SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This is not typical of me but pray to god that newscum has succumbed to the adverse effects of the experiment. I can't tell you how much joy this would bring. There are few people more deserving than him.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13105 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Nice. Now let's make it permanent.

Court halts Biden vaccine, testing mandate for businesses -

SALT LAKE CITY — A federal appeals court temporarily halted the Biden administration's occupational safety rule that required businesses with over 100 employees to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine or regular testing.

In a ruling on Saturday, a three judge panel at the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals granted a stay sought by Texas, Utah, Mississippi and South Carolina, as well as businesses who claimed they would be negatively impacted.

"Because the petitions give cause to believe there are grave statutory and constitutional issues with the Mandate, the Mandate is hereby STAYED pending further action by this court," the judges wrote, ordering lawyers for the states and the federal government to submit further briefing by next month.

The rule was not going into effect until January.

Utah political leaders have argued the government using OSHA rules to mandate vaccinations is unconstitutional. Governor Spencer Cox told FOX 13 earlier this week Utah would sue over it.

"I am grateful our courts recognize the egregious overreach from the Biden administration into the personal health decisions of citizens and that businesses won’t be forced to enforce this unconstitutional rule," House Speaker Brad Wilson, R-Kaysville, said to FOX 13 in a text message.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/...ndate-for-businesses

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
In a ruling on Saturday, a three judge panel at the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals granted a stay sought by Texas, Utah, Mississippi and South Carolina, as well as businesses who claimed they would be negatively impacted.
I wonder if that will have any bearing on our case? But we are in an industry governed and regulated by the FAA, DOT, and Railway Labor Act. Curious...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Court halts Biden vaccine, testing mandate for businesses -

SALT LAKE CITY — A federal appeals court temporarily halted the Biden administration's occupational safety rule that required businesses with over 100 employees to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine or regular testing.

In a ruling on Saturday, a three judge panel at the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals granted a stay ...

But that Stay applies only to the 5th Circuit's judicial districts, no?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Pretty sure it applies nation wide. No?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure it applies nation wide. No?

Dunno. That's why I"m asking Smile

Paging SF lawyers. Paging SF lawyers. SF lawyers to the white courtesy phone, please!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it applies to everyone.

NY Post:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/06/...campaign=android_nyp

A federal appeals court has blocked the Biden administration’s latest COVID-19 vaccination mandate, giving the government until Monday afternoon to submit a response.

An emergency stay, issued Saturday from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, prevents the White House from requiring all full and part-time workers at private-sector companies with 100 or more employees to be vaccinated or get tested weekly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Recent conversation in passing with some folks that are academically and technically intelligent and proficient. And who seem to be monitoring news in India, Israel and domestically.

They still believe that the shots are high efficacy, masks are effective, social distancing is effective, shots at least help with prevention of the worst cases. The shots are nothing to worry about and are helpful.

These are folks that are above average in intelligence. I didn't get into their data sources. They hear stuff to the contrary here and there but in general their opinion is a little bit of help is better than nothing (in referencing masks, distancing, shots).

In spite of this, they have no answer to vaccinated people getting ill (variants only), why they need 2 booster shots now, why Israel is still in deep poo, why Sweden is okay, etc.

I'm so sick to death of these type of people who blindly follow the narrative. If only there was more transparency on adverse effects.

Usually, when these people talk about the shot, I just let it go. But I drew the line when the were complaining and wondering why people don't get the shot. Ruined my mood but couldn't just walk away silently.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13105 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A ruling from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit only applies to the Fifth Circuit. It's possible to have conflicting rulings between Circuits.
However, this is a big step in the right direction.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A federal appeals court has blocked the Biden administration’s latest COVID-19 vaccination mandate, giving the government until Monday afternoon to submit a response.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Is a detziled response needed? My dealings with the legal system is that everything takes forever.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fifth Circuit is based in NOLA and covers MS, LA and a few other states.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A ruling from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit only applies to the Fifth Circuit.

That is how I understood it to be from discussions, here on SF, of other Circuit Court rulings on other matters.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm so sick to death of these type of people who blindly follow the narrative. If only there was more transparency on adverse effects.

Usually, when these people talk about the shot, I just let it go. But I drew the line when the were complaining and wondering why people don't get the shot.

Same here, konata.
So many people are ill informed.
The adverse effects are very real, filling up hospitals, but manifest differently in people.
Most of them are probably caused in one way or another by blood clotting but there is also evidence of a general weakening of the immune system.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like it applies to everyone.

NY Post:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/06/...campaign=android_nyp

An emergency stay, issued Saturday from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, prevents the White House from requiring all full and part-time workers at private-sector companies with 100 or more employees to be vaccinated or get tested weekly.

But can a company still require employees to get it even if ruled unconstitutional???
I’m thinking my woke CEO won’t budge if he has the option.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fifth Circuit is based in NOLA and covers MS, LA and a few other states.

How does this affect corporations? If the company has campuses in multiple states? Does this only apply to those campuses in the 5th circuit? What if HQ is in the 5th circuit - does it apply to all campuses including outside the 5th circuit?

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A ruling from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit only applies to the Fifth Circuit. It's possible to have conflicting rulings between Circuits.
However, this is a big step in the right direction.

Yes, a BIG Step in the Right Direction, and NOT Unanticipated! I'm sure there will be more too, as suits will most certainly be filed in EVERY Circuit! Wink

From the 5th Circuit STAY Order...

1 "This order addresses only the emergency motion filed by the above-captioned petitioners. Going forward, the Clerk of Court shall ensure that all related motions and petitions in this court be consolidated under this case number, and that all parties—including the Government—make all related filings in this case."

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
But I drew the line when the were complaining and wondering why people don't get the shot. Ruined my mood but couldn't just walk away silently.

I simply respond with something like "Because some of us are convinced of neither the efficacy nor the safety of the experimental ``vaccines,``" making certain they can hear the quotes, and leave it at that.

I don't let others' misguided beliefs or expectations ruin my day, either Smile

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
But can a company still require employees to get it even if ruled unconstitutional???
Same with our CEO, who thinks he can lord over us lepers and act as clergy and physician to those in protest of this syringe full of fecal matter.

quote:
I simply respond with something like "Because some of us are convinced of neither the efficacy nor the safety of the experimental ``vaccines,``" making certain they can hear the quotes, and leave it at that.
I try to explain to these brain-dead zombies that should I encounter an adverse reaction that prevents me from obtaining and holding a Medical Certificate, I just threw away a $1M career for the time I have left in the cockpit. THEY can probably go back to work with the same affliction.

The typical reaction is blank stares and stupid looks...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
These are folks that are above average in intelligence.
No they're not. They're probably exactly like a handful of people I know. What they likely are is well 'educated'. Unfortunately there is a huge difference between being well educated and possessing actual intelligence. These types make my life managing projects a nightmare. They're brilliant (according to them) and well versed in a multitude of topics, yet they know virtually nothing of value when the rubber meets the road.
quote:
In spite of this, they have no answer to vaccinated people getting ill (variants only), why they need 2 booster shots now, why Israel is still in deep poo, why Sweden is okay, etc.
This comment proves my point. Intelligence means you're always learning and evolving in terms of your perspective on things. People like this build an opinion, usually based on consensus will similar people in their tiny bubble, and no matter how the variables change around them, they refuse to change their focus and evolve their opinion. Give me a high school educated person who's perpetually curious and always looking for the answer over a PhD egghead who's arrogance and sense of superiority clouds and controls everything they touch.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

I believe the answer to your question is 'Yes.' It's unconstitutional for the executive branch to issue such a mandate because it doesn't have the authority to do so. I'm afraid a private company can make such mandates of it's employees. You don't have to keep working there.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post