SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Minor thread drift: @ StorminNormin, I thank you kindly for sending me D3 sir. Took my 1st one today. I am pleased to get this and very grateful.

Anytime David, stay healthy.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The population of Israel is 9-1/2 million and Bennett is saying 2-4 million Israelis will get infected this go around. His solution is booster shots.

Israel, One of Most Vaccinated Countries in the World, Sets New COVID-19 Case Record

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...Fq3CnejNXziSWCxyhsIp

The Israeli Ministry of Health announced this week that more than 72,000 people tested positive for the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, the largest rise in infections since the start of the pandemic.

Total active cases in the country rose to nearly 400,000 people, of whom 533 are currently hospitalized in critical condition, according to a Jan. 19 statement posted by the country’s health ministry.

Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett warned this month that CCP virus cases are expected to increase rapidly amid the spread of the Omicron variant, as he presented government data that indicates two to four million Israelis are predicted to be infected with COVID-19 during the current outbreak.

“Information presented at a cabinet meeting indicates that in Israel, overall 2–4 million citizens will be infected in the current wave,” Bennett’s statement reads.

Israel, which has one of the highest COVID-19 vaccination rates in the world with already nearly half of its citizens having received three shots, is leading the world in new daily cases per capita, according to Jan. 20 data.

Eran Segal, a biologist at the Weizmann Institute of Science, verified this data, explaining that after comparing the numbers of each country’s seven-day running average, Israel is at the top, The Times of Israel reported.

The country’s health ministry announced last week it started administering second boosters to the most vulnerable group of people and already 500,000 people have received the fourth shot. In total, nearly 73 percent of Israeli’s have received at least one dose while roughly 66 percent are fully vaccinated, according to government data.

Israel was among the first countries to roll out vaccines a year ago and began widely offering third doses last summer in a bid to contain the Delta variant. Authorities have said they hope the fourth shot will blunt a wave of infections driven by Omicron.

An Israeli researcher said on Jan. 17 a second booster dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine does induce antibodies, but likely not at a level high enough to protect recipients against infection from Omicron. Much of Israel’s COVID-19 vaccination program uses the Pfizer jab.

“Two weeks after administering the fourth vaccine, we see a good increase in the antibodies, higher than after the third dose, but not high enough against Omicron,” lead researcher Prof. Gili Regev-Yochay told reporters in an online briefing.

Omicron has proven better at evading antibodies induced by COVID-19 vaccines than earlier strains and has infected millions of vaccinated people around the world in recent weeks, sparking a renewed effort to get people boosted.

On Tuesday, Bennett again encouraged Israelis to get jabbed. The leader promoted earlier preliminary results from a Sheba Medical Center study that showed a high level of antibodies a week after workers received the fourth dose, touting “a five-fold increase in the number of antibodies” in the recipient of the vaccine.

The early data indeed indicated that the booster restored some of the lost protection against infection, but that the protection again dropped after just a few weeks. Similar results have come in for the second booster, according to preliminary results from the Sheba study, which have not yet been published.

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Looked back a few pages to see if this was mentioned but didn't see anything.

California Legislature considering a bill to let older children get the vaccination without parental consent.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Israel is turning into a real-world example of destroying people’s immune systems with never-ending “boosters”. This isn’t going to end well for them and I predict they will regret this course of action.

Posts: 34542 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Is it just me or is this bitch just straight-up crazy?

Here the CDC has lowered quarantine recommendations to 5 days, down from 10 and that down from the original 14. This power-mad lunatic is doubling down and INCREASING that in New Zealand Mad

Jacinda Ardern will force household Covid contacts to isolate for 24 DAYS in new crackdown as NZ braces for Omicron outbreak

I am 11 days from my first symptoms and I still test positive on a rapid antigen test. I know I will test positive for weeks on a more sensitive PCR test.

Ok and…?

You aren’t INFECTIOUS for weeks and weeks after getting it, are you? Isn’t the whole concept of quarantine to separate infectious people from healthy people?

Why did our CDC drop quarantine to 5 days then?

I have no clue why they dropped the quarantine, but I don’t trust it. I know I won’t be infectious for weeks and I know I will test positive for up to 12 weeks on a PCR test.

FOR ME, to decide when I can go around my mom again I am going by the rapid antigen test. It tests positive when you are shedding high amounts of the virus. When I test negative again, then I will feel safe visiting her. This virus is so different for so many people. This is just a personal choice for me and not me saying what I think people should do.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
PJW says youse fellas is right about the Feb. 1 stuff. Big Grin

"Dr. Hilary" seems to be England's Dr. Faustus err Fauci.

Tremendously satisfying!

"You don't have the moral high ground. You never did. Sit the fuck down!"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yup. Masks are HORSE SHIT. The assholes knew it all along.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why did our CDC drop quarantine to 5 days then?

When the NFL, NHL and NBA schedules were getting turned upside down with the 10-day quarantine mandates. Just in time for the NFL playoffs. Big Grin (and US Olympic Qual Trials)

It's bullshit and I would not believe it for one second.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting article. My better half has been subscribed to Dr. Mercola for years.
https://articles.mercola.com/s...s-immune-system.aspx

Posts: 271 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Texas Judge Blocks Biden's Vaccine Mandate For Federal Employees Nationwide

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...te-federal-employees

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/...n-federal-employees/

My wife is a federal employee. Help us understand where this is going next, appeal....

Thanks

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My Daughter is also. We are hopeful.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The executive branch employee mandate by executive order will not go away until it is shot down by the Supreme Court. Until they kill it, the asshole administration will do everything in their power to reinstate it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Israel is turning into a real-world example of destroying people’s immune systems with never-ending “boosters”. This isn’t going to end well for them and I predict they will regret this course of action.
Israel is just preparing for World War Z. Remember when the zombies ran past the infected and didn’t seem to “see” them? Guess someone took that movie a little too seriously and thought it was a documentary… Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Israeli Government not expected to renew Green Pass

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/320998

Restrictions to expire next week; "no longer relevant" now that vaccination doesn't protect against infection with Omicron variant.

On Saturday night, the government's expert advisory committee on Covid-19 met and after discussion, resolved to recommend to the government that the Green Pass restrictions not be renewed when they expire next week.

According to a report in Behadrey Haredim, the position of the experts is that, "Booster shots are sufficiently preventative against serious illness, but with the Omicron variant, vaccines are insufficiently protective against infection."

According to members of the advisory committee, the situation in which gatherings under Green Pass restrictions were considered safe due to the fact that all those present were vaccinated, no longer prevails; such gatherings are no longer considered "safe" in that those present are not protected against being infected by COVID. Therefore, a feeling of security in such situations is potentially dangerous, as it could lead to those present not taking proper precautions against contagion. In addition, there no longer exists any justification for barring those who are not vaccinated from such venues.

All the same, the advisory committee recommended that, "The Green Pass system should be preserved and incorporated into a system that includes negative antigen tests such as are being used in schools." The practical meaning of this is that people who are not vaccinated may gain entrance to public venues via display of a negative virus test.

In addition, the expert committee recommended several measures designed to enable populations at risk to protect themselves, such as allowing them to use their sick leave to remain home from work in the next few weeks while the virus wave peaks, without needing a doctor's note in order to receive compensation, and allowing children to stay home from school likewise without medical authorization.

"We need to take into consideration the new paradigm, while keeping an eye on the evolving situation over the next few weeks," the committee concluded.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Europe's COVID mandate protests are getting big and violent

Anti-COVID mandate protests have been going on for awhile now, led by Europe, North America, and Australia. Various international groups over the weekend held a global day of COVID mandate protests, which some ignorant reporters labelled "anti-vaxx" protests, but in fact were anti-vaccine mandate protests.

One thing was different from the past protests: They are turning violent. Here's the Politico report from Brussels:

Protests in Brussels against coronavirus restrictions spiralled into violence on Sunday as protesters clashed with police officers and vandalized the offices of the European External Action Service, the EU’s diplomatic arm.

In one of the largest demonstrations against COVID-19 measures in the city, an estimated 50,000 people poured onto the streets, including groups traveling from outside Belgium, according to a police spokesperson. The demonstration was organized by the EU-wide network Europeans United for Freedom and other groups that oppose health restrictions.

Police used teargas and water cannons to clear the Cinquantenaire park near the EU institutions after groups of protesters threw objects at officers and charged at them. Live footage showed protesters at street level hurling metal fences and a burning dustbin at policemen below them in the entrance to a metro station. An escalator was later shown burning.
Hooded and masked demonstrators shattered the glass exterior of the EEAS office while police were inside.

Boris’s Salvo of Freedom: Johnson Cancels the Pandemic in England

“The side entrance was vandalized,” said a Commission spokesperson, adding that nobody was in danger. Top diplomat Josep Borrell visited the offices to inspect the damage and tweeted his condemnation of “the senseless destruction and violence.”

Why is it that Belgium's and Guadaloupe's protests turned violent?

Perhaps some clues can begin from the protestors themselves. One reporter, Amy Jones, writing at Unherd, went and asked what was at the root of the protests, interviewing protestors in the U.K.:

It would be easy to paint this protest as “antivax”, but as I spoke to the NHS staff who were protesting, it became apparent that doing so would be simplistic at best and disingenuous at worst.

While some mentioned their belief in natural immunity, and antibodies in lieu of vaccination, the vast majority of people I spoke to were less concerned about the vaccine itself and more worried about what the mandate represented — not only for themselves, but for their colleagues, and the NHS in general. Many were vaccinated, but chose to stand against the policy in solidarity with their unvaccinated colleagues.

Some, such as Anne, a midwife with 8 years’ service, were worried about the impact on staffing. While she had been vaccinated, she was adamantly opposed to the mandate, explaining: “I don’t want them to sack my colleagues. We are so short-staffed. This will destroy us”.

...and...

Others were concerned about what kind of precedent this mandate would set. Many feared that it would give the NHS the power to alter employment terms and conditions retrospectively, which could result in them losing their jobs.

But the central theme to have emerged from my conversations with protesters — vaccinated and unvaccinated — was the importance of bodily autonomy and consent. As Alice, an emergency nurse practitioner explained: “It’s about the principle. I cannot advocate for consent for my patients and deny it for myself and my peers”. This sentiment was shared by Dr Steve James in his interview with UnHerd as well.

Bodily autonomy was the top reason, staff shortages and arbitrary government power were two others.

https://www.americanthinker.co...big_and_violent.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Watch Live: Sen. Johnson Holds Star-Studded COVID-19 'Second Opinion' Hearing

US Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) is holding a panel discussion, COVID 19: A Second Opinion, this morning.

The invited speakers - a star-studded group of world renowned doctors and medical experts - will provide a different perspective on the global pandemic response, the current state of knowledge of early and hospital treatment, vaccine efficacy and safety, what went right, what went wrong, what should be done now, and what needs to be addressed long term.

Medical experts and doctors

Four Pillars of Pandemic Response

Dr. Peter McCullough

Pillar 1: Limit the spread

Dr. Bret Weinstein
Dr. Jay Bhattacharya

Pillar 2: Early at Home Treatment

Dr. Ryan Cole
Dr. Harvey Risch
Dr. George Fareed
Dr. Pierre Kory
Dr. Richard Urso

Pillar 3: Hospital Treatment

Dr. Paul Marik
Dr. Aaron Kheriaty

Pillar 4: Vaccines

Dr. Robert Malone
Dr. David Wiseman

Watch the hearing live here (9amET-12pmET):

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...cond-opinion-hearing

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is excellent information.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34542 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have no issue if these idiots wear masks for the rest of their lives. And as they get sick time and again regardless.

Try to force me and mine to wear masks and we'll have a problem.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post