SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve run into folks that I know have above average IQs folks that I know are MENSA members, etc) who are in a similar boat as the folks Konata88.

I'll say that many of these people are members of Densa, the other IQ Society.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Hey if Gov. Newsom or Mrs. Psaki happen to read this, can you please check in and tell us how those COVID vaccines are working for y’all.

Just a bit of an update would be great.
Haven’t seen y’all for awhile now.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
It’s now day twelve (12) since Gavin Newsom was last seen, although Covid rates are spiking, cargo ships are piling up offshore, and wildfires are burning all over the state. On November 7, Newsom’s wife Jennifer tweeted ambiguously that “When someone cancels something, maybe they’re just in the office working; maybe in their free time they’re at home with their family, at their kids’ sports matches, or dining out with their wife.”

That’s a lot of maybe. She offered a bunch of possibles but, since she obviously KNOWS where the governor is, it’s weird that she didn’t just say, “he’s fine.” See what I’m saying?

Anyway, Jennifer deleted that tweet yesterday. So.

I know what you’re thinking. Please stop. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that Newsom disappeared right after getting his booster shot on October 27. How could it? Safe and effective.

Coffee & Covid, Jeff Childers

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Rumors are that Newsom developed Guillain-Barre syndrome or Bell's Palsy after getting the shot.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Think what is happening here: Those soldiers who believe in personal freedom and support Democratic values are being purged from the ranks. Who will be left? Leftist ideologues who mindlessly accept commands. The Democrats will then have complete control of the military:

Marine Corps Commandant Blames Vaccine Disinformation For Possibility of Losing 12,500 Troops From Marine Corp Ranks

There is no such thing as “disinformation” or “misinformation”. There is only information you accept and information you do not accept.

You were not born with a requirement to believe everything you are told; rather, you were born with a brain that allows you to process the information you receive and make independent decisions.

Today, the Marine Corps Commandant blames ‘disinformation‘ for the fact that 12,500 marines are still refusing the vaccination and may end up departing military service if they do not comply. The essential ranks once again defined as non-essential over their healthy and free choice not to take an experimental vaccine for a virus that poses no significant threat.

VIA NBC – Marine Corps Commandant Gen. David Berger cited “disinformation” as the reason there are thousands under his leadership who have not yet been vaccinated for the coronavirus.

[…] Each Marine must be vaccinated by Nov. 28, but troops are not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after the final dose of a two-shot vaccine or that same time period after a one-shot dose. This means the final shot will actually have to be given by this Sunday. “We have to be ready to go every day, all the time,” Berger explained. “We are the ready force. We have to be ready to go.”

If the vaccination rate of the Marines remains the same until the deadline, it would leave more than 12,500 Marines unvaccinated, according to Military.com. (read more)

https://theconservativetreehou...p-ranks/#more-219864

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^ Rumors are that Newsom developed Guillain-Barre syndrome or Bell's Palsy after getting the shot.

How does HIPAA work with public officials? We're talking about the governor here, but if the President of the US becomes ill and incapable of serving as the Commander in Chief, isn't/shouldn't this be public knowledge? To what extent can a public official's medical records be FOIA'ed?

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I read where newsom had the J and J shot and a Moderna booster.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no such thing as “disinformation” or “misinformation”. There is only information you accept and information you do not accept.

There is no better way to say this.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Team Biden’s shady vaccine mandate wordplay

When it comes to President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate, it looks like the entire administration is descending into dementia.

On Friday, White House Deputy Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre insisted that it’s “misinformation” to call it a mandate, since private employers wouldn’t have to fire workers who instead submit to weekly testing: It’s just a “requirement” on workplaces with 100 or more staff. And never mind that Biden himself called it a “mandate” in his speech announcing it two months ago.

Then Surgeon-General Vivek Murthy on Sunday suggested the mandate could expand to cover smaller businesses, insisting that a “vax or no job” rule is a “necessary step to accelerate our pathway out of the pandemic.”

Meanwhile, the courts look unlikely to let it ever take effect: On Saturday, the 5th Circuit Court put a stay on it, expressing clear doubt that the Occupational Safety & Health Administration has the authority to impose it as a “workplace safety” measure.

And that’s just one lawsuit; others come from 26 states and a host of private groups.

As we noted Saturday, you can make a public-safety argument for local governments to mandate their workers, and some private employers may also see a need.

But Biden’s talk weeks ago of an “emergency” order on most employers that’s now supposed to kick in four months after he announced it was purely a cynical stunt that’s failed to fly with the broader public. No wonder it has his people all over the map as they they talk about it.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/08/...ne-mandate-wordplay/

-rduckwor

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Meanwhile, the courts look unlikely to let it ever take effect: On Saturday, the 5th Circuit Court put a stay on it, expressing clear doubt that the Occupational Safety & Health Administration has the authority to impose it as a “workplace safety” measure.

I have no confidence in this at all. The only court that matters is the Supreme Court and there are only 3 justices that have proven to be conservative (Thomas, Gorsuch, and Alito). I'm a pessimist and I think the other purported conservatives will rule that all these Covid mandates and mitigations are at the whim of elected officials. They're going to let the voice of the people decide in the form of their vote, and that scares the shit out of me.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Rumors are that Newsom developed Guillain-Barre syndrome or Bell's Palsy after getting the shot.
I got hit hard with Guillain Barré after a regular flu shot, maybe five or six years ago. Symptoms appeared about six weeks after the flu shot. I was hospitalized for a bit over a week, had a couple of IVIG transfusions, months of physical therapy to get me off the walker and waking with just a cane for balance.

My hands were so weak that I had to ask strangers to open the cap for me so that I could fuel my car at the gas station.

Years later, I'm probably 80% recovered, still no feeling in my finger tips, leading me to drop things several times each day. Balance sucks, I have fallen in the driveway and in the back yard, unable to get up by myself. Wife bought me an Apple Watch with fall detection.

Guillain Barré sucks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, not even Newsom or Biden.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving: “You’re fired!”

Internal Report: More Than Half Of Border Patrol Agents May Be Fired For Being Unvaccinated

By Steve Watson of Summit News

An internal report from within the US Customs and Border Protection agency suggests that more than half the border patrol workforce remains unvaccinated, and that if vaccine mandates are implemented it could leave just 8000 officers on duty.

The document, obtained by Fox News, notes that 48 percent of agents have not registered their vaccination status, and of the 52 percent who have done that, ten percent are unvaccinated.

Former chief operating officer of CBP Mark Morgan, who obtained the internal report, told Fox News that Biden’s vaccine mandate is “going to take an agency that’s already gone through an unbelievable catastrophic crisis on the southwest border and deplete its resources further.”

Morgan also provided a screenshot from the report showing tables of different scenarios of depletion within the CBP.

The screenshot highlights that “in the worst-case scenario, agents who have not reported their status have done so because they refuse to take the jab, and so they will be terminated (scenario 3). In that case, net attrition could exceed 11,523 agents, leaving a mere 8,013 border agents on patrol.”

If this scenario unfolds, it is likely that the border patrol would lose 59 percent of its workforce.

Imagine how that would affect the already rampantly out of control border crisis.

If the 10,000 or so border patrol agents who have yet to register their vaccination status do not do so this week, they will be offered counseling, then suspension, then termination, Morgan further noted, emphasising how the document “illustrates the potential impact that this mandate could have on the workforce.”

“So, an agency that is dealing with 1.7 million apprehensions, 400,000 got-aways, at that very moment, the same resources are going to be pulled away and distracted to deal with this mandate nonsense,” Morgan urged, adding that the counseling involves further “critical resources,” because border patrol leadership is involved.

“It’s a cumbersome process and it’s an unneeded unnecessary distraction while they’re overwhelmed and our border is out of control,” Morgan continued, adding:

“An illegal immigrant doesn’t get the vaccine and they’re released. A border patrol agent doesn’t get the vaccine and they’re removed. On what planet does that make sense?”

The vaccination deadline for federal employees is November 22nd.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...d-being-unvaccinated

-rduckwor

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Gosh, that would be a tragedy if he survived the recall only to be felled by the experimental death jab.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
President Shit-My-Pants and all his handlers must not want to have jobs after this term in office because they are creating a backlash that is going to be biblical in proportion:

White House Won't Rule Out Mandating Vaccine For Domestic Air Travel

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Food for thought. And maybe dissidence.
Have grounds for precedence already been laid?
Maybe not so "flippant", the left hoist on its own petard?

"I am not vaccinated, but I identify as someone who is vaccinated,” read a comment at the end of a recent article on vaccine mandates. Though doubtless intending to be flippant, the reader has a point—and possibly a legal claim.

The reader’s vaccination status could be verified by a new blood test. Is it possible that scientific and medical tests could verify the actual status of someone who “identifies” in a condition at odds with reality? ...

Reality Dysphoria

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8348 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
President Shit-My-Pants and all his handlers must not want to have jobs after this term in office because they are creating a backlash that is going to be biblical in proportion:
White House Won't Rule Out Mandating Vaccine For Domestic Air Travel

And soon after, we’ll have to ante up for an airline bailout again. They’d be sunk with a domestic air travel vaccine mandate.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve been saying since day one that the airlines would never mandate the vaccine. Ever. It would be suicide. They’ll likely not be very happy about the crooked leftists stepping in to do it either.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feds Seek to Block Promotion of a Nasal Spray Against COVID-19

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...m_campaign=ZeroHedge

The leading U.S. manufacturer of xylitol-based products says the federal government is deliberately trying to conceal a nasal spray it developed that it says has been scientifically proven to be effective in treating and preventing COVID-19.

The U.S. Department of Justice filed a lawsuit in federal court against Utah-based company Xlear on Oct. 28, saying it has deceptively advertised its nasal spray as a treatment and preventative of COVID-19.

The lawsuit asks a federal court to permanently ban the company from promoting the nasal spray as a treatment for COVID-19 and also asks that monetary penalties be levied against it.

COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, commonly known as the novel coronavirus.

The DOJ filed the complaint on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission, which alleges the company has violated the Federal Trade Commission Act and the Consumer Protection Act by making false claims about the benefits.

The spray’s main ingredients are saline, grapefruit seed extract, and xylitol, a plant-derived sweetener commonly used in oral care products.

“Companies can’t make unsupported health claims, no matter what form a product takes, or what it supposedly prevents or treats,” said Samuel Levine, director of the trade commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, said in a press release on the lawsuit.

“That’s the lesson of this case and many others like it, and it’s why people should continue to rely on medical professionals over ads.”

The commission and the Justice Department declined to make any further comment.

Xlear’s attorney Robert Housman, of the Washington firm Book Hill Partners, told The Epoch Times that the commission is “flat out lying” about the company’s claims being unsupported.

Housman pointed out that the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)—along with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), an arm of the Department of Health and Human Services—funded clinical studies of the use of nasal sprays like Xlear’s and published findings last year that found they were an effective treatment and method of prevention for COVID-19.

“When Xlear tells people about scientific studies, even ones republished by the NIH, we are somehow misleading people and making false claims. It’s nonsensical,” Housman told The Epoch Times. “Rather than embrace nasal interventions, the government is trying to eliminate their use because they don’t fit the government’s highly flawed, vaccine-only agenda.”

On Sept. 20, 2020, the NIH and NIAID published the findings of a random clinical trial they funded at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Tennessee on the merits of using hypertonic nasal saline irrigations to combat the CCP virus.

The researchers in that study wrote that the “effect of nasal irrigation on symptom resolution was substantial,” reporting that “nasal congestion and headaches in COVID patients resolved an average seven to nine days earlier” in the study group.

“Our analysis suggests that nasal irrigations may shorten symptom duration and may have potential as a widely available and inexpensive intervention to reduce disease burden among those affected,” the researchers wrote in their findings.

“We would advocate the use of hypertonic nasal saline irrigations in non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients as a safe and inexpensive intervention to reduce symptom burden.”

Housman pointed out that the NIH also published the results of a clinical trial, held a few months later in November at the Larkin Community Hospital in Florida, that found the Xlear nasal spray specifically cleared symptoms of the disease in half the time.

In addition to the Tennessee and Florida trials, another random clinical trial—more recently conducted at Augusta University’s Emergency Department in Georgia—also concluded that the use of nasal spray was beneficial in treating COVID-19.

Researchers in the university trial, which is still ongoing, have so far found that patients with the CCP virus that participated in daily nasal irrigation were eight times less likely to be hospitalized than the national rate.

The Justice Department didn’t specifically cite the Larkin, Vanderbilt, or Augusta trials in its lawsuit.

It instead cited the results of lab studies conducted earlier at the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill and the University of Tennessee involving in vitro and animal testing, neither of which the DOJ and FTC argue is a viable way to test nasal spray for live, human COVID-19 patients.

The lawsuit additionally pointed out that the University of Tennessee study is based on a nasal spray containing iota-carrageenan, which the Xlear spray does not contain and, therefore, cannot be used as scientific evidence to support Xlear’s claims.

The lawsuit also stated that researchers at Chapel Hill admitted that without further research it couldn’t conclusively determine that “administering treatment through the nose is the best way to treat COVID-19.”

Housman said the trade commission cherry-picked findings within the lab studies to make them fit its agenda.

The federal government has warned companies against promoting nasal sprays for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19.

BlueWillow Biologics, a Michigan biopharmaceutical company that manufactures a nasal antiseptic, and the Miami-based company Halodine, which created a proprietary iodine-based nasal antiseptic swab, both received warning letters earlier this year from the FDA to discontinue their promotion of their nasal products as a safe and effective treatment for COVID-19.

Posts: 12686 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Xlear did more testing and conducted more clinical trials on this nasal spray treatment than ANY of the "vaccine" manufacturers performed on their poison dart juice. Just sayin'......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post