SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Tom Hanks and his wife apparently caught the Coronavirus while in Australia. Just came out.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it'll attack celebrities, what chance does the common man stand?

This is war

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Tom Hanks and his wife apparently caught the Coronavirus while in Australia. Just came out.

Well that’s it. It’s all gonna end in a worldwide famine and mankind eating the peanuts out of each other’s shit.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4015 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Well that’s it. It’s all gonna end in a worldwide famine and mankind eating the peanuts out of each other’s shit.
^^^^ That's funny! LOL!

Posts: 4059 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If it'll attack celebrities, what chance does the common man stand?

This is war
. President Trump certainly has begun to prepare the public that this is serious. The best address I have seen him give!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
NBA suspends remainder of season.

Link

Posts: 1851 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
NBA suspends remainder of season.

Link

The NHL may do the same. They are drafting a statement as we speak. Frown

Posts: 7097 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest one go back and read pages 1-4 of this thread, then reflect what is happening tonight.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
I would suggest one go back and read pages 1-4 of this thread, then reflect what is happening tonight.

The only difference is the panic has gotten worse. Someone gets coronavirus in the NBA and they suspend the entire season? That’s called panic. That is not a logical decision at all. And that shit is what is epidemic.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4015 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Well, I watched the President's speech and it sure sounded to me like he was banning, effective midnight Friday, all travel from Europe to the US. Maybe I'm wrong but that is how it sounded to me.

The UK is exempt.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5139 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The only difference is the panic has gotten worse. Someone gets coronavirus in the NBA and they suspend the entire season? That’s called panic. That is not a logical decision at all. And that shit is what is epidemic.

Logic has gone completely out the window.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Awwww man. Not again!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If it'll attack celebrities, what chance does the common man stand?...

That's what I'm sayin'

I am doing my part. I have suspended my attendance at all operas and boy band reunion concerts.

I may put a halt to hip hop venues as well.

Posts: 8902 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Fuck the NBA.

I've never looked to them to provide any type of model that should be followed or listened to.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
All travel between the US and Europe suspended. Jesus.

In both directions, or just from Europe to the U.S.?

Only (so far) for 30 days

The wording I'm seeing is FROM Europe. So perhaps it's just one way for now.

why would we care if anyone in the USA goes to Europe at this point -- from the standpoint of virus spread? It's worse over there.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I imagine once you’re there, you’d need to pass a 14 day quarantine to get back into the states.

That would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry. I just find this all so pointless. The virus is here. It spans the country. Are we really helping at this point with these travel bans, quarantines, and isolation from crowds?

Airlines that were barely hanging on prior to this travel ban will likely be forced under now. Tomorrow is going to be something, especially the market. And now we're going to pay people to stay home? I think I may quarantine myself from the internet and media.

Airlines is how the virus got here, and Europe and most all over the map from China. The infected people didn't float here on a raft. While I find it extreme at this point as well, it will in fact majorly help contain the spreading of the disease. there is no better place for a healthy person to get sick than on an airplane or cruise ship. Bunch of people jam packed into a small space and all breathing the same air.

Posts: 21414 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
why would we care if anyone in the USA goes to Europe at this point -- from the standpoint of virus spread? It's worse over there.
Well, that person has to come back home at some point, doesn't he?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I believe the flight ban includes freight as well.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7188 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a conference call earlier today with one of our biggest dealers, they're a mall retailer with doors across the country. When asked how things are in general, they responded that they've seen a spike in business at their stores where school districts halted classes and have sent kids home. Those kids, are going to the mall and spending at the stores Roll Eyes Their mid-week sales have far exceeded last years numbers and blown past their daily goals.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the point in the USA, of all the cancellations, stay at home, and whatnot, is to slow the spread and not overwhelm healthcare, then why not make that clear?

The other point is: “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Too often, we have seen the media and others use a tactic, where the narrative is almost identical in words and phrasing, that steers the masses to a conclusion. Only to later discover.... bullshit.

While I do believe this bug has some teeth, we are doing more damage, trying to kill the thing with sledgehammers instead of flyswatters .

And for the record, I am in the "bad group" of over 60, compromised immune system, and little to no, healthcare.

But I have been (literally) fighting death my entire life, so he know the battle, and am not pissing myself or my life, because I might die from this thing.

And no issues with those who take reasonable precautions, it is and always has been a prudent position to have.

But, the damage being done from foolish hype and emotion, is without logic or benefit, and likely to lead to more deaths than this virus will ever bring.

If I am wrong, this is my affirmation, that my grave may be desecrated by anyone who survives...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44479 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post