SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m going to say they misspoke or you maybe misheard them. Ivermectin is only available in a 3mg oral tablet, a 1% topical cream and 0.5% topical lotion. Additionally, I doubt a hospital would be administering that for COVID since it’s not an FDA approved use. I’m not saying it isn’t possibly effective, just that the hospital docs won’t be prescribing that for COVID treatment.

Monoclonal antibodies on the other hand, are administered how you’re describing. The ones used to treat COVID are Bamlanivimab plus etesevimab (although I think this one has been paused), Casirivimab plus imdevimab, and sotrovimab.

We used bamlanivimab on our COVID pts earlier this year with great success.

I’m a pharmacist BTW.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Eric,
I talked with my doctor about what I would do if I contracted Covid. He said he would recommend me for the Monoclonal antibodies infusion. There are two sites near us that do it.
I agree that’s probably the treatment Warhorses wife is getting.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected gentlemen, when I told my wife about this thread, she said you guys are right, my apologies to all. She is getting Monoclonal antibodies infusion. My stepdaughter was telling her about Ivermectin, and I misunderstood her when she was relaying all this info to me.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to apologize at all. I have no doubt you have a few things on your mind at the moment. Please do take care. I hope your wife feels better after the treatment.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
No apologies necessary. Good luck to your wife and keep us posted.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Not that easy to get hold of but not impossible.
So, how did you get it? I see you got it from a pharmacy and not the feed store out on State Route 416.

It's the same exact stuff. Just don't take a horse sized dose !! I worked as a Vet Tech years back and there are only 3 differences between the vast majority of Veterinary meds vs. People meds: Price, Packaging and Dosage.

Isn’t the feed store stuff either liquid or paste? (I know the wife buys the “apple flavored” paste to worm the horse). Seems like one would have to figure out the appropriate amount of milliliters to get 3 mg of active ingredient. While I’m sure you’re right, finding someone to prescribe (and fill) the pills might be a safer bet.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Not that easy to get hold of but not impossible.
So, how did you get it? I see you got it from a pharmacy and not the feed store out on State Route 416.

It's the same exact stuff. Just don't take a horse sized dose !! I worked as a Vet Tech years back and there are only 3 differences between the vast majority of Veterinary meds vs. People meds: Price, Packaging and Dosage.

Isn’t the feed store stuff either liquid or paste? (I know the wife buys the “apple flavored” paste to worm the horse). Seems like one would have to figure out the appropriate amount of milliliters to get 3 mg of active ingredient. While I’m sure you’re right, finding someone to prescribe (and fill) the pills might be a safer bet.

I posted this a few months ago. I hope this helps. Maybe a vet can reply and let us know their thoughts on this. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I know this is a dumb question. And not pragmatic since I don’t have supply. But just curious. Would taking ivermectin prophylactically be similar to taking antibiotics prophylactically? Does it lead to drug resistant strains?

Is it better to take it prophylactically or only reactively?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If anyone has access and willing to send me some of the horse medicine I am in. I do not think that would be against any law or rules. You can get at tractor supply after all. If it is disregard. Email in profile.

Para, delete if inappropriate in your mind.

Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I know this is a dumb question. And not pragmatic since I don’t have supply. But just curious. Would taking ivermectin prophylactically be similar to taking antibiotics prophylactically? Does it lead to drug resistant strains?

Is it better to take it prophylactically or only reactively?

You see all them guys in Africa……..you don’t see any of them dying of COVID. Nor is there a new strain that has defeated the ivermectin.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would seem logical your body would not develop a resistance to Ivermectin. Otherwise live stock and farmers would be facing that same issue.

3mg is not going to do much against Covid. 5mg can be taken prophylactically but I would not recommend it. The standard Covid dosage is 12mg (15-16 if over 200lbs) for 3-5 days. VB's post above is good - and you do not want to mistake milligrams for milliliters - huge difference. 12mg is a very minute dosage.

Disclaimer - I am not a Doctor. I learned about Ivermectin a few years back from a friend that had worked for the Government as in infrastructure analyst and spend decades in 3rd world/underdeveloped countries and used Ivermectin for other threats.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Did y'all hear Rand Paul dress down HHS Secretary Becerra over acknowledging the natural immunity acquired from having had Covid? It was a thing of beauty.

https://www.realclearpolitics....atural_immunity.html

And if you had any doubt about the bias of Google, try searching for this topic on Google vs. DuckDuckgo.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ awesome video.
Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Here’s Why the Vaccines Aren’t Working
A Primer on the COVID Vaccines
by Ted Noel MD

https://noqreport.com/2021/09/...cines-arent-working/

We Cannot Comply Our Way Out of Tyranny

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ugh-hewitt-interview

The video included is pretty brutal, Fauci couldn't accept that people don't like him.

Posts: 343 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Oh Look, a protease inhibitor available from Merck and not Tractor Supply.
Where oh where did Merck ever get the idea to try a protease inhibitor ?
Link

WASHINGTON (AP) — Merck & Co. said Friday that its experimental COVID-19 pill reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus and that it would soon ask health officials in the U.S. and around the world to authorize its use.
Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ugh-hewitt-interview

The video included is pretty brutal, Fauci couldn't accept that people don't like him.

WHoa, he didn't like hearing that his 15 minutes might be up

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where oh where did Merck ever get the idea to try a protease inhibitor ?

It's Ivermectin under a new name and a price 1,000 times higher.
But don't worry, there will be two available:
IverMercktin and Pfizermectin

-rduckwor

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

According to the video, Merck's is a polymerase inhibitor, Pfizer has the protease inhibitor.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
WHoa, he didn't like hearing that his 15 minutes might be up

Hubris on display.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post