SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No shit?

I'll let Joseph Campbell take it from here:

The idea of Truth with a capital “T”—that there is something called Truth that’s beyond the range of the relativity of the human mind trying to think—is what I call “the error of the found truth.” The trouble with all of these damned preachers is the error of the found truth. When they get that tremolo in the voice and tell you what God has said, you know you’ve got a faker. When people think that they, or their guru, have The Truth—“This is It!”—they are what Nietzsche calls “epileptics of the concept”: people who have gotten an idea that’s driven them crazy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
New York Medical Providers Begin Shutting Down Services as Vaccine Deadline Hits and Unvaccinated Workers Terminated

I have ZERO sympathy.

And I love watching communist cities and states burn themselves to the ground. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a puzzler, ain't it?

Time to bring in Mongo as a consultant. If he can't figure it out, it can't be figured it out.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
New York Medical Providers Begin Shutting Down Services as Vaccine Deadline Hits and Unvaccinated Workers Terminated

Yup.

Have an acquaintance who's training for nursing. He got the first two jabs. He won't be getting the third. Why? Because he's come down with Covid-19 twice since getting the jabs.

Curious, he started talking to doctors at the facilities at which he's been working. He claims eight of the ten doctors he asked have not gotten vaccinated and have no plans to do so. That, when their health care systems make it mandatory, they'll be outta there.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How many NY residents will further flee the state in search of medical help in other states, when the ability to get assistance ceases to exist putting the strain and covid numbers on other states.

If you got the Rona stay in NY don't bring it into other peoples back yards, get a test in NY and bring up your states levels, wait for your government mandated health services personnel to become available...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Had a conversation with a friend over the phone. She apparently has been so fully indoctrinated that she had no idea about the NIH funding Wuhan's gain of function research, was shocked to hear that I believe it was engineered in a lab rather than coming from a flock of bats, and didn't know that his emails have been released with all sorts of info that contradicts his public statements. She's a nice lady, but good grief.

Today one of my female coworkers flipped her wig when one of the QA guys mentioned that the overall world death rate shows no spikes from 2018 to current. She got incredibly angry and called him a liar.

It's unbelievable. There's large portions of our society that don't want to know anything other than what they're being told on CNN and don't want to believe that there's any possibility of that narrative being wrong. When presented with information they haven't heard, or doesn't line up with the narrative they've bought into, the end result is just pure cognitive dissonance.

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I too am amazed by the number of people who believe "millions" of people have died from COVID -- but have no clue about the total number of deaths being statistically unchanged from 2018.

Fools.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she hit me with "more people have died from this disease than anything ever in our country's history." I decided to just leave that one alone.

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How’s that 83% vaccination rate in Israel working out for them? Um….not real well. Video confessions of the “stricken” vaccinated below. (The second link)

The hype: https://www.haaretz.com/israel...this-week-1.10245471

The videoed facts: https://www.barnhardt.biz/2021...-stealing-their-act/

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I'm getting ready to submit my religious exemption letter. What do you think?

Religious Exemption Letter for Covid Vaccination Mandate:
E-mail inbound, Tony....

And if the evidence against these "vaccines" wasn't damning enough.....A well qualified 20 year veteran Army doctor with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel spent about 15 pages listing credentials and then started dropping bombshells. Here they are:

AFFIDAVIT OF LTC. THERESA LONG M.D. IN SUPPORT OF A MOTION FOR A PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION ORDER
September 24, 2021 Constitutional Nobody Education

Link

THERESA MARIE LONG, MD, MPH, FS LTC, MEDICAL CORPS, U.S. Army

Aircrew Training Program (ATP) 5-19, 1-8 states we shall: Accept No Unnecessary Risk. "An unnecessary risk is any risk that, if taken, will not contribute meaningfully to mission accomplishment or will needlessly endanger lives or resources." Army leaders accept only a level of risk in which the potential benefit outweighs the potential loss.

I have reviewed the Motion for a Preliminary Injunction which discusses the issue of prior immunity benefits outweighing the risks of using experimental Covid 19 Vaccines, together with proposed exhibits and materials cited therein. In opinion on this subject matter, I am also drawing my own conclusions that will be put into practice in my current role as an Army flight surgeon knowing full well the horrific repercussions this decision may befall me in terms of my career, my relationships and life as an Army doctor.

I personally observed the most physically fit female Soldier I have seen in over 20 years in the Army, go from Collegiate level athlete training for Ranger School, to being physically debilitated with cardiac problems, newly diagnosed pituitary brain tumor, thyroid dysfunction within weeks of getting vaccinated. Several military physicians have shared with me their firsthand experience with a significant increase in the number of young Soldiers with migraines, menstrual irregularities, cancer, suspected myocarditis and reporting cardiac symptoms after vaccination. Numerous Soldiers and DOD civilians have told me of how they were sick, bed-ridden, debilitated, and unable to work for days to weeks after vaccination. I have also recently reviewed three flight crew members' medical records, all of which presented with both significant and aggressive systemic health issues. Today I received word of one fatality and two ICU cases on Fort Hood; the deceased was an Army pilot who could have been flying at the time. All three pulmonary embolism events happened within 48 hours of their vaccination. I cannot attribute this result to anything other than the Covid 19 vaccines as the source of these events. Each person was in top physical condition before the inoculation, and each suffered the event within 2 days post vaccination. Correlation by itself does not equal causation, however, significant causal patterns do exist that raise correlation into a probable cause; and the burden to prove otherwise falls on the authorities such as the CDC, FDA, and pharmaceutical manufacturers. I find the illnesses, injuries and fatalities observed to be the proximate and causal effect of the Covid 19 vaccinations.

I can report of knowing over fifteen military physicians and healthcare providers who have shared experiences of having their safety concerns ignored and being ostracized for expressing or reporting safety concerns as they relate to COVID vaccinations. The politicization of SARs-CoV-2, treatments and vaccination strategies have completely compromised long-standing safety mechanisms, open and honest dialogue, and the trust of our service members in their health system and healthcare providers.
[/snip]

** Complete statement/affidavit at link **

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
One of my sons just tested positive for C19. He is a “breakthrough” case but has no comorbidities so we are anticipating/hoping for flu like symptoms at most.

First and foremost, we are hoping he recovers quickly. Secondly, we are hoping his siblings who are scheduled to play in the state high-school baseball playoffs and compete in a state-wide Shakespeare competition this weekend, will still be allowed to play. They are vaccinated and have no symptoms so we are keeping are fingers crossed for them as well.

It seems like things always hit you when they are the most inconvenient.

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 11 year old just got over COVID. He had symptoms for about 12 hours. It was so minimal that I called the pediatrician (my sister in law) to see if false positives were common. She said no, but those are the symptoms they are seeing now in that younger age group. About 12 hours of symptoms with main symptoms being allergy like. Much different from when my 14 year old had it last November. He was down for 3-4 days with a high fever most of that time.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If it’s getting more mild that’s a good thing!
And expected. We will get through this.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, she hit me with "more people have died from this disease than anything ever in our country's history." I decided to just leave that one alone.
The very definition of 'Useful idiots'.
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
We will get through this.
We already have, they just refuse to take their boot off our neck.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What is interesting about all the persistance of vaccine use is, President Trump pressured and motivated the pharma industry, for the good of the Country and the people. Were he still in Office, he would have shut down this shit show long ago. We would have been better served. By contrast we have an idiot who knows nothing, about anything, a phoney at the CDC and drug manufacturers who could give a damn what their poison is doing to people. I wonder why noone from the pharma industry has come forward about this? I wouldn't think because one is a card carrying member, which releases the drug makers from responsibility, that the industry is exempt from legal actions. Where are all the lawyers who should be jumping on law suits for damages and deaths?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Melbourne, Victoria

This morning, a truckie protest had planned to block all lanes by driving over the West Gate Bridge and out to Melbourne Airport at 20km/h.

Convoy protest foiled.

Police pulled over about nine trucks about 8.30am on Tuesday on the Tullamarine Freeway near Moreland Rd in the city's northwest.

The ongoing message for Victorians, and for residents in other states, is the 'get vaccinated'.
The path to freedom - for those with single or double doses.

Discrimination for those who don't.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
what is the probability of an unvaccinated person infecting a vaccinated person?

I have hunted. several articles talk about it, reference 'conversations/ phone calls' with doctors and quote them.

but I cannot find an actual probability. With all the 'big data' out there this seems like it would be pretty straight forward.

(fwiw, it is incalculable because you will never control for confounding variables.)

The only way to actually do this is in an true experimental study. I have found no such study. I am hoping one of you guys can point me to an article that has data that will let my soul rest this evening.

Yeah, I thought not. Damn

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
what is the probability of an unvaccinated person infecting a vaccinated person?
Less than that of a vaccinated person infecting an unvaccinated.
Which is why the vaccinated need to wear mask and let the rest of us keep our body autonomy.
If your vaccinated please wear a mask in consideration of the unvaccinated.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2Sj_QpZOA

SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: What Really Happened in Wuhan

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post