SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to “Breakthrough Cases”? Haven’t seen those numbers or the term being used for awhile. Sure is hard to keep anything straight when terminology comes and goes so quickly. I was just getting the hang of it and liked to follow those numbers.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8558 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Whatever happened to “Breakthrough Cases”?

They are no longer "breakthrough cases," you see. As quoted in wcb6092's post, these people are now considered "unvaccinated" as they have not received a booster shot.

On another note, Joe Rogan--who is unvaccinated--was being heckled and mocked for catching covid last weekend. He said he felt like crap Saturday night and Sunday. He took a whole bunch of therapeutics including ivermectin and was criticized for it. Except by Wednesday he put out a message that he was now feeling fantastic. Imagine that. A 54 year old man (admittedly in pretty good shape) simply treated covid with known medicines and treatments that have been shown to have some benefit, and he kicked the virus in about four days. The left of course is furious.

I feel like I'm on a Merry-go-round in a Tim Burton nightmare.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30650 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Wawsn't Fraudici the same one who said we didn't need masks and then later said we needed to wear multiple masks to be safe? I guess he picked up stock in the mask and vaccine companies.

Posts: 4011 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Shouldn't it read "Experts say that instead of risking the use of unproven vaccines, people should get advice/medication from their doctors?"
Why would they do that and potentially risk your doctor being grounded in medicine and deeming the vax unnecessary for you. Remember, there are still a whole lotta healthcare workers, doctors included, that want nothing to do with these vaccines. What they're saying there, clearly, is....You will bend and do as you're told.
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
A 54 year old man (admittedly in pretty good shape) simply treated covid with known medicines and treatments that have been shown to have some benefit, and he kicked the virus in about four days.
And best of all, Joe now has natural immunity to the virus that will likely serve him well. It was hysterical though that a number of the media cesspools referred to Rogen taking "horse dewormer". Yeah, let's forget that Ivermectin won its creator a Nobel Prize and has cured illness in humans for decades.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
. . .

• A study in the peer-reviewed journal Antiviral Research reported that ivermectin inhibited the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and concluded that "ivermectin is worthy of further consideration as a possible SARS-CoV-2 antiviral."
  • An analysis published in the peer-reviewed International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents in November 2020 found that "countries with routine mass drug administration of prophylactic chemotherapy including ivermectin have a significantly lower incidence of COVID-19. ... Prophylactic use of ivermectin against parasitic infections is most common in Africa and we hence show that the reported correlation is highly significant both when compared among African nations as well as in a worldwide context. ... It is suggested that ivermectin be evaluated for potential off-label prophylactic use in certain cases to help bridge the time until a safe and effective vaccine becomes available."
  • A small, pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial conducted in Spain and published in The Lancet in January didn't find statistically significant differences in COVID-19 viral loads but did find "a marked reduction of self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower (antibody) titers which warrants assessment in larger trials."
  • A systematic review of ivermectin's antiviral effects published in the peer-reviewed journal Nature found that it "could serve as a potential candidate in the treatment of a wide range of viruses including COVID-19 as well as other types of positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses."
  • A study in the peer-reviewed journal Chest found statistically significant lower mortality rates among hospitalized COVID-19 patients prescribed ivermectin (along with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin or both) compared with patients without ivermectin in Broward County, Florida.

You can find more related studies on ivermectin and COVID-19 in PubMed, the federal scientific database, and weigh all the costs and benefits for you and your families.

Remember: "Misinformation" simply means information that the powers that be want you to miss.

https://vdare.com/articles/mic...-hockey-versus-truth

I believe the issue is that the data show that is is 'worth of studying,' 'should be evaluated,' 'warrants assessment,' 'could be a candidate,' etc.

In other words, early signs are that it could be promising, but the jury is still out. Those gold-standard double-blind studies simply haven't been done. Nonetheless, people BELIEVE ivermectin is effective against COVID and take it, when all of these papers and analyses simply suggest "maybe." It warrants further study to find out.

Sure, cyanide and arsenic might be effective against the virus in vitro, but you're probably not going to find a lot of in vivo studies on them proving their effectiveness in humans.

It doesn't help that the leading study that triggered a lot of attention to ivermectin was so riddled with errors that it was withdrawn.

I analogize to the study linking autism and vaccines. Admittedly completely fraudulent, now withdrawn, and the author had his medical license taken away for his fraud. But guess what people still believe: vaccines cause autism. Why? A lie some guy made up that got a lot of press, and it now lingers forever.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
I see Joe Rogen is making news with the COVID.

What is the common medicine recommended by the non “mainstream” and how does one acquire some?

Anyone know?

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
As an Emergency Department RN here in Alaska, this is what we're seeing. Not posting numbers or statistics just observations from myself and coworkers in our corner of the world.

We are seeing an increase in Covid positive patients. Most are unvaccinated. Most are discharged home with a, "Covid Care" kit, basically a plus ox monitor with directions in its use and guidelines for when to seek additional care. There are some hypoxic patients who are being admitted. The percentage of Covid positive patients being admitted seems to be much lower than when it first started.

We have seen very few vaccinated patients who test positive for Covid. Those that we have seen have had very mild symptoms. This includes a nurse that I work with.

The hospital is operating at capacity. This has had a huge effect on the Emergency Department. We are holding admitted patients in the ED because there are no beds available for them in ICU or med/surg. This creates many problems for us. Not being able to move patients through the department is creating long wait ands crowds in the waiting room. As ED nurses we're trained and in the habit of getting in, fixing the problem and transferring our patients to an appropriate level of care or discharging. Caring for patients longer than that is an entirely different set of skills.

We are seeing a huge increase in patient acuities and hospital admissions because of them. These are patients who are negative for Covid but are seriously if not critically ill. This is what I believe is driving our high census rates more than Covid positive patients.

Talking with one of my managers about it and we postulated that this may be a result of previous lockdowns and restrictions. Issues that may have been minor went ignored and untreated and have now become a serious problem. An extreme example was a patient that had what started as a toothache, couldn't get a dentist appointment because of Covid restrictions, ignored it and learned to live with the pain. The tooth became infected, then the jaw, then turned into a blood born infection and now the patient has endocarditis, an infection and inflammation of the lining of the heart. Lots of diabetic patients with foot wounds that have become septic that never should've reached that point. Lots of cardiac issues that have gone untreated for months because patient were afraid to come in. Psych admissions are up significantly.

Also seeing some weird things as well. RSV, a respiratory infection common in pediatrics seems to have exploded. We usually see this in winter months, not summer. Usually seen in pediatrics but now seeing it in adults as well. I haven't seen anything to explain this. My own theory is the virus laid dormant during lockdown, and then found a new home once people started getting back out and school started again. Also seeing positive Covid results in kids now as well.

Then there's the patient behavior;

With the long wait times in the lobby, by the time I get to see a patient, they're already pissed off and they make sure that I know it.

Having a Covid positive patient yell at me the other night, "Why is everything taking so long?!" Had to explain to her that every time one of our staff members needed to come into her room to start an IV, administer meds, take an x-ray, collect samples or answer her call light with requests for warm blankets, ice water or an additional pillow that we all had to don protective gear before entering and then doff and decontaminate ourselves before assisting another patient. That was met with, "Why? I'm the one who has Covid, not you, you're not contagious." Yes, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Had an admitted patient the other night that had pneumonia and was hypoxic. Absolutely refused a Covid test, "Those damn Chinks are putting something on those Q-Tips and you aren't sticking it up my nose." Both myself and the doc explained that it was only a test and was required for admission. The patient walked out against medical advice dropping f-bombs the whole time accusing us of being part of the conspiracy and sending him home to die.

I cannot count how many times I've told a patient they were Covid positive and than have the patient ask me if they could receive the vaccine, "To make it go away." Sorry doesn't work that way.

Patients getting the sniffles and checking in for a Covid test. So desperately want to yell, "That's what the drive-up testing center is for!" Sad thing is, they may not have had Covid when they checked in and then tested negative, but they may have it in a few days after sitting in the waiting room with 40 of their closest friends for 4 hours.

The, "Homeless Lottery" is still going on but not nearly as bad as when things first started. The City leased a hotel to house the homeless population who tested positive and needed to quarantine. So that turned into the homeless actively seeking out Covid positive people and swapping spit, sharing bottles, cigarettes, trading sexual favors and whatever else trying to acquire Covid. They looked at it as a warm bed, 3 hot meals a day and tv for 2 weeks. They openly brag about it.

Then there's our staff. We're tired of dealing with it all. We'd like it to go away. There's no downtime during a shift, we're all running full patient loads with high acuities. We're tired of dealing with the extremes from both sides of the issue. Personally my goal in life right now is to make it through one shift where I don't have to don the Smurf suit and CAPR helmet to enter a patient's room.

Sorry if this turned into a rant, but it's our reality now working in the Emergency Department.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11825 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Do not apoligize.

What you have stated goes to what I have harped on from the beginning.

That the incorrect and overhyped direction taken by the most irresponsible and illequiped "leadership" has done more damage than good.

Even without the vaccines, lockdowns, "social distancing", and fearmongering turned mistrust of everything and everyone, bound in the mis/dis-information campaign, we would still be seeing people presenting with near nothing, to those requiring ICU, and some people passing from this virus.

I hate what it has done to the country and to the world.

We all are suffering and most of it, unnecessary at all.

Rant.

I will.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44108 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Graphene Oxide Is the Main Ingredient in Covid Jabs Says Former Pfizer Employee

“ Imagine what would happen if Pfizer were to not include a key ingredient, especially one that comprised 99% of the vaccine, on the ingredient lists submitted to the FDA and CDC. Such an omission could put Pfizer at major legal risk and jeopardize their entire business. The FDA also conducts periodic evaluations of the manufacturing processes involved in producing the vaccines. So slipping in an undeclared ingredient wouldn’t be that easy? Besides, what would be the purpose? Murder?“

https://www.forbes.com/sites/b...-unsupported-claims/

“ Our ruling
An Instagram post claimed that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is "99% graphene oxide," which is "toxic to the human body and causes a number of problems."

Pfizer said it does not use the material, and it is not shown in a federal list of ingredients in the three COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use in the U.S.

We rate the post False.”

“ The post, which uses abbreviations for the word vaccine, states:

"99% Graphene Oxide in Pfizer V4X? Spanish scientists obtain vial of Pfizer v4xin3 and find that 98-99%."

Graphene oxide, the post continues, "is toxic to the human body and causes a number of problems."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

A Pfizer spokesperson told PolitiFact that while graphene oxide — a material made by the oxidation of graphite — is used in some vaccines, it is not used at Pfizer.

The video with the post
The video with the post contains clips of statements made by Jane Ruby, whose Twitter account identifies her as "Dr. Jane Ruby." Ruby, is not a medical doctor, describing herself as a health economist and "New Right political pundit" with a doctorate in psychology. “

https://www.politifact.com/fac...xic-pfizer-covid-19/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Dr. Robert Young - Scanning & Transmission Electron Microscopy Reveals Graphene in CoV-19 Jabs...

Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner

AKA

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44108 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Dr. Robert Young - Scanning & Transmission Electron Microscopy Reveals Graphene in CoV-19 Jabs...

Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner

AKA

FUCK A DUCK.
Sigmonkey goes on record saying NO Graphene in the jabs. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next they will be telling us that graphene oxide has "magnetic" properties..... Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graniteguy,

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
So a judge has ruled that Gov Desantis of FL exceeded his authority by ordering a ban on mask mandates in schools in his state, but it's OK for other governors, like PA's Wolf to mandate masks for K-12.
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-mandate-ban-schools

I don't know about how other states do it, but in PA, if you enrolled your kid in cyber school, whatever school district you're in has to pay for your kid's cyber school, or a very large part at least. So I know what I'd do if I had kids in school & my state mandated masks. The school districts & teachers unions would throw a big fit if all their money was going to cyber schools.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Candace Owens was denied a COVID test by a clinic because the clinic said she was a conservative
True? Rumor? Any documentation?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30996 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Candace Owens was denied a COVID test by a clinic because the clinic said she was a conservative

True. She was on Tucker last night talking about it.

Posts: 20251 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

The lab that told her to pound sand put out a statement admitting to it without apology.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30650 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Well I guess Pfizer has not made enough money
yet !

Pfizer, Merck launch new trials of oral COVID-19 drugs
(Reuters) -Pfizer Inc and Merck & Co Inc announced on Wednesday new trials of their experimental oral antiviral drugs for COVID-19 as the race to develop an easy-to-administer treatment for the potentially fatal illness heats up.

Pfizer said its latest mid-to-late-stage trial will enroll 1,140 non-hospitalized adults diagnosed with coronavirus infection who are not at risk of severe illness. Patients in the trial will be given Pfizer's pill, known as PF-07321332, and a low dose of ritonavir, an older medication widely used in combination treatments for HIV infection.

Pfizer's drug is designed to block the activity of a key enzyme that is needed for the coronavirus to multiply.

Merck said its new trial will study experimental drug molnupiravir for the prevention of COVID-19 among adults in the same household as someone diagnosed with symptomatic coronavirus infection. Merck and partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics are already conducting a late-stage trial of the treatment in non-hospitalized patients to see if it reduces the risk of hospitalization or death.

Molnupiravir is a type of antiviral designed to introduce errors into the RNA of the virus that eventually prevent it from replicating.

Pfizer began in July a different trial of PF-07321332 in adults with COVID-19 infection who are at high risk of becoming severely ill due to underlying health conditions such as diabetes. The company said it expects initial results from that study some time this fall.

Rivals Pfizer and Merck, along with Swiss pharmaceutical Roche Holding AG, have made the most progress in developing what would be the first antiviral pill to treat, or possibly prevent, COVID-19.

To date, Gilead Sciences Inc's intravenous drug Veklury, known generically as remdesivir, is the only approved antiviral treatment for COVID-19 in the United States.

Roche and partner Atea Pharmaceuticals in June said early data from a trial of their experimental oral antiviral AT-527 showed that it lowered viral load in hospitalized patients.

Merck said in June that the U.S. government agreed to pay about $1.2 billion for 1.7 million courses of molnupiravir, if it is proven to work and authorized by regulators. The company said it expected to file for U.S. emergency use authorization of molnupiravir in the second half of 2021 at the earliest.

Pfizer said in July if the PF-07321332 trial was successful, it would file for a potential emergency use authorization in the fourth quarter.
LINK

Posts: 4419 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Japanese Health Minister Norihisa Tamura on Tuesday said that the foreign matter found in the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine vials in the southern prefecture of Okinawa was likely caused when needles were inserted into the vials.

So... it wasn't contaminated until they put the needles into the vials to draw it out...
Yeah! That's the ticket! Rigghhht... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The doctor is worried about his license even talking about ivermectin:

Why all the fuss about Ivermectin?
By Brian C. Joondeph

First hydroxychloroquine, now ivermectin, is the hated deadly drug de jour, castigated by the medical establishment and regulatory authorities. Both drugs have been around for a long time as FDA-approved prescription medications. Yet now we are told they are as deadly as arsenic.

As a physician, I am certainly aware of ivermectin but don’t recall ever writing a prescription for it in my 30+ years’ medical career. Ivermectin is an anthelmintic, meaning it cures parasitic infections. In my world of ophthalmology, it is used on occasion for rare parasitic or worm infections in the eye.

Ivermectin was FDA approved in 1998 under the brand name Stromectol, produced by pharmaceutical giant Merck, approved for several parasitic infections. The product label described it as having a “unique mode of action,” which “leads to an increase in the permeability of the cell membrane to chloride ions.” This suggests that ivermectin acts as an ionophore, making cell membranes permeable to ions that enter the cell for therapeutic effect.

Ivermectin is one of several ionophores, others including hydroxychloroquine, quercetin, and resveratrol, the latter two available over the counter. These ionophores simply open a cellular door, allowing zinc to enter the cell, where it then interferes with viral replication, providing potential therapeutic benefit in viral and other infections.

This scientific paper reviews and references other studies demonstrating antibacterial, antiviral, and anticancer properties of ivermectin. This explains the interest in this drug as having potential use in treating COVID.

Does ivermectin work in COVID? I am not attempting to answer that question, instead looking at readily available information because this drug has been the focus of much recent media attention. For the benefit of any reader eager to report this article and author to the medical licensing boards for pushing misleading information, I am not offering medical advice or prescribing anything. Rather, I am only offering commentary on this newsworthy and controversial drug.

What’s newsworthy about ivermectin? A simple Google search of most medications describes uses and side effects. A similar search of ivermectin provides headlines of why it shouldn’t be taken and how dangerous it is.

The Guardian describes ivermectin as horse medicine reminding readers considering taking the drug, “You are not a horse. You are not a cow”, saying it’s a medicine meant for farm animals. The FDA echoed that sentiment in a recent tweet, adding “Seriously, y’all. Stop it,” their word choice making it obvious who the tweet was directed to.

Perhaps the FDA didn’t realize that Barack and Michelle Obama often used the term “y’all” and that some might construe the FDA tweet as racist.

The FDA says ivermectin “can be dangerous and even lethal,” yet they approved it in 1998 and have not pulled it from the market despite it being “dangerous and lethal.” Any medication can be “dangerous and lethal” if misused. People have even overdosed on water.

It is true that ivermectin is also used in animals, as are many drugs approved for human use. This is a list of veterinary drugs with many familiar names of antibiotics, antihypertensives, and anesthetics commonly used by humans. Since these drugs are used in farm animals, should humans stop taking them? That seems a rather unscientific argument against ivermectin, especially coming from the FDA.

And healthcare professionals are not recommending or prescribing animal versions of ivermectin as there is an FDA-approved human formulation.

Does ivermectin work against COVID? That is the bigger question and worthy of investigation, rather than reminding people that they are not cows.

A study published several months ago in the American Journal of Therapeutics concluded,

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

To my knowledge, these 18 studies have not been retracted, unlike previous studies critical of hydroxychloroquine which were ignominiously retracted by prestigious medical journals like The Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine.

Yet the medical establishment refuses to even entertain the possibility of some benefit from ivermectin, castigating physicians who want to try it in their patients. 18 studies found benefit. Are they all wrong?

Podcaster Joe Rogan recently contracted COVID and recovered within days of taking a drug cocktail including ivermectin. Was it his drug cocktail, his fitness, or just good luck? Impossible to know but his experience will keep ivermectin in the news.

Highly unvaccinated India had a surge in COVID cases earlier this year which abruptly ended following the widespread use of ivermectin, over the objections and criticism of the WHO. In the one state, Tamil Nadu, that did not use ivermectin, cases tripled instead of dropping by 97 percent as in the rest of the country.

This is anecdotal and could have other explanations but the discovery of penicillin was also anecdotal and observational. Good science should investigate rather than ignore such observations.

The Japanese Medical Association recently endorsed ivermectin for COVID. The US CDC cautioned against it.

There is legal pushback as an Ohio judge ordered a hospital to treat a ventilated COVID patient with ivermectin. After a month on the ventilator, this patient is likely COVID free and ivermectin now will have no benefit, allowing the medical establishment to say “see I told you so” that it wouldn’t help.

By this point, active COVID infection is not the issue; instead, it is weaning off and recovery from long-term life support. The early hydroxychloroquine studies had the same flaw, treating patients too late in the disease course to provide or demonstrate benefit.

These drugs have been proposed for early outpatient treatment, not when patients are seriously ill and near death. Looking for treatment benefits in the wrong patient population will yield expected negative results.

Given how devastating COVID can be and how, despite high levels of vaccination in countries like the US, UK, and Israel, we are seeing surging cases and hospitalizations among the vaccinated, we should be pulling out all the stops in treating this virus.

Medical treatment involves balancing risks and benefits. When FDA-approved medications are used in appropriate doses for appropriate patients, prescribed by competent physicians, the risks tend to be low, and any benefit should be celebrated. Instead, the medical establishment, media, and regulatory authorities are taking the opposite approach. One has to wonder why.

https://www.americanthinker.co...bout_ivermectin.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Japanese Health Minister Norihisa Tamura on Tuesday said that the foreign matter found in the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine vials in the southern prefecture of Okinawa was likely caused when needles were inserted into the vials.

So... it wasn't contaminated until they put the needles into the vials to draw it out...
Yeah! That's the ticket! Rigghhht... Roll Eyes

Sounds good for me too. Let's go with that.
We don't want to be labeled "conspiracy theorists". Wink

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post