SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
I believe the flight ban includes freight as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The Department of Homeland Security has clarified the travel ban to only affect foreign nationals who have been in certain European countries at any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the United States.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16461 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm getting my attire ready for my upcoming flight. A dry run for my flight to France in a few months.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey-spot on.

The reaction to all of this is like a crazed guy trying to kill a fly in a mirror shop with a baseball bat.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If the point in the USA, of all the cancellations, stay at home, and whatnot, is to slow the spread and not overwhelm healthcare, then why not make that clear?

The other point is: “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Too often, we have seen the media and others use a tactic, where the narrative is almost identical in words and phrasing, that steers the masses to a conclusion. Only to later discover.... bullshit.

While I do believe this bug has some teeth, we are doing more damage, trying to kill the thing with sledgehammers instead of flyswatters .

And for the record, I am in the "bad group" of over 60, compromised immune system, and little to no, healthcare.

But I have been (literally) fighting death my entire life, so he know the battle, and am not pissing myself or my life, because I might die from this thing.

And no issues with those who take reasonable precautions, it is and always has been a prudent position to have.

But, the damage being done from foolish hype and emotion, is without logic or benefit, and likely to lead to more deaths than this virus will ever bring.

If I am wrong, this is my affirmation, that my grave may be desecrated by anyone who survives...

I don't want anyone to to be right or wrong, just prepared, educated, and self reliant.

Due to exponential growth + number of hospital beds and other resources. I support an overly aggressive response. It will get worse before it gets better.

My 86 year old grandfather that teaches elder driving courses has no plans on postponing. I hope besides helping the whole country, these measures keep my grandfather on this planet. He's my rock.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
This is the idiot NBA player.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Is there a “Face Palm” meme extreme enough in regard to that NBA player’s actions?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Shows you the type of people that are in the NBA. Idiots.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Is there a “Face Palm” meme extreme enough in regard to that NBA player’s actions?

That idiot should be criminally charged.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From Danaloesch.com:
The five craziest things that happened in the last HOUR:

quote:
Welcome to the Mos Eisley Cantina, America.

1. POTUS announces temporary travel ban on people and trade from Europe (UK exempt)

2. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have COVID-19

3. The NBA suspends their season

4. Ilhan Omar quickly announces that she married her campaign dude with whom she reportedly had an affair

5. Sarah Palin rapped “Baby Got Back” on “The Masked Singer”

Seriously, in my opinion the biggest problem right now is lack of enough testing to relieve people's anxieties.

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
From Danaloesch.com:
The five craziest things that happened in the last HOUR:

quote:
Welcome to the Mos Eisley Cantina, America.

1. POTUS announces temporary travel ban on people and trade from Europe (UK exempt)

False. No ban on Trade.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^ Shows you the type of people that are in the NBA. Idiots.

Totally. A 6 year old has better judgement.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/XPpzHYKpndk

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Perhaps not, but:

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

why would we care if anyone in the USA goes to Europe at this point -- from the standpoint of virus spread? It's worse over there.

I care: I go there frequently. Getting back will be difficult.

Before anyone gets too excited, the situation is fluid, and I'm sure will continue to adapt and evolve.

There's far too much panic and sky-is-falling going on out there right now: what's true today may not be true tomorrow, and restrictions or lack there of this morning, don't necessarily apply this afternoon. Restrictions and permissions will evolve as things unfold.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The current ban apparently doesn't apply to Americans. For returning US citizens, they've been talking about 14-day quarantines, but only if returning from certain viral hot-spots.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16461 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Conferences keep cancelling. At least the majority are changing the format to some webcast or postponing instead of outright canceling but the live events industry is a bad industry to be in right now.

I still have a job so I’m lucky. A lot of this industry is comprised of freelance workers and small businesses who are all being hot a lot harder than me. Trump suspending the payroll tax is a great idea for those getting paid but does nothing to help freelancers or people laid off because of this. I still support it because I support anything that takes money out of the Feds pockets of course.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny thing. Yesterday we booked SFO to Oslo returning through Dublin for late June.

P229

Posts: 3880 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m supposed to get on a plane Friday for a two week trip to Hawaii. I don’t think I’m going to go. I’m not at all worried about the virus. I’m worried about the over reaction and how fast things are moving right now.

I don’t want to be out of the building at a time like this. The response is what worries me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post