SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

The government in NSW is literally rationing beer now, limiting people to one 6 pack per day:

It is mind boggling to think some folks drink a 6 pack or more per day.
I rarely drink anything alcoholic but I do support someone's right to get shit-faced. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fauci: No ‘Firm Answer’ on Why Americans Who Recovered From COVID-19 Should Get Vaccinated

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...tetxlYS8mJiqFDH8AfJE

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top U.S. public health official, said that a new study regarding so-called natural immunity following COVID-19 infection is provoking discussion among government experts.

The real-world study, conducted by Israeli researchers, found that previous COVID-19 infection confers better protection against infection and hospitalization than COVID-19 vaccines.

COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, was asked Friday about the research in the context of convincing people who have natural immunity, or recovered from COVID-19, to get vaccinated.

“I get calls all the time people say, ‘I’ve already had COVID, I’m protected.’ And now the study says maybe even more protected than the vaccine alone. Should they also get the vaccine? How do you make the case to them?” Dr. Sanjay Gupta asked Fauci during an appearance on CNN.

“I don’t have a really firm answer for you on that,” Fauci responded.

“That’s something that we’re going to have to discuss regarding the durability of the response. The one thing that paper from Israel didn’t tell you is whether or not—as high as the protection is with natural infection—what’s the durability compared to the durability of a vaccine? So it is conceivable that you got infected, you’re protected, but you may not be protected for an indefinite period of time,” he continued.

“So I think that is something that we need to sit down and discuss seriously because you very appropriately pointed out, it is an issue, and there could be an argument for saying what you said.”

Some experts who have studied the matter have expressed confusion as to why vaccination efforts are not focused on those who have not gotten a shot and have not recovered from COVID-19.

“We’re trying to update policy such that people who have recovered have the same privileges and access as people who are vaccinated,” Dr. Jeffrey Klausner, clinical professor of preventive medicine and medicine at the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine, told The Epoch Times previously.

The Israel findings, because they’re based on real-world data, even led Pfizer board member Scott Gottlieb, commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, to call for natural immunity to be part of policy discussions.

“The balance of the evidence demonstrates that natural immunity confers a durable protection,” Gottlieb said during a recent television appearance.

Official guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges people have some level of immunity after COVID-19 recovery. But the agency still recommends the vast majority of Americans get a COVID-19 vaccine, asserting the protection is even better when combining natural immunity and a jab.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC’s director, last month pointed to a study conducted by CDC and Kentucky researchers that suggested vaccines actually provide better protection than previous infection.

“These data further indicate that COVID-19 vaccines offer better protection than natural immunity alone and that vaccines, even after prior infection, help prevent reinfections,” the agency said in a statement.

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top U.S. public health official, said that a new study regarding so-called natural immunity following COVID-19 infection is provoking discussion among government experts.
That's a lie, just like everything else he says. There is only one point of view allowed.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We’re trying to update policy such that people who have recovered have the same privileges and access as people who are vaccinated,” Dr. Jeffrey Klausner, clinical professor of preventive medicine and medicine at the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine, told The Epoch Times previously.

Shove it up your GD Commie ass doc.

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

The government in NSW is literally rationing beer now, limiting people to one 6 pack per day:

I rarely drink anything alcoholic but I do support someone's right to get shit-faced. Big Grin

You are completely missing the point here though. Who gives a shit how much people drink in a day? It’s the fact that this government there has decided unilaterally that you can’t have more than six bottles of beer a day even though beer is perfectly legal and not a controlled substance.

What’s next, rationing food?

Posts: 34542 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

You are completely missing the point here though. Who gives a shit how much people drink in a day? It’s the fact that this government there has decided unilaterally that you can’t have more than six bottles of beer a day even though beer is perfectly legal and not a controlled substance.

What’s next, rationing food?

Hey PASig,

I made a poor attempt to add some good natured humor. I agree 100% with the point you were making.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Exactly. So alcohol is one more freedom they take. Then they will take another and another. When you come out the other side government has control of literally every decision you make no matter how small. After all, they are the smart ones and won’t life be better for all when they get to make all the decisions.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
It is mind boggling that all of the supposed experts are treating the WuFlu like a super virus that is unlike any other virus in history. Cornoviruses are nothing new, the common cold is one.

Other Coronoviruses (and many viruses in general) often mutate into different strains. You become immune to each strain after you've had it, but also have some cross immunity to other similar strains. It is hard to vaccinate against diseases that mutate often, hence the reason there is no cold vaccine and flu vaccines are very hit and miss. Basically, it's hard to hit a moving target.

Yet we have heard the most outlandish things that are in contradiction to everything we already know:

- Maybe you don't become immune after you have it! Wrong - you become immune to that strain
- People are getting it twice! Wrong - the tests have such high false positive and negative rates that you can easily get any combination of positives and negatives.
- Maybe natural immunity isn't as good as being vaccinated! Wrong
- Maybe natural immunity wears off! Wrong
- You should get vaccinated even if you've had it! Wrong
- If we vaccinate everyone for the initial strain, we will eradicate it! Wrong - it mutates like every other coronavirus so it's a moving target

We also know that viruses like this become more transmissible and less deadly as they mutate because that is how natural selection works. The only purpose for a virus is to replicate as much as possible and infect as many as possible and killing the patient tends to reduce transmission.

The Spanish Flu of 1918 was never cured. It just naturally faded away into the background over a couple years.

WuFlu will do the same - it will just become another illness that circulates each year like the Flu, and probably be about as deadly, which means not very deadly, except to elderly and people with known risk factors.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Exactly. So alcohol is one more freedom they take. Then they will take another and another. When you come out the other side government has control of literally every decision you make no matter how small. After all, they are the smart ones and won’t life be better for all when they get to make all the decisions.

Australia depends a lot on trade with China, and lots of Chinese go to Australian universities to learn English. I think it's likely a lot of politicians and media have been compromised by China and are following the CCP playbook. Perhaps the CCP wants to see how far a "free" western republic can be pushed into totalitarianism.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

We also know that viruses like this become more transmissible and less deadly as they mutate because that is how natural selection works. The only purpose for a virus is to replicate as much as possible and infect as many as possible and killing the patient tends to reduce transmission.

A major problem with our current "vaccines" is they are leaky, and may very well select out mutations that are more transmissible and potentially more virulent to the next host, "vaccinated" or not.

In this regard natural immunity is still superior due to the fact that it provides reactivity to more than just a single protein from many generations ago.

Posts: 11415 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NY Hospital Forced To Stop Delivering Babies After Maternity Workers Resign Over Vaccine

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...-resign-over-vaccine

A hospital in upstate New York has been forced to 'pause' the delivery of babies starting Sept. 24 after a flood of maternity workers resigned over Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

Lewis County Health System CEO Gerald Cayer made the announcement in a Friday press conference, according to WWNY. According to Cayer, six employees in the maternity unit resigned and another seven are 'undecided,' rendering the hospital unable to safely deliver children.

"If we can pause the service and now focus on recruiting nurses who are vaccinated, we will be able to reengage in delivering babies here in Lewis County," said Cayer.

Cayer said 165 hospital employees have yet to be vaccinated against COVID-19; that’s 27 percent of the workforce.

The other 464 workers, or 73 percent of employees, have gotten their shots, he said.

In August, the state announced all health care workers at hospitals and long-term care facilities across New York would be required to have gotten at least their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination by September 27.

Cayer said the announcement prompted 30 workers to get vaccinated, while another 30 resigned. -WWNY

New York isn't the only state with healthcare workers who refuse to get vaxxed. Last month, a group of New Mexico healthcare workers protested vaccine mandates - which they say 'take away people's choice and informed consent,' and 'violate medical codes of ethics as well as fundamental human rights, the constitution, and the Nuremberg Code,' according to KFOX14.

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Good for them.

I worked there for a time years ago. Some good folks up in Lowville.

Posts: 20567 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
”If we can pause the service and now focus on recruiting nurses who are vaccinated, we will be able to reengage in delivering babies here in Lewis County," said Cayer.

Sounds something like the notion of “Flatten the curve.”
I hope the entire staff walks out.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That’s good. Put the pressure on the admins to do the right thing.

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I am unclear on how we decide which news stories, posts and medical “experts” we are to believe. Is it just the ones that support my view?

IOW, if we don’t believe anything how do we emphatically support this and specifically “this”?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12672 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:

Shove it up your GD Commie ass doc.
Yep, I read that and reacted about the same way. Privileges? Really? What a prick.
quote:
Official guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges people have some level of immunity after COVID-19 recovery. But the agency still recommends the vast majority of Americans get a COVID-19 vaccine, asserting the protection is even better when combining natural immunity and a jab.
There is scant at best evidence that taking the jab after recovering from Covid provides 'additional' immunity. And what of the additional risk (and there is risk with any drug) of taking the vax versus relying on natural immunity that imparts no additional risk? Yeah, apparently the media is simply to stupid and/or corrupt to ask such a complicated question. Roll Eyes
quote:
Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC’s director, last month pointed to a study conducted by CDC and Kentucky researchers that suggested vaccines actually provide better protection than previous infection.

“These data further indicate that COVID-19 vaccines offer better protection than natural immunity alone and that vaccines, even after prior infection, help prevent reinfections,” the agency said in a statement.
Yeah, I read through that Kentucky researcher's study. It's tiny in it's scope compared to the huge study done by the Israelis on natural immunity. The fact that the head of the CDC would attempt to extrapolate anything of significance from one tiny study tells you everything you need to know about these clowns and their vaccine agenda. I want to see Walensky's complete investment portfolio to see how much Pfizer and Moderna stock this broad owns.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I am unclear on how we decide which news stories, posts and medical “experts” we are to believe. Is it just the ones that support my view?

IOW, if we don’t believe anything how do we emphatically support this and specifically “this”?

Here's an outrageous idea: Let individuals decide for themselves what's most appropriate for them?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
^^^^^ Good for them.
Yep, I too applaud their efforts. This 'is' how all of this BS ends. Employees in healthcare have enormous leverage right now due to huge staffing shortages. If they'll simply stick together on this, they can drive these big healthcare companies to behave rationally and responsibly again.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Step 1 - Use the internet and educate yourself on human biology and the history of viruses and vaccines. You need not be an immunologist or some other 'expert' to have a good grasp of the subject matter.
Step 2 - With the knowledge acquired in Step 1, apply common sense to what you're reading or listening to. Again, you need not be an expert to weed out a lot of the BS.
Step 3 - Read everything you can get your hands on, on both sides of the discussion. The more the better.
Step 4 - Make the best decisions you can for yourself knowing and accepting they likely will not be perfect. But recognize the 'experts' in immunology and virology have been wrong about 90% of the time when it comes to their predictions and recommendations regarding this virus.

That's about the best any of us can do. The mistake most people make is to simply accept the opinion(s) of someone on TV the media calls an expert.