SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My company, one of the world’s largest medical distributors in the world, just banned all face to face meetings. If you can work at home, you stay home.

I’m a medical rep who’s job entails spending my days in hospitals. And now I’m no longer able to go to hospitals. Better work on my phone game!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m literally at a loss for words. I guess this panic is great if you’re a hermit. Your lifestyle is now normalized.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3989 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
To respond to 46 and 2:

I am a cardiologist, so also trained in internal medicine. I also have training in epidemiology and biostatistics but do not consider myself an expert in either field.

Posts: 18193 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
{sprays 409 on the screen and wipes with a soft cloth}

Please remove your shoes and deposit them into the incinerator

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, our Piece of Shit Governor (DeWine) just ordered that events with over 1,000 spectators will not be permitted.

I have 5 NHL games left in my season tickets. That is north of $900 of my hard earned money. I just checked and there is a disclaimer that I could be out that money for a sundry of reasons that this would fall under.

First the gas tax, then the floating of red flags laws, and now this. DeWine will lose his next election and we will have another FREAKING DEMOCRAT governor in 2022.

I am beyond pissed right now...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Leftist media and government at work.

Russia didn't work.
Impeachment didn't work.
Fuck it, let's kamikaze the US economy and burn the mf'r to the ground.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Who here (Sigforum, participating in this conversation) is an M.D., or related PhD working in the field, or some other related professional with direct knowledge based on hard science or first-hand experience?

No judgements, I've just forgotten who is/was a physician and it's hard to tell sometimes whats what and who's saying what, and which ones are based on expertise, versus adept-Googling, WAGs, or whatever...

I know we have Jones and Rhino and Para keeping it real, funny, and hysteria free.

But who all is dropping the science here, versus yahoos like me just reading shit?

Doc H, I've forgotten what sort of doctor you are.

Missed the post, but DDS/MD with a smattering of post-grad virology training, and DoD experience working with researchers of topic at hand, near enough, years ago. By no means an expert, and anyone's opinion is as valid as mine - more so since I retired from the world some time ago.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son works at a small non-profit animal rescue and one of his coworkers tested positive.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WSU just canceled in person classes for the rest of the semester as well. Spring break is next week and after that everything will be online only. I bet they end up making big money off this virus.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Mother of all Snow Days

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Attention Broke Millennials: This Lab Will Pay You To Get Infected With Covid-19

Millions of Americans (mainly millennials) trapped in the gig-economy with insurmountable debts are soon going to experience further financial hardships as a result of a Covid-19 breakout across the country, grinding their local economies to a standstill.

With job losses expected as the gig-economy implodes, and many metro areas across the country are transforming into ghost towns, millennials will need to figure out new ways to make money, that is because they need to service their auto debt, credit cards, and student loans.

One such opportunity, at the moment, is to be a guinea pig for biotechnology companies developing coronavirus vaccines. Now, remember, you will be handsomely rewarded, but also, you're going to save the human race for extinction.

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...et-infected-covid-19

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24303 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go.

Wednesday, March 11, Gov. Inslee imposed restrictions on large gatherings in Pierce, King, and Snohomish counties through March 31 to limit spread of COVID-19.

Please cancel gatherings of 250 or more people for social, spiritual and recreational activities including, but not limited to:

• Community.
• Civic.
• Public.
• Leisure.
• Faith-based.
• Sporting events.
• Parades.
• Concerts.
• Festivals.
• Conventions.
• Fundraisers.
• Similar activities.

If you need planning support or resources, call 1 (855) 722-5378.

Visit Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department at tpchd.org/coronavirus for information

Coronavirus is a group of viruses that includes the common cold. If you’ve ever had a runny nose, cough or sore throat, you've likely had a form of coronavirus.
tpchd.org

Posts: 2129 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
the losses in revenue to cities from the NCAA's decision will be huge, not only hotels, airfare losses will be on the fans, tickets won't be refunded since theirs probably a disclaimer for these things, lots of local bars restaurants servers and staff.

What a joke, hopefully some city finds a way to successfully sue the hell out of the NCAA ...

Posts: 23779 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Leftist media and government at work.

Russia didn't work.
Impeachment didn't work.
Fuck it, let's kamikaze the US economy and burn the mf'r to the ground.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16849 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Who here (Sigforum, participating in this conversation) is an M.D., or related PhD working in the field, or some other related professional with direct knowledge based on hard science or first-hand experience?

No judgements, I've just forgotten who is/was a physician and it's hard to tell sometimes whats what and who's saying what, and which ones are based on expertise, versus adept-Googling, WAGs, or whatever...

I know we have Jones and Rhino and Para keeping it real, funny, and hysteria free.

But who all is dropping the science here, versus yahoos like me just reading shit?

Doc H, I've forgotten what sort of doctor you are.

My wife is an MD. I'm a computer scientist (in the lots-and-lots-of-math sense, not the programmer sense, although I do that, too). I don't have deep knowledge of biology or medicine but I have a solid background in statistics and the mathematical models that describe the spread of disease.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My nephews are playing in an Ohio high school regional basketball tournament tonight. The powers that be are limiting spectators to 4 per player on the team. The good news for my brother and sister in law is they have 2 players on the team so they can bring 6 more people of their choosing.

Posts: 11203 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The spreading panic is the real panDEMic here. And the people really being hurt by all this have no say in it.

Utah State University to cancel all events and travel as precaution to coronavirus -
https://www.fox13now.com/news/...ution-to-coronavirus

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30608 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Soccer matches in Europe are doing the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
BREAKING: NCAA Basketball Tournaments to be played without fans in attendance

https://spartanswire.usatoday....-fans-in-attendance/

Posts: 1998 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I have a pre-med biology degree. I never made it to medical school because of my own health problems.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16504 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
To respond to 46 and 2:

I am a cardiologist, so also trained in internal medicine...

Based on what you have read and have been able to observe about this virus so far, are we overreacting with the university shutdowns, the NCAA fan cancellations, etc?

Posts: 8666 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post