SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-da...t_map_data_metro=all

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

He's moved on from murdering grandma to murdering the other 47 contiguous states. He's a mad man!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
A really mild variant of covid that spreads like wildfire might be nature's vaccine.

That's what I was thinking.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, however my understanding is that the current so-called vaccine only protects for the one variant, whereas Natural Immunity protects from the original and gives the body the ability to recognize and fight variants as many other parts of the original that is in the mutated variant has not changed, etc. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3091 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
A really mild variant of covid that spreads like wildfire might be nature's vaccine.

That's what I was thinking.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, however my understanding is that the current so-called vaccine only protects for the one variant, whereas Natural Immunity protects from the original and gives the body the ability to recognize and fight variants as many other parts of the original that is in the mutated variant has not changed, etc. God Bless Smile

Sometimes. It depends on what the mutation changed in the virus.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16634 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

You know, this isn't rocket science. As we move into the colder months, people in the states that see winter weather and much colder temperatures tend to spend more time indoors, while people in states like Florida spend more time outdoors where the weather is nice.

The opposite is true during the warmer summer months, where people in Florida and the South were probably spending more time indoors in air conditioned spaces. It's a story as old as time. Viruses spread easier indoors.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30904 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Viruses spread easier indoors.

While I agree with you: Viruses spread easier indoors... Don't be too quick to completely discount policy differences between Florida and other states. The rates of transmission dropped significantly in Florida even relative to other warm climate states.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
The rates of transmission dropped significantly in Florida even relative to other warm climate states.

And relative to Puerto Rico as well. Assuming that is Puerto Rico below Texas there.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
NIH Director Cannot Explain Why Florida Has Lowest COVID Infection Rate in Nation, Apparently The Result Defies The Acceptable Science

National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins appeared on Fox News today to push the panic button around the latest COVID variant, Omicron. Dr. Collins was pushing the vaccine hard as he explained why Americans need to be concerned about the latest variant.

Vaccines, and now double and triple booster shots, are the acceptable scientific approach to combating the arriving Omicron variant, which Collins’ protege Dr. Fauci has warned could lead to a new round of lockdowns, mask mandates and social distancing requirements from federal and state officials.

However, in the face of all the panic promotion, NIH Director Collins was asked to reconcile why Florida, the most open and free state in the nation – that does not have any COVID mandates in place, would also have the lowest infection rate in the country. Dr. Collins refused to answer the question, and instead repeated his rehearsed talking points.

It is very telling -in a weird way- how the NIH Director would not answer the question. In fact, he avoided it completely. WATCH (Prompted):

https://theconservativetreehou...science/#more-221031

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Have you all noticed that all this talk of "herd immunity" from the powers-that-be has stopped?

They went from saying that 50% or 60% of the population would have to be vaccinated or get Covid and recover and then proceeded to gradually and sneakily up those numbers until it was around 90% but I realized there has been little talk of herd immunity now for months.

Why is that?

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
They no longer care what the herd thinks.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Have you all noticed that all this talk of "herd immunity" from the powers-that-be has stopped?
Why is that?

I think you know the answer...
The evidence coming out of highly vaccinated places has proven that you cannot attain herd immunity from the vaccines.

-rduckwor

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

They went from saying that 50% or 60% of the population would have to be vaccinated or get Covid and recover ...

The number I always heard was 70%.

quote:
... there has been little talk of herd immunity now for months.

Why is that?

Gee, I wonder...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
President Potato repeatedly calling Omicron "Omnicron" in a press conference today, then that greasy little toad Fauchi comes up after he speaks and also calls it "Omnicron" so he doesn't make his brain-dead boss look bad Big Grin

Biden says Omicron variant WILL come to U.S. but is NOT a 'cause for panic': President says lockdowns and travel bans won't be necessary if Americans get vaccinated, booster shots and wear masks (after calling strain 'Omnicron'!)

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Omnicron is one of the Transformers, right?

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Omnicron is one of the Transformers, right?

I don't think so. Pretty sure Omicron said: Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
It’s all about the vaccine. Makes you wonder if Hunter is getting a commission.

Posts: 841 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

They went from saying that 50% or 60% of the population would have to be vaccinated or get Covid and recover and then proceeded to gradually and sneakily up those numbers until it was around 90% but I realized there has been little talk of herd immunity now for months.

Why is that?

Because politicians cannot buy "herd immunity" stock Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14151 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Potato repeatedly calling Omicron "Omnicron" in a press conference today...

Brings to mind Shelby the Swamp Man finding an "on-duh-klondike" (Adirondack) chair, at :30 --

"You know, the THING! Mad "

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
And another federal court rules against another Biden vaccine mandate - this time for health-care workers Wink
Alex Berenson

https://alexberenson.substack....les-against/comments

“Plaintiffs are likely to succeed in establishing that the CMS vaccine mandate is arbitrary and capricious.”

Those are the words of federal Judge Matthew T. Schelp of the Eastern District of Missouri in a 32-page opinion devastating the Biden Adminstration’s effort to force health-care workers to be vaccinated.

Today’s ruling, in a lawsuit brought by Missouri and other states, issues a preliminary injunction against the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services mandate.

The CMS mandate now joins Biden’s broader OSHA mandate on the chopping block. For now, it applies only in the 10 states that brought the lawsuit, including Iowa, Missouri, and New Hampshire.

https://themissouritimes.com/w...1/cms-injunction.pdf

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jiminy Cricket, could these assholes be any more obvious? Do they really think we can't see them standing there naked?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30904 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post