SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

What a great way to encourage people to stock up now. “Quick, buy at least a three year supply while you still can!”

I would tend to agree. OTOH the recent redesignation of NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) gives me pause. I'm not going into NAC beyond saying it has been shown to be useful in treating the coof. NAC was a prescription med with specific uses in the 60's, was reclassified as a supplement and has long been shown to have very useful antioxidant, scavenging and expectorant properties. Apparently pressure was put on Amazon and other on-line vendors to drop it. Steven Crowder discusses this, starting at 24:30 in --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzWFIqKbaU

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
^^^^^

Our local health/supplement store claims the feds are making noise about designating some (many?) vitamins and supplements as drugs that will require prescriptions. Not heard that anywhere else but consider ourselves warned.

NAC will be high on that list since it has helped people with Covid. They already did something and Amazon pulled it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
^^^^^

Our local health/supplement store claims the feds are making noise about designating some (many?) vitamins and supplements as drugs that will require prescriptions. Not heard that anywhere else but consider ourselves warned.

What a great way to encourage people to stock up now. “Quick, buy at least a three year supply while you still can!”

Not saying that the drug pushers at the FDA might not be considering, or even wanting to do this, just noticing that it makes great marketing copy…

I suspect there's some garbling going on as information gets passed along from person to person.

It has been the case for a long time that any product whose manufacturer/vendor/whatever makes medical claims about the product must have those claims scientifically evaluated and the product approved by the FDA.

The supplement industry not having their products be subject to FDA approval is literally completely dependent on their carefully never saying the supplements actually DO anything.

Fairly frequently, some supplement company steps over the line and gets slapped by the FDA.

I would bet some of the supplement companies are eager to capitalize on COVID fears to increase sales and are skirting that line and being threatened with having to get FDA approval, which the game of Telephone turned into "will require prescriptions."

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
We Are on the Verge of the Greatest Shortage of Healthcare Workers in U.S. History
This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I just noticed something odd

why is it that all of the people that make these abysmal and irrational decisions never pay a personal price for it?

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they will this time. Maybe this time it will be unavoidable.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Melbourne, VIC

Extracts from article, link below:

Self-testing kits for COVID-19 will be made available in Australia from 1 November after a decision by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

Rapid antigen tests are already used widely in Europe and the United States and can provide a result within 20 minutes.

SBS article:
Australians able to test themselves for COVID-19 at home from November 2021

This will supplement the PCR testing ... those who have used this type of testing, what say you as to accuracy?

I'm sure that this will be dependent on the required higher levels of vaccinations in Australia.

So we can get our freedoms back.
Yay.

Sigh.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Sadly the news today is not even shocking.

Democrats Vote AGAINST COVID Tests for Illegal Immigrants Entering U.S.
Link

United Airlines Prepares to Fire 600 Employees for Refusing Covid-19 Jab
Link

United Airlines Holdings Inc. is moving ahead with plans to terminate close to 600 employees who didn’t meet its Covid-19 vaccination deadline, company officials said Tuesday.

Now the Sept. 27 deadline has passed, and while most of the airline’s employees complied, United is starting the process of firing 593 employees who didn’t get the shots, company officials said. Those workers can still save their jobs if they opt to get vaccinated in the coming days before their official termination meetings, airline officials said Tuesday.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
United is starting the process of firing 593 employees who didn’t get the shots, company officials said. Those workers can still save their jobs if they opt to get vaccinated in the coming days before their official termination meetings, airline officials said Tuesday.
Yep, purely voluntary though. Is this really the United States of America?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did kimber1911 post anything?

Nothing to see here...
*All I see is a blank post.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*pulls head from ass.

Oh, I can see it now.

Sorry, I must have had a demo'rat episode.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/le...ld-go-back-to-normal

Babylon Bee SATIRE

Leftists afraid things could go back to normal soon because so many people are now vaccinated or recovered naturally from the virus.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well, I got the e-mail this morning. They're officially requiring disclosure of vaccination status. We can no longer say "do not wish to disclose." I haven't answered their damn mandatory survey yet. I'll be filing my religious exemption letter soon.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5400 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Well I didn't have a tin foil hat, but, might consider making one now.

A good friend who lives in Germany relayed a story to me which exposes the link between Major Media, Big Tech, our government (National Institutes of Health).

Basically ivermectin could have stopped the COVID pandemic in its tracks but they colluded to bury it and also generate profits to the manufacturer of remdesivir - Gilead.

This is personal to my spouse and I as we both were hit very hard by COVID in mid-January. I was hospitalized for 6 days and my wife for 9 days. She also needed O2 at home and still has not fully recovered. We were also given remdesivir.

I don't know how to embed the video so here is the link to the 24 minute video:

https://rumble.com/vlzihf-the-...in-and-covid-19.html

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Well I didn't have a tin foil hat, but, might consider making one now.

A good friend who lives in Germany relayed a story to me which exposes the link between Major Media, Big Tech, our government (National Institutes of Health).

Basically ivermectin could have stopped the COVID pandemic in its tracks but they colluded to bury it and also generate profits to the manufacturer of remdesivir - Gilead.

This is personal to my spouse and I as we both were hit very hard by COVID in mid-January. I was hospitalized for 6 days and my wife for 9 days. She also needed O2 at home and still has not fully recovered. We were also given remdesivir.

Myself and others were calling BULLSHIT on this whole thing from the outset. If memory serves, we were castigated by some for being extreme loons. What is sad is there are STILL those here, after all this time and lack of REAL scientific proof with regard to masks and "vaccines", who can't see this FARCE for exactly what it is. As we say in Texas, "Well bless their hearts...".

I pray you BOTH return to 100% health, h20ys!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you erj_pilot!

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not that easy to get hold of but not impossible.
I feel a lot better with this in my back pocket.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

Posts: 12683 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not that easy to get hold of but not impossible.
So, how did you get it? I see you got it from a pharmacy and not the feed store out on State Route 416.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wife got a positive on Monday.
Me today.

Luckily, mild cases, just flu-ish symptoms (achy, low fever, cough, sinus pressure) & a nagging cough.

She's nearly back to normal except the cough (better than it was earlier in the week) & sinus.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
A friendly physician wrote me a Rx for ivermectin when I tested positive a couple weeks ago. It took several days and lots of calling and finally getting pushy but I was able to fill it. I think once they figured out I wasn’t going to drop it they caved.

I have not been able to get the refill filled. I’d like a course of the ivermectin on hand for my wife for when she gets it.

Posts: 6367 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post