t like needles (I get needles constantly now due to chemo) and I’m not volunteering for extra.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para.

Unlike China we've paid for it ourselves by putting Alexa in our homes and Ring Cameras at our doors.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:

NHK is the national broadcasting organization of Japan not China or was there some obscure personal insight in your post?

Just to close this and not muddle things further:

Yes, I am well aware that NHK is the puppet network of the Japanese government. The dam thing is on constantly at my house, because the TV Japan channel in NY had to shut down due to the wuhan crud. It's "NHK World Premium" and if it is not running "news" programs it is running other shit that's focus is on the wuhan crud. It is painful.

Other than that, NHK constantly broadcasts about America and the Trump Administration and President Trump and you can bet it is not complimentary, but i keep my yap shut to keep peace in this prison house.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
More evidence smokers may be at less risk of catching coronavirus. The tobacco Nazis aren’t going to like this.

“A review of scientific studies has added more evidence to the claim that people who smoke might have a lower risk of becoming seriously ill with COVID-19.

University College London academics looked at 28 papers and found the proportions of smokers among hospital patients were 'lower than expected'.

One public health professor said there was 'something weird going on with smoking and coronavirus' and experts are struggling to explain the connection.”

https://mol.im/a/8264635

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I get what you're saying... it's always difficult and even dangerous to extrapolate data from test groups. They never perfectly match the entire population.
But I think his main point is that the CCP coronavirus is more widespread than we previously knew and far less deadly than we feared.

Agreed on his main assertion, but his use of statistics was just shoddy, with no admission of how weak it was. It's beside the main point, but I think everyone should strive for accuracy and honesty - especially those claiming to be experts.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I went to Home Depot twice this weekend for gardening supplies.
Oh lordy how silly the unwashed masses have become.
About 90% wore masks. Of those maybe 1% had an effective mask and wore it correctly. The rest all had bandannas, pantyhose like spandex, or those stupid foam masks they are peddling that do nothing whatsoever. At least half had them pulled down below their noses. Most of the people I observed while waiting in line were busy adjusting their masks constantly, touching their faces, and other behaviors that pretty much negated any benefit to wearing one.
I just feel bad that so many people are that stupid.
It was kind of fun to see them recoil in horror and back up against shelves when my unmasked self walked down the aisles passed them. Cool
I firmly believe all this mandatory mask nonsense is only for the optics to keep people afraid. They obviously don't provide any actual benefit.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/ed...nt-return-next-week/

The House will not come back to Washington next week, House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer told reporters Tuesday, reversing an announcement he made on a Democratic Caucus conference call the previous day.

The change of course comes as members expressed concern about returning to Washington while some areas in the region are developing into coronavirus hot spots. Hoyer said the decision to delay the return, which had been briefly scheduled for May 4, came after he talked with the Capitol physician, who said he recommended against taking the risk involved in members returning.

Another reason the House decided to delay its return is because the chamber is not ready to vote on the next coronavirus relief bill, Hoyer said.

“We will not come back next week, but we hope to come back very soon to consider the CARES 2 legislation,” Hoyer said, adding that the House will take “the time to get that in order” before returning.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Geez, I love capitalism (take THAT, you commie AOC crowd)! Now available, non-N95 masks, suitable for wearing in public, but not much else. Priced at $14.99. In stock.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:

NHK is the national broadcasting organization of Japan not China or was there some obscure personal insight in your post?

Just to close this and not muddle things further:

Yes, I am well aware that NHK is the puppet network of the Japanese government. The dam thing is on constantly at my house, because the TV Japan channel in NY had to shut down due to the wuhan crud. It's "NHK World Premium" and if it is not running "news" programs it is running other shit that's focus is on the wuhan crud. It is painful.

Other than that, NHK constantly broadcasts about America and the Trump Administration and President Trump and you can bet it is not complimentary, but i keep my yap shut to keep peace in this prison house.

Anata no okusan nihonjin desuka?

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The House will not come back to Washington next week, House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer told reporters Tuesday, reversing an announcement he made on a Democratic Caucus conference call the previous day.

Utterly pathetic. Get your FREAKING ASSES BACK to work! Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In MD they won’t let you in without mask. Son and daughter went to pick up carryout and forgot. Son just pulled shirt over nose. Voila! It’s mostly optics and to spread the fear factor.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
One public health professor said there was 'something weird going on with smoking and coronavirus' and experts are struggling to explain the connection.”

I don't consider myself an expert but maybe it's because the virus can't get to the lung tissue because of the coating of tar and nicotine in a smoker's lungs Wink

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

hai, so desu.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

A finished market hog at 270 doesn’t gain 5lbs daily. From 200 pounds to finish average daily gain is 1.5- 2lbs. A hog can be held to a daily weight gain of less than 1lb per day with limiting feed to 3.5 lbs daily.

I'm relaying the info I got directly from the hog farm owner/operator.

I appreciate that but even a 700 lb feeder steer will only gain about 3 lbs per day. You are spot on with barn space a problem with extended feed to slaughter days.

Agree w/ MWG. Hog can weight-gain can be managed to an extent.

However, the stress to the hog due to spacing is a bigger issue. Also, if you have market-ready hogs and nowhere for them to go, the cost to keep them in the pen goes up as they are going to eat more and more. You can modify their intake to reduce the weight gain but larger and larger hogs will begin to get aggressive, stressed, and that will have a negative impact on the farmer.

At the end of the day, hogs will get larger, eat more, die at a higher rate, and the farmer will lose more and more. It compounds.

Hey MWG - was going to send you an email but don't see one in your profile. Do you happen to be hog farmer?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father used well diluted liquid nicotine in his greenhouse to spray tomatoes and things. Killed all the bugs. Bought from a dispensing chemist (UK) in a medicine bottle. Dark brown oily stuff as I remember. So maybe nicotine will kill more than white-fly and caterpillars...

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

hai, so desu.

wakata

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
yokatta.