SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
So today I got the final email from work. We are government contractors so the testing option is not available to us, and the current stay by the courts only applies to 100+ companies, not government contractors.

We have been given til 12/1 to provide proof. I am vaccinated, but I had planned on fighting for others rights and refusing to provide my papers. The only positive from the email was that they didn't have a plan for those that refuse. They also said they have zero plans to push back.

I have my dream job, and any other company I could work for would fall under government contractors or 100+ people. If I make this stand, I will have to go back to my old company/career which doesn't have any upside mobility possible. I could earn the same, but lose my ability to move up in life.

Been kicking this around all day, I'm sad to say I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I feel like a pussy for deciding this, but I think I've made my decision. I'm going to play chicken until the point they say they will fire me, then produce my vax card. I really wanted to take a stand for everyone else.

I feel weak, dirty and ashamed right now. My only hopes are the courts.

Fuck. This. Shit.

That's why I applied for my religious exemption. A religious exemption does not have to be tied to any religion. It can be a sincerely held personal belief. I just happen to be a Christian, so I went that route. If you attend church, I would go that route.

My company has government contracts as well with over 100 employees and my exemption was approved.

Check out the religious exemption thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7550041684

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
So today I got the final email from work. We are government contractors so the testing option is not available to us, and the current stay by the courts only applies to 100+ companies, not government contractors.

We have been given til 12/1 to provide proof. I am vaccinated, but I had planned on fighting for others rights and refusing to provide my papers. The only positive from the email was that they didn't have a plan for those that refuse. They also said they have zero plans to push back.

I have my dream job, and any other company I could work for would fall under government contractors or 100+ people. If I make this stand, I will have to go back to my old company/career which doesn't have any upside mobility possible. I could earn the same, but lose my ability to move up in life.

Been kicking this around all day, I'm sad to say I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I feel like a pussy for deciding this, but I think I've made my decision. I'm going to play chicken until the point they say they will fire me, then produce my vax card. I really wanted to take a stand for everyone else.

I feel weak, dirty and ashamed right now. My only hopes are the courts.

Fuck. This. Shit.

I'm in a similar situation as you. We were told that we have to go on the Chicago website database and enter our vaccination information--the same database that the CPD union is fighting to not enter their info. Hell no I don't want to enter my personal information on Lori Lightfoot's database. My company hasn't given us a date on that. I told a non-vaccinated coworker who was appealing on religious grounds that if he got fired, I would quit. He was granted an exemption. I think you have the exact correct plan. Make them put it in writing that you will get fired. If you give in then, you shouldn't feel weak or ashamed.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Has anyone further information on bidens OSHA mandate getting the boot by the 5th Circuit Court?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Has anyone further information on bidens OSHA mandate getting the boot by the 5th Circuit Court?

I posted this in the Biden thread.

Excellent. Keep up the fight.

Appeals court sides with Utah, other states on Biden COVID-19 vaccine order

SALT LAKE CITY — The Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has sided with Utah and other states seeking to block the Biden administration's efforts to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine or regular testing on businesses with more than 100 employees.

In a ruling handed down Friday night, the Louisiana-based Court granted a stay on any enforcement of the rule pending further litigation. It also ordered the Occupational Safety and Health Administration take no steps to enforce the mandate until further court order. Utah, Texas, South Carolina and Mississippi filed a petition challenging the mandate.

Utah political leaders did not immediately respond to requests for comment from FOX 13. Governor Spencer Cox has insisted the vaccine or testing mandate was unconstitutional.

"We're encouraged by the court’s recognition that the OSHA rule exceeds their authority with this mandate. This is a win for Utahns," the governor said in a statement to FOX 13 late Friday.

"It is clear that a denial of the petitioners’ proposed stay would do them irreparable harm. For one, the Mandate threatens to substantially burden the liberty interests of reluctant individual recipients put to a choice between their job(s) and their jab(s)," Judge Kurt Engelhardt wrote.

The ruling would not impact private businesses that have implemented vaccine mandates. However, in Utah, the legislature just passed a bill blocking private businesses from firing employees who claim religious, personal or medical exemptions. Instead, they can be "reassigned" within a company. Under a watered-down version of the bill that passed in special session this week, employees can still be fired for refusing the vaccine if their role cannot be reassigned to accommodate them.

While they have opposed vaccine mandates by government, Utah's Republican political leaders have tried to walk a fine line in offering support to private businesses who opt to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine on their own.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/...vid-19-vaccine-order

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
So today I got the final email from work. We are government contractors

We have been given til 12/1 to provide proof.

Is your company not aware that the deadline for government contractors was pushed back to 1/4/2022?

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Austria...Here, hold my beer. Its getting really bad. How long before the cork pops?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
So today I got the final email from work. We are government contractors

We have been given til 12/1 to provide proof.

Is your company not aware that the deadline for government contractors was pushed back to 1/4/2022?

I assume they gave a buffer to determine how to handle people that do not comply and scramble for replacements. The background check by itself takes a month for my company, then it's a month of training, then a few months training while on shift. So it takes four months minimum from offer letter to being able to be counted on to work by yourself.

It will be interesting to see if nothing else, which people fight and which comply. The guy I work with most at work was dead set against taking the vaccine even though his elderly grandma lives with him. He set the appointment within two hours of getting the email, he has no choice. The cost for her care would bankrupt him in a months time if he was unemployed. They've gone from get the shot to save grandma to get the shot or we will kill grandma. It's a travesty of American freedom.

We have a number of liberty minded people at work as well a a bunch of people who don't want to take the vaccines for whatever reason. Personally I'm not against the vaccine, my fight is with the mandate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're counting on people caving to their demands...

Just like people who fell for wearing masks, it's unreal how people are now accepting their jab demands.

Time to stand strong or lay down and let them walk all over you for rest of your life.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Time to stand strong or lay down and let them walk all over you for rest of your life.

Which I would do would depend upon a variety of circumstances.

Before I was married and owned a home? Easy: "You can take this job and shove it."

After I was married and had a mortgage: Trickier. Would depend upon the job market. If I could get another job, any other job that would pay the bills: "You can take this job and..." Otherwise I might fold.

Within retirement age? Easy: My retirement date would be set to the day before their mandate kicked in.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I am not casting aspersions on anyone, but the mandate is showing the resolve people have when faced with losing their income.

This will be a precursor as to when the government finally decides to ignore the 2nd and come for your guns. It will be tasked to LE to perform the deed. Not many of them will risk their family's financial security to protect your rights.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
This will be a precursor as to when the government finally decides to ignore the 2nd and come for your guns. It will be tasked to LE to perform the deed. Not many of them will risk their family's financial security to protect your rights.

Or any other whim the government decides on from here on out. You give the left an inch, and they'll take a mile.

If everybody who's against this would simply refuse, it would be over with shortly. There's already a labor shortage. Shut it down.

Anybody paying attention to what the pilots did? Not saying it's over with them, but a great example of people "standing up" and winning their battle. If you give up on your rights today, you'll be loosing more of them tomorrow. Most importantly though, consider the rights of our young Americans. You're giving up theirs as well.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The challenge if you leave your job/elect termination is finding another company that will not mandate the poke. For some it might require a relocation to find suitable employment. I am pondering that exact possibility for myself right now.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...university-shanghai/

BREAKING: Initial Reports Coming Out of China Indicate There Was a New COVID-19 Lab Leak at University in Shanghai

According to a just-received Chinese language text and supported by other sources in China, there has been a presumed laboratory leak of COVID-19 at East China University of Science and Technology on November 12, 2021.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
BREAKING: Initial Reports Coming Out of China Indicate There Was a New COVID-19 Lab Leak at University in Shanghai

The Gateway Pundit is full of shit half the time. I'll wait for more credible reports.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
If everybody who's against this would simply refuse, it would be over with shortly. There's already a labor shortage. Shut it down.

Exactly. I WILL NOT COMPLY. The more who take this stand the less likely they can get away with the mandate.
It's the only way we can secure liberty for all.

quote:
The challenge if you leave your job/elect termination is finding another company that will not mandate the poke. For some it might require a relocation to find suitable employment. I am pondering that exact possibility for myself right now.

See above. The more people who say "I WILL NOT COMPLY" right now the more companies will have to back off.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
See above. The more people who say "I WILL NOT COMPLY" right now the more companies will have to back off.

If only it was that simple.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nothing in life is easy. Simple, yes. Easy, no.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
That doesn't work for airline pilots working under a STRICT seniority-based system that dictates your ability to bid what said seniority system can hold and your pay level.

For an airline pilot to change jobs to another airline, he or she will suffer immeasurable loss, even if the pilot is not very senior at his current airline. Take me, for example...I've been with my current airline for just a tick over 3 years, but if I should hire on with another major airline that is also based in Houston, I would take a MASSIVE pay cut in terms of monetary and quality of life value.

To compare, based on minimum monthly guarantee ONLY, I would take a 46% pay cut and start over at the VERY BOTTOM of the seniority list at the new airline. In this business and unlike the "real world", at least at the pilot level, there's no such thing as "salary commensurate with experience".

So I'm just a lowly 3rd-year First Officer flying a narrow body B737. The impact on a 25-year wide-body Captain getting "busted" down to first-year FO pay going to another airline? ASTRONOMICAL!!!!

All that to say for some careers, it's not as easy as updating the resume and posting it to LinkedIn to get another job.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
For an airline pilot to change jobs to another airline, he or she will suffer immeasurable loss, even if the pilot is not very senior at his current airline...

Oh, I get it.
But you are fighting this. That doesn't mean you have to find another job. That means fight tyranny and try to change your company from within.

-rduckwor

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Within retirement age? Easy: My retirement date would be set to the day before their mandate kicked in.

If I were close to retirement age, I would let them fire me and jump on unemployment for as long as I could.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post