SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
parabellum, your symptoms mirror mine nearly exactly. I had (have?) the Wu Flu, as determined by a rapid test and confirmed by a PCR test.

W/in the first twenty-four hours I did run a slight fever, 102°F, but so mild and so briefly that, had I not had one of those forehead thermometers making it easy to check regularly, it probably would've come and gone w/o my having noticed.

My symptoms were light like yours.Positive with a rapid test on day 5.Slight fever (no more than 100.5) on day 5-7. Loss of taste and smell days 7-10. Ive had worse head colds. I have been following FLCCC guidelines for immune building. Felt back to normal after about 15 days.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Let me get in line.

On Monday I started to get a ticklish cough. It continued into Tuesday when I also started to feel head congestion and fatigue....possibly a feverish feeling. After a shower, I felt surprisingly better. The cough feeling continued.

Wednesday was more of the same, but even milder symptoms.

Thursday and today an extension of the prior days. I really feel fine except for an occasional cough and mild head congestion. I did notice on Thursday, my sense of taste went away. Everything I've eaten today has no taste. I was particularly surprised at the spicy (guessing) shrimp cocktail sauce....just a slight tangy sense.

I have not taken a test yet, but asked last night at Walgreens if their test included results of the omicron variant. They didn't know.

So, where should I get a test. If I do indeed have omicron and this is as bad as it gets, I'll be happy to have the antibodies.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
So, where should I get a test.

We got ours at a nearby urgent care facility. We got both rapid tests--for rapid results, and a PCR--for more reliable results. In both our cases the PCR test confirmed the results of the rapid test.

They told us that neither the rapid test nor the PCR will tell what variant of the Wu Flu we got, just whether or not we had it.

quote:
If I do indeed have omicron and this is as bad as it gets, I'll be happy to have the antibodies.

There's no way to know. From all I've read, days 5-10 are the "danger zone," where, if it's going to cause serious problems in the lungs, that's when it gets going.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

They told us that neither the rapid test nor the PCR will tell what variant of the Wu Flu we got, just whether or not we had it.

That makes no sense to me. Then how does it distinguish between a run of the mill common cold coronavirus?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That makes no sense to me. Then how does it distinguish between a run of the mill common cold coronavirus?

I've no clue. All I can do is relate what they told me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh my God...

How can I protect a child too young for a COVID-19 vaccine?

Children younger than 5 can’t get COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. yet, but there are steps you can take to protect them from infection over the holidays.

"Surround them with adults and siblings who are vaccinated, boosted if eligible,” advises Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

She also encourages taking COVID-19 home tests before gatherings.

The CDC recommends that anyone who's not vaccinated – including children ages 2 and older – wear masks indoors in public. If your child is younger than 2 — or cannot wear a mask for other reasons — the agency suggests limiting visits with unvaccinated people. And it says to keep a distance between the child and others in public places.

Adults might also opt to wear a mask indoors in public to set an example for young children, the CDC says. But in virus hot spots, it says everyone should wear masks in those settings, regardless of whether they’re vaccinated.

Matthew Binnicker, an expert in viral infections at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, says it might be a good idea to have everyone masked at family gatherings if unvaccinated children are present, since there’s still a chance vaccinated adults can spread the virus.

He also suggests limiting gatherings to 10 people or less.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, says family get-togethers shouldn't be confused with “parties with 30, 40, 50 people” where you don't know who is vaccinated.

“Those are the kind of functions -- in the context of COVID and particularly in the context of omicron -- that you do not want to go to," he says.

In the U.S., children ages 5 to 11 can get kid-size doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine. The company is testing an even smaller dose for babies and preschoolers.

https://news.yahoo.com/protect...covid-135601855.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Children younger than 5 can’t get COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. yet, but there are steps you can take to protect them from infection over the holidays.

"Surround them with adults and siblings who are vaccinated, boosted if eligible,” advises Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Imbecile... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

Imbecile... Roll Eyes

So they admit walls work? How many vaccinated people do we need to surround them with before it's effective and starts neutralizing the virus?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Monday I started to get a ticklish cough.
Ah, yes. I neglected to mention that I did have what is referred to as a "dry, non-productive cough." Very mild. A couple of coughs and it was gone for a while. No extended hacking. It lasted for a couple of weeks. It's gone now. Throughout this weirdness, I've not had any respiratory difficulties.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I had almost completely lost my sense of taste and smell. The loss of sense of smell, I would expect of course when my sinuses were plugged, but I never got stopped up.

Same type of response as my brother, he felt fine but lost his sense of taste. Got checked. Covid. Couple of days and a few shots of Vitamin D and was back to normal.

The loss of taste seems to be the unique symptom.

Posts: 1082 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a cold too, the past week and some.

I will not give those bastards the satisfaction of taking a test and being one of their bullshit numbers. This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

No offense meant to anyone here. But they can kiss my ass.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So that's how people catch covid...
from kissing ass.

Ha!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't or can't.

https://americasfrontlinedocto...pport-for-pcr-tests/

I searched using Qwant.

If you search using Google, you'll get all kinds of links to why it's not withdrawn.

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I’ve had a cold too, the past week and some.

I will not give those bastards the satisfaction of taking a test and being one of their bullshit numbers. This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

No offense meant to anyone here. But they can kiss my ass.

My exact policy. I had covid 19. I may have omicron right now. They'll never know.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Woman asks pharmacist for the "vaccine" package inserts... Check his reaction

https://brandnewtube.com/v/Nsf7I8

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By publishing that video, she's jeopardizing the man's job.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Woman asks pharmacist for the "vaccine" package inserts... Check his reaction.
Look, he's likely being hammered the same way nurses and doctors are being hammered from above to just get it done. This whole BS game is build on extortion and coercion at this point. The people hanging from trees on the capital lawn for what they've done are way further up the feeding chain than this pharmacist.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Seems the Washington Attorney General, Bob "Sideshow" Ferguson has got the 'Rona even though he's been vaccinified and all that.

Good, I hope it hurts, and he's one of the lucky winners that gets to choke to death in the ICU.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17085 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Woman asks pharmacist for the "vaccine" package inserts... Check his reaction.
Look, he's likely being hammered the same way nurses and doctors are being hammered from above to just get it done. This whole BS game is build on extortion and coercion at this point. The people hanging from trees on the capital lawn for what they've done are way further up the feeding chain than this pharmacist.

Giving this guy a pass is a slap in the face to everyone who have stood up to these bastards. We have members here who have been fired/quit/retired because they refuse to go along with this madness. He was made to feel uncomfortable because he knew he was wrong. His ASS and everyone like him need to be held accountable and exposed. As a pharmacist, he knows better.

As more and more people give in, the ones that refuse to go along with this BS are being put in a very bad situation. Some of us WILL NOT comply with any attempts to vaccinate inject and will NOT be forced into any Government Detention for our safety. I hope and pray it never comes to that like it has in some countries. I also hope to never see posts defending the bottom of the food chain thugs that put Grandma in the back of the FEMA truck because they were just doing their jobs.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soon after they started distributing the vaccines a nurse posted a video of herself opening a sealed box of the Pfizer vaccine and then went on to show that the insert was completely blank.

It’s no wonder that the pharms have been granted almost a century to reveal the entirety of their development, testing and mfg. process, and a full disclosure of the secret brew.

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post