SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Don't know how much of what she opined in this piece is accurate or not, ...

It's not even that. First I'd like to know if she's real and if she really wrote that.

How many times have we seen something allegedly said or written by somebody that turned out to be a complete fabrication?

Same as with the "Spartacus" letter: Is it real, or somebody's fevered imagination?

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well damn Frown

Found out yesterday that my nephew, age 27, who lived in Florida died from Covid.

My condolences, PASig Frown

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I haven't heard that much noise from a digital camera, ...

Not just any old digital camera, but a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) camera. They actually have all kinds of mechanical bits behind the lens. You should hear my Canon DSLR fire in the high-speed repeat mode. Makes quite a racket.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

I haven't heard that much noise from a digital camera, but I'm deaf also. It was almost like a soundtrack dubbed in to make it seem like more of a public photo op.

Wouldn't put it past them.

Just like the “hammer cock” sound when a Glock is shown in TV shows.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
First I'd like to know if she's [LTC Theresa Long, MD] real and if she really wrote that.
She is real. My O-6 brother just verified her identity to me.

quote:
Well damn Frown

Found out yesterday that my nephew, age 27, who lived in Florida died from Covid.
My heart-felt condolences, PASig. Frown Frown

I've heard this infection really attacks the lungs and if the patient has a predisposition of a pulmonary issue (even hidden or undiagnosed), then this is really gonna be a problem if you don't catch it early at the first sign of fever and/or other symptoms.

Really truly sorry to hear that news....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
First I'd like to know if she's real and if she really wrote that.
Let me clarify, I'm commenting merely on the highlighted text. I don't care who said it, I completely agree with the meaning.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Let me clarify, I'm commenting merely on the highlighted text. I don't care who said it, I completely agree with the meaning.

I understood that part and agree wholeheartedly.

I was addressing your "Don't know how much ... is accurate ..." comment. Before considering whether or not what she allegedly wrote is accurate, I'd like to know whether she actually wrote it. (It appears to be confirmed she's real, as per erj_pilot.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
No doubt LTC Long is aware and knows there is a website purporting to contain a very lengthy document with her name attached. I would think that if it were untrue, she would be PUBLICLY denying any such affidavit exists and that she submitted no such claims as to the subject at hand.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One would think, erj_pilot. But, having been burned one-too-many times, and having seen others suffer the same fate, I'm cautious Wink

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Oh I get it...... [insert thumbs up here] Big Grin

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here, let me help. I speak GIF.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
This is an anonymously posted document by someone who calls themselves Spartacus.
The original PDF doc is here: https://www.docdroid.net/kZZXc...spartacus-letter-pdf

Unsurprisingly: The above link is now 404.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well, I can now add something to this thread. Rapid testing is not reliable. Had body aces Friday, fevered Saturday night, got tested Sunday morning. Rapids said I was good-to-go but I stayed home Monday and today because I just felt 'blah' and had a temp of 100*.

Today I got the call my PCR came back positive.

So I'm off until next Wednesday. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16174 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
This is an anonymously posted document by someone who calls themselves Spartacus.
The original PDF doc is here: https://www.docdroid.net/kZZXc...spartacus-letter-pdf

Unsurprisingly: The above link is now 404.

Someone at Treehouse saved it on WaybackMachine.

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:

SHIT. Fuck you China! Mad

Very sorry to hear. My condolences.

In addition to chicom, don't forget Fauci and ilk involvement in this. Gates and others may have a hand in this. And we should include all those that have forced a bad, unethical and corrupt response to the exposure as well.

The people who participated in / funded the research. The people who not only ignored viable treatment options but actually removed them for political and/or financial gain, including the entire medical insurance establishment. The social media who removed / obfuscated real data under the guise of political misinformation. To all of them, fuck you.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12681 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Here, let me help. I speak GIF.
HA!!! Thanks, Mr. Monkey. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Well, I can now add something to this thread. Rapid testing is not reliable. Had body aces Friday, fevered Saturday night, got tested Sunday morning. Rapids said I was good-to-go but I stayed home Monday and today because I just felt 'blah' and had a temp of 100*.

Today I got the call my PCR came back positive.

So I'm off until next Wednesday. LOL

You’re supposed to wait four days from the onset of symptoms to get tested.

“And even on the day individuals began showing symptoms, the false negative rate was still 38 percent, dropping to 20 percent three days after symptom onset. Of course, much depends on the sensitivity of the particular test being used.” Link

Posts: 10811 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

SHIT. Fuck you China! Mad

Very sorry to hear. My condolences as well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this PAsig. The disease sucks, the reaction sucks, everything about the situation sucks.

I'm so sick of COVID right now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I hear President Two Scoops went through the charade of getting a "booster shot" while talking to the press.

Gosh, I'm sold. Sign me up.

This guy is the biggest fucking douchebag on the planet. What a jackass.
It was “staged”.
Pretend Windows.
Pretend Outdoors.
Pretend President.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Fake Windows, Fake Outside, Fake President.
Fake press

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spartacus letter with tons of its reference notes. Download before it “goes away”. Very good stuff.

https://westernrifleshooters.u...his-copy-gets-nuked/

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post