SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
So my 12 yo was told two days ago he was possibly exposed while at band class. And maybe someone at art class

Today he wakes up with sinus pain, a 99° fever and being tired. I sent him back to bed.

We all three went for a test, local Army dudes are doing rapid tests here in Temple.

Little one is positive, Mrs Mike and I are not. I’m sure we just don’t have enough of the virus in us yet to show up on a test.

Mrs Mike has had the shot, me n Tomminator haven’t…

So the sgt walks up and tells us the results and then you are free to go..no suggestions to go see your doctor, no “take a buncha vitamin C. Nothing. I’m wondering if the truly week minded people freak out and loose their shit (is that wrong? )

I’m not worried, I know it’s the flu, I know that he will be fine…hell, he looks fine right now. He had three extra hours of sleep after I sent him back to bed this morning. Wish I could get some extra sleep.

My brother just got over a bout. In his case they gave him a large vitamin d (50000) booster, told him to rest and drink lots of fluids. In his case took ~10 days to feel better. He said only the lack of taste really bothered him.

Good wishes for the little one.

Posts: 1051 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ha, Mrs Mike just came into the room and said that she hopes I don’t get it….because whenever you get anything, you get the “Ebola” level of it.

Guess I better go get that bottle of The Macallan and get cracking if I’m gonna be dead soon!

The Macallan is good stuff. Make it a double.
But also make sure you keep up with your Vitamin C, D and Zinc.

https://www.americanpartisan.o...d-treating-covid-19/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Anyone hear anything about the Novavax vaccine? It uses the more traditional method of introducing the virus and letting the body build immunity. If this vaccination thing becomes something I choose (or forced) to do it appeals to me more then the new experimental approach.

Also, why is the conversation not about antibodies? Isn’t that what really matters especially when a large percentage of the population has already had COVID?

JC

Posts: 1283 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, why is the conversation not about antibodies?

No money in people who have recovered.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

I can't imagine that sort of reply is going to do anything to encourage any other calm, reasonable or informed response from him or others with any insight or knowledge. If you want this to be nothing but an echo chamber of your view, maybe this will help accomplish your objective.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12495 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cabellocabeza
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this is offensive to some, but I am somewhat of a statistics person. If you look at the data, it tells a story.

https://www.beckershospitalrev...obese-cdc-finds.html

78% of the people hospitalized for covid are obese.

So if you are not over weight you are ok?

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cabellocabeza:

Unless you are among the 22% of the people hospitalized for covid who are NOT obese. Wink

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Anyone hear anything about the Novavax vaccine? It uses the more traditional method of introducing the virus and letting the body build immunity. If this vaccination thing becomes something I choose (or forced) to do it appeals to me more then the new experimental approach.

Also, why is the conversation not about antibodies? Isn’t that what really matters especially when a large percentage of the population has already had COVID?

It's coming, but not until perhaps October at the earliest (first report was for September).
I'm waiting for it; had the Covid in late Jan. 2020.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/0...n-delayed-to-q4.html

https://www.nebraskamed.com/CO...ovavax-vaccine-works

Posts: 3252 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's coming, but not until perhaps October at the earliest (first report was for September).

Mmmm....
<SNIFF>
Hints of moth and tree bark!
I love Octoberfest!

-rduckwor

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I can't imagine that sort of reply is going to do anything to encourage any other calm, reasonable or informed response from him or others with any insight or knowledge. If you want this to be nothing but an echo chamber of your view, maybe this will help accomplish your objective.

Maybe my words were harsh but I’ll let them stand. It’s hard to accept that he would call the data bogus while there’s a penalty attached to providing false data. Will some data be wrong? Maybe. But 480k with no follow up from the cdc? They would have a vested interest in dispelling any data contrary to the story they’be been telling us for the past 18 months

Posts: 2843 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:

Isnt the J&J a more traditional type vaccine?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1368 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's be polite, please.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
So my 12 yo was told two days ago he was possibly exposed while at band class. And maybe someone at art class

Today he wakes up with sinus pain, a 99° fever and being tired. I sent him back to bed.

We all three went for a test, local Army dudes are doing rapid tests here in Temple.

Little one is positive, Mrs Mike and I are not. I’m sure we just don’t have enough of the virus in us yet to show up on a test.

Mrs Mike has had the shot, me n Tomminator haven’t…

So the sgt walks up and tells us the results and then you are free to go..no suggestions to go see your doctor, no “take a buncha vitamin C. Nothing. I’m wondering if the truly week minded people freak out and loose their shit (is that wrong? )

I’m not worried, I know it’s the flu, I know that he will be fine…hell, he looks fine right now. He had three extra hours of sleep after I sent him back to bed this morning. Wish I could get some extra sleep.

My brother just got over a bout. In his case they gave him a large vitamin d (50000) booster, told him to rest and drink lots of fluids. In his case took ~10 days to feel better. He said only the lack of taste really bothered him.

Good wishes for the little one.
Ya know where we get our biggest dose of Vitamin D from right? Being outside in the sun. An acquaintance of mine through church got the WuFlu and said just being outside on his deck for a couple hours a day made him feel a bit better as he was recovering (I don't think his symptoms were very severe in the first place). Who knows, just being outside in the fresh air might have contributed to him feeling better.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cabellocabeza:

Old, obese, high blood pressure, immuno-compromised, and/or suffering from serious health issues are all targeted groups this virus loves to pick on. Statistically, younger, fit, people without serious health issues, fair very well against this virus, vaxed or not.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
From the link in rat2306's post:

"The Novavax method uses moth cells to make spike proteins:

Researchers select the desired genes that create certain SARS-CoV-2 antigens (spike protein).
Researchers put the genes into a baculovirus, an insect virus.
The baculovirus infects moth cells and replicates inside them.
These moth cells create lots of spike proteins.
Researchers extract and purify the spike proteins."

Think the early, unpublished field trials were done way back around 1966 in Point Pleasant, W. Virginia. Maybe. Wink

The technology: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p...150248/figure/f0010/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7150248/

Posts: 15953 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got it, and needed the regeneron infusion. My wife got it and caught pneumonia as well. she was in the hospital 5 nights and on remdisivir. We both exercise, and statistically speaking I should have been low risk.

I'm not sure I would have done OK without the regeneron. My wife is slim and 48 walks 4 miles a day, and it nearly killed her. Neither of us are vaccinated. Did not make statistical sense to do so.

I feel angry, at nothing specific, but want to recover. China must pay.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I know better than getting back in here after saying adios hundreds of pages ago, but here goes.

I personally would not call the VAERS "bogus". Sure, it will let anybody get in to report possible adverse reactions to vaccines, and potentially there will be false reporting. But, the public are not the only ones that report, as healthcare providers/organizations and vaccine manufacturers are also reporting, and I'll wager that most are honest reporting. And sure, there are follow up investigations, if they detect a "safety signal". Here is the direct quote (Disclaimer) from CDC, with emphasis mine.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

quote:
VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to VAERS. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. Most reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.

The strengths of VAERS are that it is national in scope and can quickly provide an early warning of a safety problem with a vaccine. As part of CDC and FDA's multi-system approach to post-licensure vaccine safety monitoring, VAERS is designed to rapidly detect unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse events, also known as "safety signals." If a safety signal is found in VAERS, further studies can be done in safety systems such as the CDC's Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) or the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) project. These systems do not have the same limitations as VAERS, and can better assess health risks and possible connections between adverse events and a vaccine.

Key considerations and limitations of VAERS data:

* Vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS, whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause.

* Reports may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.

* The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines.

* VAERS data are limited to vaccine adverse event reports received between 1990 and the most recent date for which data are available.

* VAERS data do not represent all known safety information for a vaccine and should be interpreted in the context of other scientific information.

VAERS data available to the public include only the initial report data to VAERS. Updated data which contains data from medical records and corrections reported during follow up are used by the government for analysis. However, for numerous reasons including data consistency, these amended data are not available to the public.

An example of serious adverse event attributed to a vaccine leading to its withdrawal from the market was the rotavirus vaccine (RotaShield®) 22 years ago. Those of us who were doing pediatrics remembered it well. Kids getting the vaccine were developing intussusception, a condition where the gut was telescoping on itself leading to potential fatal blockage if not caught and treated promptly.

With all that said, that doesn't mean I'm cheering for the CDC. Not in the least. What they, and the rest of organized medicine (AMA, ACP, AAP, etc.) and the so-called prestigious medical publications, together with big tech and the corrupt media and politicians, have done in the last almost 2 years regarding this coronavirus is despicable, as far as I'm concerned. I have not taken the shot and don't intend to ever getting the shot. I have my own reasons. People who take the shot have their reasons, and I personally don't care. I just wish people respect each other's choices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stickman,

I am saying that the RNA tech utilized in the vaccine was/is being tested for Cancer and HIV treatment/prevention. The companies playing around this technology know what its shortcomings and issues are - and they know it was never intended to be utilized as a successful Corona vaccine. So you are correct that they did "rush" to market with the vaccine - but that doesn't mean they don't know what the inherent risks are. (thus their demand for complete immunity from legal action from its victims)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
GraniteGuy, thanks for the clarification. Smile Yeah, that whole immunity from legal repercussions aspect is anything but confidence inspiring. Frankly, it’s bullshit in my opinon.

DJ_Boston, I am sorry that happened to you and your wife. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I’ve been praying pretty dang hard lately. I truly believe prayer is quite powerful. A good friend of mine and his wife who are both in their mid 30’s caught it and it kicked their ass. I too find myself with a profound anger bordering on belligerent rage over this whole cluster. If it is proven that China had an opportunity to contain this and didn’t via negligence or malice then I don’t see how they survive as a country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I think another consideration needs to be advocacy and options.

mRNA as experimental and optional is one thing for a terminally ill patient.

mRNA as experimental and mandatory without legal repercussions for something that is 99% recoverable is wildly ridiculous. Experimental, Mandatory, Legal Obligation - pick one. You don't get all three.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12826 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post