SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
First off, the vaccine adverse event reporting system is bogus. Literally any person in the world can go in and report any number of adverse reactions. Whether they are vaccinated or not. Look up the site and see for yourself. There is no investigation after a report is made.

VAERS data is updated every Friday...

COVID Vaccine Injury Reports Jump by 27,000 in One Week as FDA Pulls ‘Bait and Switch’ With Pfizer Vaccine Approval

VAERS data released Friday by the CDC showed a total of 623,343 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID vaccines, including 13,627 deaths and 84,466 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020 and Aug. 20, 2021.

COVID Vaccine Injury Reports Jump by 27,000 in One Week as FDA Pulls ‘Bait and Switch’ With Pfizer Vaccine Approval

Data released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that between Dec. 14, 2020 and Aug. 20, 2021, a total of 623,343 total adverse events were reported to VAERS, including 13,627 deaths — an increase of 559 over the data released last week.

There were 84,466 reports of serious injuries, including deaths, during the same time period — up 3,416 compared with the previous week.

Excluding “foreign reports” filed in VAERS, 488,318 adverse events, including 6,128 deaths and 38,765 serious injuries, were reported in the U.S. between Dec. 14, 2020 and Aug. 20, 2021.between Dec. 14, 2020 and Aug. 20, 2021.

Of the 6,128 U.S. deaths reported as of Aug. 20, 13% occurred within 24 hours of vaccination, 18% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination and 32% occurred in people who experienced an onset of symptoms within 48 hours of being vaccinated.

In the U.S., 360.3 million COVID vaccine doses had been administered as of Aug. 20. This includes: 203 million doses of Pfizer, 143 million doses of Moderna and 14 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J).

The data come directly from reports submitted to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), the primary government-funded system for reporting adverse vaccine reactions in the U.S.

Every Friday, VAERS makes public all vaccine injury reports received as of a specified date, usually about a week prior to the release date. Reports submitted to VAERS require further investigation before a causal relationship can be confirmed.

This week’s U.S. data for 12- to 17-year-olds show:
[LIST]
  • 17,518 total adverse events, including 1,047 rated as serious and 18 reported deaths. Two of the 18 deaths were suicides.

The most recent reported deaths include a 15-year-old boy (VAERS I.D. 1498080) who previously had COVID, was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in May 2021 and died four days after receiving his second dose of Pfizer’s vaccine on June 18, when he collapsed on the soccer field and went into ventricular tachycardia; and a 13-year-old girl (VAERS I.D. 1505250) who died after suffering a heart condition after receiving her first dose of Pfizer.

Other deaths include two 13-year-old boys (VAERS I.D. 1406840 and 1431289) who died two days after receiving a Pfizer vaccine, a 13-year-old boy who died after receiving Moderna (VAERS I.D. 1463061), three 15-year-olds (VAERS I.D. 1187918, 1382906 and 1242573), five 16-year-olds (VAERS I.D. 1420630, 1466009, 1225942, 1475434, and 1386841) and three 17-year-olds (VAERS I.D. 1199455, 1388042 and 1420762).
    2,609 reports of anaphylaxis among 12- to 17-year-olds with 99% of cases
    attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine.
    444 reports of myocarditis and pericarditis (heart inflammation) with 438 cases attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine.
    89 reports of blood clotting disorders, with all cases attributed to Pfizer.

This week’s total U.S. VAERS data, from Dec. 14, 2020 to Aug. 20, 2021, for all age groups combined, show:

21% of deaths were related to cardiac disorders.
    54% of those who died were male, 43% were female and the remaining death reports did not include gender of the deceased.
    The average age of death was 73.1.
    As of Aug 20., 3,190 pregnant women reported adverse events related to COVID vaccines, including 982 reports of miscarriage or premature birth.
    Of the 2,640 cases of Bell’s Palsy reported, 50% were attributed to Pfizer vaccinations, 43% to Moderna and 7% to J&J.
    530 reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, with 39% of cases attributed to Pfizer, 34% to Moderna and 26% to J&J.
    132,694 reports of anaphylaxis with 43% of cases attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine, 49% to Moderna and 8% to J&J.
    8,528 reports of blood clotting disorders. Of those, 3,633 reports were attributed to Pfizer, 3,101 reports to Moderna and 1,746 reports to J&J.
    2,162 cases of myocarditis and pericarditis with 1,364 cases attributed to Pfizer, 714 cases to Moderna and 78 cases to J&J’s COVID vaccine.

https://basedunderground.com/2...er-vaccine-approval/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor
  •  
    Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    Adding this article from another thread.

Israeli Study Shows Natural Immunity 13x More Effective Than Vaccines At Stopping Delta

This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the delta variant.

A new study out of Israel suggests natural infection offers a much better shield against the delta variant than vaccines, this is after Americans have been told that vaccines offer better protection than natural infections

Dr. Anthony Fauci and the rest of President Biden’s COVID advisors have been proven wrong about “the science” of COVID vaccines yet again.

The study was described by Bloomberg as “the largest real-world analysis comparing natural immunity – gained from an earlier infection – to the protection provided by one of the most potent vaccines currently in use.”

A few days ago, we noted how remarkable it was that the mainstream press was finally giving voice to scientists to criticize President Biden’s push to start doling out booster jabs. Well, this study further questions the credibility of relying on vaccines, given that the study showed that the vaccinated were ultimately 13x as likely to be infected as those who were infected previously, and 27x more likely to be symptomatic.

Alex Berenson, a science journalist who has repeatedly questioned the efficacy of vaccines and masks at preventing COVID, touted the study as enough to “end any debate over vaccines v natural immunity.”

1/ Wow. New Israeli preprint shows natural immunity to #SARSCoV2 is FAR superior to the artificial kind – vaccinated people were 13x as likely to be infected and 27x to have symptomatic infections as a matched cohort that was previously infected. And this is with Delta dominant. pic.twitter.com/hhD9h0vyMS

— Alex Berenson (@AlexBerenson) August 25, 2021

2/ The paper also shows that offering previously infected people one dose slightly reduced their infection risk (though not enough to outweigh side effects, I would argue). Along with the other emerging data, this paper should end any debate over vaccines v natural immunity…

3/ Source: https://t.co/DcCpBoMFWd

Here’s an excerpt from a report by Science Magazine:

The new analysis relies on the database of Maccabi Healthcare Services, which enrols about 2.5 million Israelis. The study, led by Tal Patalon and Sivan Gazit at KSM, the system’s research and innovation arm, found in two analyses that people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus.

In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization was eight times higher.

This time, the data leave little doubt that natural infection truly is the better option for protection against the delta variant, despite the fact that the US won’t acknowledge the already infected as having antibodies protecting them from the virus.

As the first country to achieve widespread coverage by the vaccine, Israel is now in an unthinkable situation: daily case numbers have reached new record levels as the delta variant penetrates the vaccines’ protection like a hot knife slicing through butter.

At the very least, the results of the study are good news for patients who have already successfully battled COVID but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic.

“This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer-lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the delta variant,” the researchers said.

Unfortunately, the study also showed that any protection is time-limited. The protection offered by natural infection wanes over time, just like the protection afforded by vaccines: The risk of a vaccine-breakthrough delta case was 13x higher than the risk of developing a second infection when the original illness occurred during January or February 2021. That’s significantly more than the risk for people who were ill earlier in the outbreak.

What’s more, giving a single shot of the vaccine to those who had been previously infected also appeared to boost their protection. Still, the data don’t tell us anything about the long-term benefits of booster doses.

This latest data showing the vaccines don’t offer anywhere near the 90%+ protection that was originally advertised by the FDA after the emergency authorization. Other studies are finding harmful side effects caused by the mRNA jabs are also more prevalent than previously believed.

https://www.herald.ng/this-end...s-at-stopping-delta/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Wait, what?
    Picture of gearhounds
    posted Hide Post
    What is disheartening is the number of supposedly intelligent people that completely disregard the VAERS database because it conflicts with the narrative. Do they really believe people randomly enter false information? That is a leftist tactic, not conservative.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Oregon
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

https://www.herald.ng/this-end...s-at-stopping-delta/

That article left out the numbers used for that study:

quote:
    The differences are huge,” says Thålin, although she cautions that the numbers for infections and other events analyzed for the comparisons were “small.” For instance, the higher hospitalization rate in the 32,000-person analysis was based on just eight hospitalizations in a vaccinated group and one in a previously infected group. And the 13-fold increased risk of infection in the same analysis was based on just 238 infections in the vaccinated population, less than 1.5% of the more than 16,000 people, versus 19 reinfections among a similar number of people who once had SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.sciencemag.org/new...no-infection-parties

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
    -Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6096 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Made from a
    different mold
    Picture of mutedblade
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by gearhounds:
    What is disheartening is the number of supposedly intelligent people that completely disregard the VAERS database because it conflicts with the narrative. Do they really believe people randomly enter false information? That is a leftist tactic, not conservative.

I just want to know where we should be getting data since VAERS isn't to be trusted. Is there a database that only the medical professionals can gain access to (input/extract data), so that the data is incorruptible? If anyone knows of such a monster and is willing to share some details, I'd be keen to see how many "actual" adverse reactions have taken place. Perhaps breaking down by vaccine and what kind of reaction as well as if it occurred after the 1st dose or 2nd dose.

Posts: 2843 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    This covid stuff is scary, at least to me.

My wife and I both had it at the end of October, she lost her sense of taste and smell and JUST RECENTLY got MOST of it back.

Me, I spent a week in the VA Hospital, most of it in Intensive Care. Very sick time for me.

So, when the VA got the Vaccine, Pfizer, I got both doses. Took longer for my wife to get hers (not a vet).

Heard two stories from medical people the last couple days-one, a lady doc treating covid patients in a local hospital describes dying, unvaccinated patients who had previously refused to take the shots, begging for the vaccine-and her having to tell them it is too late.

Another from a nurse in the ER at a large Clearwater hospital said she sees a great difference in symptoms and survival rates between Covid patients in the hospital who were vaccinated and those who were not.

Thursday evening the local VA Hospital called and said I was eligible for my booster. It's a walk-in between 8-4 weekdays.

I've read a lot of this stuff about the disease and dangers of the vaccinations. I know there are those who think the disease itself is some phony thing. My belief is that they are, to put it nicely, simply wrong.

I've decided to get the booster. I'm fairly old, pushing 74, got a lot of health problems, had/have a couple of bad cancers, one I've survived (6 years) and the other is still a crap shoot, so I think I am gonna go visit my friends out at BayPines on Monday PM and get that booster.

If I was in my 30s or 40s or even my 50s, as many of you are, I might feel differently about this, but I'm not, so ....

Bob

Posts: 1602 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Savor the limelight
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I know there are those who think the disease itself is some phony thing.

There isn't a single person on this forum that believes that.

Posts: 11173 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    The disease is real - it was engineered and manufactured to be that way.

The question is - is the vaccine worse?

We (or you if you took the poke) will have to wait 18-48+ months to find out.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by straightshooter1:
    I've read a lot of this stuff about the disease and dangers of the vaccinations. I know there are those who think the disease itself is some phony thing.

I'm sure there are people who believe the disease isn't "real." Just as there are people who still believe the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese.

For most of us the question is: Is the "cure" worse than the disease?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
    "If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    So, when the VA got the Vaccine, Pfizer, I got both doses.
    I've decided to get the booster. I'm fairly old, pushing 74, got a lot of health problems, had/have a couple of bad cancers, one I've survived (6 years) and the other is still a crap shoot, so I think I am gonna go visit my friends out at BayPines on Monday PM and get that booster.

That seems like a reasonable decision, for you. No one here will fault you for your decision.
    We just want the right to make that decision ourselves, without force or coercion.

quote:
    I've read a lot of this stuff about the disease and dangers of the vaccinations. I know there are those who think the disease itself is some phony thing. My belief is that they are, to put it nicely, simply wrong.

Do you know anyone, seriously, who thinks the disease itself is some phony thing?
    I don't know of a single person. I think that's an argument against a position no one has taken.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I hope you are right, Trapper, but most of the folks here are pretty smart. I believe this Forum is really, really different than most. A good thing.

I agree with you. Ensigmatic, that's the question we often have to deal with-is this worse than that. I believe one looks at all the evidence available and then tries to make the best or wisest decision.

I don't remember much about my time in the Intensive Care, but I recall when the Doc came in, sat down by my bed and asked me to reconsider part of my "Living Will" concerning, for example, being on a vent as she thought I was likely to die if I didn't consent to that IF I got worse. We agreed, finally, that they could beat on my chest if my heart stopped, but no vent and, Thank God, I got better, not worse.

Bob

Posts: 1602 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mutedblade:
    I just want to know where we should be getting data since VAERS isn't to be trusted. Is there a database that only the medical professionals can gain access to (input/extract data), so that the data is incorruptible? If anyone knows of such a monster and is willing to share some details, I'd be keen to see how many "actual" adverse reactions have taken place. Perhaps breaking down by vaccine and what kind of reaction as well as if it occurred after the 1st dose or 2nd dose.
    As someone who deals with numbers daily, and has for many years, please recognize that no data source on the planet in incorruptible or perfect. Remember, we have evidence of doctors signing off on death certificates noting Covid as the cause of death for people who attempted to ride motorcycles through the side of a box truck. Analysis is not about 'perfect' information. Oh that it was, it would make everyone's jobs far easier. The key is recognizing what the deviation in the accuracy of the data is and adjusting accordingly. A data source we can quantify as 80%-90% reliable we can use to make some decent assumptions and predictions from. I have no idea at all how reliable the VAERS database info is, but it probably should at least be something looked at in trying to ascertain what's real and what's BS. Unfortunately for us, the government has made a complete shit show out of this whole thing in terms of information we can trust and rely on.

-----------------------------
    Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of barndg00
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by gearhounds:
    Requiring a booster after 5 months (and presumably every 5 months after that) is all the proof I need that this is a crisis being used for profit. Perhaps for compromised individuals this is the way to go, but for those with robust immune systems it in wholly unnecessary. To threaten the livelihood of people in this category is utterly reprehensible. And masks? An N95 mask only seems to be effective to limiting spread by a sick wearer.

Not sure about profit, however, for influenza, you need a new dose every year, even for strains previously vaccinated against, and influenza is seasonal. If it were year round, it would likely be every six months. How seasonal has COVID been? Not at all, so boosters on a semiannual basis, don’t seem out of line, particularly given the huge amount of transmission going on. Once under control with low rates of transmission, I could see reducing that to annually recommended boosters. Of course this is all conjecture, based on treating it more like influenza. Not sure what the immunity will be like from the new vaccines. It may only provide 6-8 months of protection, it could be longer. A new strain could circumvent the vaccines’ immunity entirely.

As for masks, N95 masks work both ways, meaning they prevent spread from a sick individual, and also prevent a healthy individual from breathing in the virus.

Posts: 2156 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Two thoughts. One, the father's attorney is a total moron and should never open his mouth again in public. Two, that judge should be dis-barred for having no clue whatsoever what his damn job is. People (like me) have begun to loathe the legal system and those in it for a myriad of reasons, but one that stands out the most, is judges inserting their personal views in place of good legal jurisprudence.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Sigforum K9 handler
    Picture of jljones
    posted Hide Post
    We have arrived at the point that most people believe NOTHING the experts say.

NOTHING.

Punxsutawney Phil has much, much more credibility in being right. At least he's right some of the time, which is far more than what we have seen out of the medical "community" and politicians thus far.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by barndg00:
    As for masks, N95 masks work both ways, meaning they prevent spread from a sick individual, and also prevent a healthy individual from breathing in the virus.
    Which I hope we can agree is irrelevant given probably 90%+ of the population isn't wearing N95 masks.

I listened to an immunologist discussing the vaccines a couple days ago, and he asserted that the current vaccines are not a solution to addressing this pandemic in his opinion given they 1) Do not prevent spread of the virus (the key attribute in attaining herd immunity), and 2) appear to lose effectiveness in a mere few months requiring continual boosters. His comments seemed reasonable to me. What would be your thoughts on his comments?

Ammoholic
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jljones:
    We have arrived at the point that most people believe NOTHING the experts say.

NOTHING.

Punxsutawney Phil has much, much more credibility in being right. At least he's right some of the time, which is far more than what we have seen out of the medical "community" and politicians thus far.

I’m not sure that is completely accurate. I suspect that many of us are so sick of being lied to that we don’t take as fact anything that anyone says until we’ve seen it proven to our satisfaction.

It is a truism that politicians are lying sacks and you can tell they are lying if their lips are moving. The same has become apparent about bureaucrats. Sigh…

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Chellim1:

Yes, I do. A friend doubted this was anything more than the flu till one of his secretaries got sick and died from it after couple of weeks in the hospital. He and his all have their shots now and are looking forward to the booster.

Bob

Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    ^^ OK, well most people paying attention probably realize that this can be very serious for many people. There are things that you can do to mitigate your risk and there are treatments available that will most likely keep you out of the hospital.
    In my opinion we should be spending more effort on developing and implementng early stage treatments.

-rduckwor