SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Delta has finally announced that they are bringing back the pre-departure drinks on June 2nd. Way back I said that would be the day that this covid con would officially be over. It took way longer than I thought it would, but yeah, it's over and done with, and we aren't going back.

Hawaiian Airlines had them on a flight I took with them October 31, 2021. I got two Mai Tais out of the deal.

I have no idea when they started doing it again though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
White House's Covid Czar Makes Grim Prediction That Americans Will Need Endless Vaccines

Yeah? Good luck with that…
I survived without the first batch and I’m not getting on that treadmill. Fuck off.

Lol yup. That’s been my policy

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

Hawaiian Airlines had them on a flight I took with them October 31, 2021. I got two Mai Tais out of the deal.

I have no idea when they started doing it again though.

I'm talking about PRE-TAKEOFF drinks that are served in first class during the boarding process.

If that's what you're referring to then cheers. But I rarely get the option of two pre-departure cocktails. Not bad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
White House's Covid Czar Makes Grim Prediction That Americans Will Need Endless Vaccines

Yeah? Good luck with that…
I survived without the first batch and I’m not getting on that treadmill. Fuck off.

Lol yup. That’s been my policy
Add me to that list too. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Humans are now hackable animals. The whole idea that humans have this soul and spirit and they have free will and nobody knows what's happening inside me...that's over."
-Yuval Noah Harari

Thanks for this. We need to keep sight of this mentality going forward, it tells us so much about who our opposition is. It's really a very old notion modernized.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From news reports Biden is going to sign on to this.

What Does the Pandemic Treaty Do?

https://brownstone.org/article...-pandemic-treaty-do/

Social media has been abuzz with terrifying news about a new Pandemic Treaty (officially the “Zero draft report of the Working Group on Strengthening WHO Preparedness and Response to Health Emergencies to the Seventy-fifth World Health Assembly”) currently being deliberated by the members of the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

According to some commentators, the treaty “risks superseding parliamentary democracy, public health laws and human rights within 194 countries.” “If the WHO pandemic treaty is signed,” writes another commentator, “your vote will never ever count again.”

As the author of Snake Oil: How Xi Jinping Shut Down the World, I’m not going to complain about the alarmism, as all these comments seem to be implicit endorsements of my work. But the good news is that’s not what the Pandemic Treaty really does.

What does the Pandemic Treaty actually change? Nothing, really. The treaty contains 131 proposals in ten broad categories: 1. Political leadership, 2. Cooperation and collaboration, 3. WHO at the center, 4. Financing, 5. Sustainability of COVID-19 innovative mechanisms, 6. Global surveillance, 7. Strengthening the International Health Regulations, 8. Universal health and preparedness review pilot, 9. Travel measures. 10. Equity.

The proposals are technical and banal. More funding for the WHO “to act as the directing and coordinating authority on international health.” Regular simulation exercises. More research to “inform and expand” public health and social measures during pandemics. More capacity for genomic testing. More sharing of public health data with the WHO. Digital vaccination certificates and contact tracing. More vaccines for developing countries.

Technically, none of this is binding on member nations. The consultants behind the Pandemic Treaty even cite “national sovereignty” as a limitation on the treaty’s effect.

Of all the proposals, the most immediately alarming is the plan to strengthen “approaches to and capacities for information and infodemic management… in order to build public trust in data, scientific evidence and public health measures and to counter inaccurate information and unsubstantiated rumours.” This particular provision involves private, supranational organizations and therefore does bypass national sovereignty.

In other words, the Pandemic Treaty is everything the WHO has already been doing—but more of it. So what’s actually at stake if the treaty is passed?

Everything.

The real significance of the Pandemic Treaty is that its passage is a ratification and approval of everything the world has experienced over the past two years during COVID-19. A brief refresher on those events.

In January 2020, reports began to emerge of a novel virus in Wuhan, China. On January 23, 2020, the Chinese Communist Party implemented a total lockdown of 50 million residents in Hubei Province. This concept of “lockdown” had no precedent in the western world. But just days later, on January 30, 2020, reports began to emerge that, unbeknownst to the public, “the WHO is already talking about how ‘problematic’ modeling the Chinese response in Western countries is going to be, and the first country they want to try it out in is Italy…they want to work through the Italian authorities and world health organizations to begin locking down Italian cities.”

Soon, the entire world was indeed “modeling the Chinese response.” One by one, local and national officials began suspending the rights of their populations wholesale. These lockdowns weren’t part of any country’s pandemic plan, but their approval by the WHO and the mimesis of other international officials gave the policy a cosmopolitan veneer.

Lockdowns failed to stop the virus—which was subsequently proven to have an infection fatality rate under 0.2% and to have begun spreading by November 2019 at the latest—in every country in which they were tried. However, they did lead to the largest man-made famine since the Great Leap Forward. In every country that employed strict lockdowns, deaths were disproportionately high among young people; these were lockdown deaths.

Simultaneously, the WHO issued global PCR testing guidance—using tests later confirmed by the New York Times to have a false positive rate over 85%—pursuant to which millions of cases were soon discovered in every country. Additionally, the WHO issued new guidance on the use of mechanical ventilators to member nations; over 97% of those over age 65 who received mechanical ventilation in accordance with this guidance were killed.

Terrified by this surge of deaths and the psychological terror campaigns deployed by governments on their own people, populations across the western world proceeded to impose an ever-darker swathe of illiberal mandates including forced masking and digital vaccine passes for everyday activities. Young children, who were at virtually no risk from the virus, lost years of primary education, and many were forced to wear masks for hours each day.

By signing onto the Pandemic Treaty, our leaders are signaling their approval for all this—and more—to be done again. Take heart: The Pandemic Treaty won’t annul your national sovereignty. That would be impossible, because you haven’t had any national sovereignty since March 2020. The Pandemic Treaty is simply a reelection for another term.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It'll never be ratified by the Senate.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not sure it has to be ratified by the Senate since it is nonbinding. But you know Biden will abide by it and even double down.

The JCOPA agreement with Iran signed by Obama did not need Senate ratification, Obama knew he would never get that turd through the Senate by signing a formal treaty, which requires 2/3 approval. Trump overturned it and now Biden is trying to revive it. Just like the congress allowing the Executive Branch to go to war without declaring a war, they now allow Presidents to enter treaties without Senate approval by calling it something else.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Not sure it has to be ratified by the Senate since it is nonbinding. But you know Biden will abide by it and even double down.

And the red states can tell Biden to go screw.

quote:
The JCOPA agreement with Iran signed by Obama did not need Senate ratification.

And then Trump tossed it in the trash as soon as he got in.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:And the red states can tell Biden to go screw.[QUOTE]

And then it will end with lawsuits and the Judicial branch making the final rule. We all know how that ended up with forced covid vaccines. Not really forced except you could not go to work with out it.

Stay home, go bankrupt, starve and remain vaccine free. What a choice.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe, but I'll bet you a bottle of bourbon that it will get 48 votes if it does make it to the senate. We always seem about a vote or two from these a-holes in Washington flushing our rights down the drain. And Biden would sign his own euthanasia order if they put it in front of him and told him to sign it.

This 'treaty' is utterly and completely insane, and tells all of us exactly what the Left wants for this country. It also affirms exactly who the people running this country answer to, and it ain't us.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will not need to be ratified by the Senate.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kinda stupid approach to governing isn't it. This 'treaty' will simply be added to the list of what the next president will void.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Kinda stupid approach to governing isn't it. This 'treaty' will simply be added to the list of what the next president will void.

I agree but see my post above. Congress has ceded too much power to the executive branch.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Maybe, but I'll bet you a bottle of bourbon that it will get 48 votes if it does make it to the senate. We always seem about a vote or two from these a-holes in Washington flushing our rights down the drain. And Biden would sign his own euthanasia order if they put it in front of him and told him to sign it.

This 'treaty' is utterly and completely insane, and tells all of us exactly what the Left wants for this country. It also affirms exactly who the people running this country answer to, and it ain't us.

A treaty would need 67 votes. 2/3rds of the Senate. Never happen.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congress has ceded too much power to the executive branch.
100% agree.
quote:
Not my point. My point was that virtually the entire Democrat majority in the Senate, short of maybe Manchin and/or Sinema, would enthusiastically vote for this. And we shouldn't be two or ten votes away from approving a treaty that wipes away American constitutional rights and US autonomy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jut like the JCOPA (treaty/agreement) with Iran it will not need Senate ratification. Please read the above posts. NONBINDING.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know. Nonbinding. BFD. Then it's not a treaty.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Non-Binding = Feel Good Globalist/Leftist Bullshit and a GIANT Waste of Time/Energy/Resources! This will be discarded post haste once POTATUS is replaced by an 'America First' President!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Providence to Use Federal COVID Relief Funds for Reparations

The city has allocated $10 million in funding to the project

https://nationalfile.com/provi...nds-for-reparations/

Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza plans to use the city’s federal COVID-19 relief funds for racial reparations. On Friday, the mayor signed a spending plan for $124 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding that will pave the way for the city to invest tens of millions of dollars into housing and infrastructure projects. Elorza has not ruled out direct payments for eligible individuals, which would include black Americans, as well as those who can prove Native American heritage.
“As a housing crisis persists across the state, the city is allocating $30.7 million to the issue, $17 million of which will go toward developing affordable units,” reported The Providence Journal. “The remainder of the category will be spent on rapid rehousing, permanent supportive housing, emergency housing, a home repair program and other initiatives.”

During a news conference on Friday, Esparza said spending decisions were driven by public input sought by the city’s COVID-19 Recovery and Resiliency Task Force, which was commissioned in January.

Addressing housing and homelessness was identified as a top priority by Providence respondents in a survey asking how American Rescue Plan funds should be spent, according to the city government. Input from “residents who participated in community meetings” was also weighed heavily.

Esparza justifies his city’s use of American Rescue Plan funds — which were allocated to states and municipalities by the federal government in order to deal with the economic fallout of pandemic lockdowns — by claiming the money is going to communities that were “hardest hit” by the virus. The “hardest hit” communities, according to the Providence city government, are populated by African Americans.

“We made it a point to go to those hardest hit neighborhoods and hardest hit communities and get an over-representative sample from those folks as well,” the mayor said. “But it still did not change the fundamental reality that regardless of where you are throughout the city, we have the same priorities.”

$10 million of the $124 million spending package will be going towards a racial reparations program in Providence. A committee will decide how exactly the funds will be spent, but the mayor has not ruled out direct payments to eligible recipients.

A 13-member panel has been tasked with examining reparation work being done in other municipalities and creating recommendations for ways the city can distribute the funds. NAACP Providence President Jim Vincent is among those already tapped to serve on the board, Elorza said.

“While we know the city alone cannot repair the full scope of harm, today’s action brings us another step closer to addressing the disparities our African heritage and Indigenous residents continue to face,” the mayor said in a written statement.

The Providence city government commissioned the reparations committee in 2020.