SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
Are the hospitals just short-staffed? No.

Around here they are. So much so that the state legislature approved emergency legislation in special session to allow paramedics to start working in ERs. They’ve also deployed the national guard to work in hospitals.

Perhaps I should have emphasized the "just" in that sentence as I am certainly not saying that hospitals are not understaffed. The assertion that the "hospitals are not overrun with patients" was what I took exception to.

quote:
But, anyone that wants to see can see it’s not all rate of infection. Most hospitals around here run near capacity patient wise most all of the time. If you have an influx of patients by a little bit or a lot, you run out of beds.

You'll find no argument from me on this. But people saying that hospitals are not overflowing on a regular basis in places that they usually don't are denying the reality of the situation.

And while we can't lay the blame for this soley at the feet of COVID (as you said, and I again agree), it's fairly hard to ignore how much it is a fairly constant contributing factor.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6107 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
Are the hospitals just short-staffed? No.

Around here they are.

But, anyone that wants to see can see it’s not all rate of infection. Most hospitals around here run near capacity patient wise most all of the time. If you have an influx of patients by a little bit or a lot, you run out of beds. You add in the fact that hospital administrators have been playing staffing games for years to cut costs. A lot of nursing positions are filled with travelers, and guess what travelers do when their contract expires and the money is better elsewhere? Or they just get burned out from working a lot to fill the gaps. The problems we are seeing right now don’t solely rest at the feet of COVID. There’s a lot of blame to go around. And from what I see, a lot of the problems rise from years of hospital games and poor management.

The casual observer sees this and says “OMG how scary”. And they totally bypass how we have gotten to where we are. The survival rate of this disease hasn’t changed much. Nor has the fear mongering.

At least around here.
Bingo on all counts. This is exactly what's been happening in Central Florida. When my M-I-L was taken to the ER a few years ago with a cardiac issue, she spent 20 hours in the ER waiting for a bed in the main hospital. When I asked questions of the nurses as to why the long wait, they told me there were floors of open rooms/beds but no staff available to cover them. Not hard to understand why hospitals are "slammed because of Covid". No, as Jones noted, Covid was simply something that caused the overflow that brought the staffing game to the forefront. What I fear is once all of this BS is over, hospitals layoff or eliminate many of the positions they're filling right now with young nurses.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
Not to mention the hospitals are in the process of firing thousands of nurses for not taking the jab.

Here's what's going on here:

New Missouri COVID Whistleblower: HOSPITALS are LYING to the public about COVID… and I CAN PROVE IT

Another COVID whistleblower has come forward as exclusively reported by Gateway Pundit to allege that the statistics about ICU’s being overrun are wildly inflated, over-reported, and in many cases an outright LIE by political officials.

Josh Snider worked in facilities management at Missouri Baptist Medical Center or “MBMC”, “I watched our hospital administrators say in the media that our intensive care units were overflowing with COVID patients, at 98% capacity, knowing that it was a complete and utter lie.”

THIS MISSOURI HOSPITAL NEVER HAD 98% ICU OCCUPANCY, ADMINISTRATORS LIED TO UNCRITICAL MEDIA

Snider relates that the MBMC hospital, part of a larger $5.5 billion annual network within the Barnes Jewish hospital system in St. Louis, Missouri, actually shut down three out of four floors of intensive care during COVID because they were UNUSED.

“And even after shutting down three-fourths of our ICU capacity, they were still never more than 50% full with that drastically reduced overall capacity. These medical systems that are saying they are overrun with COVID patients are likely LYING TO THE PUBLIC,” Snider said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...lic-covid-can-prove/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Exactly, The "we are overrun" is the same mantra they used a year ago. Firing all these nurse's who put their lives on the line since the beginning and were the real hero's, saving countless lives are now expendable at the expense of their patient is obscene. All for the vaccine effort. It is unbelievable. It really is.

These Nurse's deserve our respect, admiration and thanks for all they do and have done.
What the gov and hospital administration is doing is one of the worst things I have witnessed in my life time in this country.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Here locally Topeka, Kansas at our hospitals half the ER is shut down and half the beds are shut down. The reason? because we don't have the staffing but they're saying our beds are at 75% full when half the hospital beds are shut down. I don't know how the rest of the country is but here staffing is the problem. Where do I get my information from? I know a lot of the paramedics that are running the calls. Paramedics are walking into emergency rooms where half of the emergency room is closed because they don't have the nurses. I saw this first hand recently when my daughter was looked at for a broken ankle at Stormont Vail. I was in their ER talked to staff. I'm also VA med for any needs staff there is extremely low and a good chunk of their available beds are shuttered. I was just there a month ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the Biden\Harris Administration should have jumped onboard with Gov. DeSantis instead of fighting the science.

Hey Joe, where is your Operation Warp Speed program for Monoclonal Antibody Early Treatment?

Not having enough to go around is really a failure for the Biden\Harris Administration, is it not?
How many more unneeded deaths are necessary for Joe and Hoe to take action take appropriate steps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
This is pretty interesting. I disagree with Jimmy Dore on a lot, but he's a classic liberal in a lot of little ways.

Great video, thanks for posting Veeper. I watch Jimmy Dore every so often. Many to see how the other side thinks.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I want to believe this. If the lid ever comes off therapeutics, kick out the jambs...

HUGE: Uttar Pradesh, India Announces State Is COVID-19 Free Proving the Effectiveness of “Deworming Drug” IVERMECTIN

Covid-free, I dunno, effective? Looking good. Long article with breaks, pics and charts. The lead-in:

The Gateway Pundit previously reported that COVID cases are plummeting in India thanks to new rules that promote Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine to its massive population. The 33 districts in Uttar Pradesh, India have now become free from COVID-19 government informed on Friday. The recovery rate has increased up to 98.7% proving the effectiveness of IVERMECTIN as part of the “Uttar Pradesh Covid Control Model.” Of course, the media won’t mention that Ivermectin is being used for the treatment of COVID-19.

This state has an estimated population of 241 million people in 2021 and has the highest population in India. This is almost two-thirds of the United States population in 2021 and yet it is now a COVID-19 free nation...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure this is related to the Virus, not positive, but I didn’t think this post needed another thread.

I had a routine dentist appointment this week. Just see the dental hygienist and have my dentist look things over. I had never had an appointment with this hygienist before and she told me her story.

She was retired. She had a recent appointment to get her own teeth cleaned and the hygienist working on her teeth said that 69 out of 200 hygienists in Wyoming whose licenses were up for renewal, declined to do so. She decided to go ahead and bring her own license up to date, and is now working on her terms, part time. Seems to be a similar situation with other people in medical fields, not just nurses.

Posts: 13566 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Exactly, The "we are overrun" is the same mantra they used a year ago. Firing all these nurse's who put their lives on the line since the beginning and were the real hero's, saving countless lives are now expendable at the expense of their patient is obscene. All for the vaccine effort. It is unbelievable. It really is.

These Nurse's deserve our respect, admiration and thanks for all they do and have done.
What the gov and hospital administration is doing is one of the worst things I have witnessed in my life time in this country.
This has to be one of the fastest examples from "hero to zero" in history. And I'm with you in terms of this being disgusting.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Hey Joe, where is your Operation Warp Speed program for Monoclonal Antibody Early Treatment?

Not having enough to go around is really a failure for the Biden\Harris Administration, is it not?
Sorry, but that's total horse byproduct. There's no shortage. These a-holes are playing games. Texas and Florida aren't willing to bend a knee to this retarded administration, so the administration has decided to bring them to heel. Apparently DeSantis has now gone around the retard administration and straight to Glaxo Smith Kline, and is working on a deal to buy however many additional doses Florida needs directly from the manufacturer bypassing Slo Joe. Let's see if this administration swoops in and buys up the inventory Florida is trying to get. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I developed a fever Tuesday evening, woke up Wednesday and felt like a truck had hit me. Tested positive Thursday morning.

Main complaint for me alternates between the body aches and the persistent fever. A doctor friend offered a Rx for ivermectin so I’ll get that going tomorrow. A local private urgent care facility seems to have the monoclonal antibodies but I’m not sure I’m going to go that route… probably not.

Take care, all.

Posts: 6450 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I developed a fever Tuesday evening, woke up Wednesday and felt like a truck had hit me. Tested positive Thursday morning.

Main complaint for me alternates between the body aches and the persistent fever. A doctor friend offered a Rx for ivermectin so I’ll get that going tomorrow. A local private urgent care facility seems to have the monoclonal antibodies but I’m not sure I’m going to go that route… probably not.

Take care, all.

Why wouldn’t you try to throw the kitchen sink at it if you could?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Just finished an 8 day run with it myself. No therapeutics just a lot of sleep and hydration. Fever would come and go but was persistent. Body aches, congestion, cough, loss of smell and joint pain. It really throws the book of symptoms at you. I wish you a quick recovery.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’m two weeks out from it and it was bad. Only symptom I have still is no smell/taste. The docs dropped the ball IMHO, no one recommended me take the rvidisvier stuff or anything else-just treat the symptoms and good luck and go to the ear if your O2 goes below 90%

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11460 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple down the road were in their 90's. She recently fell, broke a hip and passed away.

He called yesterday and asked if we could take him into town. "I'm too pissed off to drive". The Mrs. took him and called me later.

"On her death certificate, it listed cause of death as Covid. He marched into the doctor's office, slapped the death certificate on the M.D.'s desk. Told the doctor "Covid my ass".

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Friend of ours is going in for surgery and had to take the obligatory covid test. She came back positive. She has no symptoms.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
A local private urgent care facility seems to have the monoclonal antibodies but I’m not sure I’m going to go that route… probably not.

Do it. Yesterday.

Posts: 20567 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

Take care, all.
Do the research on the monoclonal antibody infusion. Statistically, its proven very successful with no lasting side effects. If I get Covid 'and' symptoms at some point, I've planned to use this treatment as part of my approach to recovery (assuming I can still get it here in Florida).
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
....no one recommended me take the rvidisvier stuff....
If you're talking about Remdesivir, you're likely better off given the potential side effects of that drug. Shame they didn't recommend the Regeneron (monoclonal antibody) infusion given the success they've had with that drug.

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Its the only treatment virtually guaranteed to improve your condition. And truly effective the earlier you get it.

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
A local private urgent care facility seems to have the monoclonal antibodies but I’m not sure I’m going to go that route… probably not.

Do it. Yesterday.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post