SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Containment zone??

The cot damn zombies is percolatin' already!

Posts: 108191 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some may have weapons, but they may not be loaded. I have no inside knowledge, have just seen a variety of things afer natural disasters. I think it depends on the situation. My understanding is the Guard will doing cleanup.

Posts: 17369 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
All travel between the US and Europe suspended. Jesus.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30598 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
So I understand - the Chinese discovered this virus was "in the wild" in late November, 2019.

In Mid December 2019 - tens of thousand of Chinese college students in America returned home to China.

In January - millions of Chinese traveled to Las Vegas, a huge destination point during the Chinese New year.

In mid-January 2020 - those same tens of thousands of Chinese students returned to the US to resume college.

So this virus has been here in the US since mid-January?

I don't have a science degree or predictive model to illustrate the logic above - but shouldn't the spread here in the US be much further ahead than where we are being told it is after being here in the US for the past 8-weeks?

#1 Chinese New Year or, Lunar New Year, has people traveling to where ever their families are, Vegas isn't very high on the list of destinations. Vegas in-general is a top-3 destination for overseas travelers to the US, talk to most first timers visiting the US: NYC, Orlando and Vegas, along with Los Angeles and pick a major national park round-out, the top-5. Throw-in Miami for some.

#2 Can't get a predictive spread model unless you have an accurate count. Can't get an accurate count if people don't report in when they get a fever/cough. Most epidemiologist have said, end of Feb / beginning Mar will be when it blooms in the US; here we are. This is a moderate burn virus. Keep in mind health care in the US is not centralized, like much of gov, it's decentralized and focused at the state-level. Some states are better at managing emergencies than others...we'll see how this plays out.

Posts: 14819 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

In both directions, or just from Europe to the U.S.?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16504 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

I'm not 100% sure. I think it was both ways though with some exceptions for Americans who are properly screened.

The UK is exempt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30598 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it can come across as alarmist (and that alarm may well be well founded...) I found this article a pretty thorough analysis.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo...ill-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

In the above article is a link to this graphic on Reuters that shows "Case-31" in Korea who spread it to thousands of people.

https://graphics.reuters.com/C...00B5G33SB/index.html

Posts: 964 | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Only (so far) for 30 days

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Hopkins GIS interactive map

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6260 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
quote:

Yes, but is the ban in both directions? I'm seeing it is only Europe to US.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16504 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The wording I'm seeing is FROM Europe. So perhaps it's just one way for now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, but is the ban in both directions? I'm seeing it is only Europe to US.

From only at this stage

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I have to say, I find that action quite extreme.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I imagine once you’re there, you’d need to pass a 14 day quarantine to get back into the states.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15701 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I imagine once you’re there, you’d need to pass a 14 day quarantine to get back into the states.

He said 'appropriate screening' will be required for Americans returning.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry. I just find this all so pointless. The virus is here. It spans the country. Are we really helping at this point with these travel bans, quarantines, and isolation from crowds?

Airlines that were barely hanging on prior to this travel ban will likely be forced under now. Tomorrow is going to be something, especially the market. And now we're going to pay people to stay home? I think I may quarantine myself from the internet and media.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The video of President Trump's speech is on C-Span.

Watch it for yourselves.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
That would be a “Level 3 Health Travel Notice”, and does involve a 14-day quarantine.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why?
We’ve been told the incubation period is 14 days.
Seems logical that we would want to ensure someone is Coronavirus free before coming into the U.S.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
quote:

Why?
We’ve been told the incubation period is 14 days.
Seems logical that we would want to ensure someone is Coronavirus free before coming into the U.S.

Can you imagine how many Americans are currently traveling overseas?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)