SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Apologies.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Geez, I love capitalism (take THAT, you commie AOC crowd)! Now available, non-N95 masks, suitable for wearing in public, but not much else. Priced at $14.99. In stock.

Cool! Do you have a link to the source? Thanks.
I'm feeling slightly guilty, I went to the local Target for a few items. They had only one can of SPAM product left. I brought it home.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
US gun manufacturers join coronavirus fight by reproducing PPE

By Hollie McKay | Fox News

"SIG Sauer, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, and KelTec are among the companies in the firearm industry who have made efforts to fight Covid-19 by making and/or supplying PPE. The donations have been made to first responders such as police, fire, and EMTs, but also to healthcare professionals in their local hospitals," Eric Poole, editor-in-chief of Guns & Ammo Magazine told Fox News. "The response has been growing among companies as they learn how they can shift their capabilities."

Full Story

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm feeling slightly guilty, I went to the local Target for a few items. They had only one can of SPAM product left. I brought it home.

They only stock it one can at a time... they put another one out after you left. Wink

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^And it was SPAM Lite at that!

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Saw an interesting development...a Ill. state rep petitioned the court and got an order staying the governor's 30 day extension of his stay home order, ruling it illegal under their laws. It looks like it will be headed to the state supreme court but it's about time some state legislatures took some action to restrain these leftist governors.

This has to due with the new restrictions added to the extension, not the extension of the stay at home order itself.
IL has a law that you can NOT carry a gun and wear a mask (its a felony).

The new restrictions require you to wear a mask in public.
So if you happen to be one of the lucky IL subjects allowed to carry, you could NOT legally do it anymore under the new guidelines.

**Will look for the YouTube video later and add it to this post.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Our county jumped from 4 to 65 in a week. A Lifecare Nursing home ( where my mom spent time a few years ago before she passed) came up with 54 positive results from residents and staff. Lifecare was the nursing home in Washington that exploded with positive test results. My wife is a LCSW in local and surrounding nursing homes. This is too close for comfort.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I just found out that Quest Diagnostics is now offering the Abbott COVID-19 antibody test. $129

I ordered one and will give the blood this Friday, I am pretty certain that I had this back in mid December 2019.

Here’s my account:

(I had saved it as a note on my phone)

I’m now almost certain I had this virus back in mid-December and recovered and didn’t even realize it. I got what I thought was just a bad cold with an awful, awful sore throat and a hacking cough that would not go away. A sore throat for me lasts normally 1-2 days. This lasted 3 full weeks along with the cough, I was coughing so hard and so much I was having to sleep elsewhere to stop waking my wife. My chest hurt for weeks after I finally got over it. Initially went to my doctor after a week, they tested for strep, it was negative and told me it’s “just a cold, suck it up”. After another 10 days of this horrible sore throat and hacking cough, I went to the urgent care and they again tested for strep, negative, flu , negative and took chest x-rays. The doctor I saw told me “it’s a good thing you came in when you did, you were on your way to getting pneumonia” They gave me some heavy duty cough meds and something else and finally after a good 3 weeks I felt better. It was horrible. Never had a cough like that in my life.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Oxford has started human trials of a vaccine that was effective in rhesus monkeys:

University of Oxford researchers have begun testing a COVID-19 vaccine in human volunteers in Oxford today. Around 1,110 people will take part in the trial, half receiving the vaccine and the other half (the control group) receiving a widely available meningitis vaccine.

Of the first two volunteers to take part today, one will likewise receive the vaccine and the other the control.

The researchers started screening healthy volunteers (aged 18-55) in March for their upcoming ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine trial in the Thames Valley Region. The vaccine is based on an adenovirus vaccine vector and the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, and has been produced in Oxford.

https://www.research.ox.ac.uk/...ns-human-trial-stage

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
re Pasig post above,

https://newsroom.questdiagnost...rough-QuestDirect-TM

Beginning today, individuals can purchase COVID-19 antibody testing for themselves online, without visiting a doctor's office, through QuestDirect, the consumer-initiated testing business of Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services.

The COVID-19 Immune Response test is available at GetQuestTest.com.

After purchasing the service online, an individual will be prompted to schedule an appointment for a blood draw at one of the 2,200 patient service centers Quest Diagnostics operates around the United States. For the safety of our patients and employees, individuals must not have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 for at least 10 days; wear a face mask; and pass a contact-less temperature check.

Antibody testing is not intended for use in individuals with an active COVID-19 infection, including individuals with symptoms.

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I don't disagree with the moral to his story, but he keeps claiming that you can extrapolate from test groups to the entire population, which is IMO blatantly false.

Thus far, people who are tested are not a random sample. That's a highly biased sample.

You aren't the only one who sees that the logic in these two doctors' argument is entirely faulty.

ACEP-AAEM Joint Statement on Physician Misinformation:

"The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health."

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...le-eating-ice-cream/

President Donald Trump mocked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday at the White House for canceling plans to call Congress back to Washington during the coronavirus pandemic.

“The Democrats, they don’t want to come back. I think they should be back here, but they don’t, they’re enjoying their vacation,” Trump said when asked by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl about Pelosi’s decision.

“You think they’re enjoying a vacation?” Karl asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, I think they are. If you look at Nancy Pelosi eating ice cream on late-night television, yeah I think they probably are, they’re having a good time,” Trump said.

The Senate announced plans to return to Washington on May 4 to work on the next coronavirus rescue bill, and the House planned to join them until Pelosi canceled the plans on Tuesday.

Trump said he thought all lawmakers should return to Washington to start working for the American people again.

“I think they should be back, they should all come back and we should work on this together,” he said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

what a concept. "we should work on this together"

He has offered so many times to work w the DEMs, and all they ever do is attack him.

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Illinois has the Corona pretty bad. They passed Michigan a while ago and just passed California in total case numbers.
Correction: Chicago, Illinois has the CCP Corona pretty bad. Most of the cases are in Cook, Lake and DuPage counties. The majority of Illinois isn't too bad off.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Do we trust Chicago's numbers any more than we trust New York City's numbers, or is this just another case in a loooong list of cases where Chicago and New York City do absurd things just to one-up each other?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Whipped into a frenzy...by the media, the politicians, and certainly the public health experts.

This woman is a teacher in New Jersey. The teenagers she was yelling at were simply in a park tossing around a ball.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/hN9FbzfQf8s

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That women is bat shit crazy.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that bitch is a teacher, then she's a perfect example of all that is wrong with public education. I give them credit for not telling her to go fuck off, but I would forward it to her school administration with a strong complaint.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Talk to my kids like that and you'll be feeding Wu's pigs.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'd love for some woman to go off on me like that, I'd have a word or three for her.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post