SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ I will NEVER believe ANYTHING they say EVER again!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Comply, or Not to Comply: Virginia State Employee Chooses Termination Over Obedience

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...5YCvsrAAgKgMllReTXRy

For Nancy Orr, the decision to make her own medical decisions came with a high price.

Getting fired in September from her executive assistant position at Richmond’s Library of Virginia wasn’t exactly a surprise, however, because, as she told The Epoch Times, she saw it coming.

“Like many people at the beginning of this, I wore a mask, and tried to honor what they were recommending,” Orr said.

In December 2020, she had contracted the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, commonly known as the novel coronavirus, the pathogen that causes COVID-19.

Her physician, Leland Stillman, who has now moved his practice (Leland Stillman, MD) from Virginia to Orlando, Florida, had prescribed her ivermectin, which she said reduced her symptoms within hours.

Stillman told The Epoch Times that Orr was one of many patients he had prescribed ivermectin beginning last year, “with great results.”

“I still prescribe it to patients because I don’t see any downsides, and there are tremendous upsides,” Stillman said. “What kind of doctor doesn’t prescribe a therapy that he knows is effective, with documented efficacy in the literature, and is safer than Tylenol?”

Orr said she now has lab-verified immunity.

“But that’s not recognized under this executive order,” Orr said.

In August, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam enacted an executive order that requires state employees to show proof of vaccination or be tested weekly.

Orr said she stopped wearing the mask months prior because she said, in addition to having natural immunity, wearing the mask causes her respiratory distress, raising her heart rate, which leads to high blood pressure.

To Comply, Or Not To Comply
After having COVID-19, she considered the testing, mask, and vaccine unnecessary for her, but as government guidelines turned into mandates, the ominous choice loomed: to comply, or not to comply.

“I could not in good conscience participate in the process because I see it explicitly as a vaccine passport,” Orr said. “They don’t have the right to that information. They don’t have the right to segregate people based on their medical status, and it’s not based on anything scientific because we now know that the fully vaccinated can be infected and transmit the virus.”

Privileging people based on their medical status is discriminatory, Orr added.

“It’s immoral, unethical, illegal, and unconstitutional,” Orr said.

She considered the religious and medical exemption that was available due to her COVID-19-recovered status, but decided against it.

“I just realized that if I chose a medical exemption, I would be validating or even declaring participation by declaring my vaccine status, and it’s simply none of their damn business,” Orr said. “It’s private medical information, and just because someone issues an executive order, that doesn’t make it legal, and it certainly doesn’t make it moral or ethical.”

Americans With Disability Act Defense
Orr said she turned to an individual rights advocacy organization called The Zunga, described by one of its members, John Jay Singleton, as an organization of professionals that provides representation for people to exercise their rights within the framework of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

According to Singleton on The Zunga’s website, “Everyone is regarded as having a disability, being that everyone is regarded as having a contagious disease. This is where it all begins: everyone can express their rights that are being violated through the Americans with Disabilities Act.”

Under the COVID-19 protocols, Orr said people are classified as having an infection, which is a qualifying disability under the ADA.

Because of this, she said, if one is deemed disabled, that person has the right to invoke protection under the ADA, which she said means she has the right to decline “any accommodation” that is being offered, such as the testing, masks, and vaccines.

Using templates and guidance from her membership with The Zunga, she filed a complaint of discrimination against the Library of Virginia and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

“There is an active investigation,” Orr said. “I will also be filing a federal lawsuit for wrongful termination, discrimination, and retaliation based on the disability they regarded me as having, which resulted in the termination of my employment.”

At 63 years old, Orr said she had planned on working at the library until she retired.

Uncomfortable and Distressing
“I’m not a person of significant means, so I’m taking a considerable financial hit,” Orr said. “It’s been uncomfortable and distressing.”

Orr doesn’t expect to triumph with her complaint against the library, she said, “since medicine and government have been weaponized,” adding that she doesn’t think she’ll even be able to get unemployment.

“But I’m following through because this is in alignment with what I believe to be true,” Orr said.

Meanwhile, she said, she’s moving on with her life, getting involved politically, and seeking out others who are not complying.

‘No Strings on Me’
Leading up to her termination, she experienced anxiety and sleepless nights, she said, as narratives around COVID-19 policies veered further out of the bounds of rationality.

“I couldn’t stomach it anymore,” Orr said. “I personally see everyone involved in this as complicit in criminal activity in perpetuating Gov. Northam’s order.”

At the very least, her consolation today is that she is free, proclaiming: “there are no strings on me.”

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’ve been really reluctant and quite anti-Covid vaccine from the beginning with this but I’ve gone ahead and scheduled the J&J shot for Monday morning.

My 27 year old nephew dying from Covid this week really shook me and then the final straw was hearing from my good friend Friday night that a co-worker of his, age 48 and the same age as me, also with young children, caught it and died this week as well.

It’s the complete randomness of how this hits people that’s finally made me make up my own mind . Why is it my Dad age 76 got it recently and was fine but his 27 year old grandson is now a jar of ashes because of it? Frown

As it should be. You've weighed the pros and cons and made YOUR choice. It's the forced vaccination or lose your job I don't agree with.
Agreed, but just also factor in that there is 'zero' long term data to support the comment that this vaccine is 'safe'. No one knows what the vaccines 'might' do to your internal systems over a number of years. I fully grasp your concern(s) given the recent tragedies you've had to deal with.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
War has been declared on the American people by our own government and most people STILL don't realize it.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I guess it raises the question "Are these deaths what we would call 'excess deaths', meaning above and beyond what you would expect in a given time period?"

Silence from those in a position to investigate and mass censorship answers all my questions.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/lou...tter_impression=true

Louisiana's largest health care system charging $200 a month if your spouse is not vaccinated.

Where does it end? (Rhetorical) I'm waiting for the mandate word to be spoken at work. I work in an automotive stamping plant with around 500 employees. So far, just a letter posted by the time clock, saying they are waiting for their legal team's response.

Posts: 343 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Louisiana is one of the places in this country where you really don't want to fuck with people's family. The resentment of all this insanity and overreach will, I believe, reach a point where otherwise law-abiding people will feel compelled to commit acts which will be classified by the government and by the press as "domestic terrorism". And that goes for this country at large, not just Louisiana, but, down there, the sense of family and honor are so strong, these things cannot be properly gauged by outsiders.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:Agreed, but just also factor in that there is 'zero' long term data to support the comment that this vaccine is 'safe'. No one knows what the vaccines 'might' do to your internal systems over a number of years. I fully grasp your concern(s) given the recent tragedies you've had to deal with.

That is absolutely true, but there is also zero long term data evaluating the long term effects of natural infection. It could range from nothing, to permanent lung damage, to latent virus (chicken pox>shingles) that plagues the individual for the rest of their life. Lots of unknowns.

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Louisiana's largest health care system charging $200 a month if your spouse is not vaccinated.

And this is supposedly a red state. Just wait until the blue states catch on. What next? Increased premiums if you own firearms? Don’t get the flu vaccine? Drive too fast? Don’t support certain initiatives? This is a dangerous and slippery slope that should alarm anyone no matter what side of the vaccine fence you are on.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:Agreed, but just also factor in that there is 'zero' long term data to support the comment that this vaccine is 'safe'. No one knows what the vaccines 'might' do to your internal systems over a number of years. I fully grasp your concern(s) given the recent tragedies you've had to deal with.
That is absolutely true, but there is also zero long term data evaluating the long term effects of natural infection. It could range from nothing, to permanent lung damage, to latent virus (chicken pox>shingles) that plagues the individual for the rest of their life. Lots of unknowns.
Please stop it. There is likely no way to avoid Covid infection even if one is vaccinated. We've already seen the data that proves vaccined people can both acquire and spread the virus. That's reality. The vaccine is entirely avoidable. If an unvaccinated person suffers future negative health impacts, they will be due to initial viral exposure not natural immunity. Those same risks exist in a fully vaccinated individual. However the fully vaccinated individual also incurs the potential additional risks of taking the vaccine. The two situations are not the same when it comes to potential risk. My point was to take that additional risk factor into consideration when determining whether to get vaccinated or not.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Long article, so I won’t copy it here. It sums up a lot of things.
Dr. Joseph Mercola: Medical Mafia Is Sinking the Health Care System

https://noqreport.com/2021/10/...-health-care-system/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
This is by design. They'll say "the only thing that can save us is socialized medicine."

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
And One-World Government.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
This is interesting... cnbc questioning the fauci agenda???

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...through-cases-video/

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Long article, so I won’t copy it here. It sums up a lot of things.
Dr. Joseph Mercola: Medical Mafia Is Sinking the Health Care System

https://noqreport.com/2021/10/...-health-care-system/

Mercola is a big time alternative medicine quack whose entire professional identity seems to be bound up in promoting his dietary supplement business.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^The least popular item on every restaurant menu: grilled Fauci

BTW, they need to just stop with this "breakthough" horse shit. There's no such thing, and anyone who doesn't know this by now has not been paying attention. You get the virus, or you don't get the virus, vaccine or no vaccine. Stop with the lame excuse of "breakthroughs"

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:Mercola is a big time alternative medicine quack whose entire professional identity seems to be bound up in promoting his dietary supplement business.

Exactly. I said as much earlier in this thread. He has been a snake oil salesman for decades before anyone ever heard of Covid. Just because he opposes the CDC on this, doesn't mean he isn't entirely full of shit. He's got an unblemished track record.

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because he opposes the CDC on this, doesn't mean he isn't entirely full of shit. He's got an unblemished track record.

Could you point out what part of the article is “entirely full of shit”?
In other words could you focus on the message instead of attacking the messenger?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:Mercola is a big time alternative medicine quack whose entire professional identity seems to be bound up in promoting his dietary supplement business.

Exactly. I said as much earlier in this thread. He has been a snake oil salesman for decades before anyone ever heard of Covid. Just because he opposes the CDC on this, doesn't mean he isn't entirely full of shit. He's got an unblemished track record.

You seem like an expert on the guy.
Why don't you post some videos of HIM selling snake oil?
Give us some examples. MSM website hit pieces don't count.
Tell us what you consider "SNAKE OIL" and let members decide.

-- George Orwell