SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Howard Stern: "Fuck their freedom"

Odd, I didn't see Howard Stern getting the Metal of Freedom in front of a crowd of millions. Big Grin

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My noon scan of the Yooper news channel reports that our local Health Dept. is somehow at "capacity".
Whatever that means. Then on the same news channel is a chart of cases. Marquette Co. is listed at 142 cases. Our population: 66.6K, according to the US Census Bureau.
Looks like most of us are doing ok. But the Health Dept. is swamped! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jim Breuer...my man!

‘SNL’ alum Jim Breuer cancels clubs requiring vax proof: It’s ‘segregation’

Jim Breuer is taking shots at the COVID jab as he announces cancellations of shows at venues which require proof of vaccination.

The policy is government-sanctioned “segregation,” according to the former “Saturday Night Live” cast member best known as “Goat Boy.”

The Long Island native took to Facebook Live to drop the bombshell over the weekend.

“Two quick updates on shows that you may think you may be getting tickets to or you already have tickets to: The Wellmont Theater in New Jersey — not doing it,” Breuer, 54, said in the 22-minute broadcast that’s now trending on Twitter.

“Also the Royal Oak Theater in Michigan, due to the segregation of them forcing people to show up with vaccinations … I am also not doing those shows,” he added.

“I know I’m going to sacrifice a lot of money, but I’m not going to be enslaved to the system or money.”

The funny guy emphasized that vaccination is “a choice,” and has decided to cancel bookings at venues that don’t align with his values.

“If you have anything else to say, I honestly don’t care,” Breuer said. “Due to, I have to stick to my morals, I have to stick to what I know is right.”

He alleged that guests are being “forced” and “bribed” into vaccination by venues, which he believes are being held “hostage” by pro-vax lawmakers and corporate ticketing vendors.

Breuer’s memo is just the latest in a succession of performers to amend their touring schedules in regards to their pandemic politics, including rocker Eric Clapton, 76, who has cancelled shows citing the same reason. (Nicki Minaj had her own reasons for not attending Monday night’s Met Gala.”)

Meanwhile, comedian Patton Oswalt made the opposite announcement last week — that he would cancel shows, particularly in Florida and Utah, where vaccines were not required to attend. He’s joined by artists, such as Bruce Springsteen and the Foo Fighters, who have made similar calls.

Breuer starred on “SNL” between 1995 and 1998, and was best known for his character “Goat Boy” and celebrity impersonations such as Joe Pesci. He later co-starred alongside Dave Chappelle for the stoner flick “Half Baked” in 1998, the same year he also hosted his short-lived MTV talk show “The Jim Breuer Show.”

https://nypost.com/2021/09/14/...-venues-segregation/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
So I recently spent a little over a week in ICU.

I was the only non Covid patient in ICU. Then I was the only non Covid Patient in Intermediate Care.

The Hospital I was at called 6 other hospitals trying to find me a bed. None could take me due to all beds (plus emergency overflow wards, wings and/or beds)) being taken by Covid patients.

Every one of these hospitals were very large, modern, metropolitan hospitals.

I honestly don't know what to think about Covid.

Covid is real and is causing real problems. The hype around Covid is bullshit but also causing real problems.

Fauci and other TV talking head "experts" are worthless, a waste of time to listen to and are causing real problems with their bullshit as well.

My PCP (as well as the ICU & ER docs who took care of me) are all in agreement though; that the vaccine is worth getting and barring allergies or other conditions that might cause complications, one is much better off with the vaccine than without should one contract Covid.

The current Covid vaccines deal with Covid the same as current Flu vaccines. It helps prevent contraction but doesn't guarantee immunity. If one should contract Covid, vaccinated individuals suffer far less severity (in the vast majority of cases anyways). Further, a vaccinated individual will (again in the vast majority of cases) suffer far less severe post Covid effects than a non-vaccinated individual.

I'm not a doctor, or medical professional. I don't play one on TV and I don't stay in Holiday Inn's because Holiday Inn sucks. I'm by no means an authority on Covid, virology, immunity and so forth. But I have just spent a lot of time around people who are experts in those fields. Some of those people are directly responsible for saving my life multiple times while in ICU. Every one of them are saying get the vaccine.

There is no politics in their recommendations. These are the professionals who have been dealing with Covid, and the wreckage Covid is causing, every day, day in and day out for almost two years straight.

Also let me be absolutely, crystal clear; I am not recommending, or arguing for or against whether or not someone should get the vaccine. I am simply relating my recent, personal experience.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also let me be absolutely, crystal clear; I am not recommending, or arguing for or against whether or not someone should get the vaccine. I am simply relating my recent, personal experience.

Thanks for that. As long as it's your informed personal choice, free of coercion, that's great.
You didn't specify whether you have had the shot yourself, though from your comments I would assume that you have?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:

There is no politics in their recommendations. These are the professionals who have been dealing with Covid, and the wreckage Covid is causing, every day, day in and day out for almost two years straight.

Of course there is this https://theconservativetreehou...accination-position/ .There is politics in all of it.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Jim Breuer is taking shots at the COVID jab as he announces cancellations of shows at venues which require proof of vaccination.

On the other hand,
Jeff Dunham has several events scheduled, which require a vaccine or a negative test to attend.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Thanks for that. As long as it's your informed personal choice, free of coercion, that's great.
You didn't specify whether you have had the shot yourself, though from your comments I would assume that you have?

I will be getting the shot in about two weeks.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Of course there is this https://theconservativetreehou...accination-position/ .There is politics in all of it.

Posted back on p. 843, The all out assault is on from organized medicine to us physicians who don't bow down. First, the commies did it, on the legal side, to Powell, Wood, Giuliani and any attorneys supporting President Trump in his election fraud fight. Now, on the medical side, they're doing it to the doctors who don't toe their covid line. I'll say it again, organized medicine's action in this whole saga is despicable.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Posted back on p. 843, The all out assault is on from organized medicine to us physicians who don't bow down. First, the commies did it, on the legal side, to Powell, Wood, Giuliani and any attorneys supporting President Trump in his election fraud fight. Now, on the medical side, they're doing it to the doctors who don't toe their covid line. I'll say it again, organized medicine's action in this whole saga is despicable.

Okay, allow me to clarify;

Yes there's politics and agenda's surrounding every aspect of Covid. Lots of politics. Lots of agendas. Politics and agendas from the Right, the Left and everybody in between.

No, I can't say that there hasn't been pressure put on the doctors and staff who treated me.

But the ICU and ER doctors and staff who did treat me just didn't seem to bring politics into it. They just seemed tired from almost two years of this mess. What I saw in those doctors (and nurses) wasn't unlike what I've seen in cops who were deep undercover for a long period of time, or cops who spent too much time in a particularly rough sector or high intensity unit like Street Crime/Crime suppression (even when it's fun there's a toll and sometimes a very heavy toll at that). Like I said I'm not a health professional but I know that kind of stress and fatigue when I see it.

As I said in my original post, I was the only non Covid patient in ICU and later in Intermediate Care. Six other hospitals literally could not take me because of Covid overflow. Again, these are large, modern hospitals.

I still don't know what to really think about Covid. But until I was in the position I was in I didn't know or realize just how much havoc Covid is causing. My decision to finally take the vaccine is a direct result of conversations with several of those ICU doctors (as well as my own PCP).

Are they all pushing an agenda? Maybe. Possibly, I guess. There's no real way to know, but that's not the impression I got from those conversations.

And again allow me to reiterate; I'm not arguing for or against the vaccine. I'm simply relating my person experience.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If, and I know you can't or couldn't talk to the nurse's who had previously staffed the icu's across this country through better than 18 months of this situation who have recently been terminated because of these illegal mandates by administrative hospital staff in bed with the gov for the $ and only the $. Those nurse's would and are telling a completely different story than the one you are telling. These hospitals are not overrun with patients. Their very limited capacity for covid patients is a result of this crap (mandates and the $)by firing large numbers of their nursing staff and putting the rest of those still employed under a terrible amount of stress due to low staffing levels. This is sending us into a real manufacturer ed by design crisis's. People need to wake up and demand better.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Apple 13 requiring your Vacks-scene ID to operate.

PS ... supposed to inform if parody ... I think it's real. Razz

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

<>

Real? By the Babylon Bee? Tsk tsk...

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
These hospitals are not overrun with patients.

Yes, they are. They are currently treating patients in the waiting room of the ER at Good Samaritan here because there are no beds available.

My friend who works the ER in N. Idaho has had his hospital ICU beds full for months. The surrounding hospitals were also so full recently that he had to send one patient to Reno just to get treatment.

Is it shortsighted to let people go for refusing to get vaccinated during a time when the hospitals are maxed out? Yes.

Are the hospitals just short-staffed? No.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
This is pretty interesting. I disagree with Jimmy Dore on a lot, but he's a classic liberal in a lot of little ways. PLEASE IGNORE THE SENSATIONAL TITLE AND VIDEO TEXT.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="516" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iwPKnOhJRYg" title="YouTube video player" width="917"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This is really worth the 1:14 of your time!!!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
None could take me due to all beds (plus emergency overflow wards, wings and/or beds)) being taken by Covid patients.

Every one of these hospitals were very large, modern, metropolitan hospitals.

How many of the covid patients were vaccinated?

Did any of the covid patients receive 'alternative' care that has been proving promising in other countries (ie - ivermectin)?

Why are the doctors encouraging the vaccine if countries with high vaccination rates are still seeing high incidence? Why are they encouraging the vaccine if alternative treatments may be successful? I'd like to have some responses to this before accepting any encouragement from doctors.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

<>

Real? By the Babylon Bee? Tsk tsk...

What? The Babylon Bee isn't real? Confused

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cut it out

And the word is "vaccine"

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
This was already posted (6 days ago), but it bears repeating...
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I'd like someone in power to ask Biden, Fauci, whoever, live on TV....why is there no Covid in Africa?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...-covid-mrna-vaccine/

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post