SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Macron’s Minority Government Defeated on Vaccine Passports

Humiliating setback met with wild cheering.

https://summit.news/2022/07/14...n-vaccine-passports/

French President Emmanuel Macron suffered a humiliating setback in parliament after his vaccine passport scheme was defeated.

Macron’s minority government wanted to extend the policy whereby anyone entering France has to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test.

However, the right-wing populist National Rally (RN), the hard-left La France Insoumise (LFI) and the right-wing Republicains (LR) all united to vote against the policy.

Macron’s government lost the vote by a margin of 219 votes to 195.

“The bill’s defeat was met with wild cheering and a standing ovation from opposition lawmakers, in footage that was widely circulated on social media,” reports the Telegraph.

https://twitter.com/EvaVlaar/s...vaccine-passports%2F

The bill was one of the first put to parliament by the new minority government, highlighting how Macron will find it incredibly difficult to get new laws passed in the country.

Elisabeth Borne, the French Prime Minister, condemned the vote.

“The situation is serious. By joining together to vote against the measures to protect the French against Covid, LFI, LR and RN prevent any border control against the virus. After the disbelief on this vote, I will fight so that the spirit of responsibility wins in the Senate,” she tweeted.

As we previously highlighted, the French Minister of Health admitted that vaccine passports are a “disguised” form of mandatory vaccines, despite President Macron claiming vaccine mandates “will not be compulsory.”

On the first day the new program was in place, police in Paris were visibly patrolling bars and cafes demanding customers show proof they’ve had the jab.

It later emerged that many businesses were refusing to enforce the scheme.

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meningitis it is.

Well ain't that a kick in the crotch.

Sorry to hear that.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I thought I had Covid this past Friday night.

I tested negative, but the subsequent CT scans and lumbar puncture cleared any question right up.

Meningitis it is.
Uhhhhh...WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!? Wow!! Get well soon!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
There was an unexpected 40% increase in 'all cause deaths' in 2021 - Three physician whistle-blowers have released real data from DOD, drawn from the clinical diagnosis codes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GXvV6Pybns

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24181 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Somehow after all the hoopla, I finally caught it. I partially work with the public in one of the original hot spots, and it took this long. Aside from the constant coughing and taste being off, it’s not even in my top 10 worst sicknesses.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

I tested negative, but the subsequent CT scans and lumbar puncture cleared any question right up.

Meningitis it is.

I’d MUCH rather have the wuflu than something truly as dangerous as meningitis.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In great news on military mandates, yesterday a federal judge in Ohio certified a national class action lawsuit against the Air Force, and issued a 2-week restraining order barring enforcement of the covid vaccine mandate against any airmen seeking religious exemptions.

The Court ordered the Air Force to file a memorandum by July 21st “identifying why this Court should not grant a class-wide preliminary injunction.“ The preliminary injunction is the one you want; it lasts for the entire case until a final decision. Because it’s now a class, the injunction applies to the entire Air Force and not just the individual plaintiffs.

We need more like this. Great job to all the attorneys who are working on the case.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24181 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meningitis it is.

Good lord !! I'm assuming you/they caught it earlier rather than later ? I understand that mess can get serious ..

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Now why on earth should a “vaccine” that targets a virus cause a side effect involving women’s reproductive organs? And to pass it off as just another “new normal” is a little scary.

Menstrual changes after Covid vaccines may be far more common than previously known

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna38348

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now why on earth should a “vaccine” that targets a virus cause a side effect involving women’s reproductive organs? And to pass it off as just another “new normal” is a little scary.

More from the article:

Individuals who took part in Covid vaccine trials were not asked if they experienced menstrual changes.

“Before the vaccinations came out, I would say our knowledge on the subject of the connection between immunization and menstrual changes, in general, was nil,” said Candace Tingen, a program director with the gynecologic health and disease branch of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Tingen was not involved in the recent survey.

Overall, few studies assess the direct effect of vaccination on the menstrual cycle, and most pharmaceutical trials have not included questions about changes to menstruation.

Tingen views this as a mistake. Perhaps, she said, if Covid-19 vaccine trials had asked about menstruation, people would not have been surprised — or frightened — by this unexpected side effect.

“It was really this lack of information that I think caused confusion, fear and perhaps vaccine hesitancy ,” she said.

Study co-author Katherine M.N. Lee said that overall, menstruation is understudied when it’s not relevant to pregnancy.

“It gets ignored because of the structure of science,” Lee, an assistant professor at Tulane University, said. “There are very few senior people in science and medicine who are not white men. It’s just not something they are thinking about as part of their lived experience.”

In separate, but not completely unrelated news:

Countries are starting to realize birth rates are dropping and there are more stillbirths.

...rats who were given the vaccine had a 15% lower reproductive capacity. This was very concerning to people at the time.

Of course, the CDC ignored this. On insufficient evidence, the CDC recommended that pregnant women get vaccinated.

Now we see the fruits of that advice popping up in multiple countries where the birth rates are depressed including Sweden, the UK, Germany, Taiwan, and more. It’s hard to ignore and nobody can explain it.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...y-shows-the-vaccines

Dramatic Decline in Births in Germany

Germany is experiencing a strange decline in births in the first quarter of 2022, totally inconsistent with their experience in recent years.

https://igorchudov.substack.co...embed&utm_medium=web

-rduckwor

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Menstrual changes after Covid vaccines may be far more common than previously known

In theory in a perfect world, a vaccine is taken up by the cells where it is injected. The immune system reacts and does its magic there.

But, in the real world the vaccine spreads around the body, depositing bits in cells far away from the injection. It has been found that these mRNA jabs like to congregate in the ovaries and testes.

Added to that, it is proven the mRNA actually does write into the DNA in the cells, contrary to all the promises from Fauci, Pfizer, et al. Thus the code to make spike protein is written into the DNA which can be passed on to any babies of these people.

So, the baby's cells will be coded to make spike, which is very toxic and is causing the problems we know of with vaccine injury. Not every baby will get this code, it depends if the cell in the ovary or testicle had been reverse coded from the mRNA. But some will.

The jabs are worse than the virus, and both are due to Fauci and a few others.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The jabs are worse than the virus,

I may have said it here, but once upon a time there was a question over whether Covid was a weapon. Then the "vaccine" came around.

I asked: What if the vaccine is the weapon, and the virus was just a way to force everybody to become exposed.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Things that make you go, hmmm...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8957 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Finally, a report being circulated that doesn’t push near useless “vaccines” and instead leans on actual science…and carried on yahoo! of all places. The gist? Our natural ability to fight infection is likely the answer to relegating Covid to annual flu-like status.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...g-one-161230688.html

COVID reinfection has a silver lining—one that may tame the pandemic

Temperatures aren’t the only thing skyrocketing right now.

It’s the summer of reinfection, with the likelihood of getting COVID yet again higher than ever, thanks to an ultra-transmissible, immune-evading subvariant. Those variants have mutated what should have been a light, breezy summer to be enjoyed into yet another heavy season to be endured—with few opportunities for reprieve, even outdoors.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s chart shows an extended wave (or wall?) of infections, with cases slowly trending upward. But wastewater data—perhaps now our best indicator of COVID in communities—belies those numbers. Nearly half of nationwide sewage testing sites reported COVID levels at 60% to 100% of their all-time high as of this week, according to CDC data.

There’s Long COVID to keep in mind too: Early studies show that repeat COVID infections—even asymptomatic and mild ones—put individuals at greater risk for the nascent condition, which can result in long-term disability and even death.

We could all use a bit of good news right now, and the good news is this: COVID variants can evade antibody immunity all they want—but they’ll still have to reckon with T cells, the oft-ignored and not-as-well-understood other half of the immune system.

While antibodies, specialized proteins produced by the immune system, search for pathogens and incapacitate or destroy them, they don’t last long—typically just a handful of months. They latch on to a specific part of a virus that’s subject to change with new variants, potentially reducing their efficacy.

T cells, a type of white blood cell produced by stem cells in the bone marrow, don’t prevent infection. But they’re capable of dramatically reducing the severity of one, rendering a potentially deadly virus all but mute in some individuals.

Because their response isn’t limited to one specific part of the virus, as is the case with antibodies, they continue to attack, even when the virus mutates and changes shape. And their protection is much more durable, known to last for years, in some cases. Experts say that widespread accumulation of T cells—from vaccine and/or infection—in the population has likely led to generally less severe outcomes for new variants sweeping the country.

“T cells are kind of a win that I don’t think are appreciated as much as they should be,” Dr. Duane Wesemann, a professor at Harvard Medical School and a principal investigator in the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, told Fortune. They’re “not quite a silver bullet—but a composite steel bullet that's worked for us and is already in hand.”

Society is “depressed a little bit because everyone is getting infected with new variants,” Wesemann said. “But T cells are still at work, doing the good work of preventing severe disease.”

The immune system's oft-neglected other half

New COVID subvariants like BA.4 and BA.5, currently sweeping the nation, have learned to evade immunity, leading to countless reinfections—even among vaccinated people who were infected by a different subvariant just a few weeks ago.

But when we talk about immune-evading variants, we’re really only talking about antibody immunity—and that’s only half of the story. There’s a whole other side of immunity that doesn’t get much attention, in part because T cells aren’t understood as well and are more difficult to study.

T cells “have played a critical role in shielding us from the worst ravages of COVID-19,” Harvard Medical School’s Ekaterina Pesheva writes in a recent blog, adding that they are the “unsung heroes” of the pandemic.

“When antibodies fail to stop the virus from getting into our cells, T cells come to the rescue,” she writes. “If antibodies are the rampart around the castle, then T cells are the elite guards inside it that disable intruders, should they manage to sneak in.”

That means that T cells have been a critical part of our natural immune response to COVID and vaccines.

“Antibodies are what we rely on to prevent infection, but if somebody becomes infected … those T cells can attenuate the course of the disease in what can be a very dramatic way,” Dr. Bruce Walker, director of the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard, a medical institute focused on eradicating disease, and co-leader of the Massachusetts Consortium on Pathogen Readiness—told Fortune. .

COVID infection leads to a “robust” T-cell response that lasts for at least 15 months, according to a study published this spring in the journal Nature Immunology. And a 2020 study published in Nature found evidence of T-cell response to another coronavirus—SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome), an epidemic that emerged in 2002 and killed hundreds—in previously infected patients 17 years later.

Rethinking herd immunity

New subvariants like BA.4 and BA.5 are increasingly running up against a wall of T-cell based immunity in the population at large, Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, told Fortune.

Classic herd immunity—a potential end game floated by some officials during the beginning of the pandemic—isn’t possible with COVID because it continues to mutate, vaccine uptake isn’t where it needs to be, and antibody protection wanes. T cells, while less potent, offer some level of durable defense—a “herd protection” of sorts.

“Everyone focuses only on antibody-induced immunity, but for severe disease, the T-cell immunity is very, very important, and it’s not something you can just get around,” Adalja said, adding that immunity is a spectrum that ranges from merely protecting against death, hospitalization, and severe infection, to preventing infection altogether.

Hospitalizations will undoubtedly rise during the BA.4 and BA.5 wave, he said. “But will they become unmanageable? That’s become increasingly difficult for COVID to do in the U.S.”

On a similar note, Walker believes that T cells “are really what’s going to turn this pandemic into something more controllable.”

“As these new variants are arising and people are getting exposed and infected, what we’ve seen is that, in general, the virulence of the disease has not been as great,” he said earlier this month. “I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that people have generated some level of T-cell response.”

“For weeks now more transmission has been occurring, but hospitalizations haven’t gone through the roof. I think it speaks to—at least for now—some of the wind having been taken out of the sails of the pandemic.”

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I'm dealing with my second time for Chinavirus. First was ~18 months ago and lasted ~10 days; 7 were horrible. This time, I was told by a co-worker last Wednesday they'd been exposed over the prior weekend. I work 4X10 weeks and did my week. Friday, it hit, and with a vengeance. High, persistent fever, a strange numbing of the outer three fingers only on my right hand, and intense, dull pain in my right hip on top of the usual other symptoms.

Yesterday was markedly better, with a low-grade fever but no achy feeling, and moving to a localized infection in my throat. Today, I'm a little tired, the crud is breaking apart. I think I'll be fine tomorrow and able to work light-duty. It is true from my experience that if you've had it before, subsequent infections are not fun, but nothing to be scared of. And for the record, never had a shot.

Posts: 5763 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Yahoo could have run that article 18 months ago if they'd not been vilifying Mallone, van den Bossche, Yeadon, and many others who were explaining it.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What’s surprising is that they are finally running it at all. The body’s natural response to the virus, manufactured or not, is proving to be the most robust protection. Every day that passes shows the “vaccines” failures, not their successes.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday was markedly better, with a low-grade fever but no achy feeling, and moving to a localized infection in my throat. Today, I'm a little tired, the crud is breaking apart. I think I'll be fine tomorrow and able to work light-duty. It is true from my experience that if you've had it before, subsequent infections are not fun, but nothing to be scared of. And for the record, never had a shot.

Glad you are getting better.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Major Study Confirms COVID Vaccines Alter Women's Periods

Since Covid vaccines first became available more than a year and a half ago, women have been sounding alarms about the shots' adverse effect on their menstruation.

For example, in an August 2021 article at The Grayzone that criticized the U.S. medical establishment's failure to study the effects of the vaccines on women's reproductive systems, Marcie Smith Parenti recounted disturbing experiences from her own circle of friends:

Their symptoms have included hemorrhagic bleeding lasting more than a month; heavy intermittent bleeding for four months; passing golf-ball size clots of blood; and extreme cramping, serious enough to land one friend in the ER.

On social media, the The Grayzone was accused of "fearmongering," being "anti-vax," and peddling "dangerous disinformation." Meanwhile, the response of the FDA and CDC to women's pleas might be best characterized as a bureaucratic shrug.

In August, NPR said the FDA and all three U.S. vaccine manufacturers claimed "they have not seen evidence that any of the vaccines cause menstrual irregularities." The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists said it was "aware" of the complaints, but urged women to plunge forward with vaccinations anyway without regard to the timing of their cycles.

Now, however, a large-scale study adds substantial new confirmation of what thousands of women have been proclaiming since the jabs started. As NBC News reports:

"An analysis published Friday in the journal Science Advances found that 42% of people with regular menstrual cycles said they bled more heavily than usual after vaccination...14% reported a lighter period."

The study also found many women who don't typically menstruate—such as those beyond menopause and those on certain long-term contraceptives—experienced "breakthrough" or unexpected bleeding after receiving Covid vaccines.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...alter-womens-periods

-rduckwor

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m seeing an increase in the number of mask wearers around here. Mark my words, we’re going to have mandates at least from October to April every year now.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post