SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good post Chellim.

3/4 of the medicines in our kitchens and bathrooms were manufactured side-by-side with similar Vet/Animal Meds. (albeit at a fraction of the retail cost)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fourth Case Of Contaminated Moderna Vaccine Reported In Japan

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...ccine-reported-japan

Yet another contaminated Moderna Covid-19 vaccine has been reported in Japan - the fourth in less than a week, according to Reuters, which reports that 'several black particles' were found in a Moderna vaccine vial in Kanagawa prefecture.

The remainder of the lot has been placed on hold.

Last week Japan suspended the use of 1.63 million Moderna doses after being notified of a contaminant which 'could be metal' and reacts to magnets.

Moderna and Spanish pharma company Rovi, which bottles the vaccines, says the cause could be a manufacturing issue.

Kanagawa prefecture said the vaccine's domestic distributor, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, had collected the vial with the suspected contaminant and that about 3,790 people had already received shots from the same lot.

More Moderna shots were temporarily halted in two other regions this week. In some cases, foreign substances have been found in unused vials, whereas others appear to be caused when bits of the vials' rubber stopper break off when needles are incorrectly inserted. -Reuters

On Wednesday, Japan's health ministry said that the vial sent to Kanagawa was from a different lot than the previous contamination reports, but has said that 'rubber stopper material' appears to have gone into it during the manufacturing process (which would contradict last week's report that the material 'reacts to magnets').

Medical staff are being encouraged to perform visual inspections of vials for foreign materials or discoloration before use.

Posts: 12846 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last week Japan suspended the use of 1.63 million Moderna doses after being notified of a contaminant which ' could be metal' and reacts to magnets .

Hmmm...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24303 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Last week Japan suspended the use of 1.63 million Moderna doses after being notified of a contaminant which ' could be metal' and reacts to magnets .

Hmmm...

Here's a project for anyone that's bored. Get yourself a syringe with a 25ga needle and grind up some metal shavings. Suspend that in .3ml liquid in a ratio that is also injectable. Obviously, it can't just be a wet paste of visible fragments, or it won't pass thorough the lumen. Inject this mixture into an orange and see what it would take to get a magnet to actually stick.

Posts: 8988 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Hmmm...

Here's a project for anyone that's bored. Get yourself a syringe with a 25ga needle and grind up some metal shavings. Suspend that in .3ml liquid in a ratio that is also injectable. Obviously, it can't just be a wet paste of visible fragments, or it won't pass thorough the lumen. Inject this mixture into an orange and see what it would take to get a magnet to actually stick.

My guess is that if you jabbed the whole needle in and broke it off. It would barely be noticeable with a magnet.

This magnetism non-sense and keys flying off desks has to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here in a long while. Out side of how this Pandemic has shut things down of course.

But at least I'm working from home pretty much indefinitely at this point. So there's the upside.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8882 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
While Rightwire has not yet responded to my question, I imagine he's going to tell us he didn't witness the flying key thing with his own eyes. In his post, he says "She is not one to play games or engage in goofing around."

So, he respects the source of the story and that's why he chose to tell us about this.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
...who had a metal key jump off her desk and adhere to her arm at the injection site when she bent over to pick something off the floor.
Did you witness this, or were you told about it?

My apologies for the lack of immediate response, this is the first time I've re-checked the thread.

I had a call with this person shortly after it happened. I could tell from her tone she was very concerned. She was not required to reveal this information, nor could I ask as it is personal and medical, however she was upset enough to tell me in detail what happened. We had a face to face meeting a week later and she showed me the pictures she took with her phone discussed in the call. She sent me the picture but asked that I not send it to anyone else.

This particular individual although very personable is very matter of fact and integrity is a key element of her personality.

She was not opposed to me sharing general details that she shared with select others, but I need to be careful here due to HIPAA and company rules so I won't share any more detail about the specific individual or incident in a public forum.

As most of you know I have tremendous respect for this forum and the membership, I've met many of you in person. I would not post information of this nature if I was not highly confident that it was factual.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38060 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe you, Rightwire, but I don't believe the story you were told. An object flying through the air and sticking to a human body? I would have to see it with my own eyes, and even then, I would still look for the cause.

If this happened to her once, she should be able to recreate it, but I have no doubt whatsoever that that is not going to happen.

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I would not post information of this nature if I was not highly confident that it was factual.

You're confident that non-ferrous brass keys are attracted to a mysterious "magnetic" substance in the Covid vaccine that generates a field sufficient to pull from several inches to feet away? I don't care how well you know her, that story is nonsense.

Posts: 8988 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the lack of a link. It’s behind a NYT paywall and screw those Commies.

“The unvaccinated need to avoid travel for Labor Day”

They’re pushing to normalize treating the unvaccinated as second class citizens without rights.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
non-ferrous brass keys

Most people don't realize that keys are made of soft(er) non-ferrous metals, with a few exceptions. The key wears faster than the lock, because keys are cheaper and easier to replace than the lock itself.

Key rings and other things on the key ring may be attracted to a magnet, but not the keys themselves. Even with that being the case, it would take one heck of a magnetic draw to attract the steel key ring enough to drag the keys along with it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15777 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

You're confident that non-ferrous brass keys are attracted to a mysterious "magnetic" substance ...

Not all keys are non-ferrous. Many keys can be attracted to magnets.

Ok, carry on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30608 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard that some vaccinated people report seeing glowing rings around the area where the needle went into their skin. So, it seems that in addition to being highly magnetic, the vaccine is also bio luminescent, or even radioactive! Wink

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3577 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I have been told that this only happens with the Pfizer jab - there is a mercury element in the delivery that is different from what Moderna and J&J are using.

I believe the new Pfizer variant (the one that received FDA approval) is minus the mercury element.

This info was from a nurse/technician that has given tens of thousands of these pokes. Unfortunately she would not give me access to the post-jab waiting area security camera. Big Grin

I think she gave you some misinformation. Mercury is diamagnetic, meaning that its atoms will tend to align themselves in a magnetic field, but it is not ferromagnetic, meaning it would stick to a magnet like a piece of iron would.

Secondly, she is probably thinking of thimerosal, a preservative that does contain mercury. Thimerosal is used in some vaccines like that for flu. But the amount of mercury would be far too small to show any overt signs of magnetism, and at any rate none of the Covid vaccines contain any in the first place.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16504 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Call me paranoid, but I'm one of those people who get a yearly flu shot. This year I'm afraid it could be something else that's injected into my shoulder. Am I being silly? More and more, I don't trust anyone.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38897 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
A California county’s Democrat-controlled board of supervisors voted 3-2 at midnight Tuesday to declare misinformation a public health crisis and potentially silence residents who oppose coronavirus lockdowns as well as mask and vaccine mandates.

The party-line vote came after 14 hours of public comment in San Diego County, with hundreds of residents speaking out against the measure.

"Misinformation I agree is dangerous, however, it is hard for me to believe that we or anyone we know knows everything about medicine," Jim Desmond, a Republican board member who voted against the measure, told Fox News. "Today’s facts may be tomorrow’s misinformation."

He said it’s both an infringement of freedom of speech and a hindrance to medical science.

"We have sacrificed a lot of freedoms over the last 16 months," he said. "But I will not sacrifice freedom of speech and thought."

Democratic board Chair Nathan Fletcher, who introduced the measure, did not share those concerns in a tweet celebrating the passage.

"San Diego County became the first jurisdiction in America to officially declare ‘Health Mis-information a Public Health Crisis,’" he wrote. "It is time to trust science, doctors and public health experts."

Still, the measure faced widespread criticism from area residents, and the board’s public testimony session ran for 14 hours.

More than 400 speakers voiced their opposition to declaring misinformation a public health crisis, according to Desmond’s office.

Proponents of the designation argued it would help fight vaccine hesitancy as the COVID-19 delta variant continues to spread. But critics worried it had greater implications.

A letter from board Chair Nathan Fletcher recommends tasking the county’s chief administrative officer with devoting resources to "label health misinformation" and then counter it; to spend tax revenue on a way to "modernize public health communications;" and to set up a new website specifically designed for "combating health misinformation," among other things.

A summary of the proposal claims that "health misinformation now presents a greater threat to public health than a variant of COVID-19."

"In response, the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego recognizes the vaccine hesitancy, that stands in the way of the County moving beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, is being fueled by the spread of health misinformation and commits to developing strategies to actively combat health misinformation," it continues.

Fletcher’s letter also recommended making a website to "combat" online posts that counter the county’s official positions on the coronavirus, spending taxpayers’ money to "identify and label health misinformation" and building up the county’s public health communications apparatus to convey approved messaging, among other measures.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san...public-health-crisis

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

"San Diego County became the first jurisdiction in America to officially declare ‘Health Mis-information a Public Health Crisis,’" he wrote. "It is time to trust science, doctors and public health experts."

I know the comparison is everywhere nowadays, but that's a paragraph straight out of 1984

quote:
A summary of the proposal claims that "health misinformation now presents a greater threat to public health than a variant of COVID-19."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30608 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Democratic board Chair Nathan Fletcher, who introduced the measure....
Just in case anyone was wondering where this moron comes down...

This is what you do when you're losing, and losing badly. They've lost the public through lies and fear mongering, and this BS isn't going to do anything to improve their situation. If anything, this may actually make the eventual push back even worse. Let's hope so.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that my wife, who has two relatives that c.aim they have received the Covid booster shots. 1 in Killeen Texas and the other in Atlanta Georgia. Could this be correct?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7144 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I find it interesting that my wife, who has two relatives that c.aim they have received the Covid booster shots. 1 in Killeen Texas and the other in Atlanta Georgia. Could this be correct?

You mean is it correct that some people have received the booster shot? Yes, they are already available in some areas. My mother either already got hers, or is scheduled to receive it (can't remember which now).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16504 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was under the impression that it would start end of September. Damn it, I hate being wrong.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7144 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post