SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gov. Kathy Hochul NY orders halt on elective surgery amid COVID spike, Omicron

https://nypost.com/2021/11/26/...covid-spike-omicron/

Here we go again.

Gov. Kathy Hochul signed an executive order Friday to postpone elective hospital surgeries — something that hasn’t been done since the worst of the initial coronavirus outbreak last year.

Hochul said she made the move to deal with staffing shortages and boost bed capacity amid an anticipated “spike” in new cases and the emergence of the new Omicron variant in South Africa. The strain is named after a letter of the Greek alphabet.

“We’ve taken extraordinary action to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and combat this pandemic. However, we continue to see warning signs of spikes this upcoming winter, and while the new Omicron variant has yet to be detected in New York State, it’s coming,” Hochul said.

more at link

Posts: 12655 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
New York Declares State Of Emergency To Hike Hospital Capacity Ahead Of Omicron Variant

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...c690e4b0451e5507a12b

No word on all of the people they’ve fired…

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
These people honestly think they can keep the hysteria going...now, droopy diaper is really going to lose his patience with us!!!

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see what Frau Whitler does. On the one hand I'm sure she'll be itching to crack down again. OTOH she doesn't want to fuel the petition going around to prevent her from doing it again.

Decisions, decisions...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It'll be interesting to see what Frau Whitler does. On the one hand I'm sure she'll be itching to crack down again.

She was spotted this week wearing a Monocle. You're screwed, ensigmatic. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Gov. Kathy Hochul signed an executive order Friday to postpone elective hospital surgeries — something that hasn’t been done since the worst of the initial coronavirus outbreak last year.
Maybe I'm off on a tangent again, but where does this nitwit get the power to dictate medical treatments? I could see her and her office pressuring hospital administrators to make this decision, but how does she, a non-medical person, get to dictate anything to hospitals regarding who they treat?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The powers that be are determined by hook and by crook to keep the fear and panic going and to keep people divided, angry at each other and isolated…literally THE DAY the Christmas season officially kicks off.

It’s not gonna work, you statist pricks. Mad

Of note: The 4 cases of new variant identified in Botswana were incidentally detected in well people tested before air travel, and South African Medical Association chief said - so far - symptoms seen are "mostly mild symptoms, and we haven’t seen a spike in hospital admissions."

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Three US Automakers Agree To Not Mandate Vaccines For UAW Union Members

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...es-uaw-union-members

Ford, General Motors and Stellantis have agreed the United Auto Workers union members will not be forced to take the mandatory vaccine as a condition of employment.

Additionally, the vaccine status of the workers will remain private with a policy of private and voluntary disclosure.

UAW – At a meeting Monday evening, the COVID-19 Joint Task Force, comprised of the UAW, Ford, General Motors and Stellantis, has aligned on a policy of voluntary and confidential disclosure of vaccination status for UAW members. Each company will provide additional communication to employees on how, where and when to report their vaccination status.

In addition to encouraging members to disclose their vaccination status, the Task Force continues to urge all members, coworkers, and their families to get vaccinated and get booster vaccinations against COVID-19, while understanding that there are personal reasons that may prevent some members from being vaccinated, such as health issues or religious beliefs.

After reviewing the status of CDC and OSHA guidelines, the Task Force also decided it is in the best interest of worker safety to continue masks in all worksites at this time. (read more)

This helps swing the pendulum back toward the American worker.

Posts: 12655 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way the new/old African variant becomes a problem here is if we buy into this bullshit.

Or should we call it the Xi variant since they skipped the variant designation order.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So what do you think is more important to an automaker:

1) 10 ppl from the "paint design team" being out for 2 weeks?

2) 10 ppl from the "engine installation team" being out for 2 weeks.

Think about it...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
The past few weeks, have noticed more and sheeple driving alone wearing masks, the most notable being an amazon semi driver all masked up alone.

Yesterday, we were out black friday shopping and saw something had not seen for a good while; a sheeple wearing TWO masks... Roll Eyes

Regardless, it's escalated around here, including a fellow bicycling along Telegraph Road by himself and any number of sheeple crossing the road at stop lights.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
... an amazon semi driver all masked up alone.

Some employers are requiring employees who don't want to get the shot to wear two mask instead of the mandatory one mask.

The rules do not distinguish between if the employee works in a cell phone store or fixes the bulb on the top of the tower.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It may very well have been the case he was required to wear the mask while driving the semi alone. Regardless, it was quite something to see.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
It may very well have been the case he was required to wear the mask while driving the semi alone. Regardless, it was quite something to see.

I remember seeing something about this a few weeks ago.

Amazon is installing high-tech cameras inside supplier-owned delivery vehicles. Workers say the cameras are a shocking invasion of privacy as well as a safety hazard.

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/08...-worker-surveillance

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon is installing high-tech cameras inside supplier-owned delivery vehicles. Workers say the cameras are a shocking invasion of privacy as well as a safety hazard.

I would say F-off. If it was my truck I wouldn’t accept those terms.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I agree. These folks have lost their minds for allowing this.

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
Here are some folks who have made COVID a profitable venture:
www.vaulthealth.com
From what I can research, one of their COVID tests costs 120 bucks.
And they claim to have provided 10 million tests.
Out of chaos comes opportunity. Vault appears to be all in on managing mandated testing for their clients.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
You can go into Walgreens and buy a double test kit like I did for $23. Plenty accurate. There is no reason on earth a Covid test should cost north of $100. But like the “vaccines”, they’re “free” for everyone, right? Roll Eyes

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15555 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
These companies are completely captive to Amazon. They have no other customers. If they don't play by Amazon's rules, they get cut off, and they go under.

So, no, they're not going to tell Amazon to fuck off. And there are a lot of workers in similar positions.

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post