SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Watch and judge for yourself.

https://open.spotify.com/episo...CsueX2bZdbEzRtKOCEyT

I listened to the entire interview and found it well worth the time.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just walked out of O'Reilly's. Wasn't in the mood for the bullshit this manager troll behind the counter gave me about not wearing a mask. She got snotty when I put the one they gave me on my head, party hat style, so I walked out and told her I'd just buy my wiper blades on Amazon. Saved a good chunk of change, too. I guess I can understand it, she was definitely in the high risk category.

Was in the post office just before that, federal property, and they didn't say anything to the customers not wearing masks. Imagine that.

People wear masks under their chin and they don't catch a sideways glimpse. Put it on top of your head, where it's no different, and people lose their minds.

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Just walked out of O'Reilly's. Wasn't in the mood for the bullshit this manager troll behind the counter gave me about not wearing a mask. She got snotty when I put the one they gave me on my head, party hat style, so I walked out and told her I'd just buy my wiper blades on Amazon. Saved a good chunk of change, too. I guess I can understand it, she was definitely in the high risk category.

Was in the post office just before that, federal property, and they didn't say anything to the customers not wearing masks. Imagine that.

People wear masks under their chin and they don't catch a sideways glimpse. Put it on top of your head, where it's no different, and people lose their minds.

I guess those decisions are up to the local managers. I go to O'Reillys all the time for stuff and no one, customers or employees, wears a mask. They haven't for well over a year now.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I posed this in another thread but i dont want to pollute it anymore. So re-posing here

One one hand, it sounds like variants can be severe (delta) or mild (omicron). On the other hand, it also sounds like one can catch any variant and have either a mild or severe case.

Conceptually, i get that it depends on one’s immune system. Is that it? Or are there rough probabilities of:

1) getting delta with mild symptoms
2) getting omicron with severe symptoms
3) if one has omicron with severe symptoms, is it much worse with delta? Or could they have a mild case of delta?
4) if one has delta with mild symptoms, is it much milder with omicron? Or could this person have a severe case of omicron?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12720 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Per Dr. John Campbell, omicron antibodies protect against omicron and delta, but delta antibodies don't protect against omicron. You get a mild case of omicron, and you're golden.

And I suspect that's where I am.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I guess those decisions are up to the local managers. I go to O'Reillys all the time for stuff and no one, customers or employees, wears a mask. They haven't for well over a year now.

Yeah. I went to O’Reillys and bought Heet tonight. The two clerks weren’t even wearing masks.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Yeah. I went to O’Reillys and bought Heet tonight. The two clerks weren’t even wearing masks.

Oh, I don't doubt that most things are more reasonable where you guys live and this is purely symptomatic of the local lefty koolaid guzzling. It's not the chain, company policies do or don't get enforced by the people staffing the location. As a result, I won't be spending any further money at this particular one.

I'd rather be living where either of you guys live, count on it.

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
chellim1 & bryan11, Is this the video censored as shown in your post, removed from YouTube?

Posting from Rumble dot com.
Embeddable Player: IFRAME
Copy <iframe class…..
Select SIGforum movie clip icon
Paste between [FLASH_VIDEO]

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Per Dr. John Campbell, omicron antibodies protect against omicron and delta, but delta antibodies don't protect against omicron. You get a mild case of omicron, and you're golden.

The substack link I posted about omicron genomics suggests it was bio-engineered and released after the original, perhaps intended to be just that...a more virulent but mild way to provide broad immunity.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too, though my rapid test was negative. Never received PCR results. Not that any test is completely trustworthy. My main complaint is that I'm now at day 16 of my ill feelings. Nothing terrible, but very consistent. A couple of nights of high fever was the worst, but persistent cough and fatigue. I'm continuing to push Vit D3, C and zinc, fluids and getting more rest than I have in years. I'm ready to be well again.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this the video censored as shown in your post, removed from YouTube?

Yep. YouTube took it down. Misinformation, don't you know? Dr. Malone is one of the foremost experts in his field. But if it doesn't fit the .gov/media narrative it must be censored.
Thanks for posting the Rumble link. They will never succeed in complete censorship as long as there are people willing to tell and seek the truth.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I was suspecting. They will be able to use this naturally occurring Omicron virus like an attenuated live vaccine, much like FluMist.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
They will be able to use this naturally occurring Omicron virus

there's little "naturally occurring" about Omicron (genomic map of it it in red).

Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I don't have the training or experience in the field to understand how that mutational branch tree would determine if it's naturally occurring or not. Antigenic drift and shift is normal in viruses, and it has been seen for many decades in other situations like influenza...

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Can someone explain why that graph shows it isn't naturally occurring?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just an engineer, but my read is that for the original strain to reach Omicron's genome, it would have had to mutate 25x, where all of the current strains are still around 5-10 mutations.

Peter

Posts: 94 | Location: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: September 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I posted the link and reading and cliff notes like four pages ago.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
back up
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
This is a long but good read: https://bprice.substack.com/p/lab-leak-20

cliff notes; omicron appears to be a separate branch, possible second lab leak. Or, could be an (intentional) antidote of sorts to Delta (i.e. conferring natural immunity).

quote:
First, look at the phylogenetic tree (it’s basically a family tree for viruses). This image comes from an article in Science, which in turn got it from nextstrain.org:

The x-axis shows time, with earlier times on the left of the graph, later times on the right. The y-axis shows how mutated the viruses are, compared to the original SARS-CoV-2 and to each other. Notice how over time, with natural mutations occurring, the original SARS-CoV-2 has gradually gotten more diverse. You can see delta variants there (in green) nested in what looks like a naturally expanding variety of viruses over time. That’s the main “wedge shape” you see, and it’s what you’d expect to see.

But then look at omicron. It’s the red cluster in the upper right. It’s very, very different. It’s way off the “natural” family tree of descendants of the original SARS-CoV-2. What’s more, if you trace its “stalk” back (i.e., if you look where it branched off from the “family tree”), you see it sprang from an “ancestor” from sometime in Spring 2020.

So, how did that happen? How did it suddenly appear in November 2021, when its “forefather” was a version of the virus that was common in mid-2020?

And where is all the natural variation in between? Why is it not like the other variants, nested in that natural-looking spreading set of gradually mutating descendants?

One parsimonious hypothesis is that some engineering has been done to it, in order to make its evolution look so unnatural. I have not heard another parsimonious hypothesis.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Milestone - Page 1000...Are we there yet? I am SO ready for this to be over!

Happy Insurrection Day! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It really irritates me when I see story after story from American “media” outlets claiming we may never know the origin.

Bullshit. It is exceedingly foolish to think the entire world can change totally for the worse and people are not going to demand to know why and how exactly this happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post