SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Figured this thread was the right place to post this....

..and yes, I'm concerned about the influx of folks from other States although from what I'm hearing / seeing most are persecuted conservatives rather than libtards.

https://davidharrisjr.com/stev...-gov-noem-announces/

South Dakota Republican Gov. Kristi Noem has announced that the unemployment rate in South Dakota has dropped to just 3% despite the fact they have one of the highest growth rates by percentage in the country.

By percentage, South Dakota ranks fourth in increased population thanks to their no lockdown policies. The unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the pandemic.

The GOP governor resisted the Draconian lockdowns adhered to by Democratic governors. Noem allowed the state to stay open even as cases of the disease rose during that period. In all, just 1,696 died of the disease in the state. By comparison, New York lost over 1 million jobs due to the lockdown. California that has one of the most stringent lockdowns in the country has seen it’s infection rate skyrocket.

From Lucianne.com

South Dakota GOP Governor Kristi Noem’s rejection of instituting draconian “lockdowns” because of the coronavirus seems to be bearing fruit. In a survey conducted by United Van Lines in January that tracked customers’ 2020 state-to-state migration patterns, South Dakota ranked fourth in the nation, virtually tied for second behind the state of Idaho.

“Black Hills area realtors and builders say there’s an influx of people who are relocating permanently or buying land in the region — and the trend isn’t expected to slow anytime soon. Newcomers from California, Washington, New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., Texas, Michigan, Colorado and Virginia along with Minnesota, North Dakota and Wyoming.

NEWS: South Dakota's unemployment rate dropped to 3.0% in December.

That's lower than it was BEFORE the pandemic.

— Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) January 22, 2021

Noem made national headlines when she refused to follow instructions on what rules to put into place at the Mount Rushmore event that caused no spike in the numbers. She refused to issue stay at home policies during the event as demanded by the media and Democrats across the country. She told the press, “South Dakota is not New York City.”

From Fox News

But Noem has rejected the negative attention brought on by her state’s infection rate, calling the conclusions “demonstrably false,” in a December briefing.

“Many in the media criticized this approach, labeling me ill-informed, a ‘denier’, and reckless,” Noem told reporters. “Some have even asserted that South Dakota is ‘as bad as it gets anywhere in the world’ when it comes to COVID-19, a demonstrably false statement.”

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, South Dakota has the third-best unemployment rate in the country, behind Nebraska and Vermont.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I've been very fond of this woman for a long time, but became completely smitten with her when I saw her as she really is. This is what a true American politician looks like, and one who is worthy of my respect and admiration.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's not good news for SD.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
That's not good news for SD.

Yeah a friend in Georgia reminded me that when he moved there in '96 everyone he knew was conservative. Then there was an influx. Initial impressions were they were of like mind. But soon it was apparent they were being invaded by libtards changing the political landscape.

That's the fear here too. Thus far newbies have appeared to be right thinking. But as for the future... ????

And too, I enjoy our sparsely populated area. I don't want the congestion more people moving here will bring.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SD is on my remaining list of 4 states to visit. Going to try to get out there this summer. (which I think is only a few weeks long there Big Grin)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
What if you e already had it? Still have to wear a mask? If you are no longer contagious, why the mask.....

Even more relevant, what if you get the vaccine? What if you have every form of "I got mine" documentation to show you've been inoculated? I'll bet any amount of money you'll still be forced to wear the government mandated muzzle. Because it makes people feel safer. What a crock of shit

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Even more relevant, what if you get the vaccine? What if you have every form of "I got mine" documentation to show you've been inoculated? I'll bet any amount of money you'll still be forced to wear the government mandated muzzle. Because it makes people feel safer. What a crock of shit

That's going to come up pretty soon, too. If it's established that vaccinated individuals aren't able to incubate and spread the virus asymptomatically (probably the case), it's going to be an even tougher sell on the mask wearing. Of course, having vaccine card police ("your papers") to see if you need to be wearing it doesn't sound great either.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
What if you e already had it? Still have to wear a mask? If you are no longer contagious, why the mask.....

As has been the case all along, they don't know.

From the CDC Covid Vaccine FAQ website:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...ov/vaccines/faq.html

Q- Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact after receiving two doses of the vaccine?

A- Yes. Not enough information is currently available to say if or when CDC will stop recommending that people wear masks and avoid close contact with others to help prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide in real-world conditions before making that decision. Other factors, including how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities, will also affect this decision. We also don’t yet know whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to other people, even if you don’t get sick yourself. CDC will continue to update this page as we learn more.

While experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions, it will be important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic.

To protect yourself and others, follow these recommendations:

Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
Stay at least 6 feet away from others
Avoid crowds
Avoid poorly ventilated spaces
Wash your hands often
Together, COVID-19 vaccination and following CDC’s recommendations for how to protect yourself and others will offer the best protection from getting and spreading COVID-19.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
They're already building the cover for continued mask wearing, panic and loss of rights.

There's an article in the paper this morning describing a new strain of Covid that's more contagious AND people may not be protected by previously having the virus or by being vaccinated with the current vaccines. They'll milk this for years to keep their restrictions in place.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16634 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I've been ignoring them from the beginning. I will continue to ignore them.

The whole COVID thing was actually a good thing. You see that there are those among us who will give not only their Liberty, but yours too, if they are convinced it will give them a little security. Many so called gun owners fell for the exact same tactics that the left wants to use to ban guns. The threat has to be scary enough. There is no "save grandpa" exemptions in the Constitution. No COVID exemption. All it has done is called out the lefties in our midst to serve their America hating masters.

Just say no.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I've been ignoring them from the beginning. I will continue to ignore them.
Bingo. This is the approach everyone needs to start taking.

And because no one seems to want to broach this question, I will. If CDC has documented a survivability rate of over 99% for the vast majority of the population (and it has), and that acquiring the antibodies from having and recovering from the virus (assuming you even develop 'any' symptoms) is a good thing, why are we hellbent retarded about preventing the spread through the general population that is not at risk? I realize common sense in is very short supply today, but it seems, at least to me, that almost everything being done to 'save' us is actually 'hurting' us.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The most dangerous virus in this country isn’t covid. It’s the regressives

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So here's my experiences. I was in three confrontations in Costco in one day, in Richmond Va. My wife said your gonna get thrown out. I was in a confrontation in Walmart in Williamsburg Va. I was in a confrontation in Punta Gouda FL. Today in Potomac Mills Mall, which I haven't been in 20 years I had a young Asian woman pull her cell phone out of a baby carriage and start recording myself, my wife and grandchildren because I presume no one was wearing masks. I didn't notice it but my daughter did. My wife said she saw her pulling it out of the the stroller. I started to get pissed off but they were all telling me to let it go. So I did.
I started none of them, they came after me over masks.

Posts: 1106 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Just pull out your phone and start recording her. She’ll leave once she has her trick played on her

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
We be doing fine down under ...

Minimal cases, mostly from returned travelers.
And as Melbourne is soon to host the Australian Open (tennis), more overseas travelers.

Of course, this is far from over ...

Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration, medical regulator), has provisionally approved Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for use in Australia.
Rollout starts in late February.

(source: www.theage.com.au)
The Pfizer vaccine comes with minor but common side effects, the TGA’s release documentation states.

More than 60 per cent of who get a jab will experience fatigue, more than 50 per cent will get a headache, more than 30 per cent will get muscle pain or chills and more than 20 per cent will have joint pain.

Most of these effects dissipate a few days after vaccination. Young people seem slightly more likely to have side effects compared with the elderly.

So far, the vaccine trials have tracked participants for only two months. However, the TGA’s vaccine experts believe nearly all serious vaccine side effects should show up after four weeks, so they are confident the vaccine has an acceptable level of safety.

Before the vaccine is released to health professionals, it will undergo batch testing at the TGA’s laboratories to check quality control.
(source: www.theage.com.au)

Many of my friends and acquaintances have said that will line up when generally available.
Just like they have for the flu shot.

Does one need to have both, C-19 and flu jab?
No clear indication from Aussie health authorities yet.

If I want to travel, I'm going to need a negative test result; seems all airlines will adopt this policy?

What if one has a "vaccine passport"?
Is the negative test result an absolute?

Too many questions and issues.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I am glad to hear it, but will note we also did better in summer. Whatever sunshine or vitamin D does to help apparently makes a difference. They don't call winter the cold and flu season for nothing. Hope all is this well once you get to your winter season.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2079 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Perhaps masks should be limited to people that are actually sick.

Forcing people who are not sick to wear a mask is simply making everyone assume that your sick when your not.

Perhaps a trial might be in order. I will wear your mask if you can prove I am sick.

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
I was in a confrontation in Punta Gouda FL.

I'm assuming Punta Gorda and on behalf of the rest of Charlotte County, I'm sorry you were accosted. Punta Gorda is the only city in Charlotte County and it seems to be full of people that like to tell others how to live. The County Board voted against a mask ordinance, so there is no legal requirement to wear one in Charlotte County. Punta Gorda voted for a mask ordinance.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Perhaps masks should be limited to people that are actually sick.

Forcing people who are not sick to wear a mask is simply making everyone assume that your sick when your not.

Perhaps a trial might be in order. I will wear your mask if you can prove I am sick.

I don't care if people wear masks. If that makes them feel safer, fine. Hell, I don't care if they hide in their basements for the rest of their lives, but it's time they STFU & let the rest of us get on with our lives.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I don't care if people wear masks. If that makes them feel safer, fine. Hell, I don't care if they hide in their basements for the rest of their lives, but it's time they STFU & let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I've thought that from the beginning. Let people buy N95s if that's what they want and worry about themselves. I spend my days 18" from unmasked patients while I work on their teeth. If my N95 is good enough there, it would certainly be good enough for someone passing unmasked in Home Depot.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post