SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Do we have more data on this now?
1. All things being equal, who is more likely to get covid again, person with natural immunity or person with the shot who subsequently caught covid? Equal chances?
2. All things being equal, which person will likely have a more severe case? Equal severity? Or person who had shots?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^ This DEFINITELY needs to be embedded... Wink

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R7KFjB51p7o" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This is on point. LETS GO BRANDON.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
1. All things being equal, who is more likely to get covid again, person with natural immunity or person with the shot who subsequently caught covid? Equal chances?
2. All things being equal, which person will likely have a more severe case? Equal severity? Or person who had shots?

I suspect that someone that has recovered from Covid has natural immunity that trumps the “vaccine” because you have developed natural antibodies that attack and destroy the virus before it can even get going. As to your second question, I can only speak from a small sample of personal experience- my brother in law who is fully “vaccinated” with a booster, recently got the wuflu (booster was well under 6 months ago) and his symptoms were almost identical to mine (I am not “vaccinated”). A co-worker who has the Pfizer double shot had less severe symptoms. It seems to depend on random chance which seems less than scientific to me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These people are utterly insane. Crazy bitch accosts some guy for not wearing a mask on a plane while he's trying to eat. FFS! Roll Eyes Crazy bitch was arrested by the Feds.

Happy now, you whackadoo woman?

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

I suspect that someone that has recovered from Covid has natural immunity that trumps the “vaccine” because you have developed natural antibodies that attack and destroy the virus before it can even get going. As to your second question, I can only speak from a small sample of personal experience- my brother in law who is fully “vaccinated” with a booster, recently got the wuflu (booster was well under 6 months ago) and his symptoms were almost identical to mine (I am not “vaccinated”). A co-worker who has the Pfizer double shot had less severe symptoms. It seems to depend on random chance which seems less than scientific to me.
What gearhounds noted with one additional comment. I have read nothing to date study or research wise that would shed any light on whether fully vaccinated people who recovered from Covid have more or less antibodies or immunity than unvaccinated people who recovered from Covid. The $100k question in my mind is....do the vaccines do anything to add to immunity (given how fast the vaccine anti-bodies fade), have no effect on it, or do they actually damage it. Something tells me Pfizer, Moderna, JJ, or the government, won't be chasing that answer for us.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I would think eventually there will be enough data that even if it completely destroys the narrative they will have their “journalists” move the goalposts or continue to deceive and spin how they were right all along.

They have not come close to admitting how badly their guy F&$@ed up the economy, purposefully put people out of work, drove up the cost of food and gas spectacularly and has more or less failed on every front.

Why should we expect any different behavior from the media on covid?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
These people are utterly insane. Crazy bitch accosts some guy for not wearing a mask on a plane while he's trying to eat. FFS! Roll Eyes Crazy bitch was arrested by the Feds.

Make no mistake, this wingnut is 100% to blame for what happened. That said, this behavior is a direct outcome of two years of bullshit being delivered daily by this government and their corrupt cohorts in the media. You twist and press on people like this hard enough and eventually they'll lose it like this woman did. If we don't find a way to force all this bullshit to an end before long, god knows how many more of these incidents will occur.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I REALLY wish people would stop calling this snake oil a "vaccine".

It is a gene therapy.

If it doesn't prevent people from getting or spreading Covid, what does it really do?

Do you think they would...Nah...Never mind. It couldn't be. Big Grin
You've got to admit, he does look a little like Doctor Evil.

Gene Editing - Klaus Schwab - Charlie Rose - 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWURQXVidcY

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I would think eventually there will be enough data that even if it completely destroys the narrative they will have their “journalists” move the goalposts or continue to deceive and spin how they were right all along.

They have not come close to admitting how badly their guy F&$@ed up the economy, purposefully put people out of work, drove up the cost of food and gas spectacularly and has more or less failed on every front.

Why should we expect any different behavior from the media on covid?

Yep...

They continue to demonize the "unvaccinated":

This was on Yahoo, originally in The New York Times. I won't post the whole thing, which goes on to point out that the "unvaccinated" tend to be younger, whiter and more Republican than those who have received the vaccine or are still considering one... Roll Eyes :

As Omicron Spreads and Cases Soar, the Unvaccinated Remain Defiant

CLEVELAND — As a fast-spreading new strain of the coronavirus swarms across the country, hospitals in Ohio running low on beds and staff recently took out a full-page newspaper advertisement pleading with unvaccinated Americans to finally get the shot. It read, simply, “Help.”

But in a suburban Ohio cafe, Jackie Rogers, 58, an accountant, offered an equally succinct response on behalf of unvaccinated America: “Never.” Big Grin

https://news.yahoo.com/omicron...nated-124543286.html

But...
This also happened at The New York Times:

A NY Times editor has died of a heart attack at 49, one day after receiving a Moderna Covid “booster” shot
Alex Berenson

Carlos Tejada was married and had two children; he spent his career at the Wall Street Journal before joining the Times in 2016.

https://alexberenson.substack....-of-a-heart/comments

Of course some will never see a connection to vaccine injury or a reason that some of us refused to take the jab.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fauci Admits Air Travel Vaccine Mandates Won't Make Flights Safer, Supports Them Anyway To Force More Vaccinations

https://nationalfile.com/fauci...-force-vaccinations/

Unpopular Biden regime medical advisor and frequent cable news guest Anthony Fauci has stated that he supports vaccine mandates for domestic air travel as method to pressure ordinary Americans into taking COVID shots, admitting that such a mandate would no nothing to actually make the flights safer.
“A vaccine requirement for a person getting on the plane is just another level of getting people to have a mechanism that would spur them to get vaccinated namely, you can’t get on a plane unless you’re vaccinated, which is just another way of getting requirements, whatever that might be,” Fauci declared.

“Anything that could get people more vaccinated would be welcome,” the TV personality continued.

Fauci continued, “But with regard to the spread of the virus in the country, I think if you look at wearing a mask and the filtration on planes, things are reasonably safe.”

“We want to make sure people keep their masks on,” the Biden medical advisor pontificated. “I think the idea of taking masks off, in my mind, is really not something we should even be considering.”

Fauci recently pushed for vaccinated people to stay away from unvaccinated and unboosted people at holiday Christmas parties, though it is unclear how many partygoers actually followed the unpopular NIH employee’s advice.

“As we get to the Christmas Holiday and the New Year’s [sic], would it be safe for individuals who are vaccinated, who are boosted, to get together with family in the setting of the home?”

“The answer to that is yes, an extra level of protection would be the testing,” said Fauci, suggesting families should exclude loved ones based on vaccination status and COVID-19 test results, or lack thereof.

He then stressed strongly that this is not the current guidance for large holiday gatherings, which could be plagued with unvaccinated attendees.

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:

Former NFL cheerleader and Playboy model

She is a real estate agent in CA/ Her voicemail is full Big Grin 310-430-0201

https://www.coldwellbanker.com...ty-Cornwall-7533223a

Former NFL cheerleader and Playboy model.

https://www.tikleak.com/Patty-...l-estate-agent-delta

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, across the border, Alberta Health Services is pleading with the "unimmunized" health workers it dismissed to come back to work and also pay for their own china-virus tests.

If I was one of those workers, I'd tell AHS to fuck off.

https://twitter.com/moen_tim/s.../1474164166176829449

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Fauci Says Domestic Travel Vaccination Rule Should Be Considered
Dec. 27, 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...onsidered/ar-AASbcTj

MSM keeps ramping up the fear.
Don't be surprised if we see vaccine passport requirements for interstate travel in the coming days/weeks/months. Imagine not being able to go to another state unless you have been fully vaccinated. This is the direction we're headed.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

If I was one of those workers, I'd tell AHS to fuck off.

You know it.

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
Don't know what Biden is up to but I don't trust him.

Biden reverses course, declares COVID must be solved by states and not feds

President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic but then Delta and omicron variants proved him wrong.

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

President Joe Biden campaigned for months that a robust federal response could vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic, but he reversed course Monday by telling the nation's governors that states are likely to be more successfully tailoring solutions for their citizens.

"There is no federal solution. This gets solved at the state level," Biden declared during a call with the National Governors Association.

The president's response was a marked shift for America's 46th president, who campaigned last year that federal government under his direction could conquer the virus and who boasted just days ago that "federal emergency medical teams are ready to respond to surges nationwide."

Biden's declaration in July that the pandemic had been defeated was premature, as the Delta and omicron variants felled the nation in two successive waves.

The president's comments came after Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, the head of the NGA, urged Biden to keep the federal government from interfering with state innovations in the fight against the pandemic.

One word of concern or encouragement for your team is that as you look towards federal solutions that will help alleviate the challenge, make sure that we do not let federal solutions stand in the way of state solutions," Hutchinson said. "The production of 500 million rapid tests that will be distributed by the federal government is great, but obviously that dries up the supply chain for the solutions that we might offer as governor."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:

Former NFL cheerleader and Playboy model

She is a real estate agent in CA/ Her voicemail is full Big Grin 310-430-0201

https://www.coldwellbanker.com...ty-Cornwall-7533223a

Former NFL cheerleader and Playboy model.

https://www.tikleak.com/Patty-...l-estate-agent-delta

Curious if the FBI will actually do anything to her. My guess is no - but I would still file suit in civil court if I were that older gentleman.

What's equally as amazing is that this Karen has not had her teeth knocked down her throat yet?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ gotta lay low until the mid-terms

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
^^^ gotta lay low until the mid-terms

BigSwede, not sure I agree with that strategy. In the past - perhaps yes. But it's different this time and I don't think time is something we have a lot of right now in regards to trying to right this ship. Not saying I have any magical solutions to fix this mess - but we have to try and at least hold some ground here.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Curious if the FBI will actually do anything to her. My guess is no - but I would still file suit in civil court if I were that older gentleman.

She committed a federal crime. There will be legal consequences for her, I have no doubt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Gun laws are mostly about politicians making up shit as they go. The laws make no sense and have no relation to their stated objective.

Imagine if the government started applying that same irrationality to laws based on the shots and boosters. What type of world would it be? When will rational thought and behavior be against the law?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post