SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

And that is later followed up with:

Jim: (34:05)
The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?

Bill Bryan: (34:16)
No, I’m here to talk about the finds that we had in the study. We don’t do that within that lab at our labs.

Donald Trump: (34:22)
[crosstalk 00:34:22] It wouldn’t be through injections, [inaudible 00:34:25] almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15777 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I mean, asking the medical/science professionals to look into using isopropyl alcohol and sunlight directly inside the human body to "clean out the virus"?

I've got the transcript in front of me, and the words he said do not correspond with this assertion.

Phototherapy is actually not new, and in fact is being researched for other combined therapies:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=...Cb1TBijZVucKAZpfnhAl

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Predictable. No problem for me – I get my nicotine from superb pipe tobacco.

“France has limited the sale of nicotine substitutes to avoid stockpiling after research suggested the addictive substance could have the potential to protect people from contracting the coronavirus.
……
The sale of such products online was suspended entirely.

https://mol.im/a/8253405

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9171 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

Same as it ever was. I’ve said for years that if you don’t like the medical survey results being touted this week, don’t sweat it. Next week they’ll have another study saying the exact opposite.

Heck, they still can't tell us if butter or eggs are good for you, and they've had decades.

My 90 year old mom, dad, and uncle have eaten bacon, eggs, toast and butter every morning for 70+ years. Only my dad had a slight problem requiring a small stent at about 80.
My empirical evidence sugggests it’s probably a function of genetics.

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
My 90 year old mom, dad, and uncle have eaten bacon, eggs, toast and butter every morning for 70+ years. Only my dad had a slight problem requiring a small stent at about 80.

My college statistics class suggests your sample size is too small to be useful.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

My college statistics class suggests your sample size is too small to be useful.

Probably a good sample for his chances.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is no scientifically proven causal relationship between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol level, nor is there one between blood cholesterol and heart disease.

Cholesterol does build up in the arteries, but the cause is not blood cholesterol level. Irritation and inflammation of the arterial walls causes cholesterol to stick and build up. Inflammation is caused by excessive sugar transport via insulin from diets filled with sugar and simple carbs.

The causal link was assumed "because it makes sense" and became dogma due to many other reasons. Food industry selling "low fat" synthetic garbage, pharmaceutical industry selling statins, anti-meat activists, etc.

It's not much different than the belief in AGW, and now, the overreaction to the Wuhan virus. ALL are not based in science, but on supposed scientists jumping to conclusions based on correlation and models, but not real data.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m reminded of that great quote that Mark Twain used more than once, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

If you substitute “anecdotal” for “empirical”, Jimineer’s post is harder to argue with. Wink

Posts: 6961 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

I’m reminded of that great quote that Mark Twain used more than once, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

If you substitute “anecdotal” for “empirical”, Jimineer’s post is harder to argue with. Wink
We've been operating on this premise since the very beginning da rona...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6256 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I think part of the President's strategy is to sow enough ambiguity in his remarks that anyone with a bit of common sense can parse the meaning.

Leaving idiots in the MSM and folks suffering TDS to spiral into fits.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by p226gsd:
Here in NC, stay at home orders were supposed to end April 29th, but Governor Cooper extended that today to May 8th.

Lucky you. The two idiots (both Dims) in charge of St. Louis City and St. Louis County have extended the SAH Order indefinitely.

I suspect as the state reopens, there will be increasing pressure on the Leftist holdouts who don't want to relinquish power. Just like how everyone was peer pressured to do the lockdowns, now there will be pressure to undo them. People will see other states and counties managing just fine, and will demand the same for themselves.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 581 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
From Web MD.

Hydrogen peroxide is typically sold in concentrations of about 3%. It can be used as is, or diluted to 0.5% concentration for effective use against coronaviruses on surfaces. It should be left on surfaces for one minute before wiping.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4145 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Another tiny pebble rolling down the hill. Will it hit a tree root or be part of an avalanche?

A Colorado knife shop owner is saying "enough is enough" to the governor.

quote:
“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”...

“What we’re going to be doing is have our staff wearing masks. We’re going to ask our customers to wear masks. If they don’t have a mask we’re going to have masks available they can purchase at a reasonable price. We’re also asking them to use hand sanitizer before they enter the store and then when they leave,” said Van Herke. “We feel along with controlling the number of people in the store and social distancing that should provide an adequate guard against transmission of the virus.”

https://pagetwo.completecolora...ZVUkrzyJb5kLDYyozKaU

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ Is that guy fucking insane?!? Personal responsibility? Measured risk? Someone tell on him quickly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20928 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Another tiny pebble rolling down the hill. Will it hit a tree root or be part of an avalanche?

A Colorado knife shop owner is saying "enough is enough" to the governor.

quote:
“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”...

“What we’re going to be doing is have our staff wearing masks. We’re going to ask our customers to wear masks. If they don’t have a mask we’re going to have masks available they can purchase at a reasonable price. We’re also asking them to use hand sanitizer before they enter the store and then when they leave,” said Van Herke. “We feel along with controlling the number of people in the store and social distancing that should provide an adequate guard against transmission of the virus.”

https://pagetwo.completecolora...ZVUkrzyJb5kLDYyozKaU
I hope this 'subtle' middle finger extended to government will continue and expand, and that people will attempt to return to some semblance of their lives in direct contradiction of the demands of our moronic government. As is true with every question ever posed, more government is 'not' the answer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^ Is that guy fucking insane?!? Personal responsibility? Measured risk? Some tell on him quickly.
Novel idea, eh? Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6256 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

Novel idea, eh? Wink

What you did there was seen Big Grin

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sunlight in the body to fight the virus. crazy huh ?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nfect-lungs-n2567591

[Aytu BioScience, Inc. (the “Company”)], a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing novel products that address significant patient needs announced today that it has signed an exclusive worldwide license from Cedars-Sinai to develop and commercialize the Healight Platform Technology (“Healight”). This medical device technology platform, discovered and developed by scientists at Cedars-Sinai, is being studied as a potential first-in-class treatment for coronavirus and other respiratory infections.

The Healight technology employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel endotracheal medical device . Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology’s significant impact on eradicating a wide range of viruses and bacteria, inclusive of coronavirus.

“Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, “Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens.

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had another argument with a rather wealthy Chinese friend who emigrated to Montreal. She is from Beijing, lived in an apartment near Tiananmen square, and also had a house (!) outside the city. Her family owns buildings that they rent to hotels, but you know, they are not rich...

She went to college in the UK, speaks English, and now speaks French, and has traveled extensively. Even so, it is hard to break through the things that are instilled by the Chinese gov't and media.

Here goes:

In Tiananmen square the military went in unarmed to deal with the students, under the instructions not to harm anyone. The unarmed students somehow killed, maimed, and burned soldiers. After that, the soldiers were armed and defended themselves accordingly. The tanks did not kill anyone. Never mind that the entire premise of "unarmed military" is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard in the history of excuses for failure...

Then the students got on planes and fled to the US where they live today and now use their Facebook accounts to foment continuing insurrections in China.

Except ALL Chinese news is gov't controlled and thus is propaganda. And I cannot see how the students got out of China and onto planes for the US without being captured buy the Chinese gov't...

This is the reality - gov't propaganda and lies are so pervasive that even well educated, international travel savvy Chinese are brainwashed into believing at least SOME of the lies. Their entire basis of understanding of their country and the rest of the world is a house of cards that is falling down as we speak.

The official Chinese gov't story that the Wuhan Virus came from a bat and crossed over to humans in the wet market (they have given no other credible theory) is not even believed, and the "scientists" are still trying to determine the "true" origins.

The sad part is our country is falling for the same media propaganda, and many Americans can't tell truth from fantasy anymore.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local news just had a spot where they looked into the inspection records of nursing / assisted living facilities that had high levels of C-19.
Big surprise! They had been cited for poor infection control procedures previously and sometimes the reports indicated that the poor procedures were at a life threatening level.
This was prior to the out breaks.
Yet they were not shut down.
When this shit finally ends, I think there will many reviews of what the causes of death actually were and what contributed to the spread and how the figures were reached.
Hopefully, we will have learned something that will help us avoid this in the future.
Maybe.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16223 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post