SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
It’s all about the vaccine. Makes you wonder if Hunter is getting a commission.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Have you all noticed that all this talk of "herd immunity" from the powers-that-be has stopped?

They went from saying that 50% or 60% of the population would have to be vaccinated or get Covid and recover and then proceeded to gradually and sneakily up those numbers until it was around 90% but I realized there has been little talk of herd immunity now for months.

Why is that?

Because politicians cannot buy "herd immunity" stock Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
President Potato repeatedly calling Omicron "Omnicron" in a press conference today...

Brings to mind Shelby the Swamp Man finding an "on-duh-klondike" (Adirondack) chair, at :30 --

"You know, the THING! Mad "

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
And another federal court rules against another Biden vaccine mandate - this time for health-care workers Wink
Alex Berenson

https://alexberenson.substack....les-against/comments

“Plaintiffs are likely to succeed in establishing that the CMS vaccine mandate is arbitrary and capricious.”

Those are the words of federal Judge Matthew T. Schelp of the Eastern District of Missouri in a 32-page opinion devastating the Biden Adminstration’s effort to force health-care workers to be vaccinated.

Today’s ruling, in a lawsuit brought by Missouri and other states, issues a preliminary injunction against the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services mandate.

The CMS mandate now joins Biden’s broader OSHA mandate on the chopping block. For now, it applies only in the 10 states that brought the lawsuit, including Iowa, Missouri, and New Hampshire.

https://themissouritimes.com/w...1/cms-injunction.pdf

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jiminy Cricket, could these assholes be any more obvious? Do they really think we can't see them standing there naked?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The original “vaccine” isn’t going to provide any protection against the latest variant as the new variant doesn’t have spikes (like the original did)

Anyone recommending “another booster” is an idiot.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I think we should all get the needles permanently attached to our bodies.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israeli minister: Sanction those who do not take COVID vaccine

https://www.jpost.com/israel-n...covid-vaccine-687276

Cohen said he would support measures including potentially partial lockdowns or fines, saying that unvaccinated people “endanger others.”

An Israeli minister has said that he will support slapping sanctions on anyone who refuses to take a COVID-19 vaccine, similar to moves being made in Austria and Germany.
“I strongly support imposing sanctions on the non-vaccinated,” Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services Minister Meir Cohen said in an interview on Israel’s morning news. “The moment will come when we have to raise the level of sanctions. If we reach a situation where we have to make such a decision, I will support [the sanctions].”

To date, there are around 600,000 eligible Israelis who have still not received their first shot and about a million others who have not yet gotten a booster. The majority of patients in serious condition in Israel’s hospitals are unvaccinated. Some 50% of new daily cases are children and most of the rest are people who have either not been inoculated or are no longer fully vaccinated.

More at link

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
"No longer fully vaccinated."

I've said this before, but it just keeps bearing out. I never thought I'd actually be living in a Kafkaesque world.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Permanent "vaccine" ports with refillable, automatic "vaccine" injectors.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Jiminy Cricket, could these assholes be any more obvious? Do they really think we can't see them standing there naked?

No worries BH. The long-term 1 1/2 day study and Mr. Almighty Science himself says it’s perfectly safe!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Omnicron is one of the Transformers, right?

I thought it was the book Ash was after in The Evil Dead??

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
And just when you think the insanity can't get any worse...

German euthanasia clinics refusing unvaccinated customers

https://www.spectator.co.uk/ar...vaccinated-customers

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
An anagram of "omicron" is "moronic."

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Permanent "vaccine" ports with refillable, automatic "vaccine" injectors.

Actually, if we all had an IV setup, there would be no further need of more injections. Just go to a clinic and get a "fill up" when the government tells you to.

It could work. Razz

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
The original “vaccine” isn’t going to provide any protection against the latest variant as the new variant doesn’t have spikes (like the original did)

Anyone recommending “another booster” is an idiot.

This variant is not going to be stopped by the old shots. The stupid is STRONG.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gov. Baker: QR code vaccine passport coming soon

Gov. Charlie Baker expects a state-sanctioned COVID-19 vaccination passport program to be implemented in Massachusetts and several other states soon.

During an appearance on GBH News' Boston Public Radio, Baker said a scannable quick response code, commonly known as a QR code, would show a person's vaccination status and be made available for others to scan and verify.

"It's a universal standard and we've been working with a bunch of other states, there's probably 15 or 20 of them, to try to create a single QR code that can be used for all sorts of things where people may choose to require a vaccine," Baker said of the passport program.

Baker showed hosts Margery Eagan and Jim Braude his code while in the GBH’s studios in Brighton.

"It's my proof that I've been vaccinated," he said.

Last week, new Boston Mayor Michelle Wu hinted that the city may implement a vaccine mandate for indoor recreation areas.

Baker defended the availability of COVID booster shots in the state, saying Massachusetts is providing around 55,000 total vaccination shots per day, including boosters, and has administered around 1 million booster shots. Baker compared that figure to the 80,000 doses the state was outputting last spring at the height of the vaccination push with the help of mass vaccination centers.

Baker said booster vaccines are available, but may not be in the most convenient locations for everyone.

"Now, they may not be in the place somebody wants to go to get one. And it may be a week or 10 days out or two weeks out before they can get one. But given the fact that we have far more demand now that we had a couple of weeks ago, we're going to see if we can increase our capacity to do more," Baker said.

When the conversation turned to politics, Baker once again told Braude that he's close to deciding whether to run for a third term, and that if he does, it will likely be as a Republican.

Braude told the governor that he assumes if Baker runs again, he "will run as a Republican or won't run at all."

"I think that's a reasonable assumption to make," Baker replied.

A Democrat-funded poll earlier this month found that Baker could face stiff competition in next year's Republican primary against the more conservative, Trump-aligned candidate former Whitman Rep. Geoff Diehl.

Baker said he doesn't sit around and think to himself about if he can win a race.

"To me, the question always comes back to what I said to you before, which is do I have the will, the desire and the agenda that I believe would be in the state's best interest, and the energy and the commitment to follow through and deliver on it," Baker said.

Asked about Maine's recent rejection of plan Baker favors to locate a power transmission line from Quebec to the United States to transmit hydroelectricity, the governor said he's having conversations with utilities and the province of Quebec over what to do to salvage the plan.

"We're still working on it with CMB, Central Maine Power and the folks in Quebec," Baker said.

Baker said the ballot question passed by Maine voters rejecting the transmission line through woodlands raises "an important legal question" about whether major projects, already approved by state governments, can be subject to changes made by voters.

Link

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How will people be scanned? Implanted microchips?
quote:
During an appearance on GBH News' Boston Public Radio, Baker said a scannable quick response code, commonly known as a QR code, would show a person's vaccination status and be made available for others to scan and verify.

High-tech version of these:

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Measles, maybe THE most communicable virus known to man, can be passed by breathing the air in a room that someone infected has previously breathed, long after the infected has left the room, is considered to have reached herd immunity when 90% of the population is immune. It has an R0 of 20.

There is no way COVID, with an R0 of around 3, needs 90% of the population immune to get to herd immunity.

Now this Omicron variant has a higher R0, but it’s defining symptoms are a mild cough and being tired. That’s it. It looks like it finally evolved into a form that doesn’t kill the host, hopefully it will spread to the rest of the world and out compete the earlier forms.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Isn't it weird that with all the supply chain problems the world is having, they're having no problems coming up with the ingredients to make the vaccine as well as get it deployed globally?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post