SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You’re probably right about Amazons stipulations but I would never own or work for such a company. With only one customer you practically invite this sort of thing.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ My recently deceased best friend was a fuel delivery driver for the largest truck stop operator in the USA.

Not only was there a camera in the truck, there were actually 2, at least.

One camera was aimed forward to show what was happening in front of the rig, such as a possible accident or whatever.

Another camera was aimed directly at the drivers face. Read that again, aimed at the drivers face.

To top it all off, there was also a microphone that recorded everything that was said.

Not only were you video recorded, anything and everything you said was recorded.

All of these things were continuously sent from the truck to a collection location where they were archived and listened to. Trigger words brought quick attention.

His very first objection was about his personal privacy. He often made phone calls to his doctor, bank, financial advisor, etc etc etc.
He was told that the listing location (India I think) was totally trustworthy and for him not to worry about it.

Yeah. Pretty sobering, huh.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Nineteen
Eighty
Four...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all have choices to make when selecting an employer/vocation.

Plenty of places to make a living as a professional driver right now where one call tell their employer what the rules will be and how much they will be paid.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Alex Berenson’s take on NY:

New York declares a health-care state of emergency over a Covid variant that doesn’t exist in the state
Guess what’s actually causing the crisis? Hint: it rhymes with “vaccine schmandate.”

Now this is a lie so brazen even Andrew Cuomo might hesitate to tell it.

New York’s new and unimproved governor, Kathy Hochul, last seen telling you to Get Vaxxed For Jesus (I kid you not), has now declared a “state of emergency” that will allow Health Department bureaucrats to block “non-urgent” medical procedures at hospitals. Because who needs a colonoscopy, anyway?

Hochul says the Xi - I mean Omicron, definitely not Xi! - variant is behind the emergency.

https://alexberenson.substack....-a-health-care-state

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Oh...I'm sure our Harris County "Judge", the immature, ignorant, moronic, Leftist Progressive, Lena Hildago would try to one-up Hochul if she could. Thank the good Lord Gov. Abbott has pretty much put the kibosh on what that idiot has control to do with respect to the Scamdemic.

BTW...that position, though entitled with "Judge", has ZERO requirement to know the law in any form, depth, or fashion. It's just the Texas historical name given that position from way back when. I personally wish they would change the title to eliminate the term "Judge".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Scamdemic.

BTW...that position, though entitled with "Judge", has ZERO requirement to know the law in any form, depth, or fashion. It's just the Texas historical name given that position from way back when. I personally wish they would change the title to eliminate the term "Judge".

^^ I like the term. Smile

She is not the "judge" she is the "Kommindante" [/Michael Berry]

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

"A great reason to get vaccinated." Scamdemic, indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
White Smoke Emanates From Wuhan Lab Chimney Signaling A New Variant Has Been Named

WUHAN—Thousands gathered outside the Wuhan Institute of Virology with faces of anxious anticipation over the weekend, as rumors had been circulating that a new COVID-19 variant would soon be named. The hopeful pilgrims' hours of waiting were not in vain. Cheers erupted as white smoke began pouring out of the chimney early Sunday morning, signaling the creation and naming of a new COVID-19 variant.

"It was a lively debate," said one source from inside the Wuhan lab. "Yuhang suggested we just keep following the Greek alphabet and name it Xi. We haven't heard from him in a few days, come to think of it."

"Nu" was also floated as a possibility, but scientists wanted to avoid the stigma of being associated with nu-metal, generally acknowledged as the worst musical genre on the planet. One guy kept wanting to call it "The One-Der Variant" but this was confusing as everyone kept pronouncing it as Oh-NEE-der instead of Wonder. Finally, there was a last-ditch effort to name it the Trump variant, but this was finally defeated in favor of the safer "Omicron variant" according to sources within the lab.

After the celebration died down, the pilgrims shuffled away, their faces full of cheer. But they'll be back in a few weeks for the next one.

https://babylonbee.com/news/wh...riant-has-been-named

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Coming to a State near you?

Officials in Mississippi say a new digital identification program will be available in the state as early as next month. The mobile ID can contain the user’s driver’s license and coronavirus vaccination card.

"He says “From a law enforcement perspective, it will allow a law enforcement officer approaching the car to interact via Bluetooth with that phone so that they can know exactly who they’re dealing with before they even get to the car. And I think that’s a great feature for law enforcement, and it would be able to be utilized for any lawful purchase that you could otherwise use a regular ID.”

https://www.mpbonline.org/blog...sippians-next-month/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Omicron Is "Extremely Mild" Says Doctor Who First Discovered Strain As Numerous Mutations "Destabilize" The Virus

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...n-numerous-mutations

Then this morning, the Pretoria doctor who first sounded the alarm about the new strain and who is a Covid-19 adviser to the South Africa government said that symptoms linked to the omicron coronavirus variant have been mild so far.

Contrary to the panicmongering unleashed by western mainstream median, Barry Schoub, chairman of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Vaccines, told Sky News on Sunday that while South Africa, which first identified the new variant, currently has 3,220 people with the coronavirus infection overall and while the variant does appear to be spreading rapidly, there’s been no real uptick in hospitalizations

more at link

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
As is the case when factual data begins rolling in from actual reputable scientific minds around the world such as Israel, England, etc, the charlatans here in the states will paint the mild variant as somehow to be greatly feared to ramp up the panic machine. Gotta sell those $100 dollar boosters and get those cut little needles in infant arms!

Fauci in fact says Americans should be prepared to do “anything and everything” to combat omicron. I swear, if I ever manage to somehow see this pos on the street, I won’t be able to control the urge to break his nose.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/...omicron-variant.html

Americans need to be prepared to do "anything and everything" to fight the omicron Covid variant, U.S. infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday.

Still, it's "too early to say" whether lockdowns or new mandates will be appropriate, Fauci said on ABC's "This Week."

The World Health Organization last week classified omicron as a "variant of concern," meaning it is more contagious, more virulent or more skilled at evading public health measures, vaccines and therapeutics.

The variant, first discovered in South Africa, has several mutations to the spike protein that allows the virus to enter the body, and some of those mutations could lead to increased antibody resistance and transmissibility.

The U.S. had already said it would restrict travel for non-U.S. citizens from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi. The variant has been found in the U.K., Israel, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Australia and Hong Kong, but not yet in the U.S.

"Inevitably, it will be here. The question is will we be prepared for it? If and when, and it's going to be when, it comes here hopefully we will be ready for it," Fauci added.

Fauci will be meeting Sunday with President Joe Biden and the Covid response team to discuss the variant and the administration's response, a White House official said.

Biotech companies have sprung into action to fight against omicron. Moderna's Chief Medical Officer Paul Burton said Sunday the vaccine maker could roll out a reformulated vaccine against the omicron coronavirus variant early next year. Although it's not clear whether new formulations will be needed or if current vaccines will provide appropriate protection.

Fauci said unvaccinated people should still get available Covid vaccinations, per the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"We just really need to, as I've said so often, prepare for the worst. And it may not be that we're going to have to go the route people are saying," Fauci told ABC. "We'll make decisions based on the science and evidence as we always do."

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A really mild variant of covid that spreads like wildfire might be nature's vaccine.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://www.omicron.com/

Soylent Green is people

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the new variant is much milder. And someone must have removed the letter "r".

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
A really mild variant of covid that spreads like wildfire might be nature's vaccine.

That's what I was thinking.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Evolutionarily speaking it makes sense for viruses to become less virulent. Killing your host isn’t the best strategy for replication and spreading.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the medical folks can explain how the same variant can show up on multiple continents at once. If there is only 1 path for mutation then whats the big concern?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para-
Can we start a Sig Forum "Coronavirus" Pool?

$50 for a square - what country the next variant comes from.

Another $50 for the week that the next variant comes out.

At least we can make some money off of this bullshit! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The leftists will have to really falsify numbers and ramp up "deaths" from this new COVID variant in order to get mail in voting again.

The way things look to be shaping up for the dems in November 22, they better hurry up. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post